Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I personally have strong opinions and a solid worldview but with that in mind, I also understand that people are going to do what they want.

I try to therefore focus on the most important things and let others figure out the rest for themselves without too much argument.

When it comes to Godliness, my chief concern is whether I'm doing my best, not what others are doing. There's a lot that others do that I don't want for myself, but I also try not to look down on others, since we aren't just stagnant people but were all on a journey.

Going back to the topic, I think it's important to acknowledge that abortion is wrong. But allowing that people are maturing and growing and learning, not every Christian out there may not be cognizant of how abortion conflicts with the Bible.
@Wynona Oh I'm not in favor of abortion.

It does seem that some ppl reserve a similar vehemence against birth control meds, condoms, etc, which they employ in discussions that are specifically about abortion.

But like you say, it's a matter of focusing on our own convictions.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the topic of abortion...

I do not advocate for abortion.

I do believe the Lord God Himself gave men the FREEDOM to make Choices...and mankind himself is accountable FOR his choices.

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

A person who chooses Abortion, has to live with that choice. They be called names, degraded, judged by men. They will feel the regret, the sorrow, the pain.

Yet, I do not believe man against man determines WHO IS, and WHO IS NOT (by the Grace and Power of Gods works)....Saved.

Mark
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Quite confidant, that "believeth" is BELIEF IN the Lord God, (and NOT "belief" IN MEN) and the Baptism is the WORKS of Gods Baptism (not men).

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Oh I'm not in favor of abortion.

It does seem that some ppl reserve a similar vehemence against birth control meds, condoms, etc, which they employ in discussions that are specifically about abortion.

But like you say, it's a matter of focusing on our own convictions.

I do feel like people forget to be humble, by looking down on everyone they disagree with.

In my opinion, part of being Christlike is looking for the good in others and not thinking the worst over every fault you find.

Even if someone was openly non-Christian and pro-choice, my thought is this person is being decieved and needs Jesus just like I did.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do feel like people forget to be humble, by looking down on everyone they disagree with.

In my opinion, part of being Christlike is looking for the good in others and not thinking the worst over every fault you find.

Even if someone was openly non-Christian and pro-choice, my thought is this person is being decieved and needs Jesus just like I did.
Sorry...some people take murdering babies seriously...what is it around 620,000 a year....do you take it seriously? Looking for the good in others that murder babies and support the same? I do not think I will do that. And is it just a disagreement? Disagreement on what to have for desert or if it is Christian to support the murder of babies? Is it really that hard a question?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yipes... Murder IS the Killing of:
An "INDIVIDUAt", "INNOCENT" earthy born man.

IS a fetus, an INDIVIDUAL earthly born man?
No.
IS any earthly born man, INNOCENT?
No.

1st degree premeditated murder, IS a Secular Term, and has NOTHING to do with Spiritual Understanding.

Trying to make "mans" understanding, supercede "spiritual" understanding is the basis for corruption IN this world.
Your response is double talk, and is in support of murdering the unborn, that's what I see

Stand up and be counted if you claim to be a God fearing Christian

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry...some people take murdering babies seriously...what is it around 620,000 a year....do you take it seriously? Looking for the good in others that murder babies and support the same? I do not think I will do that. And is it just a disagreement? Disagreement on what to have for desert or if it is Christian to support the murder of babies? Is it really that hard a question?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do.

I prefer to look for the good in others if there is some.

I take it very seriously that abortion is murder. I volunteer at a pro life care center. I see it as the defining issue of our time.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response is double talk, and is in support of murdering the unborn, that's what I see

I do NOT care for YOUR bandwagon.
I am NOT required to FOLLOW YOU, or DO WHAT YOU DO.

As the Lord gave mankind FREEWILL,
So also DO I support a mans FREEWILL, to make THEIR own choices, and THEY suffer the loss or ENJOY the gain of THEIR own choices.

Stand up and be counted if you claim to be a God fearing Christian

* I have ALREADY MADE my STAND CLEAR.
My STANDING IS "WITH and IN" Christ.
* I have ALREADY MADE my STAND regarding ABORTION CLEAR.
* I DO NOT Advocate or Support Abortions.
* I have ALREADY MADE my STAND CLEAR...
* I Will NOT jump on YOUR Bandwagon and blindly JUDGE people.
* Nor will I Advocate or Support Oppressing a persons Freewill.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do NOT care for YOUR bandwagon.
I am NOT required to FOLLOW YOU, or DO WHAT YOU DO.

