• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Free will has consequences attached to using it.
This has nothing to do with free will brother--

Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Man's will is not the initial cause of his salvation and election, but man's will is affected by the free grace of God working in him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only point I agree with Calvin is, being birthed in the Holy Spirit is irresistible, now many don’t believe that, my answer to that is, they weren’t there when I was “ birthed in the Spirit “ regenerated/ spiritual birth.

I don’t even know what the T U L P...even stand for....only the irresistible grace.....it was His Love that was irresistible, I believe he opened my heart, to receive...just like he did to Lydia.

I had been searching within myself, for many yrs, before I ever became born again....he saw that and knew the pain and heartache I was in as a nonbeliever...

I don’t think I would still be alive if God hadn’t birthed me in the Spirit..my life was a hell hole.

I was the one who believed in Jesus, but I also believe that God got me to that place, in other words, he was drawing me to Jesus throughout my life, looking back at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The only point I agree with Calvin is, being birthed in the Holy Spirit is irresistible, now many don’t believe that, my answer to that is, they weren’t there when I was “ birthed in the Spirit “ regenerated/ spiritual birth.

I don’t even know what the T U L P...even stand for....only the irresistible grace.....it was His Love that was irresistible, I believe he opened my heart, to receive...just like he did to Lydia.

I had been searching within myself, for many yrs, before I ever became born again....he saw that and knew the pain and heartache I was in as a nonbeliever...

I don’t think I would still be alive if God hadn’t birthed me in the Spirit..my life was a hell hole.
What is the TULIP in Calvinism?
The theology of Calvinism has been immortalized in the acronym TULIP, which states the five essential doctrines of total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible grace, and perseverance of the saints.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The theology of Calvinism has been immortalized in the acronym TULIP, which states the five essential doctrines of total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible grace, and perseverance of the saints.
Do you believe any of his points,Brother?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This has nothing to do with free will brother--

Free Will is the reason we choose to believe in Christ, after hearing the Gospel.

Had we no free will then how could we choose to believe.

The Devil is out to deceive us, so that we use our free will to make choices that harm us.

Temptation is the force of Lust upon your free will to execute a deed that has a harmful consequence.

When Temptation (LUST)= has used you to use your free will to commit a deed that is against righteousness, then its not the Temptation that is the blame.
Its the CHOICE to do it.
That's free will.

God held Adam accountable for his CHOICE, not for the deed itself.
Biting the apple, was insignificant.
It was the CHOICE TO DO IT, that was the "fall".

See, when you fornicate, .. the fornication is the ACT, but the CHOICE to do it....was already the sin.

You can MURDER in your heart.
You dont have to cut someone's throat to be a killer, a murderer.

People dont end up in hell because they are bad.........as "all have sinned".
People end up in hell because they CHOSE to not do what God said......
Its that "apple' again....
See it?
They didn't "believe".

God's WILL is that ALL believe, and they WOULD NOT.

Thats a Choice. Thats free will.

So, if you chose to not believe in Christ and be born again, and you die, then you made a choice to NOT God to Heaven.
And after you die.... God will HONOR your Choice you made on earth, = your free will.
People found that out today who went to Hell.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Keturah

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Free Will is the reason we choose to believe in Christ, after hearing the Gospel.

Had we no free will then how could we choose to believe.

The Devil is out to deceive us, so that we use our free will to make choices that harm us.

Temptation is the force of Lust upon your free will to execute a deed that has a harmful consequence.

When Temptation has used you to use your free will to commit a deed that is against righteousness, then its not the Temptation that is the blame.
Its the CHOICE to do it.
That's free will.

People dont end up in hell because they are bad.........as "all have sinned".
People end up in hell because they CHOSE to not do what God said......
The didn't "believe".
See, NOW I agree with how you lay it out-I am NOT saying we are unable to make choices brother-we are still on the same page.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith then is by hearing, etc. We see by this conclusion what Paul had in view by the gradation which he formed; it was to show, that wherever faith is, God has there already given an evidence of his election; and then, that he, by pouring his blessing on the ministration of the gospel, to illuminate the minds of men by faith, and thereby to lead them to call on his name, had thus testified, that the Gentiles were admitted by him into a participation of the eternal inheritance.

