Can a Christian be only partly saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You seem somewhat illiterate, perhaps you should focus on learning the language, then you can understand postings.
You seem to have Zero scripture to back uop Your false claims and then because of your lack you resort to insulting a brother. For which you have no scripture either.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I hear ya. But He did say, "Ye are My witnesses", and "Go into all the world and make disciples." But you are right, the whole thing can be pretty cliche.
well, once the definitions of "witness" and "doctrine" get warped, as they currently are, the rest becomes cliche`, surely

Reactions: ScottA

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I did give scriptural reference, book, chapter, and verse. The site provided a link for anyone who cares to read the verse and verify the reference. I had no idea that you don't know how to follow a link.
I still dont know what link your talking about. But you do like too ridicule people who taught you that?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, i'm seeing this rise, and i don't really see how. Why would we be called to confess our sins to each other if we had none? @Armadillo pls feel free too. I mean what, you're never going to sin again? Can't? what happens when you are disagreed with? ty
Why would God say we are Holy sanctified, new man mew creation if we were not. Dont take my word for it. See heres the problem here with most people and I never thought you would fall into this. Bu t I see you doing it in your last few posts. You are talking as if I said it :) I never God did.

Reactions: Helen

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We ARE talking about redemption.
Redemption is what you get at the end of your journey with your relationship with God.
He posted the correct scripture --- we receive our redemption at the end, not at the beginning.

How could it be at the beginning if we should decide later on not to serve God anymore?

You redeem your gift AFTER you've collected the correct amount of coupons at your local supermarket...NOT BEFORE you collect all the coupons needed to REDEEM your chosen gift.

Titus 2:14
who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

If we adhere to the above, and REMAIN His person, then we will be redeemed at the end of our life.
No we are the redemmed now. It doesnt say "Redemption is what you get at the end of your journey with your relationship with God."
You said that not God not the bible You. You posted the correct scripture and obviously dont even know what it means. It means now. would you like me to give you the rest of the scriptures now? You have no clue what redeemed even means clearly. James warned you about teaching.

So what happenes with your coupons? As soon as you hand them over the item is yours once you paid. Did Jesus pay yes or no. oooppps yes he did shhhhh. You are looking for fault at the cost of truth.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No comment.
I like serious conversations.
Unless they're specifically funny, of course.

The above is neither.
well If I was in your position and feel pride is worth exchanging for Truth by all means. But you are selling Gods word awful cheap, what a shame.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No we are the redemmed now. It doesnt say "Redemption is what you get at the end of your journey with your relationship with God."
You said that not God not the bible You. You posted the correct scripture and obviously dont even know what it means. It means now. would you like me to give you the rest of the scriptures now? You have no clue what redeemed even means clearly. James warned you about teaching.

So what happenes with your coupons? As soon as you hand them over the item is yours once you paid. Did Jesus pay yes or no. oooppps yes he did shhhhh. You are looking for fault at the cost of truth.
OK.
Even though I have no clue what redeemed means,
could you tell me what happens if my child dies and I decide not to believe in God anymore? I lose all faith.

Am I still redeemed? (whatever that means).

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well If I was in your position and feel pride is worth exchanging for Truth by all means. But you are selling Gods word awful cheap, what a shame.
It's rather difficult to speak to you.
You're a very insulting person.
You don't know me, how do you make assumptions about me or anyone else on this forum?
Just answer questions and have a conversation and don't get so personal.
That would be nice.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can a Christian be only partly saved?

No.

Hebrews 11:6
[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Galatians 5:22-25
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
I see Gods Grace loves anything that anyone says against anything I write, Really childish and obvious. and reveals your hurt little heart. You are prepared to like there posts whether they are right or not.
So victory back to you. What does your two lovely scriptures have to do with what I said. Its a little dissapointing, posting a post and explaining apost in the manner I did for you all to come along with nothing to try and prove me wrong. If you are going to try and contradict what I say for a right reason, do so with scriptures that make sense. This is ridiculas.

