Can angels have sex?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was saying that Jesus never mentioned the angel/human sex involvement myth when he compared the flood of Noah to our day per Matt 24.

The very core doctrine that the angel baby teachers teach their congregations is that God flooded the earth to get rid of the angel babies.

Again, not a peep out of Jesus about these angel babies, just humans sinning.

Oh …I’m sorry I misunderstood. angel babies; I’m not sure I’ve fully heard this teaching, yet I guess that is what implied through opinions when discussing God destroying the offspring of the fallen angels. I don’t follow it a lot so I’ve kind of forgotten what is taught.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible also speaks of angels leaving their original home and sinning and warns women about these kinds of angels.

“and warns women about these kinds of angels.”
If it were “and warns women about these kinds of messengers” it would line up well with the warning in 2 Timothy 3:2-6 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, [4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; [5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. [6] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

I’ve heard that in a degrading sense of Timothy being told how silly, lustful and laden with sins women can be …vulnerable to men who creep into houses, leading women away captive from their home.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh …I’m sorry I misunderstood. angel babies; I’m not sure I’ve fully heard this teaching, yet I guess that is what implied through opinions when discussing God destroying the offspring of the fallen angels. I don’t follow it a lot so I’ve kind of forgotten what is taught.
Well, these "offspring" must have started as babies, right?

Notice the RCC and their baby angels depicted everywhere?

Just connect the dots...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, these "offspring" must have started as babies, right?

Notice the RCC and their baby angels depicted everywhere?

Just connect the dots...

I’ve noticed
  • a representation of a cherub in art, depicted as a chubby, healthy-looking child with wings.
    plural noun: cherubs
  • a beautiful or innocent-looking child.
    "a wistful cherub of eighteen months, photographed at her playgroup"

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve noticed
  • a representation of a cherub in art, depicted as a chubby, healthy-looking child with wings.
  • a beautiful or innocent-looking child.
    "a wistful cherub of eighteen months, photographed at her playgroup"
Now, you saw it too.

Where are there infant angels in scripture?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, you saw it too.

Where are there infant angels in scripture?

Can see how Matthew 18:10 could be said to imply such …but that is not what I’m suggesting it says.

Take heed that you despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not confirm this at all. Read Jude again. It is very clear what it meant for angels who left their first estate going after strange flesh.
No!

Jude talked about the angels in one verse. Not 2 verses. Right before the angels, Jude mentions:

"I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not."

These were not angels, but those who stood against Moses.

Then the angels. They did not stand against Moses. Then Sodom and Gomorrha. Three separate verses, three separate events, not all angels. Jude just places the angels between Moses' day and Abraham's day.

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Jude never associated those two angels with Sodom and Gomorrha. That is called interpretation jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Jude never associated those rebellious angels who walked off the job as stars to the two angels who visited Lot. Sodomites went after strange flesh, NOT angels.

Jude was pointing out disobedience to God in separate historical events. He was comparing false teachers in the first century to those who rebelled against Moses, the angels who rebelled against God, and those cities in Abraham's day who became morally bankrupt.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to be a Noah and turn my back on the world.
For God so loved it brother, he was willing to die for it.
How do you know, that Noah did not build an ark big enough for all his neighbors miles around him?

Sounds like his neighbors turned their back on the world, not Noah.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, I can bring all this back into context of the original post. In the NT, we are in the image of God and are the sons of God, but that is speaking of the inner or inward or new or spiritual man; not the flesh man or son of man or the old man. Sons of God may be trapped in earthen vessels, but they are the image of God; not the earthen vessels.

So, whomever the sons of God were in Genesis 6, I still contend that they were not of this world and certainly not of the "purebred" Seth linage. Were they angels? I don't know. But they were not human.

Who were those humans created in the 12 hours of liveable daylight on day 6? Genesis 1:26-28

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
strange wives
strange gods…you suggested the exact analogy for “strange flesh”. My question is strange gods the same as strange flesh…as in gods and lords that are flesh who will not continue by reason of their infirmities? Speaking of strange wives …what is a strange woman whose end is bitter as wormwood?
Proverbs 5:3-23
Proverbs 7:2-27 go not after her for ‘Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.’ ? They went after strange flesh? Who went after a strange woman? Follow not after flesh which leads to death? The Spirit leads to life? Proverbs 11:19 As righteousness tends to life: so he that pursues evil pursues it to his own death.

Tecarta Bible

Exo 23:23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.
Exo 23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

The first thing that I question.. if "gods" in this verse refers only to manmade idols, statues, inanimate objects,
then how can one do "after their works" ?
In Genesis the serpent tells Eve:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Not that man will construct images to bow down to, but they themselves will be bowed down to. Making themselves gods.

Exo 23:31 And I will set thy bounds from the Red sea even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the desert unto the river: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand; and thou shalt drive them out before thee.
Exo 23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.

Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, Jebusites, and Philistines.
Think Politicians. Those in authority over the "common" people.
They are held in high esteem. They make the laws, they make the rules.
They have power to punish you if you break them.
These are those gods that the serpent told Eve we would become.
It was no lie. He never said we would become God. But that we would be as gods. Passing both laws and judgements on eachother.

