Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand. Romans 5:2.

This is the opposite order of what the Calvinist preaches: "We have access by grace into this faith in which we stand."

And back to repeating the same thing. We already dealt with this. Please, before you continue repeating this over and over like a broken record... please go through and actually explain your interpretation of some of the verses we have supplied.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:1-22
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people.

Explain to me how you can reconcile these verses with your belief that our faith saves us. One verse at a time as I did with your verses if you could.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God

We are saved by grace through faith; and this means that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

I'm not sure how you think this contradicts my pov. We become God's masterpiece through our faith in Him; our works are the result of our faith in Jesus.

Ephesians 2:1-22
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

I assume that you are trying to say by this that we must be regenerated before we can have faith.

1st of all, the whole concept of this would mean that a person can be a recipient of grace apart from faith; and therefore I do not need to believe in Jesus in order to be saved. While the gospel message is implicit that I must believe in Jesus in order to be saved.

2ndly, the drawing by the Father of a person to Christ is different than the giving by the Father of a person to Christ.

As God draws a man, he is enabled to make a sound and unhindered decision for or against Christ.

If he makes his decision for Christ, that is when the Father gives the man to Jesus.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people.

This is interpreted by other scripture, "we are saved by grace through faith", "we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand." The entry point, the access point, is through the door (John 10), and the key is faith (Romans 5:2). In order to see this you need to read the verses with understanding and not just go by the literality of the words. A "key" may not be mentioned; but do you not get access through a door using a key? The word that is mentioned is access; and you can infer certain things by understanding what that word means.

But you have been blind to this up to this point and so I doubt you will be able to see it now that I have explained it to you more closely.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved by grace through faith; and this means that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

I'm not sure how you think this contradicts my pov. We become God's masterpiece through our faith in Him; our works are the result of our faith in Jesus.

I assume that you are trying to say by this that we must be regenerated before we can have faith.

1st of all, the whole concept of this would mean that a person can be a recipient of grace apart from faith; and therefore I do not need to believe in Jesus in order to be saved. While the gospel message is implicit that I must believe in Jesus in order to be saved.

2ndly, the drawing by the Father of a person to Christ is different than the giving by the Father of a person to Christ.

As God draws a man, he is enabled to make a sound and unhindered decision for or against Christ.

If he makes his decision for Christ, that is when the Father gives the man to Jesus.

This is interpreted by other scripture, "we are saved by grace through faith", "we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand." The entry point, the access point, is through the door (John 10), and the key is faith (Romans 5:2). In order to see this you need to read the verses with understanding and not just go by the literality of the words. A "key" may not be mentioned; but do you not get access through a door using a key? The word that is mentioned is access; and you can infer certain things by understanding what that word means.

But you have been blind to this up to this point and so I doubt you will be able to see it now that I have explained it to you more closely.

Before I begin taking this apart bit by bit, I would first like to point out that, again, all you have to rely on is the same misinterpreted verse and a whole bunch of feelings. Nothing has changed. Your view isn't really supported by Scripture; you are trying to tell me how you feel about it.

It cannot be both. Are we saved by grace or by faith? Are we saved by God's grace or our work of faith. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Faith is one of the graces God chooses to extend. This is why God saves us by the grace that is faith. You conveniently leave out the it is a gift of God at the end. So even if it is through faith, this faith is a gift of God which makes it a grace of God.

We his workmanship. Not our own. We are created in Him, we do not create ourselves in Him. Our good works come from and are ordained by Him, not ourselves. You claim we have the ability to save ourselves, and that would be the greatest work anyone could ever do.

Eph 2:1-2

1.) I am not trying to make it say that. It said that itself.
2.) You never gave what you believe it means.
3.) The Gospel message is implicate that Christ came to seek and save, not to make it so you could save yourself. It says that Christ came to die for His sheep, implying he knew which were His and which were not. It is very clear that there is not good in any of us, and that we are spiritually blind. These are clear from Scripture.
4.) No, there is no distinction between the drawing of people and giving them to Christ in the Scriptures

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith has learned absolutely nothing so far, and he continues to take the same Scriptures out of context after being shown his error.

Here is a real gem of his, and shows he not only contradicts Scripture, but even does so to himself, and admits to what he doesn't believe in this quote of his:

He's right, and doesn't even know it. He just showed the passage in Romans 5:2 IS to the saved, and is NOT to the unsaved, yet he proved it by accident because he doesn't pay attention to what he says. lolzzzz...

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith has learned absolutely nothing so far, and he continues to take the same Scriptures out of context after being shown his error.

Here is a real gem of his, and shows he not only contradicts Scripture, but even does so to himself, and admits to what he doesn't believe in this quote of his:

He's right, and doesn't even know it. He just showed the passage in Romans 5:2 IS to the saved, and is NOT to the unsaved, yet he proved it by accident because he doesn't pay attention to what he says. lolzzzz...
burned.gif

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we saved by God's grace or our work of faith.

Faith is not a work according to a closer look at Ephesians 2:8-9.

