Can a Christian be a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frank, you sound like a one issue voter. It is a dangerous practice - allowing the issue of abortion to Trump a whole array of evils - disregard for the poor, for one - elects tyrants.

Aspen, are you saying the Democrats care for the poor any more than Republicans do? If so, you're seeing something I'm not. I don't think too many politicians care for the poor from either party. That's the job of the church--Christians! But then, sadly, I don't see a lot of churches doing it either.

As far as I'm concerned, the issue of abortion does "trump" all other moral issues. SIXTY MILLION innocent lives have been snuffed out in the U.S. alone! The left is so concerned about ICE ripping babies out of their mothers' arms; yet, they have no problem with abortionists ripping babies out of their mothers' wombs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, are you saying the Democrats care for the poor any more than Republicans do? If so, you're seeing something I'm not. I don't think too many politicians care for the poor from either party. That's the job of the church--Christians! But then, sadly, I don't see a lot of churches doing it either.

As far as I'm concerned, the issue of abortion does "trump" all other moral issues. SIXTY MILLION innocent lives have been snuffed out in the U.S. alone! The left is so concerned about ICE ripping babies out of their mothers' arms; yet, they have no problem with abortionists ripping babies out of their mothers' wombs!

The problem is outlawing abortion only limits people who do not have the money to travel outside the country

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem is outlawing abortion only limits people who do not have the money to travel outside the country
You could say the same for murder. Making murder a crime is rather inconvenient for criminals. They may have to travel to Mexico, the Balkans or Russia to fulfil their desires!

Abortion is murder, and the Catholic Church has always insisted on that. So how come you are a fan of abortions?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The left is so concerned about ICE ripping babies out of their mothers' arms; yet, they have no problem with abortionists ripping babies out of their mothers' wombs!
Another example of the TOTAL AND BLATANT hypocrisy of the Left. Now their agenda has become crystal clear -- shutting down of free speech, overturning the Constitution, anarchy and lawlessness, destruction of property, disruption of society, and the assassination of those they disagree with. Why has Trump failed to outlaw Antifa? And bring Soros to justice? Why was a mob allowed to disrupt the Senate?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another example of the TOTAL AND BLATANT hypocrisy of the Left. Now their agenda has become crystal clear -- shutting down of free speech, overturning the Constitution, anarchy and lawlessness, destruction of property, disruption of society, and the assassination of those they disagree with. Why has Trump failed to outlaw Antifa? And bring Soros to justice? Why was a mob allowed to disrupt the Senate?
Those are good questions. I wish I had answers.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true. Another result could be reverting to back alleys and coat hangers :(
But, Nancy, please think about it—60,000,000 lives ended--in horrible ways! And abortion doesn’t only hurt babies; it hurts women. Some women die at the hands of the abortionists. We don’t even know how many women have been harmed because of under reporting. I think the new movie Gosnell could shed some light on the horrors of abortion.

When I was 8-weeks pregnant, I had a routine ultrasound. After hearing that the fetus was just a blob of tissue for so long, I was shocked to see a little human being with well-defined fingers. It made me cry. A lot of women don't even know that they're pregnant until around 8 weeks.

I don't want you to feel that I'm down on you. I've enjoyed getting to know you in some of the other threads. I just pray that you'll consider what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
B

brakelite

Nothing happens He does not want to happen.
Can't agree here, sorry. Even after 40 years a Christian, I still fall from time to time...use to be a regular feature of my Christian lifestyle until the Lord led me in the way of overcoming. But I still fail, albeit less frequently than previously, praise God. Which scenario do you believe God wants to happen? Me sinning constantly all my Christian life, or me overcoming? One happens, which clearly He doesn't want to happen, or He wouldn't have provided a way of escape.
I think this applies to many areas of life. Stuff happens which He hates...but must tolerate for the sake of freedom of conscience and self will. Not that this means He has relinquished His authority and power to rule. He has not abdicated, nor will He. But let it not be said that He wants war, the untimely death of His saints, or anything else that may impede the establishment of HIs spiritual kingdom.
Nor yet ought we claim God wants abortion, just because it does happen.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
May it never be!
God always gets HIS way.
Nothing happens He does not want to happen.
What like WW2, your god wanted that and all hey ? what if I could inform you of the men who created it and all are and not one of them believes in God.