"My question is strange gods the same as strange flesh…as in gods and lords that are flesh who will not continue by reason of their infirmities? "

But they hand that "power" down to their sons, or daughters. They select people to lead them and set them up as "gods"
Every country, Every nation today has gods in position of power that rule over them.
They make laws, they pass judgements, they determine punishments, and even have the power of pardon.
This "authority" gets passed to others, whether by death or conquest.
Here in the States we have "elections" . We believe it is the people who are choosing who will reign over them in their name.
But the truth is, whoever gets elected has already been pre-selected. So whoever you choose is given by those who make those choices available.
Until somebody comes and upsets the system. Then all hell breaks loose lol.

This whole world is controlled by the babylonian system. We create for ourselves who we follow.
We are our own gods.
This is why one must lay down their life, "their authority even over themselves" and give it to God to handle it.

In the case of Israel, God was their God. Period.
Then they met other woman from the nations around them, they married them, and the wives brought the husbands under their systems.
They began to do the works of the nations around them forgetting God's ways and God's laws.
The rulers of those nations became their rulers. Their kings, their priests.

This would be a case of the Sons of God, (those that believed in God) came in uton the daughters of men, (Those that did not know God)
becoming unequally yoked with them.
This is where cultures clash. You have the ways of God, intermingling with the ways of the world.
They both can't exist simultaneously in peace because they are opposed to each other.
One way is God's way, His Laws, His rules, His Justice. The other way is man's and how he believes it should be.

"Speaking of strange wives …what is a strange woman whose end is bitter as wormwood? "

A woman, theoretically in the bible represents a church or a congregation, a group of people who all come under one "tent" , one belief system.
So to me a "strange woman" whose end is bitter as wormwood, means it's teachings and it's "religion" is on the broad path away from God and on it's way to hell.

This is how I understand it.
Hugs

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinners today are in Adam's image too.

They have no ability to call on the name of the Lord and find Grace as Noah did?
Humans have always been able to, except Adam and the next generation Seth, as Enos, the third generation was named for that ability.

What makes you think that any generation after the one Enos represented, did not have that ability?

Sure, when God set curses on His chosen people, Israel it seems that the sins of the fathers applied to the 3rd and 4th generation. How does that transfer to all other humans?

I agree humans enjoyed their sin, but God never removed the ability for them to call upon the name of the Lord.

Not to mention that Noah and his sons were the only ones to spread faith across the world. No one came off the ark who remained unable to call upon the name of the Lord. Humans just got more comfortable with their selfish ways, and they forgot about God. Same happens today. Each new generation could be the one that totally forgets God. It does not take long.

Look at Eli and Samuel. Eli was the man of God, but his sons rebelled. Samuel took Eli's place. Even Samuel's sons rebelled. No one replaced Samuel until Elijah came along. If that is how the redeemed act, those from generations of separation from God would be no different. All could still call upon the name of the Lord. They just chose not to.

Reactions: Truther

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know, that Noah did not build an ark big enough for all his neighbors miles around him?

Sounds like his neighbors turned their back on the world, not Noah.
You see how many clean and unclean animals God called to the ark?
Those were the "neighbors" .

Recall the sheet that was let down with all manner of beasts clean and unclean?
Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Gen 7:7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
Gen 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
Gen 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
1Co 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
1Co 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

This world got a lot of good people and bad people. A lot of believers and unbelievers.
Some couples are unequally yoked where one believes and the other does not.
Notice how God called the animals to the ark as couples, both male and female.
These animals on the ark represent all of humanity.
The ones that were destroyed in the flood are those who chose to remain in unbelief.
These would be the tares that get thrown into the fire, while the wheat goes in the barn.

God took them all "out of the earth" for a short time. They rode upon the "waters" through the storm.
After the waters had abated the dry ground appeared. All hostility and war and strife and unbelief were gone.
And then Noah opened up the door and the world was repopulated again.
Noah was the only "righteous" man God found to save the world.
It doesn not mean that all that came to Noah were righteous in themselves.

Because God doesn't send people in the world to save those who are righteous, but he calls sinners to repentance.
And all those animals that God sent to the ark were repenting sinners.

So many parables Jesus gave us. They all say the same thing.
God is in the proffesion of saving, not destroying.
People destroy themselves when they choose not to believe.

Our job is to be like the fowls of the air, going forth and spreading the good news.
Noah is building an ark and a storm is coming!
If you will believe then come, if not then suffer the consequences.

Gen 7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Luk 12:24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

What or who do fowls represent?
Ecc 10:20 Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird H5775 of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter.

Talebearers? Gossipers? Messengers?
wings represent speed.

Question:
Why would God have Noah save that which is "unclean" ?
And this is prior to Moses' law concerning clean and unclean meats.
So for what purpose are "unclean" things allowed to remain in the earth?

