Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am more concerned with the equality of Americans than honoring ideals represented by flag, which were created by a few and protect a few.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am more concerned with the equality of Americans than honoring ideals represented by flag, which were created by a few and protect a few.

To be honest with you, I don't ever see real equality working in this current world without the hand of God on it, meaning not until he returns to set things in order as it should be.

Reactions: aspen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Black people are tired of being pulled over for no reason and being subjected to excessive use of force and watching police officers not held accountable. I dont think the protests are unreasonable at all. Where hare you been, Scott? You haven’t noticed this?
I am starting to repeat the same comments. I have been to the bank, the store, the airport, watched TV and listen to the radio...but everyone for the most part gets along fine...with a smile, it's nice.

I would suggest that this whole problem, in addition to just being an abusive political tool, is simply due to the demographics: there is more crime in the inner cities...and that is where more blacks live. If they live there because they are poor - that is not a police problem. So, why blame the police?

But, when I go to the store, bank, movies, etc...those people of all races are not richer or poorer than me, it's a mix. Which makes the argument moot. It's not a police problem, and it's not a money problem. And I don't think that poor people actually complain more...although it did contribute to the blues :) ...So, there is only one thing left...and it is obvious - it's political for those who are capable of duping the poor masses...and they have been greatly successful - except in the real world, i.e., the movies, the store, the airport, where everyone greets you with a smile.

People are being used to fight political battles...and we know who is doing it. That's what they/we should be protesting.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest with you, I don't ever see real equality working in this current world without the hand of God on it, meaning not until he returns to set things in order as it should be.

I agree, but i believe we are called to cultivate a longing for this type of justice and implement it (imperfectly) whenever we can. God is concerned with our heart and we need to be striving for empathy and love for neighbor.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am starting to repeat the same comments. I have been to the bank, the store, the airport, watched TV and listen to the radio...but everyone for the most part gets along fine...with a smile, it's nice.

I would suggest that this whole problem, in addition to just being an abusive political tool, is simply due to the demographics: there is more crime in the inner cities...and that is where more blacks live. If they live there because they are poor - that is not a police problem. So, why blame the police?

But, when I go to the store, bank, movies, etc...those people of all races are not richer or poorer than me, it's a mix. Which makes the argument moot. It's not a police problem, and it's not a money problem. And I don't think that poor people actually complain more...although it did contribute to the blues :) ...So, there is only one thing left...and it is obvious - it's political for those who are capable of duping the poor masses...and they have been greatly successful - except in the real world, i.e., the movies, the store, the airport, where everyone greets you with a smile.

People are being used to fight political battles...and we know who is doing it. That's what they/we should be protesting.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I wonder why black people aren’t clammering for your insight?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because black people do not experience the same America as you do Scott
Perhaps I am giving them too much credit then. I see all races getting along in public, and so, if they go their way and have a bad experience, I believe they should be able to see that they are being used as political pawns. Or, hey, I live in a bad neighborhood, so bad things happen and they happen to the people who live here like me - not because of me or the police, but because it's a bad neighborhood. But those same people are back at work the next day smiling...because they actually do know the truth. And it is only the political vermin and their victims who don't see it.

What burns me, is the irony of those who are living proof that it is not racism (being loved and paid and worshiped equally) are now blind to their own reality...and even helping to fuel the fire and being used to fight some losers hate battle for them. I'd be pissed. But they should figure out who is really the problem before striking back.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is selfish in their measure and if it works many of them without regard to race will do what they can to get more than their share of what most people, in their flesh, want.

The real exceptions to that selfish mode of doing things are those who really do love God, for if they do they will also love their neighbor without regard to how the person appears on the surface. This is really the golden rule which is really based on scripture.

So then we might say that all Christians should be "good" guys. It doesn't work that way because many people will grab hold of a label, even or especially the label of Christian, if it will help them obtain what they want for their own selfish reasons.

Jesus was perfectly humble and the apostle Paul describes that kind of humility here:

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

But, how many Christians are even really working to get there with Jesus in treating other people better than they do themselves?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you have it all figured out. I wonder why black people aren’t clammering for your insight?
Your sarcasm is not appreciated.