And this is a remarkable passage with regard to the efficacy of preaching; for he testifies, that by it faith is produced. He had indeed before declared, that of itself it is of no avail; but that when it pleases the Lord to work, it becomes the instrument of his power.

And indeed the voice of man can by no means penetrate into the soul; and mortal man would be too much exalted, were he said to have the power to regenerate us;
the light also of faith is something sublimer than what can be conveyed by man:-- but all these things are no hindrances, that God should not work effectually through the voice of man, so as to create faith in us through his ministry.

It must be further noticed, that faith is grounded on nothing else but the truth of God; for Paul does not teach us that faith springs from any other kind of doctrine, but he expressly restricts it to the word of God; and this restriction would have been improper if faith could rest on the decrees of men.

J.

Reactions: marks

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
irresistible grace.....it was His Love that was irresistible, I believe he opened my heart, to receive...just like he did to Lydia.
i can agree some what mainly the opening of the heart Ezekiel says he will give us a new heart ..there has to e Drawing of the spirit along with Godly sorrow aka Conviction. everybody sees parts of salvation in a different way. but some add to it making it something we do

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
inheritance.

And this is a remarkable passage with regard to the efficacy of preaching; for he testifies, that by it faith is produced.

J.

Jesus didn't have to go to the Cross, even tho it was His Father's will.
Jesus said..>"not my will but Your's Father, i will do".
This means that He could have said "no".

Also, when Paul was given the vision, he had a few days to think about it.
"count the cost'.
He could have said...>"no".

In Church today (Sunday) a minister is giving an "alter call".
There are 50 unbelievers in the room.
4 go to the alter and kneel, calling on the Name of Jesus for Salvation.
46 knew it was true, felt that "heart call" that "drawing" and just stood there, instead.

= Free will.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya know honestly when it comes to salvation the farther we stay away from what man interrupts ( which can create confusion ) lets stick with scriptures

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And indeed the voice of man can by no means penetrate into the soul; and mortal man would be too much exalted, were he said to have the power to regenerate us; the light also of faith is something sublimer than what can be conveyed by man:-- but all these things are no hindrances, that God should not work effectually through the voice of man, so as to create faith in us through his ministry.

J.

Jesus is the WORD.
The bibie is the word
The preaching of the Cross is the word of the Gospel.

God said that preaching is foolishness, yet by this Preaching of the Cross, He Saves the BELIEVER.

Why do it that way?
Its so that God is shown to be the Savior, offering salvation as a Gift, so that by this....... no person can boast that they did it.

But yet, on this forum, and in this world = filled with people who would tell you that they are staying saved by their works, commandment keeping, water baptism, etc.

The Cross denies all that, but that does not keep them from believing in themselves, and preaching their Gospel of "self saving".

If you meet someone who believes they can "lose their salvation" then you have met someone who may not be born again, or is born again, who is + "fallen from Grace".
They have left the Grace of God, and now their FAITH is in....>"i have to do something to stay saved".

The Cross denies that faith, as that faith is broken.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you believe any of his points,Brother?
To be honest-Yes, I have found more doctrinal truths from the Reformers than what is dished up here-watered down "soup" if you will pardon the pun.
--and some gross distortions on the Scriptures-narrow is the Dereck, and there are "ditches" on both sides.
But this is where I would go to help me in my growth in Christ-armed with the Scriptures, having on the full panoplia of YHVH, and to stand, having done all, to stand.
After all, my eternal salvation and destination is at stake here, and I am very selective in what I am reading, others posts, and to whom I will respond.
Shalom
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
ya know honestly when it comes to salvation the farther we stay away from what man interrupts ( which can create confusion ) lets stick with scriptures
Absolutely, and yet many don't even use and work with the Scriptures-not rightly "cutting straight" the word of aleithia/truth.
Confusion is rampant-can you give me a definition of salvation?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus didn't have to go to the Cross
This is where I disagree with you, it was all part of God’s divine plan, for mankind....Jesus is the only way to be reunited back to our Father God..

