• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're a fool to say that, when its YOU that can't actually respond, but need to post other peoples work.
I do post Got answers, but if anyone wants me to interpret what they mean, I will, Through the Holy Spirit....I understand so many of Got answers through the Spirit.....I find their teaching mostly excellent.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Here is your Quote.

"""""""Love is NOT A FEELING but an ACT OF THE WILL!"""""

So, i'll tell you again.

"self will" that you defined as LOVE, is not the LOVE of God.

The Love of God, is GOD's Love., and that is not your "self will" to try to love.
Here again-quoting excerpts of what has been posted to you-hence total miscommunication-and now you are twisting the very scriptures that prove you are in error.
Have a good day.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You're a fool to say that, when its YOU that can't actually respond, but need to post other peoples work.

Ist that right "Mr Cut and Paste"?

So, the mental issue, is your theology, fella, that has no basis in God's Grace, and is only able to post works and self effort.

Like this......that you posted.

"""""""Love is NOT A FEELING but an ACT OF THE WILL!"""""
--and now you are resorting to personal, ad hominem attacks-I have responded, with Scripture-but you don't "get it"
Have a good day.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
--and now you are resorting to personal, ad hominem attacks-I have responded, with Scripture-but you don't "get it"
Have a good day.

I could go and repost your very long cut and past responses, as there are so many.......but i think i'll just wait for you to post the next one, and then i'll remind you, again.

And Keep in mind, that this Thread, is about being Born again, as "the righteousness of God"....."in Christ".

Its not about "how i try to do works and keep rules".
Thats' not the Thread's topic.
But it is always yours.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am aware of this robert-what is your interpretation of"whomsoever?"

The Masoretic Text begins chapter 3 at this point, but the English Bible, following the Septuagint and the Vulgate, continues chapter 2.

This stanza becomes the OT referent for Peter's Pentecostal sermon (the first gospel sermon of the church) recorded in Acts 2. Several powerful eschatological truths are noted:

YHWH pouring out His Spirit on all flesh (2:28-29, cf. Isa. 44:3-4; Ezek. 39:29)
apocalyptic signs in the heavens (positive, 2:3-31; negative, Amos 5:18,20)
salvation/deliverance through calling on YHWH's name (cf. Ps. 50:15; Isa. 55:6-7; Jer. 29:12; 33:3; Acts 2:21; Rom. 10:8-13)
the presence of a believing remnant

Notice that Peter does not mention any promises to national Israel! Israel is not the focus of the NT or the new age. The New Covenant (cf. Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-36) has a universal focus. At this point I am going to insert the introductory material from my commentary on Revelation, which deals with these OT issues.

2:28 "And it will come about after this" The question is, "what is the time frame?":

post-exilic restoration
interbiblical (Maccabean)
eschatological
Peter's use of this material in Acts 2 shows that for NT believers #3 is the proper period in which to interpret this wonderful prophecy.

"I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind" The coming of the Spirit (sent by YHWH) is the sign of the New Age, the New Covenant, the Messianic period (cf. Isa. 32:15; 44:3; Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-38; 39:29).

It is surely true that the full personality and deity of the Holy Spirit is not revealed in the OT, but through progressive revelation He is in the NT Probably this is because of the culturally surprising and theologically unique monotheism of the OT. This is demonstrated by all causality being attributed to YHWH (cf. Deut. 32:39; Job 5:18; Isa. 45:7; Hosea 6:11; Amos 3:6).

What a tremendous universal element (cf. Isa. 40:5; 42:6; 45:22: 49:6; 51:4; 52:10; Luke 2:32). This same theme is repeated in Joel 2:32, "that whoever calls on the Lord."

The Spirit in the OT is depicted in several ways:

Elohim's active force in creation, Gen. 1:2; Job 33:4; Ps. 104:29-30; 147:14-18
YHWH's personal influence, Gen. 6:3; Isa. 63:10
God's empowering influence
artistic, Exod. 28:3; 31:3; 35:31
leadership
(1) Moses, Num. 11:17; Isa. 63:11
(2) 70 elders, Num. 11:25
(3) Joshua, Num. 27:18; Deut. 34:9
(4) Saul, 1 Sam. 10:6,10; 11:6
(5) David, 1 Sam. 16:13,14; 2 Sam. 23:2
military deliverers, Jdg. 3:10; 6:34; 11:29; 13:25; 14:6,19; 15:14,19
prophecy, Num. 24:2; 1 Sam. 19:20,23; 1 Kgs. 18:12; 22:24; 2 Kgs. 2:16; 2 Chr. 15:1; 18:23; 20:14; 24:20; Ps. 143:11; Isa. 48:16; Ezek. 11:5,24; Micah 3:8
uniquely in the Messiah, Isa. 11:2; 42:4; 59:21; 61:1
It is not until the NT that the personality and deity of the Spirit is developed.

