Can We Honor Jesus Christ Through His Mother Mary? a debate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy.
It is 100% exactly what God is saying.

I don't see what evil has to do with this...

Are you accusing me of being a heretic or of heresy?
I would never accuse you of being a heretic - just espousing heresy.
You can't be a heretic if you're not part of His Church.

As for what God said about creating vs. worshiping images - it's 100% clear in Scripture.
Only the WORSHIP of images is prohibited.

If images themselves were sinful - then EVERY picture you've taken with your cell phone, the license you carry in your wallet, every photo of your family on your mantle and every framed painting in your house would be an abomination before God.

You need to learn how to understand Scripture instead of simply quoting it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are tou talking about? It nothing like that question at all!
Sure it is.

Your question is loaded and baseless because God never forbade the creation of images.
He only forbade the creation of images for the purposes of WORSHIPING them.

It's astounding to me how you can't grasp this.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
18Do you have eyes, and not see, and do you have ears, and not hear? And do you not remember?

(spoken to the astounded, i guess)

i mean, you are praying to Mary right. So how can "worship" be far off?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4
15 “Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,

16 lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,

419x268.jpg

popevirgin.gif

Reactions: bbyrd009

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy.

I would never accuse you of being a heretic - just espousing heresy.
You can't be a heretic if you're not part of His Church.

As for what God said about creating vs. worshiping images - it's 100% clear in Scripture.
Only the WORSHIP of images is prohibited.

If images themselves were sinful - then EVERY picture you've taken with your cell phone, the license you carry in your wallet, every photo of your family on your mantle and every framed painting in your house would be an abomination before God.

You need to learn how to understand Scripture instead of simply quoting it.

1. Its not heresy if I have scripture to support it which I do.

2. You do not have a scripure that says its ok as long as its not for worship. You are making an inference and have a few instances where God said it was ok.

Its not necessarily a bad inference, its just not what God said. As for your few instances, I have dealt with that.

3. The part about every picture I've taken: yes absolutely true! And I said that earlier.

4. I consider you saying I need to understand scripture instead of quoting it a personal attack:
Albeit a mild one. I haven't done that to you and I will not put up with it being done to me.

5. I've decided to no longer persue this particular angle of this thread seeing as how it really doesn't matter under grace. A point that only Mungo has seemed to grasp.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Its not heresy if I have scripture to support it which I do.

2. You do not have a scripure that says its ok as long as its not for worship. You are making an inference and have a few instances where God said it was ok.

Its not necessarily a bad inference, its just not what God said. As for your few instances, I have dealt with that.

3. The part about every picture I've taken: yes absolutely true! And I said that earlier.

4. I consider you saying I need to understand scripture instead of quoting it a personal attack:
Albeit a mild one. I haven't done that to you and I will not put up with it being done to me.

5. I've decided to no longer persue this particular angle of this thread seeing as how it really doesn't matter under grace. A point that only Mungo has seemed to grasp.
Face it - you're not leaving this conversation for ANY reason other than frustration, due to the fact that you cannot support your position with Scripture - and I can.

Instead, you make up this nonsense that I have "personally" attacked you by telling you to study the Bible. That is not an attack - it's advice.

You haven't addressed ANY of the points I made about paintings in your home or pictures in your wallet or on your mantle. Instead, you persist in this absurdity that God forbids pictures and statues when He absolutely does not.

You wanna leave the conversation - fine.
Only don't blame me because you couldn't prove your point.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Face it - you're not leaving this conversation for ANY reason other than frustration, due to the fact that you cannot support your position with Scripture - and I can.

Instead, you make up this nonsense that I have "personally" attacked you by telling you to study the Bible. That is not an attack - it's advice.

You haven't addressed ANY of the points I made about paintings in your home or pictures in your wallet or on your mantle. Instead, you persist in this absurdity that God forbids pictures and statues when He absolutely does not.

You wanna leave the conversation - fine.
Only don't blame me because you couldn't prove your point.

You will now be put on my ignore list.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4
15 “Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,

16 lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,
Ignorant nonsense.

Is the First Lady "worshiping" a casket - or showing love for her dead husband?
9ddf53cb692add961bb75bc3248e39de.jpg

Is this woman "worshiping" a photo - or showing love for her son??
367784-3x2-940x627.jpg

The only difference between the pictures I presented and the ones YOU presented - is that you're being dishonest and I'm not . . .

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the First Lady "worshiping" a casket - or showing love for her dead husband?
I've never heard anything from her regarding that incident, so if she is worshiping the casket, at least she's not telling the world that's it ok to do that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard anything from her regarding that incident, so if she is worshiping the casket, at least she's not telling the world that's it ok to do that.
And this is a weak and asinine a response as your initial deceitful post . . .

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the many corpses that litter catholic churches all around the world. They dig up dead bodies and put them on display to be honored.

MTMwNDkzMjY1NzczMzgxNjQy.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the many corpses that litter catholic churches all around the world. They dig up dead bodies and put them on display to be honored.
Yup - honored.
Nothing wrong with that.

Instead of embarrassing yourself by spouting of more ignorance - read your Bible (2 Kings 13:21).

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of embarrassing yourself by spouting of more ignorance - read your Bible (2 Kings 13:21).
2 Kings 13
21 So it was, as they were burying a man, that suddenly they spied a band of raiders; and they put the man in the tomb of Elisha; and when the man was let down and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived and stood on his feet.

Oh yeah, it's all so clear to me now. This verse gives people permission to dig up dead people and put them on display. Why didn't I see that before?