Not arguing over it though..just MHO and belief.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is where I disagree with you, it was all part of God’s divine plan, for mankind....Jesus is the only way to be reunited back to our Father God..

Not arguing over it though..just MHO and belief.

Jesus Himself said......."not my WILL, but yours Father......I will do".

Jesus could have not gone to the Cross.
His Father didnt force Him to do it.

Look at this verse..

"Jesus LEARNED Obedience, by the things He SUFFERED".

See that?

We dont think that Jesus would have to learn anything or have to do what was against His humanity.
But He did.

Notice,

IN the Garden, during His beginning Passion, He was popping Blood vessels in His face, from the STRESS of the Choice to go to the Suffering.
Thats a MAN, a HUMAN, facing SLAUGHTER, TORTURE. = The Cross.
He knew what was coming.....and blood was dripping off of his Face from rupturing blood vessels.
He said that the Devil was coming but would find "nothing in me"..........meaning, He can't temp me, He can't stop me..... I am pure and i am decided to do my Father's will.

So, all of That is stress that we can't even imagine.

This "going to the Cross", this knowing it was about to happen, was so incredibly agonizing on his flesh...... that God sent Jesus a helper, to comfort Jesus as He was ALONE.

He CHOSE to die for you and me.. He said...."I LAY MY LIFE DOWN".......but He didnt have to do it....>He Chose to do it, as that is The Love of Christ for us all.

Here is one of my Favorite Paintings..

God sent this to Jesus, to comfort Him.

-
an-angel-comforting-jesus-before-his-arrest-in-the-garden-of-gethsemane-carl-bloch.jpeg

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GOT....explains it better for me to understand...they are also born again as far as I’ve read.

Why did Jesus have to die? GQkidz Why Jesus die
audio

ANSWER

When we ask a question such as “Why did Jesus have to die?”, we must be careful that we are not calling God into question. To wonder why God couldn’t find “another way” to do something is to imply that the way He has chosen is not the best course of action and that some other method would be better. Usually what we perceive as a “better” method is one that seems right to us. Before we can come to grips with anything God does, we have to first acknowledge that His ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts—they are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8). In addition, Deuteronomy 32:4 reminds us that “He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.” Therefore, the plan of salvation He has designed is perfect, just, and upright, and no one could have come up with anything better.

The Scripture says, “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Evidence affirms that the sinless Jesus bled and died on a cross. Most importantly, the Bible explains why Jesus’ death and resurrection provide the only entrance to heaven.

Why did Jesus have to die? — The punishment for sin is death.

God created earth and man perfect. But when Adam and Eve disobeyed God’s commands, He had to punish them. A judge who pardons law-breakers isn’t a righteous judge. Likewise, overlooking sin would make the holy God unjust. Death is God’s just consequence for sin. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Even good works cannot make up for wrongs against the holy God. Compared to His goodness, “All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6b). Ever since Adam’s sin, every human has been guilty of disobeying God’s righteous laws. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Sin is not just big things like murder or blasphemy, but also includes love of money, hatred of enemies, and deceit of tongue and pride. Because of sin, everyone has deserved death – eternal separation from God in hell.

Why did Jesus have to die? — The promise required an innocent death.

Although God banished Adam and Eve from the garden, He didn’t leave them without hope of reconciliation. He promised He would send a Savior to defeat the serpent (Genesis 3:15). Until then, men would sacrifice innocent lambs, showing their repentance from sin and faith in the future Sacrifice from God who would bear their penalty. God reaffirmed His promise of the Sacrifice with men such as Abraham and Moses. Herein lies the beauty of God’s perfect plan: God Himself provided the only sacrifice (Jesus) who could atone for the sins of His people. God’s perfect Son fulfilled God’s perfect requirement of God’s perfect law. It is perfectly brilliant in its simplicity. “God made Him (Christ), who knew no sin, to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Why did Jesus have to die? — The prophets foretold Jesus’ death.