Gen_4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

1Ch_16:8 Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

Psa_99:6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.

Psa_105:1 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.

Psa_116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Psa_116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

Isa_12:4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

Isa_41:25 I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.

Isa_48:2 For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The LORD of hosts is his name.

Jer_10:25 Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate.

Jer_25:29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Hos_1:4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

Hos_1:6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

Zep_3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Act_19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

Rom_10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
1Co_1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Is this "whosoever" not a universal call?-only to a select few?
There are several passages that identify salvation Joe. It boils down to this sir, those who are truly calling upon His name listen to His voice, and obey.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don’t have to be in the Bible every day....I am led by the Spirit, God brings scripture into my mind, then I look it up,as I’ve said, I’ve been born of the Spirit,I’m fed daily ...God’s word is alive and active...I am led to scripture...scripture must talk to the heart of his child....he is the one who chooses to speak to me through scripture as and when it suits him...not when it suits me..
The epitome of laziness, no offense.
Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To be honest, I don’t understand a bit of what you post as I’m sure you are the same with my posts.

That’s not a problem...I have my own personal relationship with God Through the Holy Spirit....God is a living Spirit, he’s not a book,..my spirit is born again, therefore I have a personal living relationship with him.

I am led by the Spirit in every area of my life, which has taken time to understand, I know I must be obedient to God’s word,...as a new babe I was once ignorant to his leading and certainly didn’t understand obedience, well, he whipped me into line ( not literally) ...I can only be led by God..otherwise everything falls on deaf ears ,it just doesn’t penetrate my heart....that is my belief Brother,sorry if it offends you.

Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
Job 23:13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

Pro 4:20
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Pro 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Psa 119:97 MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
Psa 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

Psa 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Pro 19:24 A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.

Pro 26:15 The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
Pro 26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
Pro 22:17 Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
Pro 22:18 For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
Pro 22:19 That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
Pro 22:20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
Pro 22:21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?

Lazy Christian-expectant to be fed with "food"=like a bird in a nest.
Johann.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lazy Christian-expectant to be fed with "food"=like a bird in a nest.
Johann.
Have no idea what you are trying to convey here?

God speaks to me through the Holy Spirit, I am fed well through the Spirit...studying scripture all day everyday, doesn’t make one “ Born Again”.....all these accusations you make, are of the “ flesh” ..I don’t have to prove to you, that I feed on the word of God.

As I’ve explained many times, head knowledge is useless without being birthed in the Spirit....again,being birthed is a supernatural act, that only God can do!...

Reading many of your posts to others, you seem to be looking for an argument, rather than kind loving fellowship...just mo,

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In context now...

In other words-you have a direct line to God, no need for studying the Scriptures, correct?
Since I have noticed you are "struggling" in that area-Scriptures.
I am struggling with scripture...no I’m not struggling with any scripture...it depends if God speaks to me through it...only God can open up his word to my heart,as I’ve said i wait on God to reveal scripture to my heart...so I have no problem if there is scripture I don’t understand, as I rest in him...if he chooses to reveal scripture to me that I don’t understand..he will, when it suits him, not when it suits me...

You completely twisted my words...there is much of scripture that I don’t understand...why would I struggle with understanding scripture?

I don’t study scripture in my own strength...I read and wait for God to speak to my heart through it.

If you have come here for an argument, then you are looking at the wrong person...I come here for peace, edifying , and building each other up in the Spirit...I don’t come here to knock people down, it’s carnal and certainly not of God.

Edit to add, this is not the way of God, The way you completely took what I said out of context....it’s nasty and quite intimidating...thankfully I’m not intimidated by you or your posts.

Nasty and uncalled for....see how you took my post out of context...?

I am struggling with scripture...no I’m not struggling with any scripture...
Major contradiction.
Johann.

Here is the full context of post 215.....
In other words-you have a direct line to God, no need for studying the Scriptures, correct?
Since I have noticed you are "struggling" in that area-Scriptures.
I am struggling with scripture...no I’m not struggling with any scripture...it depends if God speaks to me through it...only God can open up his word to my heart,as I’ve said i wait on God to reveal scripture to my heart...so I have no problem if there is scripture I don’t understand, as I rest in him...if he chooses to reveal scripture to me that I don’t understand..he will, when it suits him, not when it suits me...

Why would I worry about not understanding some scripture?

There is much scripture that I understand....why do I understand it because....God has spoken to me through it...I can’t understand scripture without the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Psalm 29:11​

New International Version​

11 The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Matthew 5:9​

bible verse about peace from matthew
Getty
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."

