Can anybody really tell what time it is?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well a time scripturally is a cycle when some thing returns to where it started from like as the gentile world returning to where, or the way it was before the Gospel was spread through out it. or the Israelites retuning to the land of Israel. these are times, the children of Israel (Jacob and family) leaving until the children of Israel returned, or God's Word going out and returning fulfilled to were God says its good. is a time, which time, scholars probably have some notions.

so Israel goes out and comes back. interesting.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@guessman, Jeremiah around 9 years after Daniel's Statue Prophecy gives more details in Jeremiah 50 fills in more of the details concerning the fate of the land of the Chaldeans and tells us that the Land of the Chaldeans will be devastated and desolated by the King of the North of the Greek Empire, one of the manifested heads of the Third beast of Daniel 7 for a period of around 2,000 years which ended just after WW1.

As such the Roman Empire is not the fourth Segment of the Statue Prophecy of Daniel's and therefore the fifth segment cannot be the revived Roman Empire.

But then the Reformation fathers used this prophecy in their fight to break the hold that the Roman Catholic Church had over Christendom and the Reformation fathers demonising of the Roman Catholic Church has created a false interpretation of this prophecy which has been hard to shake off ever since.

The fourth Segment of the Statue that had dominion over the land of the Chaldeans by lines that happened to be drawn on a map to create the Middle eastern Islamic States just happens to be Iraq and we know from recent history of the last 16 years who the king of the north that invaded Iraq/the Land of the Chaldeans in our recent history with a league of twenty nations was.

All of this can be discerned from the Bible and world history.
Although I marvel at people's ability to do so, and although to some degree all things in history that are manifest in the world can be sourced back to their origins on high, there is a caution from Christ that should be taken to heart, that: "It is an evil generation that seeks a sign."

Nonetheless, it is not given to me to deliver such a road map, but rather to give the timing according to God's timeless perspective, and to spiritually discern the interpretation of all parables.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA
My wife's reaction to your post was one of disbelief that you would respond in such a waffling manner to such a simple question. She wonders how you cannot concretely relate anything in the bible so that it makes sense.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I marvel at people's ability to do so, and although to some degree all things in history that are manifest in the world can be sourced back to their origins on high, there is a caution from Christ that should be taken to heart, that: "It is an evil generation that seeks a sign."

Nonetheless, it is not given to me to deliver such a road map, but rather to give the timing according to God's timeless perspective, and to spiritually discern the interpretation of all parables.

"It is an evil generation that seeks a sign" Were the Wise Men following a sign? Did God set the firmament of the heavens for the fixing of signs, seasons, days and years? Did Christ mean: It is an evil generation who seeks signs = will not believe unless they see signs and wonders= meaning proof for them to have faith? The signs of the times- does He not say we will recognize? It is not proof of what we already believe as Christians but rather a signal as to letting us know we are heading into a new or different season , spiritually speaking, NO? I am not supporting JR in this but clearing up what Christ was referring to when he stated :"It is an evil generation that seeks signs". God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

ScottA, it is not a "generation" that seeks a sign but rather an aged which is closer to 1,000 years in duration if we go back to one of the first uses of this Greek word in our Bible (particularly the Greek text).

Our fallible English Tradition leave a lot to be desired and a diligent search of scripture to understand the events of the day does not mean that I am looking for a sign, but rather a conformation that the sign is inline with the scriptures.

Now, concerning my comment re the Daniel 2 statute prophecy and the linking of Jerimiah's words of prophecy concerning the land of the Chaldeans and having discerned that there is a 2,000+ year gap in the Daniel 2 prophecy, it is based on the following. Hidden within Jerimiah 50:39, because of a so called "Technical Scholarly understanding" of how "dowr waadowr" should be translated, it converts a defined period of time into an infinite period of time and changes the actual context of this verse such that the prophecy is lost into the meaningless obscurity of Biblical understanding.

The evidence of the fulfilment of this verse can now be researched and found such as with this article: -

The territory of the modern state of Iraq was defined in 1920 as Mandatory Iraq. It is centered on Lower Mesopotamia (corresponding to historical Babylonia, later also known as ʿIrāq-i ʿArab) but also includes part of Upper Mesopotamia and of the Syrian Desert and the Arabian Desert. Its history includes much of the world's earliest writing, literature, sciences, mathematics, laws and philosophies; hence its common epithet, the Cradle of Civilization. - Source:- History of Iraq - Wikipedia

The article then informs us that it gained independence in 1933 when the Kingdom of Iraq was established.