From Adam to Jesus, God sent prophets to mankind, warning them of sin’s punishment and foretelling the coming Messiah. One prophet, Isaiah, described Him:

“Who has believed what they heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors” (Isaiah 53:1-12). He likened the coming Sacrifice to a lamb, slaughtered for the sins of others.

Hundreds of years later, Isaiah’s prophecy was fulfilled in the perfect Lord Jesus, born of the virgin Mary. When the prophet John the Baptist saw Him, he cried, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29). Crowds gathered around Him for healing and teaching, but the religious leaders scorned Him. Mobs cried out, “Crucify Him!” Soldiers beat, mocked, and crucified Him. As Isaiah foretold, Jesus was crucified in between two criminals but was buried in a rich man’s tomb. But He didn’t remain in the grave. Because God accepted His Lamb’s sacrifice, He fulfilled another prophecy by raising Jesus from the dead (Psalm 16:10; Isaiah 26:19)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

An unbeliever is "under the law" : shows you that you are a sinner, with no Righteousness.
You need Christ, so that God can give you His Righteousness.

"Under Grace" : provides you with God's Righteousness as..>"The Gift of Righteousness", as proven by being born again.

Now...Here is the paradox. = is the eternal spirituality regarding being born again "in Christ", yet being a human on earth.

Your question is....."if im sinning and confessing, then how can i be RIGHTEOUS".?

So, thats very interesting, isn't it?
And if you look at it using the "natural mind" that does not receive or understand the things of God.... because they are "Spiritually Discerned", then how can you ever find peace when you think ...> "how can i be righteous, when i sin and confess"....... "How can i be righteous, when i have thoughts that would make a Pope blush".......

Now, im not going to teach it here, because i have written many Threads about this already, but.....>"where there is no Law, there is no Sin.....no transgression".
The Born again have been delivered from the Law., "the CURSE of the Law"... and exist "under Grace".

Now...

How to get out of that mind that can't understand how you can not always be perfect, but yet in God's eyes, you are always perfectly righteous....
How to get out of that wrong thinking, and into the RIGHT MIND?
The right mind is to always understand how God sees you which is the renewed mind, vs how you see you, which is the carnal mind....the mind of the flesh.
And until a born again person gets out of that carnal (natural) mind, they can't get into the right mind, and they can't believe right.
And until you believe right, your faith is wrong., yet, you can be born again, heaven bound.

So, you have to start here. Hebrews 13:9
You have to establish yourself, your thinking, your believing = in God's Grace.
You have to come to SEE yourself as always in God's Grace.. Always Redeemed. Always made sinless. Always made righteous. Always at peace with God..... And why?.... Because that mind is the same Mind that God has when He looks at His Born again.
That is how God sees YOU, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.
So, if you dont't have that mind, you have the wrong mind, and your faith is wrong.

Listen Saint.
God does not see what you do, as you see yourself.. He only sees what Christ has accomplished for you on The Cross, that has MADE YOU RIGHTEOUS, if you are born again.
The born again ARE BECOME>....>"THE Righteousness of God, in Christ", because we have been given "The GIFT of Righteousness".
So, you have to bring your mind and your faith, into this Right understanding of who you are "in Christ"....., and once you do, and you have this revelation, you are finally discerning where God established you to be by the Blood of Jesus,
This is REAL FAITH and its the renewed mind.

Look at this NT verse.

"As Jesus IS....so are the Born again, in this World".

= Thats a fact.
And it does not change because you have a mood swing, or a tantrum, or some issue with your behavior.
If you are born again, then you exist "in Christ"....>"one with God", and not of yourself, but ONLY because of the Cross of Christ.

