Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I have to assume you are kidding me...It is all over this forum. Read through the thread titles. Thousands of posts...theology...new version of OSAS...Saved by grace through faith...that is Calvinism and OSAS which go hand in hand...there has to be a dozen or so threads with thousands of posts.

LOL....DODGER.
Thousands of posts...yep...and can't quote any...

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a misleading statement since Christ HATES iniquity.

You are clearly misreading and misrepresenting what I said.

I said God gives mankind freedom to choose sin.
That is manifestly true, and the Truth is not misleading.

Reactions: Addy and Taken

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken
I am not speaking for anybody, I am speaking about the heresy of OSAS.
And you are right....the topic is abortion so enough about heresies.
So open yet another thread on OSAS

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....DODGER.
Thousands of posts...yep...and can't quote any...

How many posts debating this topic....10,000 Go look it up yourself...or start another thread on OSAS or Calvinism, it is all about the same.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are clearly misreading and misrepresenting what I said.

I said God gives mankind freedom to choose sin.
That is manifestly true, and the Truth is not misleading.

OP title...
Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

It's a bit of a twist.
"Pro-choice", is a secular term, supposedly to 'only' apply to carrying a developing fetus in the womb....

However, Scripturally, "pro-choice"...is precisely a persons God given FREEWILL, to make choices, ABOUT anything.

No one requires any special "lol license", or "permission".... to FREELY CHOOSE "anything".

Anyone, want to choose; God, satan, what to eat, what to wear, what to listen to, what to believe, what to do, what to not do....
* God does not MAKE or PREVENT....a mans freewill to choose.
* You would have to LOOK at Governments of this world to SEE WHO DICTATATES what a PERSON can and can not believe, do, not do...
* the squatting frauds in DC are daily corrupting, "land of the free", into "a land of the enslaved".

Reactions: Enoch111 and Wynona

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many posts debating this topic....10,000 Go look it up yourself...or start another thread on OSAS or Calvinism, it is all about the same.

Pay attention.
Not debating HOW MANY POSTS..

THE fact is YOU can NOT QUOTE dozens of people making the claims YOU SAY they made.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention.
Not debating HOW MANY POSTS..

THE fact is YOU can NOT QUOTE dozens of people making the claims YOU SAY they made.
There are thousands of them I am not going to copy paste 10,000 posts
Start a thread....no one will be surprised you started another silly thread about OSAS and Calvinism.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken
I am not speaking for anybody,

Sure you do.
You speak FOR people who believe in OSAS...
Then you speak AGAINST what you have CLAIMED FOR THEM.

I am speaking about the heresy of OSAS.

It is one thing, that "your" beliefs are in disagreement with an "others" beliefs.

It is an "entirely other thing", THAT YOU make FASLE CLAIMS "FOR" the one you disagree with.

No body cares that YOUR teaching...implicates the Lord to appear wishy-washy, a liar, untrustworthy...
BY....Giving His Gift of Salvation...
Then Taking BACK His Gift of Salvation.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona So how do you think your thought-provoking thread here is coming along?
Im learning quickly that if I want a Scripture filled and reasoned post, I had better study for myself!

But I do like the contributions that are on topic so far. Its not an easy question to answer.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona You could always also start another thread, say, on the birth-control aspects of reproduction rather than focusing specifically on the abortion aspect; such a discussion might be a bit less acrimonious, maybe?

I doubt that. A lot of people feel strongly on different birth control or all birth control being unGodly.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I doubt that. A lot of people feel strongly on different birth control or all birth control being unGodly.
@Wynona But I mean for example, some birth control meds are used for the primary purpose of regulating cycles; the same med can be used for two entirely different purposes. It would be a real legalist who wanted to oppose the med for all purposes in case someone thought it was being used for birth control...

In the end ppl have to make their own decisions before the Lord, right?

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona But I mean for example, some birth control meds are used for the primary purpose of regulating cycles; the same med can be used for two entirely different purposes. It would be a real legalist who wanted to oppose the med for all purposes in case someone thought it was being used for birth control...

In the end ppl have to make their own decisions before the Lord, right?

I personally have strong opinions and a solid worldview but with that in mind, I also understand that people are going to do what they want.

I try to therefore focus on the most important things and let others figure out the rest for themselves without too much argument.

When it comes to Godliness, my chief concern is whether I'm doing my best, not what others are doing. There's a lot that others do that I don't want for myself, but I also try not to look down on others, since we aren't just stagnant people but were all on a journey.

Going back to the topic, I think it's important to acknowledge that abortion is wrong. But allowing that people are maturing and growing and learning, not every Christian out there may not be cognizant of how abortion conflicts with the Bible.