Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe abortion is a TRESPASS AGAINST a developing mankind of thing.

I Believe SIN is Against God, and ONLY God forgives SIN.
I Believe men TRESPASS Against men and men Absolutely CAN and VIA Precepts, are Instructed to FORGIVE men their TRESPASSES.

PER, a man WHO HAS ACCEPTED the Lord Gods OFFERING.....PER Gods "WAY"...
OF: FORGIVENESS AND CONVERSION...
I Believe IS PERMANENT.

* SHOULD a man...WHO IS CONVERTED:
Stumble, make stupid choices, etc.....
* SEVERAL THINGS SHALL APPLY:
1) that man shall bare his own burden...
(EX. Divorce, lose his family, his home, income, maybe his job, etc.
2) (EX. Commit a crime, ruin his reputation, owe a fine, be incarcerated
3) (EX. Cheat, Lie, Steal...again, the consequences are his burden to bare.
4) HE SHALL "LOSE" SPIRITUAL Blessings and Rewards HE COULD HAVE HAD...."BY" DOING works that "GLORIFY GOD".
5) ALL WORKS (by the Converted or Not)....
THAT DO "NOT" Glorify GOD....
"SHALL BE BURNED".

* WHAT A CONVERTED MAN...
WILL NEVER LOSE...
IS...Gods spirit WITH and IN him.
IS...to ESCAPE Gods WRATH.
IS...the Salvation of his soul.
IS...the Quickening of his spirit.
IS...Gods Promise to Raise his body in Glory.

Glory, Glory, Glory, to our Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God Almighty,

Taken
Abortion Is 1st Degree Premeditated Murder

Your Response Is Turning Readers Eyes Away From This Fact

Reactions: Grailhunter

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion Is 1st Degree Premeditated Murder

Your Response Is Turning Readers Eyes Away From This Fact

Oh yipes... Murder IS the Killing of:
An "INDIVIDUAt", "INNOCENT" earthy born man.

IS a fetus, an INDIVIDUAL earthly born man?
No.
IS any earthly born man, INNOCENT?
No.

1st degree premeditated murder, IS a Secular Term, and has NOTHING to do with Spiritual Understanding.

Trying to make "mans" understanding, supercede "spiritual" understanding is the basis for corruption IN this world.

Reactions: amadeus

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you support pro-choice and abortion and still be a Christian?

I would say that its possible to be a Christian who is saved and be severely wrong on worldview issues. But I could be wrong.

There are a lot of Christians who don't have biblical values. Are all of them not saved?

If not, please explain. I realize the road is narrow but isn't salvation based on the belief in the salvation of Christ and His Lordship and not on having the correct worldview?

I believe abortion is a grave sin, one of the defining moral issues of our time. But I think its possible for someone to hold the wrong view but they simply haven't developed a biblical worldview and be ignorant of its importance.

What do you think?
I think your insight is well-founded. I think someone whom God is saving will eventually become pro-life, but we understand that God forgives and saves people wherever they are and whatever they are at the time of conversion. God is saving sinners, and sinners don't become saints over night. Christian maturity takes time and hard work and dedication and can last over a lifetime. We all experience this, which is why we make allowances for others who are new to the faith. Jesus loves all of his followers, not just those who have conquered the "big sins." He loved us when we first believed and he will continue to love us as we walk in his word.

Blessings Wynona.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so I might be wrong.

My husband and I were discussing it and this verse came to mind.

James 4:4
King James Version

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
What was happening to James' readers at the time? What were the circumstances? What did it look like to have "friendship" with the world during his time?

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What was happening to James' readers at the time? What were the circumstances? What did it look like to have "friendship" with the world during his time?

Good morning to you DEAR ONE... so nice to see you...( well... you know what I mean. LOL )

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call it what it is: murder. Someone who calls themself Christian and believes it is okay to murder an innocent human being is a liar, imo not a Christian.

