Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then Christ died for all men and all sin, which would include this sin of unbelief. If God died for all men and all sin, and unbelief is a sin, then Christ covered this sin and therefore all men go to heaven. Do all men go to heaven?
I already answered you on this and you did not hear the answer. Why do you want to hear the answer again? Do you also want to be a disciple of the risen One?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then Christ died for all men and all sin, which would include this sin of unbelief. If God died for all men and all sin, and unbelief is a sin, then Christ covered this sin and therefore all men go to heaven. Do all men go to heaven?

Offered, not given, to all.

Answer me:
Why are the Calvinist trying to prove their claims if we have no freewill to choose?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Offered, not given, to all.

Answer me:
Why are the Calvinist trying to prove their claims if we have no freewill to choose?

Because truth is truth, whether we choose it to be or not.

So, Christ did not die for all sins? Only the unconditional ones?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you said Christ died for all sins unconditionally.

No, I did not; for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks; and I believe that salvation is conditioned upon faith, and would not have said otherwise.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did not; for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks; and I believe that salvation is conditioned upon faith, and would not have said otherwise.

So Christ does have a condition upon whom he will and won't save? See, I believe this condition has nothing to do with who I am or what I choose. You say the condition is your own correct choice. The only difference between you and an unsaved person is that you DID a work and they did not. This is called work's righteousness.

But the question is -- is it a sin then to not have faith?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet repentance and faith are gifts of God.
As with a key that Jesus gives you to a door (Himself) that opens into a room called grace; even the key is a gift of grace, but is nothing compared to the grace you will receive once you use the key and enter in through the door and find yourself a partaker of real grace, as it is contained in the room of grace, which you enter in to through the door by using the key that is given to you by Jesus (who is the door).

Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Christ does have a condition upon whom he will and won't save? See, I believe this condition has nothing to do with who I am or what I choose. You say the condition is your own correct choice. The only difference between you and an unsaved person is that you DID a work and they did not. This is called work's righteousness.
No, because faith and works are mutually exclusive according to a closer look at Ephesians 2:8-9.

Therefore my faith in Jesus Christ is not a work.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelief is a sin (like the unpardonable sin) that will keep a person out of heaven, since faith (the antonym of unbelief) is the means by which one enters in.

Ok so it is a sin. Is there any sin too great for Jesus blood to cover?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so it is a sin. Is there any sin too great for Jesus blood to cover?
Nope, however repentance (turning from unbelief to faith) is the condition for forgiveness.

When this happens, the former sin of unbelief is forgiven.

Sins do not get forgiven when the person is unrepentant and there is no change of direction, so that he will continue to walk in them.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Repent" is not a word that registers in the mind of the Calvinist preacher, it is not in his vocabulary.

Because the Calvinist gospel does not require it.

However, Jesus spoke of it:

Luk 13:1, There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
Luk 13:2, And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
Luk 13:3, I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:4, Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5, I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is salvation by works.
So whom will you serve God or Man, God or the other god. What has that to do with the law, who is your obedience too, in whom is your faith, faith is obedience, the law is not.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, however repentance (turning from unbelief to faith) is the condition for forgiveness.

When this happens, the former sin of unbelief is forgiven.

Sins do not get forgiven when the person is unrepentant and there is no change of direction, so that he will continue to walk in them.

But this does not follow logic. You said

1.) Unbelief is a sin
2.) There is no sin too great for Jesus to cover
3.) Jesus died for the sins of all men.

Therefore, Jesus died for all men's sins, and unbelief is a sin, and there is no sin too great for him to overcome, then his blood covers the sin of unbelief, which means all men will enter heaven. So all men will enter heaven?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this does not follow logic. You said

1.) Unbelief is a sin
2.) There is no sin too great for Jesus to cover
3.) Jesus died for the sins of all men.

Therefore, Jesus died for all men's sins, and unbelief is a sin, and there is no sin too great for him to overcome, then his blood covers the sin of unbelief, which means all men will enter heaven. So all men will enter heaven?
No, because the sin of unbelief will only be forgiven if it is repented of and the person puts their faith in Jesus.

So yes, technically, Jesus didn't die for the sin of unrepentant unbelief (which has been identified as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, or, the unpardonable sin, by some Bible teachers).

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because the sin of unbelief will only be forgiven if it is repented of and the person puts their faith in Jesus.

So yes, technically, Jesus didn't die for the sin of unrepentant unbelief.

So Jesus did not die for all sins then?

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also died for sins once for all

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 12:31, Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

edited post #394 (Calvinism is a Cult).

EXACTLY! And to say that it is your choice and not the work of the Holy Ghost in you from start to finish is exactly what this verse is talking about.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in logical thinking it can be said that there is an exception to every rule.

Not in reply to #397.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY! And to say that it is your choice and not the work of the Holy Ghost in you from start to finish is exactly what this verse is talking about.
It is the work of the Holy Ghost from start to finish....and it is my choice.

The Holy Spirit is a gentleman.

Psa 110:3, Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the work of the Holy Ghost....and it is my choice.

The Holy Spirit is a gentleman.

Psa 110:3, Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Ezekiel 36:26 –And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

You only take freely after you are given a new heart by God. Not your choice, Gods. He gives the new heart, and THEN you drink freely.

Proverbs 21:1 -- The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turns it wherever he will.

All hearts are already in his hand. It is His choice to turn them or to not. Only after they are turned can they take freely and respond.