Isaiah 26:3​

bible verse about peace from isaiah
Getty
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Psalm 29:11​

bible verse about peace
Getty
"The Lord gives strength to his people, and the Lord blesses his people with peace."

1 Peter 5:7​

bible verse about peace from peter
Getty

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- We speak to God through prayer
2- God speaks to us through His word- Scripture

Relationships are a 2 way street. If we are the only ones speaking it really is very selfish if we are not listening to God speak to us through His word. Think of any other relationship you have on this earth. There is no substitute for spending time with God through His word to get to know Him intimately. Like any other relationship there is a 1 to 1 correlation between time spent and a relationship that grows and flourishes.

The importance of Scripture in our daily life. I shared this below with our weekly mens discipleship group.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work.

paideia: the rearing of a child, training, discipline

Original Word:
παιδεία, ας, ἡ
Definition: the rearing of a child, training, discipline
Usage: discipline; training and education of children, hence: instruction; chastisement, correction. properly, instruction that trains someone to reach full development (maturity) tutorage, i.e. Education or training; by implication, disciplinary correction -- chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent
to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

spoudazó: to make haste, hence to give diligence

Original Word:
σπουδάζω
Definition: to make haste, to give diligence
Usage: I hasten, am eager, am zealous.properly, be swift (go fast, be speedy); (figuratively) to move speedily by showing full diligence (fully applying oneself); acting fervently (speedy commitment) to accomplish all that God assigns through faith

2 Timothy 1:7- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

sóphronismos: self-control

Original Word:
σωφρονισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Definition: self-control
Usage: self-control, self-discipline, prudence, sound mind. behavior that "fits" a situation, i.e. aptly acting out God's will by doing what He calls sound reasoning

Romans 15:4- For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”

The Word of God is alive because God is a living God (Hebrews 3:12). Jesus said, “The very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63).

Jesus compared God’s Word to seed (Matthew 13:1–23). Seed, like the Word, is a living organism that, when spread and planted in fertile soil, produces abundant life, a fruitful life that is evident for all to see, unlike the unfruitful Fig Tree that Jesus cursed in Mark 11:14.

The New birth comes from the Word. Christians are made alive spiritually and eternally because we are “born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God” (1 Peter 1:23)

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ (Romans 10:17)

There is no other book in all creation that is living, alive, transforms the heart permanently. The term active in Hebrews 4:12 means “effective, powerful, producing or capable of producing an intended result.” The Word of God is vibrant, dynamic, energizing, and productive. It is not static or idle in the lives of genuine believers. The apostle Paul explained that the Word of God is “at work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

The author of Hebrews described the Word of God as “sharper than any double-edged sword.” Paul called it “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:17) It is the only offensive weapon in the armor for the believer. Jesus used the word of God to refute satan in the temptation in the wilderness. We have the same access as believers to the word of God, the word of truth to combat sin and our enemy.

2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Psalm 119:11- Thy Word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee. Delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart (Psalm 40:8) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (Psalm 1:2) This Book of the Law must not depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in all you do. (Joshua 1:8)

Memorizing Scripture and hiding in our hearts can give us victory over sin. Cultivating meditation on Gods word is transforming. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2) and like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation (1 Peter 2:2) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.(Colossians 3:16)Gods word applied to our lives causes our growth as believers, followers of Christ who are His disciples.

hope this helps !!!

• Love
Reactions: Johann and Keturah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Online source.....

In this article, we list just a small portion of the many verses of the Bible that show how God has spoken to mankind since the beginning of time and that He has never stopped doing so. On the contrary to the naysayers, God speaks, councils, leads and teaches all those who want and choose to hear His voice and obey what He asks them to do.

Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”

Genesis 3:9 Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

Genesis 3:22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever..."

Genesis 6:13 [The Ark Prepared] And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.”

Genesis 16:13 Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; for she said, “Have I also here seen Him who sees me?”

Genesis 21:2 For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

Genesis 24:48 And I bowed my head and worshiped the Lord, and blessed the Lord God of my master Abraham, who had led me in the way of truth to take the daughter of my master’s brother for his son.

Genesis 48:15 And he blessed Joseph, and said: “God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked, the God who has led me all my life long to this day...”

Deuteronomy 8:2 “And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.”

Exodus 33:9 And it came to pass, when Moses entered the tabernacle, that the pillar of cloud descended and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses.

Exodus 33:11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

Exodus 34:29 Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.

Exodus 34:34-35 But whenever Moses went in before the Lord to speak with Him, he would take the veil off until he came out; and he would come out and speak to the children of Israel whatever he had been commanded. And whenever the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone, then Moses would put the veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with Him.