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the words of the overmuscled;"Thing"from Marvels ;'Fantastic 4';"It's clobberin' time !" U skeptics/cynics/4th.century minded (how many Angels can dance on the head o'a pin ?)IQ hampered suedo-thinkers are just trying 2 rile the honest believers w/yer contagious doubt-darts.B4 I was I was in the door;I was walking toward it. B4 that I was like them wandering Jew followers of John who upon meeting some Disciples said;"Jesus;who ??"Sign a contract in blood yer the devils;Give yer heart/soul 2 love UR the lords !!Drowned is drowned/saved is saved !! Don't make me tell U again.I humiliate pompous fools 4 fun,Don't make Grampa spank U !!!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the words of the overmuscled;"Thing"from Marvels ;'Fantastic 4';"It's clobberin' time !" U skeptics/cynics/4th.century minded (how many Angels can dance on the head o'a pin ?)IQ hampered suedo-thinkers are just trying 2 rile the honest believers w/yer contagious doubt-darts.B4 I was I was in the door;I was walking toward it. B4 that I was like them wandering Jew followers of John who upon meeting some Disciples said;"Jesus;who ??"Sign a contract in blood yer the devils;Give yer heart/soul 2 love UR the lords !!Drowned is drowned/saved is saved !! Don't make me tell U again.I humiliate pompous fools 4 fun,Don't make Grampa spank U !!!
Do you eat rice krispies?
Because theyyyyy're great!!!!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sanctification is a process.

You are 100% wrong.

hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Short Definition: I make holy, sanctify
Definition: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 37 hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

[37 (hagiázō) means "to make holy, consecrate, sanctify; to dedicate, separate" (Abbott-Smith).]

Justification is immediate and is totally from God.

Strong's Concordance
dikaiósis: the act of pronouncing righteous, acquittal
Original Word: δικαίωσις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: dikaiósis
Phonetic Spelling: (dik-ah'-yo-sis)
Short Definition: acquittal, justification
Definition: acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

What makes us be a new creation?
when you believe you recieve the Holy Ghost. Born again New Creation.

Are we one immediately upon justification?
Correct \0/\0/\0/\o0/ \0o/\0/\o/

Sanctify means to set apart, to prepare, make ready, for the work of God.
As quoted for clarification.

Does a person that has just been saved even understand what God may want of them?
Probably not so what Gods working with them if they want Him to. But most dont give Him the time of day.

Sanctification, being set apart for God's work, is a life-long process.
1 Peter 1:15-16 is akin to Mathew 5:48
Be perfect
Be holy
It is a desire, a working toward; we are neither perfect nor completely holy, but it is our desire--something to work for.

Romans 12:1
2 Peter 3:18
1 Peter 2:2-3
2 Corinthians 7:1
Philippians 2:12-13

and many more

Not a single scripture you posted tells us of santification being a process. The word is not even mentioned once in all the scriptures you quoted. What are you trying to achive?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are 100% wrong.

Definition: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 37 hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

[37 (hagiázō) means "to make holy, consecrate, sanctify; to dedicate, separate" (Abbott-Smith).]

Strong's Concordance

Probably not so what Gods working with them if they want Him to. But most dont give Him the time of day.

Not a single scripture you posted tells us of santification being a process. The word is not even mentioned once in all the scriptures you quoted. What are you trying to achive?
Maybe it would be better for you to tell us more about sanctification rather then attacking people.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You are 100% wrong.

HELPS Word-studies

Strong's Concordance

Not much I guess.
Paul used the words Justification and Sanctification interchangeably and he did cause some confusion.

It took theologians to sort it all out.

But I have a feeling you don't like theologians.
So I guess you'll have to dig through the N.T. yourself and get the different meaning of the two words.

Just remember, there are TWO words so it must be that they mean two different ideas.

Justification is IMMEDIATE. Done by God ONLY.
Sanctification is ongoing. Done by God and US.

It might take you some time to complete this study.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's rather difficult to speak to you.
You're a very insulting person.
You don't know me, how do you make assumptions about me or anyone else on this forum?
Just answer questions and have a conversation and don't get so personal.
That would be nice.
I dont need to know you I can only respond to your posts. And they are very easy to read and see through. You ran away from our first conversation becuase you were in to deep. But you continued giving out little likes to anyone who would disagree with me on anything. Pretty childish and easy to see through. I never insulted you. But you are insulted. How about stop taking it personal and do what Christ is asking you to do. die to the flesh and stop living for you. If you get hurt. its you who is still alive not christ like your told to do. Paul said it. Its no longer I who lives but Christ who lives in me. ANd I can say the same, how about you? Still hurt and offended? still insulted? Growing up into Christ is a sore thing and costly. you quoted so many scriptures about growing up and here your are acting like a childin the flesh at your age? Christ called us children and nthing changed.