Calvinism vs. Arminianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Negative opinion, kind of like you have done this whole post? Can we say hypocrite?
What opinion of you did I express?

You don't need to make excuses to call me an hypocrit, you are quite capable of doing that without any reason whatsoever.

There's no law that you have to respond to my posts. I'm not planning to respond to yours, not after this go-round, which was just like the last several go-rounds.

You could at least learn some manners, of not some valid debate methods.

Much love!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were right, it would be truth.

:(

What you are really doing is broadcasting your negative opinions of someone you've never even met. Why is that so important to you, that you do it so much?

And then you compare yourself to Jesus rebuking the Pharisees. That is revealing!

Much love!
So was Jesus disparaging them? And what I am speaking is truth.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What opinion of you did I express?

You don't need to make excuses to call me an hypocrit, you are quite capable of doing that without any reason whatsoever.

There's no law that you have to respond to my posts. I'm not planning to respond to yours, not after this go-round, which was just like the last several go-rounds.

You could at least learn some manners, of not some valid debate methods.

Much love!
I have not been rude to you. You are the one that goes on about negativity (perceived). You are just full of it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying the verse does not exist. So provide one.
So please show me the verse that it is the will of God that all be saved.

1st Timothy 2:4 God desires that all sinners be saved

2nd Peter 3:9
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is patient toward you, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”

Reactions: friend of

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So please show me the verse that it is the will of God that all be saved. If God willed all to be saved all would be saved, but we know that is not the case because some do go to Hell.

1 Timothy 2:3-4

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is patient toward you, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”
If you read the context of both of those verses, the Timothy passage is referring to all TYPES of people, not all individuals. in 2 Peter, it is referring specifically to the "you" that is who the any refers to. And who is the you? Those who are elect. We know this based on the passage within the context of the whole book, not just an isolated verse.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Exactly. I await reformed's response

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the context of both of those verses, the Timothy passage is referring to all TYPES of people, not all individuals. in 2 Peter, it is referring specifically to the "you" that is who the any refers to. And who is the you? Those who are elect. We know this based on the passage within the context of the whole book, not just an isolated verse.

Don't hold water! But the Jehovah's Witnesses use this tactic too....explain all truth away with a lie.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then again...
if God knows how it all will turn out....what does predestination do?

Then were going to get into your belief that God does not predestined people not to be saved or that He does not damn them to hell.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What doesn't hold water? You can't just say it doesn't hold water.

Matthew 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

I am not just saying that it does not hold water...I am saying you are deploying a tactic of Satan to turn God's Word against Him.
Which pretty much defines the whole of the Calvinist doctrines.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean if God knows how it will all turn out? What are you referring to?

Oh this is simple...cat got-cha tongue.
If God knows how it all is going to turn out....what is the purpose of predestination? Is predestination a change?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

I am not just saying that it does not hold water...I am saying you are deploying a tactic of Satan to turn God's Word against Him.
Which pretty much defines the whole of the Calvinist doctrines.
How is that verse relevant to what we are talking about?