Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it says hate him. Not hate "in comparison to ect." It simply says hate them. Hate them all. Nowhere does it add the "in comparison" thing you did. That's what YOU said, not Scripture.
Strong's #3404.

miseo, mis-eh'-o; from a primary misos (hatred), to detest (espec. to persecute), by extens. to love less.---hate(-ful).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to square one.

The Father drawing someone to Jesus, and the Father giving someone to Jesus, are two different things.

When the Father draws a man to Christ, he is enabled to make an unhindered decision either for or against Christ.

If that person chooses Christ, then the Father gives them to Christ.

So then, it is not that they are regenerated in order to be able to have faith, but that the Holy Spirit draws them to Christ.

Christ reaches out His hand to them to see if they will take hold of it.

If His hand is not stretched out, there is no possibility of them being able to reach up and take hold of His hand.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Concerning the last verse here: If you do not say with the Spirit to the unbelieving, Come; are you not therefore not of His bride?

And yet in Calvinism, those who hold to it do not say to the unbelieving, Come.

For in Calvinism, no one has the ability to come to Christ, why then extend the invitation?

I would point out something simple that you should take to heart even if you believe in Calvinism. It is written,

2Co 6:1, We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2Co 6:2, (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

The word "succour" means to help.

So God helps you in the day of salvation, that is not in question.

But in Calvinism (and in the Bible), you cannot come to Christ unless the Father is drawing you/helping you.

But the point of this scripture is that
now is the day of salvation.

So if He is calling you to make a decision for Him today, do not presume that, "Well, He is not really drawing me to Christ, and therefore I cannot come."

If the time that you are contemplating Christ is
now, then it is the accepted time and the day of salvation.

You can call on the name of the Lord
today and be saved.

You will not be able to excuse yourself on that day, saying, "But I thought that you had to be drawing me to Christ in that moment; and I believed that you were not doing so."

If the moment that you are being faced with the gospel message is
now, then He is drawing you to Christ in that moment.

If you say yes to Christ, then the Father will give you to Christ.

Do not presume that you have been given to Christ if you have never called on His name or received Him.

Rom 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11, For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12, For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so? Every verse you quoted, I showed you that [many times within the same chapter]
You contradicted yourself. And it was Scripture saying that you contradicted yourself.
I have shown that in the original autograph, the verse in question stands on its own as a bastion of spiritual truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every verse you quoted, I showed you that [many times within the same chapter]
You contradicted yourself. And it was Scripture saying that you contradicted yourself.
You did not show that at all. I showed you how your reasoning was flawed, although you may not have seen it due to spiritual blindness.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your point?

Do we not go to the Strong's to look further into what it says in the original?

But not other Scriptures. Why does Strong's have the right to interpret God's word but other Scripture can't?
[because if Scripture can't stand alone, your theology won't work]

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But not other Scriptures. Why does Strong's have the right to interpret God's word but other Scripture can't?
I didn't say that other scripture can't. I was merely using the Strong's to support my point that every singular verse stands on its own, in defense of your attack on that statement.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that other scripture can't. I was merely using the Strong's to support my point that every singular verse stands on its own, in defense of your attack on that statement.

But if it needs Strong's interpretation, it can't really stand alone.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You make it out that God is unjust, unfair, cruel even if He doesn't offer everyone a chance at salvation.
That's not even the issue. The issue is distorting (1) the character of God, (2) the character of Christ, (3) the Gospel and (4) Bible truth.

When a group -- regardless of label -- distorts Scripture, that is a very serious matter. Whether it is the Catholics or the Reformed. Or any cult for that matter.

The truth is that GOD DOES OFFER SALVATION TO ALL. And that is how the Gospel must be preached.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not even the issue. The issue is distorting (1) the character of God, (2) the character of Christ, (3) the Gospel and (4) Bible truth.

When a group -- regardless of label -- distorts Scripture, that is a very serious matter. Whether it is the Catholics or the Reformed. Or any cult for that matter.

The truth is that GOD DOES OFFER SALVATION TO ALL. And that is how the Gospel must be preached.

How about, like, a shred of Biblical evidence to back up you claims.
Again, don't care about feelings theology. I want to know what the Bible says.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does Christ shunt others? Such a statement is calling God out for his ways and decrees. I'd tread lightly.
That's exactly what the Westminster Confession, the London Baptist Confession, etc. say. Just using different terminology.
So those are the people who should have trodden lightly.

God decrees ABSOLUTELY NO ONE for salvation or damnation.

And that is why Christ said that the Gospel must be preached in all the world and to every creature. That is also why God COMMANDS ALL MEN everywhere to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.