Can the seal be broken? Lack of trust? Grieve the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Ephesians 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

In whom ye also trusted, after that, ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption

No scripture says that the seal cannot be broken.
If it cannot be broken why would Eph 4:30 warn against grieving the Holy Spirit?
Such a warning implies it can be broken.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:13 - ..sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession.. doesn't sound like broken seal to me and neither does sealed unto/for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 1:13 - ..sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession.. doesn't sound like broken seal to me and neither does sealed unto/for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
Jeff Paton addressed this in his article:

Fifty Reasons Why A Saved Person Can NEVER be Lost
And A Brief rebuttal of Each Point

I'll quote from his comments. Blue is the claim he is addressing, red is his response.

7. HE IS SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! Ephesians 1:13; No power in Heaven or earth can break God’s seal.
There is no Scripture verse in Heaven or Earth that says that we cannot break God’s seal! Must they prey on the ignorance of their readers to get them to believe something the Scriptures never say in order to prove their point? Ephesians 4:30 warns us not to grieve the Holy Spirit, the very One who is our Seal. There is no purpose to a warning if there is no danger!

Maybe they should take off their theological glasses long enough so they can stop seeing things that are just not there!

And regarding Eph 4:30
8. HE IS SEALED UNTO THE DAY OF REDEMPTION! Ephesians 4:30; The believer is sealed until the day God redeems his body.
Hogwash! There is not a single reputable translation of Scripture that says “until the day God redeems His body." There is no meaning of sealing "until" the day of redemption! Those theological glasses that they are wearing are putting words and meaning where there is none! We are sealed “for” the day of redemption. Any Greek Lexicon will prove it, and any reputable English version will too!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeff Paton addressed this in his article:

Fifty Reasons Why A Saved Person Can NEVER be Lost
And A Brief rebuttal of Each Point

I'll quote from his comments. Blue is the claim he is addressing, red is his response.

7. HE IS SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! Ephesians 1:13; No power in Heaven or earth can break God’s seal.
There is no Scripture verse in Heaven or Earth that says that we cannot break God’s seal! Must they prey on the ignorance of their readers to get them to believe something the Scriptures never say in order to prove their point? Ephesians 4:30 warns us not to grieve the Holy Spirit, the very One who is our Seal. There is no purpose to a warning if there is no danger!

Maybe they should take off their theological glasses long enough so they can stop seeing things that are just not there!

And regarding Eph 4:30
8. HE IS SEALED UNTO THE DAY OF REDEMPTION! Ephesians 4:30; The believer is sealed until the day God redeems his body.
Hogwash! There is not a single reputable translation of Scripture that says “until the day God redeems His body." There is no meaning of sealing "until" the day of redemption! Those theological glasses that they are wearing are putting words and meaning where there is none! We are sealed “for” the day of redemption. Any Greek Lexicon will prove it, and any reputable English version will too!
Ephesians 1:14 ..until the redemption of the purchased possession.. Ephesians 4:30 - ..sealed unto/for the day of redemption is crystal clear to me, but you are free to go with hogwash and live in fear and bondage to IN-security if you wish.

2 Corinthians 1:22 - who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2 Corinthians 5:5 - Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Guarantee of what? ..guarantee of our inheritance
until the redemption of the purchased possession.. Praise God! :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me, there was a time when I tried desperately to break the seal...but couldn't. I was kicking against the goads...I was only hurting myself. Then I met my Father and that changed everything.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul warns of actions that will disqualify us our inheritance in the Kingdom. He flat out tells us that doing such things will not allow us to ENTER into the Kingdom not just miss out on some rewards. As long as we have faith and believe I thing we are sealed. If we stop believing and fall from grace we give up our inheritance. I think God gives us an example in our eternal security in how he views divorce in a marriage. The only excuse for divorce is unfaithfulness.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 1:14 ..until the redemption of the purchased possession.. Ephesians 4:30 - ..sealed unto/for the day of redemption is crystal clear to me, but you are free to go with hogwash and live in fear and bondage to IN-security if you wish.

2 Corinthians 1:22 - who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2 Corinthians 5:5 - Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Guarantee of what? ..guarantee of our inheritance
until the redemption of the purchased possession.. Praise God! :)

We are sealed "FOR" the day of redemption.
Do you think seals cannot be broken?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sealed unto the day of redemption.

