Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 1182 Actually, it is the reason why white seperatists try to reframe a protest against police brutality into disrespecting the flag - and the more they repeat that phrase the more the general public view it to be true. FOXNEWS and Karl Rove have made reframe issues into an art form.

No, it is black racism that has framed the protest into disrespecting the flag, country, and anthem.

And, as I said before, blacks want to blame their disrespect of the flag on the whites. Whitey just holden me down. Sure.

Stranger

Reactions: Job
B

Butterfly

In the U.S. we live in a very divided world. Racially, culturally, religiously, and politically. Yet we are told that is a great strength. Diversity. But, it is a lie.

And this is why this racially motivated disrespect to the flag by the NFL players moves so easily into the political divisions also.

Stranger
I do not believe that diversity itself is a strength, but perhaps the ability to live with people who are different is a strength if you can come alongside and live without it rubbing you the wrong way. May be the issue is more to do with tolerance ( and by this I do not mean that every one has to agree with other lifestyles or cultures )
In the case of the NFL , well if they had found a way to protest without risking being disrespectful, more people would perhaps support what they were doing and why, now the meaning for the protest has kind of got lost !
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen and Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And, as I said before, blacks want to blame their disrespect of the flag on the whites. Whitey just holden me down. Sure.
i saw recently that a black household functions on as little as 20% of what a typical white household brings in; so get back to me when you have lived on 20% of your current income for...about 3 years.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do not believe that diversity itself is a strength, but perhaps the ability to live with people who are different is a strength if you can come alongside and live without it rubbing you the wrong way. May be the issue is more to do with tolerance ( and by this I do not mean that every one has to agree with other lifestyles or cultures )
In the case of the NFL , well if they had found a way to protest without risking being disrespectful, more people would perhaps support what they were doing and why, now the meaning for the protest has kind of got lost !
Butterfly
hmm, i don't get how you don't think diversity is a strength, but at the same time i don't think it is a good idea to marry cultures either. So i "liked" everything but that first one :D

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Butterfly

You are part right. Diversity is not a strength, but it is also a weakness. It destroys the unity of the people.

You say I should learn to live with people who are different. But, which one is in control? My people, or theirs? Make no mistake, one will be in control. Are you suggesting I should be tolerant and let another race have control to prove my spirituality? The other race would love for me to be that spiritual.

The black racists cannot help but be disrespectful to the flag, country, or anthem. They don't care for it anyway. They want their African nationality placed over America.

Their meaning is clear. Black racists. They destroy their cities, their families, and now the NFL. Just 'ax' them.

Stranger

Reactions: Job
B

Butterfly

hmm, i don't get how you don't think diversity is a strength, but at the same time i don't think it is a good idea to marry cultures either. So i "liked" everything but that first one :D
I guess I was thinking more of what can happen within the environment of diversity, and seeing that it's the attitudes the people have towards one another that determines the results , whether positive or negative.

B

Butterfly

You are part right. Diversity is not a strength, but it is also a weakness. It destroys the unity of the people.

You say I should learn to live with people who are different. But, which one is in control? My people, or theirs? Make no mistake, one will be in control. Are you suggesting I should be tolerant and let another race have control to prove my spirituality? The other race would love for me to be that spiritual.

The black racists cannot help but be disrespectful to the flag, country, or anthem. They don't care for it anyway. They want their African nationality placed over America.

Their meaning is clear. Black racists. They destroy their cities, their families, and now the NFL. Just 'ax' them.

Stranger
Did I mention you personally in my post, I was making a general observation about diversity being stated as being a strength, and I stand by the fact that mixed with tolerance it can become a positive. Did I say that this could be achieved in every encounter with diversity. What planet do you think I am living on for goodness sake !!
I can see I hit a very raw nerve, your response and words are very revealing !!!!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I mention you personally in my post, I was making a general observation about diversity being stated as being a strength, and I stand by the fact that mixed with tolerance it can become a positive. Did I say that this could be achieved in every encounter with diversity. What planet do you think I am living on for goodness sake !!
I can see I hit a very raw nerve, your response and words are very revealing !!!!

Well, whether I use 'I' for personal or 'everyone' as in general, I would have wrote the same thing.

Yes one side will have to be tolerant, while the other side rules. The ancient rulers knew what diversity does to a people. That is why when they conquered a people they carried some off to other countries to disperse them among the population and brought others in to the immediately conquered area. They created diversity because it destroyed the unity or nationalism of the people. Just as it does today.

Of course, it is a volatile subject. Only because 'diversity' is being forced upon us as 'right' and 'good'. When it is not.

The only place where diversity can exist and work is in the Church. Because all are united by the Holy Spirit. But the Church should not expect the world to exist in like manner because they do not have the Holy Spirit. The only thing that the spirit of Satan can unify his world in, is hatred and persecution of the Christians.

