• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you for the question.

There is this heretic.

John Calvin.

He was unable to understand the NT, or Salvation.....as the WAY that God provided it as a FREE GifT. to "all who will believe".

So, Calvin rewrote some of Paul's verses, into "CALVINISM" and its worst offense, is to redefine the Cross of Christ as "only given to some".

That is a HELLISH Doctrine, and its the heart of Calvinism.
You haven't answered @Robert Gwin's question @Behold and he was not referencing Calvin brother.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You haven't answered @Robert Gwin's question @Behold and he was not referencing Calvin brother.

He posted a question about the will of God.

So the verse (Jesus) says that not all will become a Christian, but only those who do the Will.

Then He shows who wont....and Christ then gives an example of someone who is doing works to try to be accepted by God.
So, that ISN'T the will of God that leads to the new birth.

Its BELIEVING......that is God's will that leads to the New birth.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What do you mean by that Be? That looks like you are saying we cannot choose, is that correct? Did you mean to say that He accepts all those who choose to believe?
John 1:12
Verse Concepts
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

John 3:16
Verse Concepts
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9
Verse Concepts
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

1 John 1:9
Verse Concepts
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 5:8
Verse Concepts
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 3:23
Verse Concepts
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23
Verse Concepts
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Verse Concepts
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

John 3:17
Verse Concepts
For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Ephesians 2:8
Verse Concepts
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Romans 3:20
Verse Concepts
because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Ephesians 1:7
Verse Concepts
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

Acts 16:30
Verse Concepts
and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

John 14:6
Verse Concepts
Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Galatians 5:1
Verse Concepts
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Psalm 119:11
Verse Concepts
Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.

Romans 10:13
Verse Concepts
for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Titus 3:5
Verse Concepts
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Galatians 2:16
Verse Concepts
nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Acts 2:38
Verse Concepts
Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

John 3:18
Verse Concepts
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hebrews 9:22
Verse Concepts
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Isaiah 53:6
Verse Concepts
All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.

Romans 3:28
Verse Concepts
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

Romans 3:11
Verse Concepts
There is none who understands,
There is none who seeks for God;

Romans 3:22
Verse Concepts
even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Galatians 2:20
Verse Concepts
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Acts 4:12
Verse Concepts
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

John 11:25
Verse Concepts
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

John 5:24
Verse Concepts
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

2 Corinthians 5:21
Verse Concepts
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 2:13
Verse Concepts
for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

1 Peter 2:24
Verse Concepts
and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Ephesians 2:10
Verse Concepts
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

1 Corinthians 15:22
Verse Concepts
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

Romans 8:1
Verse Concepts
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:26-27
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Romans 3:24
Verse Concepts
being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

Philippians 1:6
Verse Concepts
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Exodus 20:1-17
Then God spoke all these words, saying, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before Me. read more.

Job 7:5
Verse Concepts
“My flesh is clothed with worms and a crust of dirt,
My skin hardens and runs.

Mark 13:13
Verse Concepts
You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

John 8:32
Verse Concepts
and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

2 Corinthians 1:10
Verse Concepts
who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,

Hebrews 2:14-15
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

Psalm 50:15
Verse Concepts
Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.”

Revelation 1:8
Verse Concepts
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

1 Chronicles 16:11
Verse Concepts
Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face continually.

John 6:44
Verse Concepts
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Romans 9:15
Verse Concepts
For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Jonah 2:9
Verse Concepts
But I will sacrifice to You
With the voice of thanksgiving.
That which I have vowed I will pay.
Salvation is from the Lord.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ephesians 1:7
Verse Concepts
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

See the "in Him"?

This is the Key. as all the born again are "in Him"......Him = God and Christ......... "one with God"....>"in Christ".

And by being "in Him" the BLOOD of Jesus, the Blood atonement, maintains the cleansing of our sin nature, and the forgiveness of our sin.

See, exactly as a person today, can be saved by What Jesus did 2000 yrs ago, is the same for us regarding this Sacrifice of Christ that is Eternal.

"we are chosen in Him".....

This does not mean that God forces us to believe.....It means that our FAITH chooses for God to put us "in Christ".

This is "Faith is counted as Righteousness".

Faith is not the Righteousness. Its Jesus who is the Righteousness, and we are put "IN HIM" when we Give God our Faith.
That position, "in Christ" is our righteousness, as we are connected Spiritually, to Righteousness HIMSELF.