God always gets his way ? why did he send Jesus then for or the prophets hey. or why did God wipe out the evil with the flood.

God wins in the end always but the way people are mislead is not his ways.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel 2:21
"And He changeth the times and the seasons: He removeth kings, and setteth up kings: He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: "
It's God showing Daniel the dreams meaning.
Yes he does do that and all but you know who and what Satan does and all, so there you go, it's now all Gods way or doing.
The Magicians and Chaldeans, Astrologers ? who do you think they are in all.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, Nancy, please think about it—60,000,000 lives ended--in horrible ways! And abortion doesn’t only hurt babies; it hurts women. Some women die at the hands of the abortionists. We don’t even know how many women have been harmed because of under reporting. I think the new movie Gosnell could shed some light on the horrors of abortion.

When I was 8-weeks pregnant, I had a routine ultrasound. After hearing that the fetus was just a blob of tissue for so long, I was shocked to see a little human being with well-defined fingers. It made me cry. A lot of women don't even know that they're pregnant until around 8 weeks.

I don't want you to feel that I'm down on you. I've enjoyed getting to know you in some of the other threads. I just pray that you'll consider what I'm saying.
Yes PW, I am all too familiar of the horrors and how it damages/hurts all involved. Bottom line is that, whether or not this horrible practice is banned, will not make a difference as women will still have abortions. And, there will always be so called doctors who will just pick up where the others left off, and perform them anyhow. And for lot's of money and no fear of being sued...things will then be done under filthy conditions, woman will die from infections and such. BTW- I am SO not pro abortion!

Reactions: Butterfly

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have been praying for over 4,000 years.
Here we are....
God put us on earth to care for it.
We messed up and this is what we've got now...
For: It is written..
no matter what we do, HIS will be done. Unforetunately for the world today, but GLORIOUSLY for believers in Christ. AMEN Scarey to be both, for after all we are only human. I weep for my country, despair for my grand-children... even so, come, Lord Jesus

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
For: It is written..
no matter what we do, HIS will be done. Unforetunately for the world today, but GLORIOUSLY for believers in Christ. AMEN Scarey to be both, for after all we are only human. I weep for my country, despair for my grand-children... even so, come, Lord Jesus

But this too is according to his plan, so that we humans will be proven inept. Then Jesus returns and restores all things to himself, setting things back to similar conditions before man was given any authority on earth. It is through this authority that Adams fall affected the whole earth.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bottom line is that, whether or not this horrible practice is banned, will not make a difference as women will still have abortions.
On the other hand, if abortion is correctly called "murder of the unborn" and carries a death penalty, that would change the entire attitude to this form of infanticide/genocide. Sadly, the Western world caved to Satanic forces and legalized murder.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes PW, I am all too familiar of the horrors and how it damages/hurts all involved. Bottom line is that, whether or not this horrible practice is banned, will not make a difference as women will still have abortions. And, there will always be so called doctors who will just pick up where the others left off, and perform them anyhow. And for lot's of money and no fear of being sued...things will then be done under filthy conditions, woman will die from infections and such. BTW- I am SO not pro abortion!

I'm glad to hear that you're not pro-abortion. But we don't make something legal that is so totally immoral because "people are going to do it anyway!" Like Enoch said, we could say the same for any kind of murder. Why outlaw any kind of killing or rape or theft... because we think that people are going to do it anyway, so we need to provide a safe, legal way to do it so they don't get hurt?

Legal abortions aren't safe at all! Do you think that "doctors" who snuff out the lives of innocent babies care at all for the health of the women they take advantage of? Some of these "clinics" are cesspools of germs. Some clinic workers have turned against abortion because they've seen how badly women are treated.

It's a culture of death--for the babies and the women!