Deuteronomy 32:12 So the Lord alone led him, and there was no foreign god with him.

Joshua 14:10 “And now, behold, the Lord has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years, ever since the Lord spoke this word to Moses while Israel wandered in the wilderness; and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old.”

Joshua 21:45 Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.

Joshua 23:14 “Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed.”

2 Samuel 22:33 God is my strength and power, and He makes my way perfect.

Psalms 48:14 For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.

Psalms 143:10 Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Isaiah 45:18-19 For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens, who is God, who formed the earth and made it, who has established it, who did not create it in vain, who formed it to be inhabited: “I am the Lord, and there is no other. I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth; I did not say to the seed of Jacob, ‘Seek Me in vain’; I, the Lord, speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.”

Isaiah 48:16-17 “Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and His Spirit Have sent Me.” Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.”

Isaiah 49:5-6 “And now the Lord says, who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, to bring Jacob back to Him, so that Israel is gathered to Him (for I shall be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and My God shall be My strength),” Indeed He says, "It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth."

Isaiah 49:8 Thus says the Lord: “In an acceptable time I have heard You, and in the day of salvation I have helped You; I will preserve You and give You as a covenant to the people, to restore the earth, to cause them to inherit the desolate heritages”

Isaiah 56:1-2 Thus says the Lord: “Keep justice, and do righteousness, for My salvation is about to come, and My righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it; who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen @Christophany
The word of God is life & the  lamp unto my soul !
I shared this below which ties in with the above at last weeks mens discipleship group. Its appropriate today as we reflect on Memorial Day.

What is the 1st thing we say in response to a person who is a veteran when we meet them or find out they were in our military?

Thank you for serving for our country or thank you for your service to our country. There is much sacrifice, dedication, commitment that goes into one who serves out nation in the military.

We as believers are soldiers for Christ, we serve our Lord with the same sacrifice, service, dedication and commitment. The military owns the soldier and Christ owns believers. There are many parallels between the two and Scripture describes the warfare in great detail about the battle we fight daily. The armor of God is described in great detail by Paul for that very reason. We are to put on that armor just as the Bible tells us to put on Christ- Romans 13:14- put on Christ- clothe yourself with Christ. See also

Colossians 3:9-14

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Day and night is continual !

Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Joshua 24:15
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

Acts 26:7- Paul before Agrippa
This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. King Agrippa, it is because of this hope that these Jews are accusing me

Revelation 7:15- latreuó
For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them

Revelation 22:3-
latreuó
No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.

Romans 12:1-2-
latreia from latreuó
Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice,acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Strongs latreia: service

Original Word:
λατρεία, ας, ἡ
Transliteration: latreia
Definition: service
Usage: service rendered to God, perhaps simply: worship.

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: 2999
latreía (from 3000 /latreúō, "render sacred service") – sacred (technical) service. 2999 /latreía("technical, priestly-service") occurs five times in the NT (Jn 16:2; Ro 9:4, 12:1; Heb 9:1,6). See 3000 (latreuō).

Matthew 6:19-24
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Strong's Concordance

douleuó: to be a slave, to serve

Original Word:
δουλεύω
Transliteration: douleuó
Definition: to be a slave, to serve
Usage: I am a slave, am subject to, obey, am devoted.

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: 1398
douleúō (from 1401 /doúlos) – properly, to serve as a slave, having all personal ownership-rights assigned to the owner; (figuratively) to willingly give over the prerogative to be self-governing. See 1401 (doulos). doúlos (a masculine noun of uncertain derivation) – properly, someone who belongs to another; a bond-slave, without any ownership rights of their own. Ironically, 1401 /doúlos ("bond-slave") is used with the highest dignity in the NT – namely, of believers who willingly live under Christ's authority as His devoted followers.

Colossians 3:22-24 cf Ephesians 6:5-9
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving

Ephesians 6:5-9

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

How are you using the gift/gifts God has given you to bring Him glory in the body of Christ ?

Administration, Discernment, Evangelism, Exhortation, Faith, Giving, Healing, Helps, Hospitality, Encouraging, Word of Knowledge and word of Wisdom, Leadership, Mercy, Prophecy, Serving, Tongues, Teaching/Shepherding, Miracles, Discerning of spirits, See Rom 12:6-5, 1 Cor 12:4-11, 1 Cor 12:28,

Eph 4:11-16- So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Since we will be serving the Lord 24/7 in heaven how are we preparing ourselves for heaven here on a daily basis as Christs servants?

God has equipped every believer with at least one spiritual gift for edifying/building up the body of Christ. How are we using that special gift in our church fellowship?

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Keturah and Johann
Status
Not open for further replies.