Listen,
your emotions and your deeds do not effect your standing "IN CHRIST",
Not ever.
You can't stop being born again.
Its done.
Rejoice !

If you are born again.....You are a NEW CREATION "in Christ". And that is always and only how you are to SEE YOURSELF, as that is always How GOD sees you, at all times, and forever.
Let THAT MIND rule your faith and God's Grace will begin to empower your Holy Living in a sustained way.
Hypergrace says: "My sinful heart, salvation doesn't change, just God's opinion of my sin that remains".

But, I read lots of verses which teach "a new heart" and "a new creature" and "old things are passed away" and "go and sin no more" and "whoso confesseth and forsaketh (sins) shall have mercy"...really, too many to count. I also find explicitly written that "he that doeth righteousness = righteous" (1 John 3:7 KJV). There's only one way to harmonize the whole of Biblical testimony:

"Works are not the means by which we obtain salvation, but are the resulting outward evidence
of the inward faith by which we have obtained it."

This is unwelcome to many "Christians" because it begs the question: what does the absence of the evidence of having obtained salvation say about the faith - or the lack thereof - of those who claim to have obtained it?

Reactions: Keturah

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hypergrace says: "My sinful heart, salvation doesn't change, just God's opinion of my sin that remains".

But, I read lots of verses which teach "a new heart" and "a new creature" and "old things are passed away" and "go and sin no more" and "whoso confesseth and forsaketh (sins) shall have mercy"...really, too many to count. I also find explicitly written that "he that doeth righteousness = righteous" (1 John 3:7 KJV). There's only one way to harmonize the whole of Biblical testimony:

"Works are not the means by which we obtain salvation, but are the resulting outward evidence
of the inward faith by which we have obtained it."

This is unwelcome to many "Christians" because it begs the question: what does the absence of the evidence of having obtained salvation say about the faith - or the lack thereof - of those who claim to have obtained it?
Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The outward manifestation in the practicality of the Scriptures as a result of an inward work wrought in the believer by the Father, Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Even this portion is left alone-probably "uninspired?"

The preachers never speak against sin

If you are in a church like this, you will notice that the word sin is usually only mentioned in the context of forgiveness of sins in Christ but hardly ever in the context of taking a stand against sin, except of course when they condemn the sin of “legalists” and “Pharisees” who are the ministers they denigrate for preaching against sin.

Mention a problem of "sin" and you are told you are "sin-conscious"

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoneman777

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“God made Him (Christ), who knew no sin, to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Yes.
= Final answer.

God had to provide you with the way to become acceptable to God

God is Holy.
So, God had to provide you with His righteousness.

= Jesus on the Cross as your forgiveness.

Jesus took your sin, and you became sinless, and then God provided you with Spiritual Union with Himself

= Born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Reader,

You can't become a "new Creation in Christ" , Born again, without becoming "the righteousness of God in Christ".

Salvation is to become joined to God's Spirit, by Spiritual Birth......not by water baptism.

Your mind however, is going to try to bring you back to the "old man".
And if it does, you'll doubt your salvation, and you wont understand ..."God hath made Jesus to be sin for us"...... which will lead you to trying to confess sin, so that you can keep yourself saved.

Once you are doing that, then your faith in Christ is broken, because you are "fallen from Grace".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And if it does, you'll doubt salvation
This is interesting...I have never ever doubted being birthed in the Spirit....Yet!!.....I have doubted God’s word, even though he delivered it to my heart on something I am going to receive from him, that was 30 yrs ago....at the beginning when he revealed this to me, my mind was in turmoil, it was such a battle of the mind...but,God has the victory because, my faith has brought me through to this place I am now at, my head has now lined up with my heart on what I am about to receive and I have no doubt whatsoever that I will receive it...how about that for a turn around....God gets all the Glory......my faith just keeps getting stronger and stronger..Praise God!

Status
Not open for further replies.