= 'In Christ", we exist, we have our eternal life.....as born again. 'in Him".

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
See the "in Him"?

This is the Key. as all the born again are "in Him"......Him = God and Christ......... "one with God"....>"in Christ".

And by being "in Him" the BLOOD of Jesus, the Blood atonement, maintains the cleansing of our sin nature, and the forgiveness of our sin.

See, exactly as a person today, can be saved by What Jesus did 2000 yrs ago, is the same for us regarding this Sacrifice of Christ that is Eternal.

"we are chosen in Him".....

This does not mean that God forces us to believe.....It means that our FAITH chooses for God to put us "in Christ".

This is "Faith is counted as Righteousness".

Faith is not the Righteousness. Its Jesus who is the Righteousness, and we are put "IN HIM" when we Give God our Faith.
That position, "in Christ" is our righteousness, as we are connected Spiritually, to Righteousness HIMSELF.

= 'In Christ", we exist, we have our eternal life.....as born again. 'in Him".
One, maybe two questions.

Faith is a gift/dorean of God-yes?

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

For by grace are ye saved. This is an inference from the former statements. Having treated of election and of effectual calling, he arrives at this general conclusion, that they had obtained salvation by faith alone. First, he asserts, that the salvation of the Ephesians was entirely the work, the gracious work of God. But then they had obtained this grace by faith. On one side, we must look at God; and, on the other, at man.

God declares, that he owes us nothing; so that salvation is not a reward or recompense, but unmixed grace.

The next question is, in what way do men receive that salvation which is offered to them by the hand of God?

The answer is, by faith; and hence he concludes that nothing connected with it is our own. If, on the part of God, it is grace alone, and if we bring nothing but faith, which strips us of all commendation, it follows that salvation does not come from us.

Ought we not then to be silent about free-will, and good intentions, and fancied preparations, and merits, and satisfactions? There is none of these which does not claim a share of praise in the salvation of men; so that the praise of grace would not, as Paul shews, remain undiminished.

When, on the part of man, the act of receiving salvation is made to consist in faith alone, all other means, on which men are accustomed to rely, are discarded. Faith, then, brings a man empty to God, that he may be filled with the blessings of Christ. And so he adds, not of yourselves; that claiming nothing for themselves, they may acknowledge God alone as the author of their salvation.

Do you agree with the above statement?

2. Our "choice" to "receive Christ" was it our choice-or God initiated TO make a choice?-since no man can come to the Father unless drawn

I hope you understand what I am trying to ask you.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you and I were born again-was it our choosing-or was it God initiated?
both God chose us but we have the free will to accept john 3 Truly, truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God kjv says except HE does not force his will on us. the H.S leads us .i have discussed Calvinism many times in carm forum it ends up them telling me im wrong a false teacher straw man theology .of course i am no longer in there. were not robots and we certainly do NOT pick time place when to be saved

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For by grace are ye saved.

Grace is God's mercy and pardon and forgiveness, that is extended to the World as :

"for God so LOVED the WORLD (everyone, all) that HE GAVE" The Cross of Christ, His Son.

"He GAVE". = God's Grace.

This is unearned . Its God GIVING, and us RECEIVING...... "The GIFT".. of Salvation.

God's Part in Salvation is to Give it to us., as a "gift".
Our part is to Receive it as "The Gift of Salvation".

Salvation is God's Grace. Freely Given.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The next question is, in what way do men receive that salvation which is offered to them by the hand of God?

You hear the "preaching of the Cross".........and believe it........ as the preaching of The Cross is the "POWER OF GOD, unto Salvation".

The "Hearing of Faith"...

"faith comes by HEARING".. the Gospel.

"faith is counted"

God saves us THROUGH Faith.

Faith is Not the Savior.
God is The Savior, and Jesus is the Way.

We give God what He requires...

"all that call on the name of Jesus" "shall be Saved"
"As many as BELIEVED"
"He that believes NOT, is damned".

so that He then delivers to us His Salvation, which is JESUS who freely Died for our sin., as THIS is the Gift.
The Cross is the Gift.
The finished work of Jesus on the Cross is "the Gift".

Jesus said from the Cross....>"IT, is Finished".........= The GIFT of SALVATION.....>His SACRIFICE......completed.

