Can a Christian be a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm certain that God desired that Jesus' followers be called Christians since it is specifically documented. Things in the Bible are there for a reason. MHO

Acts 11:26 KJVS
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Here is the bottom line, according to the founding Father's, Government was to be established by the people, we have a right to choose those to represent us, and if and when they prove to be un-adequate we retain the right to choose another! The founding Father's also state in the declaration of Independence, that each State [colony] was to be Independent of itself, and that they were to be free to wage war, do commerce, and maintain themselves by rule of law within each state. Here is the most Important fact that was established in the Declaration-- That every Individual was to Govern themselves according to the Commandment's of God, and anyone who take's the Oath of Citizenship in this Country, with this Premise, If they take the Oath Falsely, not being being truthful about Governing themselves Accordingly, then by the Oath they are not true American's,
I see many people's, from different land's within our boarder's, many have struggled to attain citizenship through the proper channel, according to the Law! With that said, they brought with them the Culture of their land, and yet they became American's by adhering to the Oath! But as we have progressed we see, and don't tell me, you haven't seen the Culture of the people take priority over the Oath, they being lawlessness and behavior's that were except-able in the land's they came from, and they do not Join in with the Principle's, that are Contained in the Declaration of Independence, or the Constitution, In these Two Document's is the very Essence of being an American! AND I QUOTE " LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, SOUL,AND ALL THAT YOU ARE! AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!. And in these Two Documented statement's given by Our Savior, are the ESSENCE of being a Believer, here in which is the Balance of the Word of God!
Let us Fast and Pray for Righteousness in those that represent us in this Nation, and in the Nation's of the World!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Frank Lee

I pray that the Roe v Wade ruling will be overturned, but I doubt anyone on Trump's list will vote to overturn it. Not even Kavanaugh.
God let Domitian and Nero become emperors. He let Hitler take control of Germany. He allows much that I don't understand. But God really is in control. The next president may, like Domitian and Nero, persecute Christians as political expediency.
Our job as Christians is to make disciples. Our duty is to give Obedience to our Lord and our King. They want us to be distracted by their circus. They do not want us to witness the Truth. But, when they arrest us, like they arrested the first Christians, we will be given center stage and we will witness the Truth to them. Until then, we simply witness to our neighbors.

Your heart is aching for the unborn martyrs. Take comfort in what the Bible says about martyrs.

Finally, remember to forgive the political fools and pray for them.

Rejoice Always!
I agree. 99% of my posts have to do with preaching against distortions of Biblical truth because false Christs are preached everywhere - whether the OSAS false Christ of evangelicals, the Christ/Mary figures of catholicism which Satan impersonates, or the "New Age" Christ of occultism which is everywhere.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This is false. A born again Christian can also sin by being a Republican.

Christians sin in many ways...you can't limit sin to your own agenda.
But it's not personal sin Frank Lee is referring to.

He's right. One cannot be a born again Christian and justify his being a Democrat.
Just look at the platform of Dems:

A woman's right to choose...abortion.
Homosexual rights beyond OUR rights.
SSM
Persecution of Christians...I've recently learned something about CA prohibiting the reading of the bible in public...or was it Canada? @"ByGrace" might know.
Euthanasia --- murder (abortion is murder too)
Belief in the ACLU
Abolishing school prayer.
Abolishing prayer in sports.
Unwanted manger's on public property.
Elimination of the 10 commandments posted in public.
Prosecuting private persons with private businesses that do not want to make articles against their religion.
Forcing nuns to supply medical care which includes abortion which they feel is contrary to their religion.

and much more I can't think of right now.

And they're becoming worse, more vengeful and hateful since Trump took office.
This was an important win and they can't accept losing since they believe everyone is on their side and just a very few on the Christian's side. As we've seen, not only Christians would want a life more in tune with natural law, but also all the others, both agnostics and other religions.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But it's not personal sin Frank Lee is referring to.