So even if it is through faith, this faith is a gift of God which makes it a grace of God.

It is the grace that is the gift of God; not the faith.

We his workmanship. Not our own. We are created in Him, we do not create ourselves in Him. Our good works come from and are ordained by Him, not ourselves. You claim we have the ability to save ourselves, and that would be the greatest work anyone could ever do.

You are in this implying that you think that salvation is by works; however in this you are sadly mistaken.

The Gospel message is implicate that Christ came to seek and save, not to make it so you could save yourself.

I do not state that I save myself in my response to the gospel message. It is dependent on my asking the Lord to save me. He does the saving in response to my asking Him to do so.

Mat 7:7, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8, For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

No, there is no distinction between the drawing of people and giving them to Christ in the Scriptures

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. But I will say to you that you are wrong in this.

I have said before that even if I concede that point, it does not change the fact that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

Now if I give you the key to the front door of my house and tell you that it will give you access to my house; and you have never been in my house, then you would understand that the key gives you initial access to my house. If you live in my house and I give you the key, it does not change the fact that there was a time in which you did not live in my house and that you initially gained access to my house through the key that I gave you. (It also does not change the fact that if you leave the house, your only way back into the house is through using the key to open the door. Now being inside the house represents being in the grace of God).

If you are trying to say that you always lived in my house, then that is preaching against the doctrine, Ye must be born again.

The fact is, that every man begins outside of Christ and unsaved. Therefore, initial access to salvation is by entering in through the door using the key; and after you have entered in through the door you can go in and out and find pasture. I have access to the room called grace through the door, that is, Jesus; and faith in Jesus is the key that opens the door.

Otherwise, a man can be a recipient of grace without first placing their faith in Jesus Christ; which concept is against the crux of the message of the gospel.

For the gospel is implicit that we must believe in Jesus in order to be saved; however Calvinism appears to me to preach the opposite, that you do not need to believe in Christ for salvation.

As such, Calvinism is a dangerous aberration from sound doctrine that gives false security to people who have never placed their hope and trust in Christ for salvation: it tells them that they do not need to place their hope and trust in Christ; that they can be a recipient of grace apart from faith in Jesus Christ.

You will be held accountable for preaching such an aberration. If someone neglects to cast themselves upon Christ for the mercy of the Lord, because of your false doctrine, you will be held accountable over the fact that they went to hell: their blood will be upon your heads.

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is not a work according to a closer look at Ephesians 2:8-9.

A closer look; OH! You mean I need my Arminian glasses? Ok, let's try that:
I cant see it.gif

Ok. Now I see it. All joking aside, the following part of the verse says that it is not of works. It is simply further describe the fact that faith is a gift from God because it is not a work. This says nothing about "Faith is something you do but somehow isn't a work. But God has nothing to do with it, and it all comes from you. And even though it is the literal textbook definition of a work, it is still not a work by some form of a miracle."

That would have been a much longer passage. Again, you are reading into this verse by changing the context.

If the grace doesn't grant faith, what is the point of the grace in the first place?

Aside from that, let's very quickly spell out the logic you have thus far presented.

1.) Faith is something I do all on my own, that is done to achieve the end result of access to heaven.
2.) The definition of a work is "activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result"
3.) Faith is somehow not a work.

Please explain to me how your definition of faith does not fit the criteria of a work. Though I believe that Scripture alone should be able to provide the necessary foundation for our faith, it is still worth pointing out that you belief is not even logical, much less biblical. I looked this definition up on Google. Even Google understands that, if Faith is something I must attain, and something I attain to achieve a expressed goal, by definition this is a work. I await your response.

I do not state that I save myself in my response to the gospel message. It is dependent on my asking the Lord to save me. He does the saving in response to my asking Him to do so.

Mat 7:7, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8, For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

1.) That still makes you the one that saved yourself; it merely lengthens the self-salvation chain. All this does is add a step into your self-salvation.
"Well, Jesus really saved me"
"But why"
"Because I asked Him to"
"Would you have been saved otherwise?"
"Well, no."
"Then, you really held the power in your salvation. It could never have happened had you not done something. Is that not a work?"
"No, no Jesus saved me."
"Why?"
"Because I asked Him to."
"Would you have been saved otherwise?"
.... and the cycle continues, the metaphorical dog continually chasing his tail forever and ever, because there is not escaping the simple fact that there are only 2 options:

1.) Either God saves sinners, and men have no work to boast over
2.) Men save themselves; be it by asking God to do something, by placing their faith in something, or by producing this faith themselves, they are in the end the catalyst of their own salvation, and therefore saved by something they did, because they never would have been saved apart from their contrabution.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. But I will say to you that you are wrong in this.

I don't care what men say; I care what the Scriptures say. Chapter and verse, please.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pure baloney.

So, God wants people to exercise their faith? Did you have your own faith and then used it? Funny thing, it is a gift, and comes from God; Romans 12:3; Romans 10:17; Ephesians 1:19. (three Scriptures for you to wrest)
I have said before that even if I concede that point, it does not change the fact that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

That's speaking only of believers in the state of conversion, but you don't mind twisting God's Word.