This to be placed under seal of ownership that will maintain the claim of ownership until such time as the rightful owned claims what is owned. "Unto the day of redemption."

Who will countermand God's claim of ownership? Can you challenge God for what He has purchased, and now owns?

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One day I had to go take a drug test for a company. Had to use another persons urine that was clean. That morning, talked to God saying “I don’t believe this going to work, but am going to try it anyway, and whatever you desire Father I will listen to you”.

So you understand that I am trying to cheat and lie to get a job. This was about two months ago, I had relapsed and was using the drug known as weed.

So I get down to the doctor office and already and nervous cause of hearing the splashing around in the place the urine was put. My senses was that of they are going to here and I’ll be caught.

I go back and get my hearing test done, then the drug test itself. Going in to the bathroom I close the door and get everything ready and pour it into the cup. And this lady was right on me, 45 seconds later, come out, you gotta come on out now.

Took the heating pad and threw it in my pocket, and put everything else back where it was, and she looked at my pocket when checking the drug screen…

She said what’s that in your pocket and I pull it out and explain my situation and that I’m trying to get back sober but my pee was dirty and am using someone else’s.

She told me you know I’m gonna have to be truthful on this paper right? I told her I might as walk on out, grabbed my wallet. The lady in the hall was like you done? My response yes I failed, and another lady in the lobby; bye have a good day.

Walking out of there I felt completely, awful, almost demoralized, drained, frustrated and angry, my nerves where shot and that day God taught me a valuable lesson.

You can not gain something though dishonest means…

Grieved the Holy Spirit? Yes you can do that to put in the material sense it’s like a black hole effect that sucks most of the light out of you and leaves in the state mentioned above. Did the Holy Spirit leave? No it did not, I talked with God to resolve myself however it took about a day or two of healing to get back to normalcy.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also can the seal be broken or lost, if you renounce your faith in Christ Jesus and say you don’t believe in God. For the person yes that gift of the Holy Spirit will be taken back; until they repent.

It’s know for God as a good God to give people over to their own desires.

here is proof

“Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:24-25‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any thoughts on God giving people over to their own desires if they want that?

Does that make God a good God? Who allows free choice? I believe it does allow for God to be a Good God, but what is your opinion or thought?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it cannot be broken why would Eph 4:30 warn against grieving the Holy Spirit?

Do you think seals cannot be broken?
(1) men are Not More Powerful Than God!

(2) God-Disapproved glasses are not needed, But God's Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided, Approved Unto Him, Is Absolutely Necessary!

(3)

Precious friend(s), 12 DOZEN Plain And Clear Scriptures Override
one misused as a "going into ETERNAL Condemnation" implication verse!:

God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!

God's Eternal Assurance

Be Encouraged In ALL Truth!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thoughts on God giving people over to their own desires?

Maybe some people never considered God really doing that, so hope that gives you a bit more insight on how God is, when it comes to his goodness.

I believe he also not willingly that any should perish but all to come to repentance towards Him and his Son the Lord Yeshua, even in the afterlife.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sealed unto the day of redemption.

This to be placed under seal of ownership that will maintain the claim of ownership until such time as the rightful owned claims what is owned. "Unto the day of redemption."

Who will countermand God's claim of ownership? Can you challenge God for what He has purchased, and now owns?

Much love!
This however would makes God a respecter of persons. He is not!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No scripture says that the seal cannot be broken. If it cannot be broken why would Eph 4:30 warn against grieving the Holy Spirit? Such a warning implies it can be broken.
No. God's supernatural sealing with the Holy Spirit cannot be reversed or broken, since the seal is "until the day of redemption" (the Resurrection/Rapture).

But God certainly deals with those who grieve the Holy Spirit. Yet the Father-son/daughter relationship remains unbroken (just like in the human condition).

HEBREWS 12: GOD'S CHASTENING IS RESERVED FOR HIS CHILDREN
5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected
us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greaving the Holy Spirit is to cause the Holy Spirit to be saddened. Not that this "breaks God's seal of ownership".

Who is going to tell God no?

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

@marks.