He's right. One cannot be a born again Christian and justify his being a Democrat.
Just look at the platform of Dems:

A woman's right to choose...abortion.
Homosexual rights beyond OUR rights.
SSM
Persecution of Christians...I've recently learned something about CA prohibiting the reading of the bible in public...or was it Canada? @"ByGrace" might know.
Euthanasia --- murder (abortion is murder too)
Belief in the ACLU
Abolishing school prayer.
Abolishing prayer in sports.
Unwanted manger's on public property.
Elimination of the 10 commandments posted in public.
Prosecuting private persons with private businesses that do not want to make articles against their religion.
Forcing nuns to supply medical care which includes abortion which they feel is contrary to their religion.

and much more I can't think of right now.

And they're becoming worse, more vengeful and hateful since Trump took office.
This was an important win and they can't accept losing since they believe everyone is on their side and just a very few on the Christian's side. As we've seen, not only Christians would want a life more in tune with natural law, but also all the others, both agnostics and other religions.

Why would someone say something like that? That's the point.

God is not a communist.

God hates flags.

God doesn't rollerblade.

God doesn't dangle participles.

etc...

What is the point?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Why would someone say something like that? That's the point.

God is not a communist.

God hates flags.

God doesn't rollerblade.

God doesn't dangle participles.

etc...

What is the point?
The point is that God is Republican.

LOL

The point is that I wonder how one could belong to a party that PROMOTES all those ideas on that list I made and still call themselves a Christian.

Don't you believe that Christians should support their beliefs?
How does one support their Christian beliefs by belonging to a party that denies each one of them?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is that God is Republican.

LOL

The point is that I wonder how one could belong to a party that PROMOTES all those ideas on that list I made and still call themselves a Christian.

Don't you believe that Christians should support their beliefs?
How does one support their Christian beliefs by belonging to a party that denies each one of them?

A Christian doesn't entangle himself in the affairs of this life. At least that's how I read it.

2 Tim. 2:4 No one serving as a soldier entangles himself in the affairs of this life, that he might please the one having enlisted him.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A Christian doesn't entangle himself in the affairs of this life. At least that's how I read it.

2 Tim. 2:4 No one serving as a soldier entangles himself in the affairs of this life, that he might please the one having enlisted him.
Ah. I see what you mean.
I know others that believe this.

I believe the opposite.
Jesus said we are the salt of the earth. Mathew 5:13
He said we are a light on a lamp stand, to give light to all. Mathew 5.15

All evil needs to succeed is for good to do nothing.
Should we then sit back and do nothing as the world becomes more and more lost?

I believe Christians should speak up about their beliefs.
Let your yes be yes and your no be no.
Jesus does not like lukewarm...
We should be on fire for what we believe.

But I won't debate this with you...you must live your conviction.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah. I see what you mean.
I know others that believe this.

I believe the opposite.
Jesus said we are the salt of the earth. Mathew 5:13
He said we are a light on a lamp stand, to give light to all. Mathew 5.15

All evil needs to succeed is for good to do nothing.
Should we then sit back and do nothing as the world becomes more and more lost?

I believe Christians should speak up about their beliefs.
Let your yes be yes and your no be no.
Jesus does not like lukewarm...
We should be on fire for what we believe.

But I won't debate this with you...you must live your conviction.

Very few people will live a holy life. These live inside the fire of God. But the light and heat given off by that light produces the salt of the earth. So then there are many righteous and few holy people. It is like a little fire that produces the heat in the world.

So you have to decide whether you want to live in the fire...and NOT get entangled in the affairs of this world. (the fire is in heaven)

OR...if you want to be one of the people affected by that fire....but living in the world and getting involved in the affairs of this world.

I believe it is for the church to be in the fire....in order to affect the world by the heat thereof.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Very few people will live a holy life. These live inside the fire of God. But the light and heat given off by that light produces the salt of the earth. So then there are many righteous and few holy people. It is like a little fire that produces the heat in the world.