= Our Redemption.

Jesus Blood and Death is what God had to provide to the world so that He could accept us.

This is "the GIFT of Salvation".

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He posted a question about the will of God.

So the verse (Jesus) says that not all will become a Christian, but only those who do the Will.

Then He shows who wont....and Christ then gives an example of someone who is doing works to try to be accepted by God.
So, that ISN'T the will of God that leads to the new birth.

Its BELIEVING......that is God's will that leads to the New birth.
I haven't received a notification on your answer brother-it isn't the boule/thelema/will of God that leads to new birth?

Joh_9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Joh_11:22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

Joh_16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Act_7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Act_13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Act_22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

Act_28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Rom_1:10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

Rom_8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Rom_12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom_15:32 That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.

1Co_1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

1Co_4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

1Co_14:25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

2Co_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

2Co_6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co_8:5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.

2Co_10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

2Co_12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Gal_1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Eph_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Eph_6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Col_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

Col_4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

1Th_4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1Th_5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

2Ti_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

2Ti_2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Heb_2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Heb_8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb_10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Heb_10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Jas_4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1Pe_2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

1Pe_3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

1Pe_4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1Pe_4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

2Pe_1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1Jn_2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev_3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev_17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
Rev_21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

--so it isn't Gods will re our new birth?-which is not from ourselves?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
both God chose us but we have the free will to accept john 3 Truly, truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God kjv says except HE does not force his will on us. the H.S leads us .i have discussed Calvinism many times in carm forum it ends up them telling me im wrong a false teacher straw man theology .of course i am no longer in there. were not robots and we certainly do NOT pick time place when to be saved
Correct-we are not robots, do you believe Calvin is correct-or that there is truth to be found in our Reformed fathers writings? Or, are the Armenians hold to correct doctrines?
Should others jump in this conversation between me and you, I will block them.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct-we are not robots, do you believe Calvin is correct-or that there is truth to be found in our Reformed fathers writings? Or, are the Armenians hold to correct doctrines?
Should others jump in this conversation between me and you, I will block them.
john calvin had some good points and many i dont agree with. Armenians hold to correct doctrines? NO i dont think any one certain group is !00% correct. i will be bringing the morning message this morning on the new Birth . i will only scratch the surface . its a spiritual Birth. how does one explain the H.S /comforter /spirit of truth. lets not forget regeneration {Another word for regeneration is rebirth, related to the biblical phrase “born again.”}

this is from got questions The only means of regeneration is by faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross. No amount of good works or keeping of the Law can regenerate the heart. “By works of the law no human being will be justified in [God’s] sight” (Romans 3:20). Only Christ offers a cure for the total depravity of the human heart. We don’t need renovation or reformation or reorganization; we need rebirth. see they are reformed but for the most i find them spot on. once again its better experienced than defined .

many think water baptism and or speaking in tongues is salvation Acts 4:12 no other name given we must not Forget Grace God Riches At Christ Expense

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I haven't received a notification on your answer brother-it isn't the boule/thelema/will of God that leads to new birth?
--so it isn't Gods will re our new birth?-which is not from ourselves?

Yes, the offer of Salvation, is freely given.
The Cross is a Standing offer to "all who will believe".

You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make Him drink.
So, God can lead you to the knowledge of the Truth, but He doesn't make you believe.

And the new Birth, is performed because someone's Faith is counted as Righteousness.

This very day, thousands will go to Hell. And its not God's will that sent them there.
Its their unbelief that sent them there.

Free will has consequences attached to using it.
Adam found this out the hard way, and then the 2nd Adam had to come down here and be slaughtered so that we could be freed from the "fall of us all" that was caused by the disobedience of 1st Adam.

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Rev_3:12 Him that overcometh

And who is it that has already "overcometh".

1 John 5

"""""for everyone born of God (born again) overcomes the world. This is the victory that.... HAS overcome... the world, even our FAITH .
5Who is it that overcomes the world?= Only he who BELIEVES that Jesus is the Son of God.""

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
2. Our "choice" to "receive Christ" was it our choice-or God initiated TO make a choice?-since no man can come to the Father unless drawn

The Call of God is the Cross of Christ.

He's been calling us all for 2000 yrs, including tomorrow.

Will all come?
No.
Are all invited?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.