So also DO I support a mans FREEWILL, to make THEIR own choices, and THEY suffer the loss or ENJOY the gain of THEIR own choices.

Yep, God gave man a choice in whether to do right or wrong all throughout history.

If there was no choices, everybody would be perfect, Adam and Eve wouldn't have eaten the apple of that tree, Cain wouldn't have murdered Abel, Joseph wouldn't have been sold into slavery by his brothers, David wouldn't have killed Uriah, there would be no pagans, the list goes on and on.

What we see being legalized around the world is the result of choices many people eventually made to support or endorse certain causes.

And

Just because some things have been made legal doesn't mean it's morally right.

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree.

The Teaching of Jesus, IS "speak" His Word.
Scriptural Teaching, IS "speak" His Word.

The "Hearing", of Gods Word, IS left up to individuals; <--- FREEWILL---->
TO HEAR;
TO HEAR and Continue Hearing;
TO HEAR and Reject;
TO STOP Hearing;
TO Advocate AGAINST Hearing Gods Word;
TO Advocate & Promote Wickedness & Evil.

my thought is this person is being decieved and needs Jesus just like I did

Agree.

* A person can be Deceived.
* A person can be Forced.
(Regarding abortions; Who knows how many minor females are FORCED to have an abortion, against their own will? I don't.)...

* Yet MEN, with one fell swoop, are dictating, such minors, or any person forced, fall in with the damned....AS IF....the Grace and Power of the Lord could not ever APPLY to such persons.

* What a heavy burden, men lay upon men...
AS IF...there IS no HOPE "for them"!

Agree.
* JESUS IS Salvation. (Not men)
* JESUS IS the Judge. (Not men)
* JESUS Forgives "AND Forgets". (Not men)

Glory to God,
Taken

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im learning quickly that if I want a Scripture filled and reasoned post, I had better study for myself!

But I do like the contributions that are on topic so far. Its not an easy question to answer.
You are doing well sister. Keep asking the hard questions; keep seeking the scriptures; keep seeking the wisdom of others; and keep believing as you always have.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, God gave man a choice in whether to do right or wrong all throughout history.

If there was no choices, everybody would be perfect, Adam and Eve wouldn't have eaten the apple of that tree, Cain wouldn't have murdered Abel, Joseph wouldn't have been sold into slavery by his brothers, David wouldn't have killed Uriah, there would be no pagans, the list goes on and on.

What we see being legalized around the world is the result of choices a many people eventually made to support or endorse certain causes.

And

PRECISELY!

And WHO gave "governments" "THE AUTHORITY" TO "legislate" MORALILTY issues?

In the US, Governments were established to make a FEW LAWS, for the BENEFIT of ALL PEOPLE...
(not only for the BENEFIT of a SOME.)
When representatives ARE LAWFULLY SEATED....they ARE SEATED...AS SERVANTS of the People...ALL the People.

The Governments in the US, have run rampant Above and Beyond their Authority...
Unlawfully gaining SEATS.
Unlawfully Sitting as DICTATORS...
Who can believe what.
Who can hear what.
Who can gather and Worship.
Who can be married.
Who can co-habitat with whom.
Who can eat what.
Who can wear what.
Who can see what.
Who can travel where.
Who can grow what.
Who can say what.
Who can do what.
Who can manage their own care.
Who can run their household.
Who can raise their children.
The List goes on and on.

And while the People at Large, busy themselves debating and arguing over differences in morality issues...the government reps, busy themselves behind closed and guarded doors...scribbling out MORE and MORE Oppressive, Freedom grabbing, unconstitutional Laws...then say...
"We are here to uphold and enforce the (unconstitutional) Laws, We created"...!!!

Reactions: Stan B

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So also DO I support a mans FREEWILL, to make THEIR own choices
, and THEY suffer the loss or ENJOY the gain of THEIR own choices.
Nor will I Advocate or Support Oppressing a persons Freewill.

"Wow" you openly support the premeditated, 1st degree murder of the innocent unborn

In your statement above, you also opposes law enforcement from suppressing a persons free will of murdering and stealing in the streets

Is a person that allows for and supports those murdering the innocent unborn guilty of the same, "Yes"

Just as those that supported and endorsed the freedom of Barabbas in exchange for Jesus Christ were

Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

My Opinion Is "No"

Last edited: