• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is interesting...I have never ever doubted being birthed in the Spirit....Yet!!.....I have doubted God’s word, even though he delivered it to my heart on something I am going to receive from him, that was 30 yrs ago....at the beginning when he revealed this to me, my mind was in turmoil, it was such a battle of the mind...but,God has the victory because, my faith has brought me through to this place I am now at, my head has now lined up with my heart on what I am about to receive and I have no doubt whatsoever that I will receive it...how about that for a turn around....God gets all the Glory......my faith just keeps getting stronger and stronger..Praise God!

Going to Heaven is assured as soon as you gave God your Faith in Christ.

But the knowledge that is the renewed mind, has to be learned.

We have to learn who we are are in Christ..

"working out your salvation" isn't about "trying to stay saved"......its about getting the revelation of being made "the righteousness of God in Christ".

You can always hear it when someone has this Light.
They stop talking about SIN SIN SIN SIN SIN SIN SIN.
And start talking about "what God has provided for me"....

And when they really are full of the knowledge of the Truth, they'll talk about the Cross a lot., as that is the final answer to it all.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
i can agree some what mainly the opening of the heart Ezekiel says he will give us a new heart ..there has to e Drawing of the spirit along with Godly sorrow aka Conviction. everybody sees parts of salvation in a different way. but some add to it making it something we do
Amen- nothing we do and you brought up a crucial point-Conviction.
Salvation is God initiated-from beginning to the end-so that no man may boast.

There is not a Hebrew counterpart to the Greek term "conscience." Possibly "heart" implied a knowledge of self and its motives (i.e., moral self-awareness). Originally the Greek term referred to consciousness related to the five senses. It came to be used of the inner senses (cf. Rom. 2:15; 1 Tim. 1:5,19). Paul uses this term twice in his trials in Acts (i.e., Acts 23:1; 24:16). It refers to his sense that he had not knowingly violated any known religious duties toward God (cf. 1 Cor. 4:4).

Conscience is the developing understanding of believers’ motives and actions based on

a biblical worldview
the indwelling Spirit
a lifestyle knowledge based on the word of God
A Christian conscience is made possible by the personal reception of the gospel.

Paul uses the term "conscience" often in the Corinthian letters (cf. 1 Cor. 8:7,10,12; 10:25,27,28,29; 2 Cor. 1:12; 4:2; 5:11). It refers to that moral inner sense of what is appropriate or inappropriate (cf. Acts 23:1). The conscience can be affected by

our past lives
our poor choices
our culture
our personal preferences
the Spirit of God
It is not a flawless guide (i.e., 1 Tim. 4:2), but it does determine the boundaries of an individual's faith. Therefore, to violate our conscience, even if it is in error or weak, is a major faith problem (i.e., Rom. 14:23).

Other NT authors use the term in the same sense.

Hebrews 9:9,14; 10:2,22; 13:18
1 Peter 2:19; 3:16,21
The believer's conscience needs to be more and more formed by the Word of God and the Spirit of God (cf. 1 Tim. 3:9). God will judge believers (cf. 2 Cor. 5:10) by the light they have (i.e., weak or strong, cf. Rom. 14:1-15:13; 1 Cor. 8:7-13), but all of us need to be open to--

the Bible for more information about God and His will, plan, and purpose
the Spirit for more understanding and the power to act on that understanding
a growing, daily, experiential knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and our becoming more and more like Him

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Another Big Amen!!..to this also....
(anakainōsis)

This Greek term in its various forms (anakainoō, anakainizō) has two basic meanings.

1. "to cause something to become new and different (i.e., better)" ‒ Rom. 12:2; Col. 3:10

2. "to cause a change to a previous preferable state" ‒ 2 Cor. 4:16; Heb. 6:4-6

(taken from Louw and Nida's Greek-English Lexicon, vol. 1, pp. 157, 594)

Moulton and Milligan, The Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, say that this term (i.e., anakainōsis) cannot be found in Greek literature earlier than Paul. Paul may have coined this term himself (p. 34).

Frank Stagg, New Testament Theology, has an interesting comment.