Stranger

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess I was thinking more of what can happen within the environment of diversity, and seeing that it's the attitudes the people have towards one another that determines the results , whether positive or negative.
hmm, which is a good argument for why we are called to change our minds, perhaps. But imo the diff in "diversity" within a culture v mixing in a completely different culture should be examined here. The PTB will try to define diversity as "Christians should live next to Muslims and Jews in perfect harmony" or whatever, and i don't believe that is supported.
Only because 'diversity' is being forced upon us as 'right' and 'good'. When it is not.
ya, that is not diversity, that is mixing cultures
Yes one side will have to be tolerant, while the other side rules.
and this is "Hegelian dialectic," or "the world," what we should have no part of imo

B

Butterfly

Diversity is quite interesting to think about - on the one hand I can see how , in some cases, it would be a matter of one person being tolerant while another took control. I wonder if it would depend on how much diversity existed between the two!
I came to faith three years into my marriage, my husband never came to faith, as I grew as a Christian our differences increased, but I found as I grew my ability to adapt and deal with those differences increased. However it was not plain sailing. Our marriage ended after 27years due to unfaithfulness, but the sense of freedom I felt when I no longer had those differences to deal was liberating.
I am not totally convinced about Church being the right environment for diversity to work, in theory it should be, but in practice - you put a Methodist, baptist, Catholic and evangelical in a house together for a long period of time and i think they would proberbly react in much the same way as anyone else with differences.
Going back to NFL- I realise that I am limited in knowing and understanding the bigger picture culturally or emotionally - I think when you have both those connections it hits harder.
Butterfly

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Diversity is quite interesting to think about - on the one hand I can see how , in some cases, it would be a matter of one person being tolerant while another took control. I wonder if it would depend on how much diversity existed between the two!
I came to faith three years into my marriage, my husband never came to faith, as I grew as a Christian our differences increased, but I found as I grew my ability to adapt and deal with those differences increased. However it was not plain sailing. Our marriage ended after 27years due to unfaithfulness, but the sense of freedom I felt when I no longer had those differences to deal was liberating.
I am not totally convinced about Church being the right environment for diversity to work, in theory it should be, but in practice - you put a Methodist, baptist, Catholic and evangelical in a house together for a long period of time and i think they would proberbly react in much the same way as anyone else with differences.
Going back to NFL- I realise that I am limited in knowing and understanding the bigger picture culturally or emotionally - I think when you have both those connections it hits harder.
Butterfly

I would say your marriage was not a picture of Christian diversity. For diversity to work both parties have to be Christian. They have to have the Holy Spirit. And the comparison of diversity with doctrinal differences is not correct either. By diversity we are speaking of race and culture.

To place it in English terms, think of it like this. England has a large population of muslims. And England has granted them the right to exercise their Shariah law. And the muslims will want more. They will want to place all of England under Shariah law. So you as a Christian, should be willing to be tolerant and allow them to do this. They will love you for it. They will praise your willingness to embrace 'diversity'. And at the same time make you a subject of their Shariah law. Love them as your neighbor and tolerate them, and then obey them. And place your children and grand children under their rule. You can't get more spiritual than that.

One people is going to rule. If you're willing to let others rule over you, then so be it. There is nothing anyone can do.

Stanger

B

Butterfly

I would say your marriage was not a picture of Christian diversity. For diversity to work both parties have to be Christian. They have to have the Holy Spirit. And the comparison of diversity with doctrinal differences is not correct either. By diversity we are speaking of race and culture.

To place it in English terms, think of it like this. England has a large population of muslims. And England has granted them the right to exercise their Shariah law. And the muslims will want more. They will want to place all of England under Shariah law. So you as a Christian, should be willing to be tolerant and allow them to do this. They will love you for it. They will praise your willingness to embrace 'diversity'. And at the same time make you a subject of their Shariah law. Love them as your neighbor and tolerate them, and then obey them. And place your children and grand children under their rule. You can't get more spiritual than that.

One people is going to rule. If you're willing to let others rule over you, then so be it. There is nothing anyone can do.

Stanger
Oh, I wasn't using my marriage as a picture of Christian diversity, more a picture of limited diversity.
The comment about the different denominations was to reflect that even people with the Holy Spirit have trouble getting along with one another. We are all human.
Yes, I get what you have said about sharia law- although England as a whole has not allowed for it to be instituted- but it starts in very small ways. I definately think the Muslim diversity is a difficult one- because , as Christians, we know it is about control and power.
This is why it has been interesting to think about, as it shows it is not simple and there are so many grey areas. Even thinking about tolerance has been interesting, and the point you raised has made me realise that it is so easy to say ' be tolerant' ect ect, but quite another to put it into practice in certain situations.
Yet with other groups we can live side by side - I might add that Brighton is the gay capital of the U.K. - it's a very diverse city with regards to who lives and works here. In my work place alone it is amazing
how many different cultures come alongside one another - I guess it's taught me a lot. ( still learning ) I was self employed before, living in a small village where you simply co existed with like minded people, so it wasn't challenged much.
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is not a culture. It's an abomination. It's diverse all right. A diversity condemned by God.

Oh yes, diversity teaches you alot. It has it's purpose. It is just not a good one. Read #471 again.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOPD Officer Marcus McNeil killed in the line of duty. New Orleans Saints take a knee.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

Homosexuality is not a culture. It's an abomination. It's diverse all right. A diversity condemned by God.

Oh yes, diversity teaches you alot. It has it's purpose. It is just not a good one. Read #471 again.

Stranger
I am okay thanks, I did not actually say homosexuality was a culture - but I am not going to try and explain. X

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so then on the one hand you vote for and consume atrazine and unfermented soy, poisons known to change gender in frogs and cause hormone disruption in people, and on the other you condemn those who have succumbed to the poisons. ok.