Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the done thing with our anthem and sports events - if we are playing other countries in football ( unwritten law I guess )
I presumed it was mandatory because of the way it was hitting the news, don't you have to show alligience in schools ect ( I am sure I have seen children standing together in classrooms before the class starts in films ect - or is that something else ? )
In fact I have seen it quite a lot, where you place your hand over your heart - or is that a pledge of some kind.

They make it seem mandatory in schools, because if you don't the teachers may give you that look, or a piece of their mind about it, when I was in school at least. But no, if there ain't no law saying they have to, or even policy as part of the school or the NFL, then no one has the right to tell me I can't kneel, or do the Roman salute, or lay on my belly for that matter. The fact that this discussion still persists speaks volumes about how easy it is to keep people distracted over non-sense.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They make it seem mandatory in schools, because if you don't the teachers may give you that look, or a piece of their mind about it, when I was in school at least. But no, if there ain't no law saying they have to, or even policy as part of the school or the NFL, then no one has the right to tell me I can't kneel, or do the Roman salute, or lay on my belly for that matter. The fact that this discussion still persists speaks volumes about how easy it is to keep people distracted over non-sense.

The owners, who sign their pay checks, have every right to tell the team they are not to disrespect the flag, country, or anthem.

Stranger

Reactions: Job

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mea culpa. I was trying to read too much and make too many replies as I am way behind on the replies I owe. I did not express myself very well.
From what I've seen you've done a pretty good job. I grant that it is with the Lord's help, but even if Trump may mandate something to those NFL players, God is not like that. He wants us to come to Him but He does not twist arms.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The owners, who sign their pay checks, have every right to tell the team they are not to disrespect the flag, country, or anthem.

Stranger
taking a knee is not disrespect, and this has already been established in the courts, so the owners are actually breaking the law, we call this discrimination now, and the owners are going to be commiserating with the bakers here pretty soon lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It will all pretty much die a death when the media gets bored with it and something new comes up that they can spin for "news". I am sure George Sorus is already working on his next plans of unrest, violence or upsets.

B

Butterfly

taking a knee is not disrespect, and this has already been established in the courts, so the owners are actually breaking the law, we call this discrimination now, and the owners are going to be commiserating with the bakers here pretty soon lol
I think I kind of sit somewhere in the middle with this- the word discrimination seems to come into everything now, drives me nuts sometimes. Just because a court of law decides it is one thing and not another, well I am not so sure it proves it.
I do see how some see it as disrespect
We live in a very ' reactionary ' world right now ....

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We live in a very ' reactionary ' world right now ...
ya...unfortunately, like the baker thing, it doesn't matter if i agree or not, what matters is we have laws against this now, and Kaepernick is either protected by the law, or you are not, either. If you perceive it from the frame of "you must pledge allegiance to the flag in order to pursue your occupation, or you will be blackballed," the point becomes a lot clearer imo.

Reactions: Butterfly and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the courts make the final decision... or is it the people who react one way or the other who do? Granted most people keep their hands clear of things technically illegal [unless it is profitable to do it and they believe they can do it without being punished]. If discrimination exists [and I believe that it does] changing the law will not change their hearts or minds.

Reactions: Job

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, pretty sure the whole point here is to find some irrelevant yack to make an issue of, and divide us over anyway
How far have we come from what we were taught was the purpose the three branches of government for the United States: Executive, Legislative, Judicial? I say from what we were taught, because I am really not certain that it ever worked as well as the ideal was apparently supposed to work.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How far have we come from what we were taught was the purpose the three branches of government for the United States: Executive, Legislative, Judicial? I say from what we were taught, because I am really not certain that it ever worked as well as the ideal was apparently supposed to work.
ha, guess it depends upon whom you are asking, .01% seem to really love it, while i guess 51% of US wage earners now make less than $30k a year.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, guess it depends upon whom you are asking, .01% seem to really love it, while i guess 51% of US wage earners now make less than $30k a year.
I hear you my friend. A person's opinion is greatly impacted by many things, not least of which is how well he is able to afford just the essentials.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I kind of sit somewhere in the middle with this- the word discrimination seems to come into everything now, drives me nuts sometimes. Just because a court of law decides it is one thing and not another, well I am not so sure it proves it.
We live in a very ' reactionary ' world right now ....

In the U.S. we live in a very divided world. Racially, culturally, religiously, and politically. Yet we are told that is a great strength. Diversity. But, it is a lie.

And this is why this racially motivated disrespect to the flag by the NFL players moves so easily into the political divisions also.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14386F2D-785C-4BF7-8139-0C2BF2F6B4F3.jpeg Actually, it is the reason why white seperatists try to reframe a protest against police brutality into disrespecting the flag - and the more they repeat that phrase the more the general public view it to be true. FOXNEWS and Karl Rove have made reframe issues into an art form.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it is the reason why white seperatists try to reframe a protest against police brutality into disrespecting the flag - and the more they repeat that phrase the more the general public view it to be true.

They may be protesting police brutality but their method of protest is showing disrespect to the flag and the national anthem.

It would be like mexicans protesting deportation by dressing statues of Mary to look like 2 bit hookers. Or cutting off the heads of Jesus statues and replacing it with the head of a pig to protest oil drilling in Alaska.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They may be protesting police brutality but their method of protest is showing disrespect to the flag and the national anthem.

It would be like mexicans protesting deportation by dressing statues of Mary to look like 2 bit hookers. Or cutting off the heads of Jesus statues and replacing it with the head of a pig to protest oil drilling in Alaska.

I guess you would be right if they were burning the flag, but they are not