"Regeneration and renewal belong to God alone. Anakainōsis, the word for "renewal," is an action NOUN, and it is employed in the New Testament, along with verb forms, to describe a continuing renewal, as in Romans 12:2, 'Be ye transformed according to the renewing of your mind' and 2 Corinthians 4:16, 'Our inward man is being renewed day by day.' Colossians 3:10 describes the 'new man' as 'the one being renewed unto thorough knowledge according to the image of the one having created him.' Thus the 'new man,' the 'newness of life,' the 'regeneration,' or 'renewal,' however designated, is traced to an initial act and a continuing act of God as the giver and sustainer of eternal life" (p. 118).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
'Be ye transformed according to the renewing of your mind'

There it is.

See, people who are stuck in the wrong mind, yet born again, are not doing what that verse says we are to do.

Paul says....>"as many as be perfect"....

Well, we are already "made righteous", so, that is resolved.....so what is the "Perfect"?
He says its the "same mind" that God has, regarding who God says we are now become as "made righteous".
This is to have the "Knowledge of God".......to have HIS PERSPECTIVE of who we have become as a "new Creation" "in Christ".

Its to get to that KNOWLEDGE as your REAL FAITH... that is the "renewing of your mind"....

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Its to get to that KNOWLEDGE as your REAL FAITH... that is the "renewing of your mind"....
I'm going to have to ask you brother-we are the righteousness of God IN Christ-For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Do this passage teach sinless-ness-sinless perfectionism?

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to have to ask you brother-we are the righteousness of God IN Christ-For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

No , it preaches HE WHO WAS SINLESS and PERFECT and thus it points us to BELIEVE YE ON THAT ONE .
Now we ought to be as the apostels were about sin .
meaning , quite grave , warning it should not once be done . Even rebuking sharply if or when we see it .
That must be done . But that passage is POINTING TO CHRIST . Now lift those hands up to the LORD .
and let me leave us with a reminder from Christ . Now go and sin no more .
And now a reminder from paul . LET all who name the name of CHRIST depart from inquity . OUR VIEW on sin
SHOULD BE IDENTICAL TO THAT VIEW ON SIN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The verse teaches that the Born again, are "made righteous". as "the righteousness of GOD.......in Christ".

Currently,
as of this very moment, every born again Christian is...>"one with God"....and "seated in Heavenly places, in Christ".

So, can you be in Heaven, and "one with God" and have sin?
Does the "temple of the Holy Spirit"< have sin?
Nope.

Not according to the Blood Atonement who is Jesus ... who is "the one time ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin".

You dont have sin, because Jesus has it....>"God hath made Jesus to be sin".

What you can have is thoughts............but because the born again are "not under the law, but UNDER GRACE"........the law then has no authority to define you as a sinner or your thoughts as sin.

They are "works of the flesh" if you do them.

Paul teaches..>"use not your LIBERTY< for an occasion to the FLESH".

"Liberty' is to be "Made free from sin" and the judgement do it.

So, because we are "made righteous", we are not to use this STATUS, to go and live like the devil.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse teaches that the Born again, are "made righteous". as "the righteousness of GOD.......in Christ".

Currently,
as of this very moment, every born again Christian is...>"one with God"....and "seated in Heavenly places, in Christ".

Not according to the Blood Atonement who is Jesus ... who is "the one time ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin".

You are refusing to believe this because you are use to the old mind, and are not renewing your mind into the TRUTH, yet.

What you can have is sinful thoughts.........but because the born again are "not under the law, but UNDER GRACE"........the law then has no authority to define you as a sinner or your thoughts as sin.

So, because we are "made righteous", we are not to use this STATUS, to go and live like the devil.
So my question now is , why the heck are churches running back to ecumincalism with ONE who never taught nor beleived that .
Why on earth are folkings running back to unity with the RCC . WHO , i might add is also the one
making the path so broad to GOD it seems to include everyones religion as fine .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Notice..

Jesus, on earth was God in a body.
Yet, He was "TEMPTED". Just like you. ("yet without sin")

So, being born again, does not keep you from being tempted.

What it does, is..

"""""But NOW being made free from sin, and become servants to God'""""

Notice... "NOW".

This means, forever.

But you are not free from Temptation, as this world is nothing but temptation and we are stuck in it, for a little while longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice..

