Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Exactly. If one is unwilling to see the other side, then they're only seeing what they want to see.
Indubitably! And by extension, would that not also make one an unjust judge, for they / we / I are making decisions and judgments without hearing the whole of a matter.

Hmm, I may have to engage in some flagellation for not staying on toe-pic.
Mea culpa.

Reactions: Job
B

Butterfly

Welcome to the Site Butterfly.
I tell you right now...you Do need thick skin to be on this Site. :)
You will soon learn who you can disagree with in a discussion and enjoy the experience...and who if you disagree with you will get vomited upon.
As 1 John says.."discern the spirits..".
Some are here to have a good ,( sometime hot) discussion..while others are here to just prove themselves right. Like most Christian forums. :)
I think it is a very good Site with some very good hearted people.

As for the issue at hand here.
Your quote:-
"I find that groups, like ' black lives matter ' really want a platform - like the feminist groups- they voice an opinion about everything , but in reality they are not fighting true equality- they are out to be heard and cause a reaction - they want to be seen and heard, 'claim to fame' kind of thing. Power !"

I agree...and so often we as believers forget to look beyond the 'noisy issues' that we see and hear.. I believe that EVERY faction that is voicing itself right now..and even in decades past...is for the one purpose of divide and conquer. So, the issue we think we see, and the noisy issue 'at the font'..are all just pawns in the game.
Lets not forget the the real issue is kingdoms.
We know that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in the high places.. ..
To me THAT is where our focus should be...pulling down the strongholds in the powerful name of Jesus...
The so called "issues" we are shown in the media are never The Issue...they are only the spots and the high fever,( symptoms the sidetrack ) but they are not the root of the disease itself.
There is a much bigger issue going on in the heavenlies...thankfully, we do know the end of the story. :)
That is my two cents of a ramble...
Bless you....H

yes, it's always good to look at the ' real ' battle.
thanks for the heads up - I will try and avoid the vomit !!

Reactions: Helen and Job
B

Butterfly

I totally agree- but I am not totally convinced that it is something we have as a natural ability. I had to learn to look at more than one prospective when my marriage broke down ten years ago, I also had to learn to self examine myself and question so many things, and find a way through a lot of mess. It started me on a journey that led me to look at many things about what I thought I believed and why.
So many false foundations laid down by religion, mans views ect. Only in the two years have I been able to see the manipulation within media ect ( yep completely gullible before then )
I use to ask God to open my eyes, but then I suddenly realised I had never asked him to open my ears -
Right before everyone in the earlier debate gets irate with the English girl causing an off topic discussion - yes I hear those ' flag alerts ' !!!!
You will be pleased to know I am off to work - so I will shut up now -

Now what were you all saying about the NFL and boycottes ........................

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I totally agree- but I am not totally convinced that it is something we have as a natural ability. I had to learn to look at more than one prospective when my marriage broke down ten years ago, I also had to learn to self examine myself and question so many things, and find a way through a lot of mess. It started me on a journey that led me to look at many things about what I thought I believed and why.
So many false foundations laid down by religion, mans views ect. Only in the two years have I been able to see the manipulation within media ect ( yep completely gullible before then )
I use to ask God to open my eyes, but then I suddenly realised I had never asked him to open my ears -
Right before everyone in the earlier debate gets irate with the English girl causing an off topic discussion - yes I hear those ' flag alerts ' !!!!
You will be pleased to know I am off to work - so I will shut up now -

Now what were you all saying about the NFL and boycottes ........................

I agree, I think it requires some training of oneself to learn to even be willing to look into and consider other POV's. However, there are some POV's that should not be entertained. Wisdom is to know the difference.

The best worst day of my life, was when all my "beliefs" came crashing down around me. I took a year away, and slowly started to rebuild. May YHVH continue to bless you!

Besides, I am beginning to think we are on toe-pic. We are boycotting the NFL (discussion). <chuckle>

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly
B

Butterfly

Rut roh! I think we broke the thread!

<points finger> She did it!!!
Lol it kind of looks that way doesn't it- okay let's start it up again with another aspect of what's going on..... I am curious
I read in the media, which obviously means it may not be true, that Trump may force the NFL players to stand. Would this border on making it a dictatorship. I am not sure how you would Inforce it, but what are the views of those taking part in this thread on the whole attitude of ' having to show alligience '
Please bear in mind I have never HAD to show alligience to the national anthem in the uk ,not in school or in public. It's never been something that has been introduced. If the national anthem is played at an event, some sit, some stand, some sit and song along, some stay quiet. If a football player did not join in at an international match, it would be frowned upon by the press and media though !
If a person has been so use to doing this all his life does it become a foundation based on what you have to do, rather than a genuine act ( only using that angle for debate )
How many people standing up for the national anthem are in their hearts showing real alligience .
Can I also ask, are all the players who are kneeling Black, have any White players done it ?
Hope it's okay to ask these questions, but I was thinking about it yesterday X
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Lol it kind of looks that way doesn't it- okay let's start it up again with another aspect of what's going on..... I am curious
I read in the media, which obviously means it may not be true, that Trump may force the NFL players to stand. Would this border on making it a dictatorship. I am not sure how you would Inforce it, but what are the views of those taking part in this thread on the whole attitude of ' having to show alligience '
Please bear in mind I have never HAD to show alligience to the national anthem in the uk ,not in school or in public. It's never been something that has been introduced. If the national anthem is played at an event, some sit, some stand, some sit and song along, some stay quiet. If a football player did not join in at an international match, it would be frowned upon by the press and media though !
If a person has been so use to doing this all his life does it become a foundation based on what you have to do, rather than a genuine act ( only using that angle for debate )
How many people standing up for the national anthem are in their hearts showing real alligience .
Can I also ask, are all the players who are kneeling Black, have any White players done it ?
Butterfly
good questions :)

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Butterfly

Someone else will have to answer your questions. I don't care enough about it to have paid it much attention.

B

Butterfly

Someone else will have to answer your questions. I don't care enough about it to have paid it much attention.
Lol- don't hold back on the honesty will you , I don't think anyone else cares enough about it either, so I will just ponder the situation over on my own...........

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pledging allegiance is not madatory in the US. Not sure why it is even being considered to be madatory for players in the NFL - oh yeah, it makes good theater for a President who is being investigated for colluding with the Russian government during his election.....never mind

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Lol- don't hold back on the honesty will you , I don't think anyone else cares enough about it either, so I will just ponder the situation over on my own...........

I wasn't referring to your reply LOL. I was referring to the whole take a knee / boycott issues.

B

Butterfly

I wasn't referring to your reply LOL. I was referring to the whole take a knee / boycott issues.
Lol - you mean I interpreted your words in a wrong way, common problem with us humans, or perhaps more common with Christians !

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Lol - you mean I interpreted your words in a wrong way, common problem with us humans, or perhaps more common with Christians !

Mea culpa. I was trying to read too much and make too many replies as I am way behind on the replies I owe. I did not express myself very well.

B

Butterfly

Pledging allegiance is not madatory in the US. Not sure why it is even being considered to be madatory for players in the NFL - oh yeah, it makes good theater for a President who is being investigated for colluding with the Russian government during his election.....never mind

It's the done thing with our anthem and sports events - if we are playing other countries in football ( unwritten law I guess )
I presumed it was mandatory because of the way it was hitting the news, don't you have to show alligience in schools ect ( I am sure I have seen children standing together in classrooms before the class starts in films ect - or is that something else ? )
In fact I have seen it quite a lot, where you place your hand over your heart - or is that a pledge of some kind.