California book ban

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an excerpt from an article at (toddstarnes.com/show/book-ban-calif...)

"Christians across the nation are expressing grave concerns over a proposed California law that would outlaw speech by ministers, licensed counselors and authors on issues ranging from homosexuality to gender identity.

"AB 2943, authored by Assemblymember Evan Low, would utilize the state's existing consumer fraud statute to classify gay conversion therapy as a fraudulent practice."

This means much of what Christians believe and preach and teach from the Bible would be illegal. I personally believe if this occurs many Christians will have to leave California as legal persecution will result. But this is just the start of something which will spread over the whole country eventually.

I believe Christians should consider buying enough Bibles now for you and your family to last you the rest of your life. I don't think it will be long that either the Bible or some things in the Bible will be taken out of society.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think anyone would say I was an End-times proponent, but even I can actually see fire & brimstone in the guise of Kim's nuclear missiles, raining down on California in a few months.

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
California is a very sick, seething, gurgling caldron of despicable depravity. America's own Sodom & Gomorrah.

I lived in California, When I was just a non believing teenager I would go to the Country Club and Caddy at the Golf Course on Saturday's. This one sat, a friend ans I decided to catch the bus to SF to see the new release, Bonnie and Clyde, while in the Theater a Man kept trying to befriend us, If you know what I mean. I have been picked up while Hitchhiking and the person tried to take me to a destination other than where I was going, had to threaten him with physical harm, so I had to walk even further than I would have.
What year did that movie come out? I left California in 1989, and I will not reenter that state to save my life. as for the Nuke's I now live within 30 mile's of the southern border, I sure hope my Wife and I won't be dealing with Radiation burn's in the near future, But it is Possible. It would be better if it were real brimstone, which is comprised of almost pure sulfur, which emits a lethal gas that bring's on a painless death, Sulfur Dioxide. You see even when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, the people died before they were burned up, even in Judgement God still has Mercy. There are many State's that have their own Sodom and Gomorrah"s. Psalms 2: 1-6 come's to mind!

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Christians across the nation are expressing grave concerns over a proposed California law that would outlaw speech by ministers, licensed counselors and authors on issues ranging from homosexuality to gender identity.

"AB 2943, authored by Assemblymember Evan Low, would utilize the state's existing consumer fraud statute to classify gay conversion therapy as a fraudulent practice."

This means much of what Christians believe and preach and teach from the Bible would be illegal. I personally believe if this occurs many Christians will have to leave California as legal persecution will result. But this is just the start of something which will spread over the whole country eventually.

I believe Christians should consider buying enough Bibles now for you and your family to last you the rest of your life. I don't think it will be long that either the Bible or some things in the Bible will be taken out of society.

Stranger

Fear mongering.

Conversion therapy is not an issue of free speech. It doesn’t work. It also has a history of being forced on kids by well meaning parents. It has been banned in many states already.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stranger

My husband and I have about 11 bibles between us!! So old and falling to bits...but we still keep them. :) ( most of them are AKJV, but not all )

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear mongering.

Conversion therapy is not an issue of free speech. It doesn’t work. It also has a history of being forced on kids by well meaning parents. It has been banned in many states already.

Stupid statements.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband and I have about 11 bibles between us!! So old and falling to bits...but we still keep them. :) ( most of them are AKJV, but not all )

I keep mine also. What else can you do with them? Can't throw them away. Can't give them away cause there are too many notes and writings and records in them.

But I would have some new ones in store, if not for you, for others you leave behind. Our world is becoming more anti-christian by the day. And it only snowballs continuously. Satan hates that Book. Western Civilization was built upon that Book. Satan's warfare is constantly directed at destroying either the Book itself or peoples correct attitudes towards it.

I drop in at half price book stores at times and go to the religious section. You can find some new or pretty new Bibles there fairly inexpensive.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I keep mine also. What else can you do with them? Can't throw them away. Can't give them away cause there are too many notes and writings and records in them.

But I would have some new ones in store, if not for you, for others you leave behind. Our world is becoming more anti-christian by the day. And it only snowballs continuously. Satan hates that Book. Western Civilization was built upon that Book. Satan's warfare is constantly directed at destroying either the Book itself or peoples correct attitudes towards it.

I drop in at half price book stores at times and go to the religious section. You can find some new or pretty new Bibles there fairly inexpensive.

Stranger

Yes, totally agree.
But about 5 years ago I gave my wide margin leather bound bible to a thrift store. And just forgot it.
One day I got a call from a town north of us.
This man said my name. I said yes.
He said, I bought your old bible in "blah blah" thrift store. Your name was written inside...and your name is the only one of it's kind in the phone book, so I guessed it is yours.
Then he said " Don't you want it back, it is full of such good notes."
I said "no, I have lots of bibles and as for the notes...they are now " in me" I don't need to read them any more. "
Then he said , I am Pastor blah blah...from blah blah Church in RedDeer,
can I have your permission to use your notes and include them in my preaching? Obviously I said- " be my guest"...he laughed and said "this bible will give me lots of good preaching for years to come." :D

I had forgotten that until I read your post!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
California is a very sick, seething, gurgling caldron of despicable depravity. America's own Sodom & Gomorrah.
I Live In California, How Dare You Tell The Truth!

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
You mean a bill that is gonna fill the "circular file" in a Republican controlled congress! :)

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Nothing like the good ole King James, my go toooo!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean a bill that is gonna fill the "circular file" in a Republican controlled congress, smiles!

This is a state bill. It is something California could pass. Will California put it in the circular file?

Also, the Republican controlled congress has not been very impressive to me. They can't get over their own petty differences.

That a bill such as this could even be thought of is a warning to Christians. In other words the thinking is out there and growing. And won't stop.

Stranger

Reactions: amadeus

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a state bill. It is something California could pass. Will California put it in the circular file?

Also, the Republican controlled congress has not been very impressive to me. They can't get over their own petty differences.

That a bill such as this could even be thought of is a warning to Christians. In other words the thinking is out there and growing. And won't stop.

Stranger
The bill will be challenged if passed, you can't restrict the 1st amendment and freedom of speech and religion.

A conservative has the right to speak out against homosexuality, and promote Jesus conversion therapy, just as the homosexual also has the right to free speech.

Ain't gonna happen, if it does nothing but massive lawsuits being brought upon State and Local law enforcement, California further in debt.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bill will be challenged if passed, you can't restrict the 1st amendment and freedom of speech and religion.

A conservative has the right to speak out against homosexuality, and promote Jesus conversion therapy, just as the homosexual also has the right to free speech.

Ain't gonna happen, if it does nothing but massive lawsuits being brought upon State ans Local law enforcement, California further in debt.

Well, I would have never thought homosexuality would have been made legal and protected by law. But it is. Why? Because the decay continues, it doesn't stop.

I agree whole heartedly with you concerning conservatives rights under the law. But the atheistic liberal left will not care for those and will slowly seek to change them or through intimidation and violence run over them.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
They have already stripped the Holy Bible, by using Alexandrian Greek Text, the 1% Minority of Manuscript evidence.

Try finding in the NIV, ESV, ASV, Matthew 17:21, 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24, hundreds of words and verses have been removed or changed.

They want you to have the new versions, that proclaim in Isaiah 14:12 that Lucifer is the "Morning Star" Jesus Christ as seen in Revelation 22:16