In the book of Revelation all that is "clean" is within the city gates, and all that are "unclean" are outside in the darkness.
And yet they remain.. whether inside or outside, they are never eternally destroyed.
So it was in the beginning, that the serpent who resided outside the gates of Eden made his way to the tree of knowledge,
and planted seed in Eve's mind.

It's circular.. alpha and omega, world without end.

Psa 104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
Psa 104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Psa 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
Psa 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 23:23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.
Exo 23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

The first thing that I question.. if "gods" in this verse refers only to manmade idols, statues, inanimate objects,
then how can one do "after their works" ?
In Genesis the serpent tells Eve:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Not that man will construct images to bow down to, but they themselves will be bowed down to. Making themselves gods.

Exo 23:31 And I will set thy bounds from the Red sea even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the desert unto the river: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand; and thou shalt drive them out before thee.
Exo 23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.

Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, Jebusites, and Philistines.
Think Politicians. Those in authority over the "common" people.
They are held in high esteem. They make the laws, they make the rules.
They have power to punish you if you break them.
These are those gods that the serpent told Eve we would become.
It was no lie. He never said we would become God. But that we would be as gods. Passing both laws and judgements on eachother.

"My question is strange gods the same as strange flesh…as in gods and lords that are flesh who will not continue by reason of their infirmities? "

But they hand that "power" down to their sons, or daughters. They select people to lead them and set them up as "gods"
Every country, Every nation today has gods in position of power that rule over them.
They make laws, they pass judgements, they determine punishments, and even have the power of pardon.
This "authority" gets passed to others, whether by death or conquest.
Here in the States we have "elections" . We believe it is the people who are choosing who will reign over them in their name.
But the truth is, whoever gets elected has already been pre-selected. So whoever you choose is given by those who make those choices available.
Until somebody comes and upsets the system. Then all hell breaks loose lol.

This whole world is controlled by the babylonian system. We create for ourselves who we follow.
We are our own gods.
This is why one must lay down their life, "their authority even over themselves" and give it to God to handle it.

In the case of Israel, God was their God. Period.
Then they met other woman from the nations around them, they married them, and the wives brought the husbands under their systems.
They began to do the works of the nations around them forgetting God's ways and God's laws.
The rulers of those nations became their rulers. Their kings, their priests.

This would be a case of the Sons of God, (those that believed in God) came in uton the daughters of men, (Those that did not know God)
becoming unequally yoked with them.
This is where cultures clash. You have the ways of God, intermingling with the ways of the world.
They both can't exist simultaneously in peace because they are opposed to each other.
One way is God's way, His Laws, His rules, His Justice. The other way is man's and how he believes it should be.

"Speaking of strange wives …what is a strange woman whose end is bitter as wormwood? "

A woman, theoretically in the bible represents a church or a congregation, a group of people who all come under one "tent" , one belief system.
So to me a "strange woman" whose end is bitter as wormwood, means it's teachings and it's "religion" is on the broad path away from God and on it's way to hell.

This is how I understand it.
Hugs

thank you for taking time to reply and for sharing how you understand it. ❤️

Reactions: Ziggy

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This will answer your questions

(Luke 20:27-40)

Matthew 22:23-33 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”
They will be like heavenly Angel's. But the fallen Angel's are no longer heavenly Angel's. The quoted verse do not apply to Angel's who left heaven and descended to earth

Reactions: ewq1938

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure experiences were not visions implanted in your mind?

Spirits are not internal to a son of God. A spirit from another human is not looking to dwell in your body. They are demonic and look to posses your mind. They can certainly make you think the Nephilim were a thing related to angels, but that is a lie.

All the word means is giant sons of God. Not a separate race of human/angel offspring.

So the spirits fooled God when He gave the Genesis 6 account to be written in His Word about the angels marrying flesh daughters of man, and their offspring were the giant hybrid race? Your demon association idea is whack.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human form is a genuine body, isn’t it?

God has the image of man, or did you miss Genesis 1:26-27 where He said let Us make man after His Own... image?

Gen 1:26
26 And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
KJV

Know what that means? It means the image of 'man', the outward form and likeness, began with God's Own outward likeness and form in the Heavenly dimension.

This is why angels can appear on earth with that image of man without... having to be born in a flesh body through woman. This also... is why The Bible always shows angels that appeared as males, and even why even the title of all in Christ now are called the "sons of God", even women believers inherit that "sons of God" title. I'm surprised there are still Christian brethren that don't understand this.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good give some answers then

can angels marry?
Can angels have sex?

Not in the heavenly realm, which is where Jesus was pointing to with those of the resurrection.

But the Genesis 6 mating of the sons of God with the daughters of Adam didn't happen in heaven, now did it?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I need to bring the following Scripture up again. It proves the event of Genesis 6 with angels and flesh woman mating and producing a hybrid race known as the giants actually happened:

Isa 26:14
14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast Thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

KJV

That word "deceased" (KJV) is actually the Hebrew word translated elsewhere for the Rephaim. The Rephaim was one of the names for the giants in the valley of Rephaim.

Question: just which of the wicked dead shall never be resurrected?