Now if I give you the key to the front door of my house and tell you that it will give you access to my house; and you have never been in my house, then you would understand that the key gives you initial access to my house. If you live in my house and I give you the key, it does not change the fact that there was a time in which you did not live in my house and that you initially gained access to my house through the key that I gave you. (It also does not change the fact that if you leave the house, your only way back into the house is through using the key to open the door. Now being inside the house represents being in the grace of God).

If you are trying to say that you always lived in my house, then that is preaching against the doctrine, Ye must be born again.

The fact is, that every man begins outside of Christ and unsaved. Therefore, initial access to salvation is by entering in through the door using the key; and after you have entered in through the door you can go in and out and find pasture. I have access to the room called grace through the door, that is, Jesus; and faith in Jesus is the key that opens the door.

Your above is a lie and a works gospel, which is false. Look at all you did! You had a key, you put it in the lock, you turned it, and you got a reward!

For the gospel is implicit that we must believe in Jesus in order to be saved; however Calvinism appears to me to preach the opposite, that you do not need to believe in Christ for salvation.

Another lie...

As such, Calvinism is a dangerous aberration from sound doctrine that gives false security to people who have never placed their hope and trust in Christ for salvation: it tells them that they do not need to place their hope and trust in Christ; that they can be a recipient of grace apart from faith in Jesus Christ.

You will be held accountable for preaching such an aberration. If someone neglects to cast themselves upon Christ for the mercy of the Lord, because of your false doctrine, you will be held accountable over the fact that they went to hell: their blood will be upon your heads.

The above is nothing but lies. When will you learn to tell the truth?

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pure baloney.

So, God wants people to exercise their faith? Did you have your own faith and then used it? Funny thing, it is a gift, and comes from God; Romans 12:3; Romans 10:17; Ephesians 1:19. (three Scriptures for you to wrest)

That's speaking only of believers in the state of conversion, but you don't mind twisting God's Word.

Your above is a lie and a works gospel, which is false. Look at all you did! You had a key, you put it in the lock, you turned it, and you got a reward!

Another lie...

The above is nothing but lies. When will you learn to tell the truth?

Luther roast 1.jpg

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holes in your flawed reasoning are readily apparent; I do not even need to answer.

For one thing, you are using human logic in an attempt to argue with the revealed truth of holy scripture.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holes in your flawed reasoning are readily apparent; I do not even need to answer.

For one thing, you are using human logic in an attempt to argue with the revealed truth of holy scripture.

And the Holy Truth of Scripture is against you, but you refuse to bow to it, so I thought perhaps showing you that even apart from Scripture your logic is flawed, much less including it in the argument.

So, I take this response as "I have no answer"?
How do you respond? Seeing the definition of a work, how does your definition of faith not fit the criteria?

And, by the way, all knowledge in the entire universe comes from God, and every fact reveals Him, so appealing to the logic that He created and that reflects Him is in no way un-Christian. Therefore, every logical fact, including the one supplied, should be able to be reconciled with the Scriptures.

So, knowing this, NOW how do you respond?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure why you go on and on with your arguments here. Calvinists believe that they have the true Gospel, and no amount of discussion will make any difference. Leave them to it. They must give account for distorting the Gospel and misleading others.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you go on and on with your arguments here. Calvinists believe that they have the true Gospel, and no amount of discussion will make any difference. Leave them to it. They must give account for distorting the Gospel and misleading others.

How dare we say that people don't save themselves! How dare we give God all the glory. Who's distorting what? You try and make salvation no more than man making a correct decision, and make him the entire focus of the book rather than God. This doesn't sound like the gospel message to me.

You are more than welcome to explain what you think we have distorted.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How dare we say that people don't save themselves! How dare we give God all the glory. Who's distorting what? You try and make salvation no more than man making a correct decision, and make him the entire focus of the book rather than God. This doesn't sound like the gospel message to me.

You are more than welcome to explain what you think we have distorted.
The decisional regeneration teaching was passed down from none other than Charles Grandison Finney. That is where the history of their teaching began, and they don't even know it. No one is saved by their determinative will or choice. Scripture is explicit with this fact.

Reactions: Mjh29

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The decisional regeneration teaching was passed down from none other than Charles Grandison Finney. That is where the history of their teaching began, and they don't even know it. No one is saved by their determinative will or choice. Scripture is explicit with this fact.

And it is worth note that though they claim we distort Scripture, they can never really give us a reason how, unless they are taking Scriptures out of context.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it is worth note that though they claim we distort Scripture, they can never really give us a reason how, unless they are taking Scriptures out of context.
I'd hate to have to "prove" my position by taking Scripture out of context to do it. But that doesn't bother them, they just make God's Word say what they want it to say. They don't bat an eye either, zero conviction for wresting Scripture; 2 Peter 3:16.

Reactions: Mjh29

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably should just leave them to themselves, and let the blind be leaders of the blind.