We are all created Imago Dei, and no murderer will inherit the kingdom of God. What did Jesus say about a millstone tied around the neck of those that harm the little ones?
You make a good point here. I think, however, that Wynona's question is predicated on the view that some who believe in pro-choice are not convinced that the aborted baby is actually, in fact, a baby. (This is why it is so important that pregnant women be shown a sonogram of the baby before making her final choice.) The question we must answer is this. Can God save a woman who, in her ignorance and deception, aborted her baby? Is she forever lost? I don't think so. But I could be wrong. What say you?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning to you DEAR ONE... so nice to see you...( well... you know what I mean. LOL )
Good morning Addy. It is Labor Day here in the United States, a holiday, but I need to do some work this morning before breakfast. I hope all is well with you this fine morning.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is also Labour Day here in Canada...school starts tomorrow. Autumn is here... the weather tells me so... LOL
All is very well with me.

Sorry for the off topic comments... I'm famous for them... LOL

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Autumn is here... the weather tells me so
I hear that.
My body is in sinc with the weather. When it gets creaky and cold ourside, it gets creaky and cold inside.
:)
Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
No.

This is the thing that you are going to get from the leftists and the communists and OSAS crowd. It is not human!

1st degree premeditated murder, IS a Secular Term, and has NOTHING to do with Spiritual Understanding.

You are right the Bible keeps it simple...by words and action....murder is the unjustified killing of another. In this case an innocent that has done no wrong against anyone is being murdered by his or her mother. Oh and by the way I reject the doctrine of Original Sin. Find that phrase in the Bible. Slogan are usually an attempt to get others to believe a lie. Babies are innocent. What is going to happen to those mothers on Judgment Day?

From here it is a general statement...not to any one person.

OSAS --- Once Saved Always Saved --- another slogan, another lie. Once Saved Always Saved is not a denomination, it is a loose belief within some denominations and the church of ones --- It is a modern belief most closely tied to the social attempt to make the Bible more acceptable to the scum bags of society....politically correct. The belief has no connection to Christ, the Apostles, or the Bible. Can you imagine what Christ and the Apostles would say about someone preaching that.... Christianity is a license to sin and heaven will be full of evil. I do not have to imagine because I know what the Bible says about it. Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The topic of abortion is completely irrelevant to the OSAS crowd....which believe that they are guaranteed heaven no matter what they do....They could abort the baby and kill the mother and cook them both and eat them and they still would believe they are going to heaven. Because the precious blood of Christ covers such a thing.....hogwash! Christ is no fool!

For the rest of us that actually believe in Christ and walk the walk....there are so few scenarios where killing a baby is justified that it is a teardrop in the ocean. The blood thirsty creature that salivates over the murder of babies...who is that?...and who is his followers?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the thing that you are going to get from the leftists and the communists and OSAS crowd. It is not human!

So you think it's not human...eh your opinion your words.

In this case an innocent that has done no wrong against anyone is being murdered by his or her mother. Oh and by the way I reject the doctrine of Original Sin.

So? Why tell me? That phrase was not in my post.

What is going to happen to those mothers on Judgment Day?

Same as any Saved Person...given a crown of Life and rewarded for works that glorified God, all other works burned.
Same as any Unsaved Person...all works burned.

OSAS --- Once Saved Always Saved --- another slogan, another lie.

False Preaching. The Lord does NOT LIE.
The Lords works of Conversion "IN" a man are Permanent Once and Forever.

Christianity is a license to sin and heaven will be full of evil.

More of your False Preaching.

...to the OSAS crowd....which believe that you are guaranteed heaven no matter what they do....

* Gods gift of Salvation IS PAID FOR, FOR ALL MEN.
* Gods gift of Salvation IS OFFERED TO ALL men.
* The gift of Salvation GIVEN AN Individual IS FOR the Individuals COMMITTED Heartful BELIEF IN THE LORD GOD.
* The Conversion WORKS OF GOD, IN that ONE individual man, establishes A FOREVER relationship between the Lord God and that ONE MAN...

* "WHERE ARE "YOU" in that equation?" "YOU" Aren't. No one is MAKING a COMMITTED VOW TO BELIEVE IN "YOU"!

All your sniffling is about behaviors "between" people.

For the rest of us that actually believe in Christ and walk the walk....

Some people are Perfect-ED IN Christ...
And apparently some simply brag as if ...
They ARE PERFECT.

there are so few scenarios where killing a baby is justified that it is a teardrop in the ocean.