What I have described is not me or my opinion, but the real world looking in on a bunch of people (whether victims or sympathizers) being abused to stampede like cattle through Washington via main street. Let me be clear: The minorities are being victimized, and sympathizers are being suckered into supporting a sick and hateful political agenda.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

your an individual without a cause, looking for a cause aren't you aspen?

if this was the sixties you'd have a point not so today, the previous president proves it, by law no one is denied. as far as individual cops making mistakes so what. let the cards fall where it may. but media gets the attention of the public when there is controversy like race. they will fan that fire as much as they can. there is always animosity between the poor and police, you just hear about the cases that generate interest.

your being played, also the NFL is now a political platform and if I watch pro football or buy their stuff then I support there political agendas. sorry, been to Steeler games as far back as when they played at the university of pitt stadium, I now have no interest in supporting their agenda. disrespecting the country is no excuse because you might disagree with what a politician says. when it comes to politics they have this thing called voting that is where it belongs. thing is just how many NFL fans voted for Trump, and if I'm right the media is continuing digging themselves into a hole trying to justify their position. media always gives voice to those who express their political agenda. but those who voted for Trump aren't buying their horse dump.

you want to talk wrong doing to others, then that's what they have courts and laws for, not football games.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I am giving them too much credit then. I see all races getting along in public, and so, if they go their way and have a bad experience, I believe they should be able to see that they are being used as political pawns. Or, hey, I live in a bad neighborhood, so bad things happen and they happen to the people who live here like me - not because of me or the police, but because it's a bad neighborhood. But those same people are back at work the next day smiling...because they actually do know the truth. And it is only the political vermin and their victims who don't see it.

What burns me, is the irony of those who are living proof that it is not racism (being loved and paid and worshiped equally) are now blind to their own reality...and even helping to fuel the fire and being used to fight some losers hate battle for them. I'd be pissed. But they should figure out who is really the problem before striking back.

I do not think they care about politics - i think they care about being treated fairly by law enforcement. And if you think a polite black person in public places is reflecting the black experience in America, you are not paying attention. Class and racial issues will improve when everyone gets equal treatment. Racial and class profiling is not equal treatment. Neither is unequal pay for women, btw.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sarcasm is not appreciated.

What I have described is not me or my opinion, but the real world looking in on a bunch of people (whether victims or sympathizers) being abused to stampede like cattle through Washington via main street. Let me be clear: The minorities are being victimized, and sympathizers are being suckered into supporting a sick and hateful political agenda.

Agreed. Minorities are being used by people in power. I am tired of it.

Reactions: ScottA

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your an individual without a cause, looking for a cause aren't you aspen?

What would that cause be? Equal treatment for all? Not sure that should have to be a cause.....it should be reality in America.

if this was the sixties you'd have a point not so today, the previous president proves it, by law no one is denied. as far as individual cops making mistakes so what. let the cards fall where it may. but media gets the attention of the public when there is controversy like race. they will fan that fire as much as they can. there is always animosity between the poor and police, you just hear about the cases that generate interest.

So.....this is the way it is and we just need to deal with it? Guess that is easy to say when you are white and not living in poverty, huh?

your being played, also the NFL is now a political platform and if I watch pro football or buy their stuff then I support there political agendas.

The NFL has always been a political platform. Sports has always been used to protest injustice - segregation/war/class inequity - it is still a place where women are second class citizens.

sorry, been to Steeler games as far back as when they played at the university of pitt stadium, I now have no interest in supporting their agenda.

If you attended Steeler games you were being played for your money - which is the agenda of the owners and coorporations involved.

disrespecting the country is no excuse because you might disagree with what a politician says. when it comes to politics they have this thing called voting that is where it belongs.

The reason they are not getting fired is because the NFL is making money off of the players, which is their agenda. You apparently have missed this obvious point - oh right, you were getting played in the seventies.....

thing is just how many NFL fans voted for Trump, and if I'm right the media is continuing digging themselves into a hole trying to justify their position. media always gives voice to those who express their political agenda. but those who voted for Trump aren't buying their horse dump.

I do not own a TV. I do not support the corporate machine called the NFL. I do not care who voted for Trump. I believe in equal treatment for all Americans. Until i see it, i will continue to speak out.

you want to talk wrong doing to others, then that's what they have courts and laws for, not football games.

Hmm...interesting that you say that since the Supreme Court just dismissed all challenges to Trumps travel ban today.....

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think they care about politics - i think they care about being treated fairly by law enforcement. And if you think a polite black person in public places is reflecting the black experience in America, you are not paying attention. Class and racial issues will improve when everyone gets equal treatment. Racial and class profiling is not equal treatment. Neither is unequal pay for women, btw.
That's like saying a steakhouse doesn't care about beef. They are being used by the very political underworld they are protesting but have wrongfully identified, and apparently blind to it - they should care.