Then applying this newly revealed understanding concerning the history of the Land of the Chaldeans, to the Statue prophecy, it forces a search for a different "logical" outcome based on the historical evidence which reveals that the Kingdom of Iraq must be the fourth segment of the statue. With this new understanding, we can now identify the "Nation/people groups" that will/have made up the fifth segment of the Statue.

If God had intended there to have been a timeless perspective, then He would have given a timeless perspective to all of the Prophets to record for the prophecies that he asked them to deliver. Where the time perspective of a particular prophecy was important, God provided that time period to the prophets. Otherwise, why would have Jerimiah written a prophecy to Israel in exile telling then that they would be released to return to the land after they had spent 70 years in exile.

ScottA, I have to agree with my wife's views on your "timeless perspective of God," it does not float the boat, so to speak, and is really only wreckage on the sea floor of past misguided views of understandings which are now lost, and have sunk into the depths of our murky past.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It is an evil generation that seeks a sign" Were the Wise Men following a sign? Did God set the firmament of the heavens for the fixing of signs, seasons, days and years? Did Christ mean: It is an evil generation who seeks signs = will not believe unless they see signs and wonders= meaning proof for them to have faith? The signs of the times- does He not say we will recognize? It is not proof of what we already believe as Christians but rather a signal as to letting us know we are heading into a new or different season , spiritually speaking, NO? I am not supporting JR in this but clearing up what Christ was referring to when he stated :"It is an evil generation that seeks signs". God Bless!
@ScottA
My wife's reaction to your post was one of disbelief that you would respond in such a waffling manner to such a simple question. She wonders how you cannot concretely relate anything in the bible so that it makes sense.
That is because this is not the time of "waiting upon the Lord", but of "seeing Him as He is." Therefore, I do not entertain what has already come to pass.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God had intended there to have been a timeless perspective, then He would have given a timeless perspective to all of the Prophets to record for the prophecies that he asked them to deliver. Where the time perspective of a particular prophecy was important, God provided that time period to the prophets. Otherwise, why would have Jerimiah written a prophecy to Israel in exile telling then that they would be released to return to the land after they had spent 70 years in exile.

ScottA, I have to agree with my wife's views on your "timeless perspective of God," it does not float the boat, so to speak, and is really only wreckage on the sea floor of past misguided views of understandings which are now lost, and have sunk into the depths of our murky past
Before my proclaiming this truth, Christ laid the ground work foretelling the folly of men, saying:

"For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

For, men (the flesh) seek the flesh, and the world seeks the world. But the children of God should "see Him as He is", and seek Him where He can be found. Those who do not will be caught unaware.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
at this moment in time where I am its
11/19/2017
12:10PM CST

what time is it where you are?
:)-

Come on..is that the best you can do...can you hear nothing "by the Spirit"?

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is my time line is not the same as yours.
Awhile back I was posting back and forth with another poster & I asked what time it was where the poster was and it turned out that that person was posting on a Monday while I was posting on a Tuesday and yet we both were posting at the same time.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before my proclaiming this truth, Christ laid the ground work foretelling the folly of men, saying:

"For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

For, men (the flesh) seek the flesh, and the world seeks the world. But the children of God should "see Him as He is", and seek Him where He can be found. Those who do not will be caught unaware.

Scott what you are quoting from the Bible is very true, biblically, but your debunking of everybody who are pointing out God's involvement in the unfolding prophetic fabric on man's reference timeline means that in reality you are forcing people away from seeing and sensing God in these unfolding events because of your one eyed approach to the Gospels and your particular understanding of time.

I understand that God's time frame of reference is different to man's reference frame of time, but it is not the only perspective that we should be focused on as you are. People read your posts and see a crank speaking and want noting to do with the message you may be attempting to convey no matter how important your message may be to you.

My understanding of the timeline of the Statue Prophecy is that it started back around 500 B.C. and will be finished at the end of the Millennium Age when the Kings of the earth and their Armies are finally defeated. That means, within mans reference frame of time, that this prophecy is still ongoing. Can people be reached with this message of God's intended handiwork within this prophecy? Yes, if we do not confuse them and muddy the waters for them with your understanding of time.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because this is not the time of "waiting upon the Lord", but of "seeing Him as He is." Therefore, I do not entertain what has already come to pass.
If it is not a time of waiting upon the Lord then why is it important to not fall asleep? Do you know when the thief will come? And what has come to past? And what is seeing Him as He is? This was said concerning HIS RETURN. We will see Him as He is for we shall be like Him. You really screw up scripture and apply it in a nonsensical way.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott what you are quoting from the Bible is very true, biblically, but your debunking of everybody who are pointing out God's involvement in the unfolding prophetic fabric on man's reference timeline means that in reality you are forcing people away from seeing and sensing God in these unfolding events because of your one eyed approach to the Gospels and your particular understanding of time.