A child is a gift from God.
Are you as Judgemental on the UnSaved who refuse to receive Gods Gift of Eternal Life, and instead choose Death? Oh, wait....you don't believe God gives a man the gift of eternal Life...

The blood thirsty creature that salivates over the murder of babies who is that?...

Yipes you have some really creepy thoughts...
I could have gone a life-time without reading that garbage.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think it's not human...eh your opinion your words.

You can twist my words all you want it is only going to make you look dishonest....people can see what you are doing.
Babies are human and they are innocent and do not deserve to die.

So? Why tell me? That phrase was not in my post.

Most of that post was a general post. The only part of it that was to you was in response to you saying...
No.
No.

Same as any Saved Person...given a crown of Life and rewarded for works that glorified God, all other works burned.
Same as any Unsaved Person...all works burned.

Everyone know the heresy of all evil goes to heaven. The day you are saved is not Judgment Day and the Bible tells you and everyone else what is going to happen on Judgment Day. Your deeds will be judged. Now you can take a magic marker and line out the scriptures you do not like but that is your Bible...not mine.
* Gods gift of Salvation IS PAID FOR, FOR ALL MEN.
* Gods gift of Salvation IS OFFERED TO ALL men.
* The gift of Salvation GIVEN AN Individual IS FOR the Individuals COMMITTED Heartful BELIEF IN THE LORD GOD.
* The Conversion WORKS OF GOD, IN that ONE individual man, establishes A FOREVER relationship between the Lord God and that ONE MAN...

* "WHERE ARE "YOU" in that equation?" "YOU" Aren't. No one is MAKING a COMMITTED VOW TO BELIEVE IN "YOU"!

All your sniffling is about behaviors "between" people.

Well how many threads on this topic? How many exchanges of the scriptures....you cannot see Satan but you can see his footprints. All those that opposed you and your kind in those threads were standing up for morality....You guys actually condemn those that stand up for morality. Who would do that? What does OSAS stand up for? Sin and sin some more and go to heaven. Christianity is a religion of immorality....that rewards immorality with heaven. That Christ died for us so we could keep on sinning. That God and all the Good people will be condemned to spend eternity with all manner of evil. The funny thing is that druggies believe people do not know they are stoned and you guy think that people cannot see what you are promoting and stand against Christ and the Bible.

Some people are Perfect-ED IN Christ...
And apparently some simply brag as if ...
They ARE PERFECT.

False accusation....but I will consider source. No one standing up for God and morality here or in those threads about OSAS, are calling themselves perfect....twisting words and false accusations and you think no one will notice?....we notice and God notices. You people think you can play Christ for a fool, use the scriptures against him....who would do that?

Yipes you have some really creepy thoughts...
I could have gone a life-time without reading that garbage.

Bringing it home....putting OSAS beliefs in motion in the real....the evil it preaches....the truth about OSAS! Justifying sin, ruining lives, and leading people to hell.

People come to Christ....they come to Christianity to clean up their lives and be right with God. Put at times OSAS people can head them off before they ever start their salvation and direct them down a path to hell. Their lives still messed up and marching down the path to hell. Shame on you! Who's work are you doing? Why would you want to lead them down a path to hell? Misery loves company?

The truth is for Christians that believe in Christ....be good and do good.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God apparently approves of giving mankind the freedom to choose sin.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God apparently approves of giving mankind the freedom to choose sin.
That is a misleading statement since Christ HATES iniquity. So all that can be said and should be said is that God ALLOWS sin and evil on this earth for a season. It will come to an end as we know from Scripture.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who teaches this nonsense? Kindly provide an exact quote from anyone who would dare to preach such rubbish.
LOL I have to assume you are kidding me...It is all over this forum. Read through the thread titles. Thousands of posts...theology...new version of OSAS...Saved by grace through faith...that is Calvinism and OSAS which go hand in hand...there has to be a dozen or so threads with thousands of posts.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can twist my words all you want

Your own words were exactly quoted.

it is only going to make you look dishonest....people can see what you are doing.

Can SEE you trying to SPEAK for others what others DO NOT say...
That's dishonest.

