Break time. What do you do for fun?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pearl Seems like there has been a revival in Victoriana; I thought this documentary was interesting; seems like it has come full circle in some ways, FYI:

Reactions: Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like sudoku and I crochet. I wish I could be out gardening. Seems like all of the fun things for me are chores these days. Someday I would like to just get up and go to McDonalds in the morning for one of those nice breakfast platters and a coffee and then go to some garden center somewhere and look at all of the plants. Probably not for a long time though.

What do you do?
I study physics, watch Harry Potter and go for walks, gardening. Cheers :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm into Lord Of The Rings The Adventure Card Game on PS4. Very well-designed. It just amazes me with how well thought out the game is.

Anyway, I play through entire campaigns using a single deck at the highest level, and try complete all five missions without losing a character. If I lose a hero, I have to start over.

Excellent game. Never gets boring.

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tell me what the attraction is there A_R

What do you mean? What's wrong with that?

Did you see the finished christmas one my friend and I wrote? :)

@April_Rose

Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately and I haven't had time. Other things I like to do that I forgot to mention is Geocache, Yoga, play games, and now I really want to take karate once Covid is over. :)

Reactions: DuckieLady

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband wants to go shooting. Id eventually like to learn. There is this axe throwing place around town by the house that is for fun. Id like to try that. I tried something like karate, but it was saturday mornings. I couldnt get up on time.

My main hobbybis video games though. Id resllyblike to get my husband into it, but he works thirds. His hobby is sleeping and spending time with family when he can usually. ^_^

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Sounds like you would really enjoy the Renaissance re-enactment scene with all the intricate embroidery. :)
Oh I've liked looking at some of the pictures posted in this forum. So interesting. :D I'm really drawn to clothing from 1880s-1920s, so somewhere in the Civil War and WWI periods.

Actually, I'll post it here if anyone is interested. These are the clothes that if I had the time I would be recreating for our time period for the sake of modesty and fashion - if I was a wealthy person lol. Since I don't wear pants and only long skirts/dresses, it's difficult to find quality clothes that meet the standard without looking shabby. There are skirts in this video I would like to make. (Specifically the beige one at 45 seconds.)

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being attracted to older folk.....I'm asking what the attraction is

Home comfort and peace of mind, for me personally. Calmer times.

Even if my 4'11 gran did carry a gun on her hip and had alarms blasting everywhere. Called her Annie Oakley.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh I've liked looking at some of the pictures posted in this forum. So interesting. :D I'm really drawn to clothing from 1880s-1920s, so somewhere in the Civil War and WWI periods.

Actually, I'll post it here if anyone is interested. These are the clothes that if I had the time I would be recreating for our time period for the sake of modesty and fashion - if I was a wealthy person lol. Since I don't wear pants and only long skirts/dresses, it's difficult to find quality clothes that meet the standard without looking shabby. There are skirts in this video I would like to make. (Specifically the beige one at 45 seconds.)

Home comfort and peace of mind, for me personally. Calmer times.

Even if my 4'11 gran did carry a gun on her hip and had alarms blasting everywhere. Called her Annie Oakley.
@FluffyYellowDuck Interesting! and I love all the different accents! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My husband wants to go shooting. Id eventually like to learn. There is this axe throwing place around town by the house that is for fun. Id like to try that. I tried something like karate, but it was saturday mornings. I couldnt get up on time.

My main hobbybis video games though. Id resllyblike to get my husband into it, but he works thirds. His hobby is sleeping and spending time with family when he can usually. ^_^
@Mayflower So is your dh into karate, too?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hear the question A_R.....otherwise you spin off with a story. :)

Well what more do you want lol they were my grandparents. I loved them and they loved me. :D (Plus two of my grandparents spoiled me with chocolate chip cookies. XD)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@FluffyYellowDuck Have you heard also of the term the Renaissance Biker look? It's inspired by an old fashioned look, fluffy collars, etc., which some might find appealing:

They call it:
RENAISSANCE BIKER GOTHIC STEAMPUNK FASHION STYLE