I understand that God's time frame of reference is different to man's reference frame of time, but it is not the only perspective that we should be focused on as you are. People read your posts and see a crank speaking and want noting to do with the message you may be attempting to convey no matter how important your message may be to you.

My understanding of the timeline of the Statue Prophecy is that it started back around 500 B.C. and will be finished at the end of the Millennium Age when the Kings of the earth and their Armies are finally defeated. That means, within mans reference frame of time, that this prophecy is still ongoing. Can people be reached with this message of God's intended handiwork within this prophecy? Yes, if we do not confuse them and muddy the waters for them with your understanding of time.
That first paragraph is quite good. Except, then you go about glorifying the misinterpretations of those who would rather believe a lie.

If you will point a finger at me for stating the plain truth, then point away. Whether you do or whether you don't, I prefer the truth as God reveals it, not as men speculate.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is not a time of waiting upon the Lord then why is it important to not fall asleep? Do you know when the thief will come? And what has come to past? And what is seeing Him as He is? This was said concerning HIS RETURN. We will see Him as He is for we shall be like Him. You really screw up scripture and apply it in a nonsensical way.
I walk as one with one foot on the sea and one foot on the land, and you do not even see me as I am. But if I know these things and see the Lord as He is, then why would you speak to me as you do, if you believe what He has said is coming?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That first paragraph is quite good. Except, then you go about glorifying the misinterpretations of those who would rather believe a lie.

If you will point a finger at me for stating the plain truth, then point away. Whether you do or whether you don't, I prefer the truth as God reveals it, not as men speculate.

@ScottA, It seems to me that you believe that only you are right and everyone else is wrong irrespectively of who is seeing God's truth as recorded in the scriptures. Now, I also believe that God is revealing His truth to his faithful servants, as recorded in the Scriptures, particularly with respect to the End Times,

I have, at no time, gone away, from what God has revealed for mankind to understand, from the scriptures

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA, It seems to me that you believe that only you are right and everyone else is wrong irrespectively of who is seeing God's truth as recorded in the scriptures. Now, I also believe that God is revealing His truth to his faithful servants, as recorded in the Scriptures, particularly with respect to the End Times,

I have, at no time, gone away, from what God has revealed for mankind to understand, from the scriptures
Jay,

You are sincere, but just as the truth is not always what it seems, God has foretold both what men perceive to be true and what will actually come to pass. As it is written:

Isaiah 29:14
Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work Among this people, A marvelous work and a wonder; For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jay,

You are sincere, but just as the truth is not always what it seems, God has foretold both what men perceive to be true and what will actually come to pass. As it is written:

Isaiah 29:14
Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work Among this people, A marvelous work and a wonder; For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden.

ScottA, providing a single verse without the context to support your theory does not provide the proof that what you are posting is true. The context of Isaiah 29 needs to be read and understood as a whole as God intends to teach Israel, as a nation, how to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation, in our near future. Isaiah 29 also speaks of two sieges against Israel that will occur in our near and distant futures and after the near future siege, Israel will see the folly of their understanding and wisdom and abandon it and once again embrace God and accept His refreshed covenant offering to become a kingdom of Priests and a Holy nation that was originally made with the Nation of Israel at Mt Sinai before they rebelled.

If you do not have this understanding from the scriptures, then . . . . .

I do, and I find that I am walking contrary to many of the "Christian" soothsayers operating in their own understanding, peddling their theories for "a profit" today.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA, providing a single verse without the context to support your theory does not provide the proof that what you are posting is true. The context of Isaiah 29 needs to be read and understood as a whole as God intends to teach Israel, as a nation, how to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation, in our near future. Isaiah 29 also speaks of two sieges against Israel that will occur in our near and distant futures and after the near future siege, Israel will see the folly of their understanding and wisdom and abandon it and once again embrace God and accept His refreshed covenant offering to become a kingdom of Priests and a Holy nation that was originally made with the Nation of Israel at Mt Sinai before they rebelled.

If you do not have this understanding from the scriptures, then . . . . .

I do, and I find that I am walking contrary to many of the "Christian" soothsayers operating in their own understanding, peddling their theories for "a profit" today.
If the word, which must be discerned spiritually, is all you have, I certainly do understand. But then you would know that sighting a single verse to substantiate the greater revelation of truth is in fact the biblical precedent set by the prophets, Jesus, and the apostles.

Beware the precedent you yourself choose. I have told you the truth.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA Really, Scott, you have told the truth?

I am sorry, but I am not the only one who sees through your posts for what they are worth.