So you have to decide whether you want to live in the fire...and NOT get entangled in the affairs of this world. (the fire is in heaven)

OR...if you want to be one of the people affected by that fire....but living in the world and getting involved in the affairs of this world.

I believe it is for the church to be in the fire....in order to affect the world by the heat thereof.
I understand and I agree. We are to be IN the world but not OF the world.
The problem I see here (and I'm not active politically but I do vote what I believe)
is that laws are voted into being...and they never can be rescinded. I DO believe it's important to be active in that way - since it's the only way most persons have.

Also, I did like, many years ago when homosexuality and SSM used to be discussed on TV on serious programs, that some Christian person would be a part of the discussion to show that point of view.

I do some studying with a monk in a sanctuary and they seem to be very involved in what's going on in the world. The one who does the lessons always says that it's really impossible to detach yourself from the world completely these days.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand and I agree. We are to be IN the world but not OF the world.
The problem I see here (and I'm not active politically but I do vote what I believe)
is that laws are voted into being...and they never can be rescinded. I DO believe it's important to be active in that way - since it's the only way most persons have.

Also, I did like, many years ago when homosexuality and SSM used to be discussed on TV on serious programs, that some Christian person would be a part of the discussion to show that point of view.

I do some studying with a monk in a sanctuary and they seem to be very involved in what's going on in the world. The one who does the lessons always says that it's really impossible to detach yourself from the world completely these days.

It depends how we do it. We should do it in a spiritual way and avoid DOING IT MAN'S WAY. God will show you how to affect the world. No need for politics. That is the way of men.

Reactions: faithfulness

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my 50+ years as a christian , I have found that a Christian can be many things!!
If it were not so...Paul would not have had to address " The carnal christians"
They are not unsaved, but they will not be Overcomer's as found in Rev 3... servants , but no full grown sons. The reward of position is lost to them.

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Romans 13: Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

Where was St. Paul when he wrote this?

Yes, we are to be salt and light: the question is how one does it. Either you are in tune with the Holy Spirit and walking in Obedience, or your are not.
Do you have the calling that Jeremiah and Ezekiel had? Then obey that calling. Speak out as they did, bringing Truth to Power! And remember, Ezekiel had to cook his food in a special way...:)
However, if your calling is to be a witness to your neighbors, then follow that less glamorous calling.

They did not listen to Isaiah, Ezekiel and Jeremiah. I wonder, if we witness to our neighbors, and they witness to theirs, and so on, is there Hope? The battle will not be won in Washington DC, but in the hearts of our neighbors.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It depends how we do it. We should do it in a spiritual way and avoid DOING IT MAN'S WAY. God will show you how to affect the world. No need for politics. That is the way of men.
Yes. But politics affects my life.

How should we do it in your opinion?
Greece made their citizens poor about 8 years ago.
There was rioting in the streets because of the sudden poverty.
Persons found themselves rummaging through garbage for food. (some persons).
Should they just have accepted this?

Of course it made no difference since we're just pawns in the hands of some, but I don't think we should just accept whatever comes our way.

And as to the need for politics....
Have you read The Lord of the Flies?

Oh yeah. There is NEED for a government.
I'll get into details if you wish...

Reactions: Acolyte

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. But politics affects my life.

How should we do it in your opinion?
Greece made their citizens poor about 8 years ago.
There was rioting in the streets because of the sudden poverty.
Persons found themselves rummaging through garbage for food. (some persons).
Should they just have accepted this?

Of course it made no difference since we're just pawns in the hands of some, but I don't think we should just accept whatever comes our way.

And as to the need for politics....
Have you read The Lord of the Flies?

Oh yeah. There is NEED for a government.
I'll get into details if you wish...

You could start by praying. God created the entire universe. I'd go to Him.

Reactions: faithfulness

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You could start by praying. God created the entire universe. I'd go to Him.
People have been praying for over 4,000 years.
Here we are....
God put us on earth to care for it.
We messed up and this is what we've got now...