No, I am paying attention to the majority of people...of all races. We all get along just fine. It is only the smaller numbers of haters on both sides who have their hate-for-hate experience. And look at you, jumping right in there to say amen to them. Well, not me. I say amen to those who rise above the crap, who persevere, who are honest and aware of where the blame actually lies.

As for equality - we have equality, have had for some time. Certainly this is true in Christ. But it is life that is not fair. Why not just blame God? For He is the one who has allowed all tribulations. But, no, now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

As for profiling - if you choose to wear a blue shirt, are you offended? Or if I call a blue bird a blue bird, am I disrespectful? Why then should anyone be offended for God's choice of their color? There is no problem here. You are yelling "Fire!" in a theater - inciting violence. You are a part of the problem, be rather a part of the solution.

As for unequal pay (as long as you are complaining about all that is unfair in life) - pay is based in enterprise. Enterprise pays the going rate. Change your enterprise.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's like saying a steakhouse doesn't care about beef. They are being used by the very political underworld they are protesting but have wrongfully identified, and apparently blind to it - they should care.

No, I am paying attention to the majority of people...of all races. We all get along just fine. It is only the smaller numbers of haters on both sides who have their hate-for-hate experience. And look at you, jumping right in there to say amen to them. Well, not me. I say amen to those who rise above the crap, who persevere, who are honest and aware of where the blame actually lies.

As for equality - we have equality, have had for some time. Certainly this is true in Christ. But it is life that is not fair. Why not just blame God? For He is the one who has allowed all tribulations. But, no, now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

As for profiling - if you choose to wear a blue shirt, are you offended? Or if I call a blue bird a blue bird, am I disrespectful? Why then should anyone be offended for God's choice of their color? There is no problem here. You are yelling "Fire!" in a theater - inciting violence. You are a part of the problem, be rather a part of the solution.

As for unequal pay (as long as you are complaining about all that is unfair in life) - pay is based in enterprise. Enterprise pays the going rate. Change your enterprise.

Yeah, you just don’t get it.....

All i can say is, you sound like someone who enjoys their white privilege - everyone who doesnt have it as good as you is just whining....

‘Let them eat cake’

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, you just don’t get it.....

All i can say is, you sound like someone who enjoys their white privilege - everyone who doesnt have it as good as you is just whining....

‘Let them eat cake’

The problem though is what else can they do for the blacks? I reckon they are already pretty equal to everyone else, sorry if it offends you, but the big problem is people of other races don't feel safe walking around the black parts of town, because of the high crime rates, and it's up to the African-American leaders of those communities to step up & show them that stealing cars, stealing from shops, dealing drugs, pointing a gun at someone because they owe you money for something illegal isn't right, and that there are better ways to be making a living, they need to show them the difference between right and wrong.

In Australia there's a higher crime rate for Africans and Middle Eastern people in Melbourne, that seems to have quietened down a bit now though, but these were mainly the people seen robbing Jewelry stores, car jacking, and running riot. And then what we are currently seeing is people protesting against racism and wanting equality for blacks, it's not racism though, it's justice, you can't just let people keep getting away with crime, because they are a certain race, I say drop the crime amoung certain races and show them how to get a proper job, and then it will look a lot better for them and other people will feel safer around their communities.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they would lose their power to protest if they did that.

Not so. They could as NFL players have political marches down the streets or interviews on political tv shows and protest all they want, and they would still get attention. They would not lose their power to protest. They would just have to work for it.

But they would lose their money.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. They could as NFL players have political marches down the streets or interviews on political tv shows and protest all they want, and they would still get attention. They would not lose their power to protest. They would just have to work for it.

Stranger
if you don't know already, DirecTV is offering refunds for nfl ticket if anyone was offended by the nfl's actions. that in itself is encouraging that the country hasn't gone clear bonkers. if you are not familiar DirecTV has a service for sports that a customer can watch all the games could be nfl baseball hockey bla bla bla. thing is the last I checked a few years ago the nfl ticket was around $250 which is significant.

so we're not the only ones that agree that the nfl was way out of order, demanding that if you are a fan then you should agree to their politics. the thing is this country (the US) is a business, an enterprise, and in business money talks and yakity-bla walks.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Money is power
You misunderstand

who is going to listen to a football star who refuses to play?
He's no longer a star
People will then no longer care what he has to say