Jesus, on earth was God in a body.
Yet, He was "TEMPTED". Just like you.

So, being born again, does not keep you from being tempted.

What it does, is..

"""""But NOW being made free from sin, and become servants to God'""""

Notice... "NOW".

This means, forever.

But you are not free from Temptation, as this world is nothing but temptation and we are stuck in it, for a little while longer.
Temptations lead us to SIN if we entertain them , obey them .
JESUS was made in the same flesh we are in . YET HE brought every thought captive unto the obediance of the FATHER .
AND we do have spiritual weapons , By which we too can bring EVERY THOUGHT captive to the OBEDIANCE OF CHRIST .
As a child my friends used to tempt me to do wrong things . I didnt always obey them and act out the evil
sometimes i did though . We dont have to be a slave to the sin of our flesh any longer .
And i truly think tis high time the church remind the church OF THIS . Prayer is quite POWERFUL my friend .
When the temptation comes , AND WOE IT WILL for in our flesh resides evil . WE HAVE ONE FAR GREATER than the FLESH
who actually crucified SIN in the FLESH . PRAYER . And if one does err , correct such a one .
Repent of such evil .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Temptations lead us to SIN if we entertain them , obey them .
-
"""" No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man, but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.""""

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my question now is , why the heck are churches running back to ecumincalism with ONE who never taught nor beleived that .
Why on earth are folkings running back to unity with the RCC . WHO , i might add is also the one
making the path so broad to GOD it seems to include everyones religion as fine .
Are you okay??? The Roman Catholic denomination says that they alone are the true church and have the only true doctrine. It by no means includes everyone's religion.

Have a look at this thread: What Is Waiting For Us At The End Of Life?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you okay??? The Roman Catholic denomination says that they alone are the true church and have the only true doctrine. It by no means includes everyone's religion.

Have a look at this thread: What Is Waiting For Us At The End Of Life?
Rather odd , its leaders seem to be pointing all to the idea that salvation can surely be found
without FAITH in CHRIST . Ya better examine that hole of darkness .
WHO do you think the liberal and conservative churches are BEING INFLUENCED BY .
WHO do you THINK brought the all incluisve ecuminical religion IN . THE RCC DID .
ITS HIGH TIME we abandon progressive men who think themselves so wise
and yet all they did was turn a dog turd into what they think is progressive chocolate
by shining it up a bit .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Different answers to that question, but all roads lead to deception, unless you have the Truth.

What i teach as ....>"the great falling away"..

Is...

A great falling away from the Cross, and The Grace of God....

In other words, in these "end times" there is a FAMINE of "THE CROSS OF CHRIST". being preached as "The Gospel".

Look at this fourm., for example.
I Preach and teach it too much here, because its MISSING......... and not just on this one.
Most denominations are the same.

Where is the CROSS?

What do you hear instead?

"water and works"

"self effort and enduring"

"law and commandment keeping"

"how i stay saved by doing doing doing """

"confessing sin to try to stay saved".

See those?
That is what is preached in the end times as "The Gospel".
And it is the Devil's Gospel.
Absolutely.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different answers to that question, but all roads lead to deception, unless you have the Truth.

What i teach as ....>"the great falling away"..

Is...

A great falling away from the Cross, and The Grace of God....

In other words, in these "end times" there is a FAMINE of "THE CROSS OF CHRIST". being preached as "The Gospel".

Look at this fourm., for example.
I Preach and teach it too much here, because its MISSING......... and not just on this one.
Most denominations are the same.

Where is the CROSS?

What do you hear instead?

"water and works"

"self effort and enduring"

"law and commandment keeping"

"how i stay saved by doing doing doing """

"confessing sin to try to stay saved".

See those?
That is what is preached in the end times as "The Gospel".
And it is the Devil's Gospel.
Absolutely.
I could write a book on how this all inclusive love is nothing more than self effort being called love .
I watch what they do . They try and preach a CHRISTLESS CROSS .
Aka they know some things about the cross , but peg one a extremist just cause they dare to say
YE must FIRST BELIEVE ON that ONE WHO was crucified on THE CROSS .
These people are preaching a cross that has NO JESUS ON IT . a cross that buddists and all can pick up and carry .
And its all VAIN . WITHOUT FAITH IN CHRIST , BELIEF IN HIM , ITS ALL VAIN and nutting more but self effort .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Currently,

Does the "temple of the Holy Spirit"< have sin?
Nope.