Babies are human and they are innocent and do not deserve to die.

So?

Everyone know the heresy of all evil goes to heaven.

More of YOUR thoughts, YOUR words.
Yipes...the weird things you think and say, and then PRETEND everyone thinks LIKE YOU.

Your deeds will be judged.

No one said otherwise.

Now you can take a magic marker and line out the scriptures ...

More of YOUR thoughts, YOUR words.
Yipes...the weird things you think and say and then INSTRUCT others to DO.

Well how many threads on this topic?

The TOPIC is abortions.
Not once have you quoted me Advocating FOR Abortions....oh, because I do not.

Then you changed the TOPIC to ...
Salvation, OSAS...which I DO believe, IS A GIFT FROM THE Lord, and ONCE GIVEN, it is FOREVER, as THE Lord, IS NEITHER A LIAR, or IGNORANTLY FOOLED, to give HIS GIFT TO FRAUDS.

You guys actually condemn those that stand up for morality.

You are SO FULL OF NONSENSE.
And not once can you quote me "condemning" you for anything.

What does OSAS stand up for?

OSAS, stand for?
Once a man has Received the Lords Gift of Salvation, it is a Gift to that individual FOREVER.

Sin and sin some more and go to heaven.

That is ABSURD!
No where does Scripture teach the Lords Gift of Salvation IS a gift TO:
CONTINUALLY COMMIT Sin!

Anyone with an ounce of grey matter, KNOWS
The natural born man, REQUIRES "no gift" or "permission" from Anyone....to commit SIN.

HERE WE GO AGAIN...MORE of YOUR ABSURD claims...

Christianity is a religion of immorality....that rewards immorality with heaven.

Utterly ABSURD!

Funny...you guy think that people cannot see what you are promoting and stand against Christ and the Bible.

WHAT IS PLAIN TO SEE...
IS WHO THE FRAUD IS:

You are using YOUR OWN THOUGHTS, YOUR OWN WORDS....
Desperately TRYING TO STUFF YOUR NONSENSE in an others mouth...
THEN PRETEND "you" are the "moral saint", of disagreeing with ...
WHAT YOU have claimed FOR another.

It's not rocket science....
You are speaking your words, then disagreeing with your own words!

IT IS "psychobabble"... utter nonsense.

You people think you can play Christ for a fool...

Psychic? You know my thoughts? LOL

use the scriptures against him....

LOL...another absurdity you grasp out of your THOUGHTS.

who would do that?

Obviously...a PSYCHIC...who thinks and speaks for others...NOT ONCE quoting the other saying such utter nonsense!

Bringing it home....putting OSAS beliefs in motion in the real....the evil it preaches....the truth about OSAS! Justifying sin, ruining lives, and leading people to hell.

LOL - more absurdity. Receiving the Lords gift of Salvation....IS NOT A PATHWAY TO HELL!

Shame on you!

WRONG fellow... SHAME ON YOU!

* You make up false claims...blame others for what YOU say.

* You MAKE the Spirit of God, IN A MAN, insignificant....and Proclaim YOUR judgement on a MAN IN CHRIST....(druggies, abortionists, salvation believers....
whatever...)
YOU JUDGE...THE POWER OF GOD IN THOSE PEOPLE....IS A FAIL, by YOUR JUDGEMENTS.

Here's a FACT for YOU.
Greater is He that IS IN ... a man IN CHRIST.
Than he (you) that is IN THE WORLD.

God WORKS His Wonders IN A MAN...
According to God Himself.
You standing on the sidelines, DICTATING, Gods Salvation IN a man, DOES NOT SATISFY YOU...is a problem of your own shameless ego.
I am PRO - The Spirit of God, was Offered to be IN me and I accepted His Gift and TRUST the Lord IS TRUE and FAITHFUL.
(What you trust and believe and promote, being the OPPOSITE, is of NO consequence to me.)
I am PRO - The Spirit of God, IN a man, IS Greater than ALL the nonsense and false claims you make for others.
(Whether or NOT an INDIVIDUAL IN Christ, IS acceptable to YOU...no body cares what YOU accept with your sideline judgements...)

Reactions: Addy