What you can have is thoughts............but because the born again are "not under the law, but UNDER GRACE"........the law then has no authority to define you as a sinner or your thoughts as sin.

that we might be made the righteousness of God in him; not the essential righteousness of God, which can neither be imparted nor imputed; nor any righteousness of God wrought in us; for it is a righteousness "in him", in Christ, and not in ourselves, and therefore must mean the righteousness of Christ; so called, because it is wrought by Christ, who is God over all, the true God, and eternal life; and because it is approved of by God the Father, accepted of by him, for, and on the behalf of his elect, as a justifying one; it is what he bestows on them, and imputes unto them for their justification; it is a righteousness, and it is the only one which justifies in the sight of God. Now to be made the righteousness of God, is to be made righteous in the sight of God, by the imputation of the righteousness of Christ. Just as Christ is made sin, or a sinner, by the imputation of the sins of others to him; so they are made righteousness, or righteous persons, through the imputation of his righteousness to them; and in no other way can the one be made sin, or the other righteousness. And this is said to be "in him", in Christ; which shows, that though Christ's righteousness is unto all, and upon all them that believe, it is imputed to them, and put upon them; it is not anything wrought in them; it is not inherent in them. "Surely in the Lord have I righteousness and strength", says the church, Isa_45:24 and also, that the way in which we come by this righteousness is by being in Christ; none have it reckoned to them, but who are in him, we are first "of" God "in" Christ, and then he is made unto us righteousness. Secret being in Christ, or union to him from everlasting, is the ground and foundation of our justification, by his righteousness, as open being in Christ at conversion is the evidence of it.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd , its leaders seem to be pointing all to the idea that salvation can surely be found
without FAITH in CHRIST . Ya better examine that hole of darkness .
WHO do you think the liberal and conservative churches are BEING INFLUENCED BY .
WHO do you THINK brought the all incluisve ecuminical religion IN . THE RCC DID .
ITS HIGH TIME we abandon progressive men who think themselves so wise
and yet all they did was turn a dog turd into what they think is progressive chocolate
by shining it up a bit .
Aside from you repulsive imagery...

Who do I think the liberal and conservative churches are being influenced by? Well, the obvious answer is Jesus Christ and His Word. Since their ideologies are different, He and the Bible are what they have in common.

And I have no idea what you mean by "all incluisve ecuminical religion". Assuming you mean the "all-inclusive, ecumenical religion", it was certainly not the Catholics. They are very rigid in their ideology and practice and exclude all others, including other Christians.

And when you refer to "progressive men", whom do you have in mind?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could write a book on how this all inclusive love is nothing more than self effort being called love .
I watch what they do . They try and preach a CHRISTLESS CROSS .
Aka they know some things about the cross , but peg one a extremist just cause they dare to say
YE must FIRST BELIEVE ON that ONE WHO was crucified on THE CROSS .
These people are preaching a cross that has NO JESUS ON IT . a cross that buddists and all can pick up and carry .
And its all VAIN . WITHOUT FAITH IN CHRIST , BELIEF IN HIM , ITS ALL VAIN and nutting more but self effort .
It is the Catholics who continue to portray the cross as still being occupied by Jesus.

What is wrong with "a Christless cross"? What do you think Jesus meant when He told His followers “If any wish to come after me, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me"?

"Nutting more but self effort"??? :jest:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
that we might be made the righteousness of God in him; not the essential righteousness of God, which can neither be imparted nor imputed; nor any righteousness of God wrought in us; for it is a righteousness "in him", in Christ, and not in ourselves,

The born again Spirit, is the "Son/Daughter" of God.

This is SInless, "made righteous"... "One with God".

That's the real you, if you are born again, and one day you'll get a new body that is designed for the real you who is the BORN AGAIN Spirit.

The "self" you keep referring to is your THINKING.
That's not born again, so you have to renew your THINKING......(mind) so that you see yourself as the Born again, only, because this is the only YOU that God sees.

Reactions: Johann
Status
Not open for further replies.