Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, they've already been posted, geniuses - several times, at that . . .

For the top of the Ark that people bowed and prayed and prostrated themselves in front of . . .
Exod. 25:18-19
"You shall make two cherubim of gold, make them of hammered work at the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub at one end and one cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim of one piece with the mercy seat at its two ends.…

And for the holiest place in the Temple - the Holy of Holies where only the priests could enter to pray and worship . . .
1 Kings 6:23
For the inner sanctuary he made a pair of cherubim out of olive wood, each ten cubits high.

Consider yourselves BOTH Scripturally-spanked . . .

Can you show me the verse stating the cherubim's were carved specifically to be worshiped and served? This is what the crux of what the issue is all about mind you. I'll wait for the scripture, do take your time, it is a big book. In the mean time, please do continue on praying to your idol Mary, bowing down before her 'image', in the hopes that your prayers get answered as your intercessor, although God made it very clear that there is only one intercessor, and that's Jesus Christ.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well will you look at that. They even have statues praying to statues. What do you want to bet this is a teaching aid for children.

fatima_statue.jpg

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well will you look at that. They even have statues praying to statues. What do you want to bet this is a teaching aid for children.

fatima_statue.jpg

Yep, this is their mediator between themselves and God that they pray to, blasphemy of the highest order. You see, this is the difference between a good old Christian church and a catholic church, the former is built to worship and serve God, the latter is built to worship and serve the creation as mediator, and Paul had a lot to say about this veneration of the creation. We'll see how long it takes him to find us those scriptures stating the ark was built to be worshiped and served. There just has to be something there to back up everything he is saying, seeing the stench of his pride has reached the heavens itself.

(Romans 1:20-27) "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: {21} Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. {22} Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, {23} And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. {24} Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: {25} Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. {26} For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: {27} And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me the verse stating the cherubim's were carved specifically to be worshiped and served?

I've asked that question repeatedly and got no response. There is nothing in scripture that permits the bowing down to images. The catholics disagree, but are unable to back their stance.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've asked that question repeatedly and got no response. There is nothing in scripture that permits the bowing down to images. The catholics disagree, but are unable to back their stance.

Why in the actual hell would there be? In the last days, all who worships the image of the beast get tossed into the lake of Fire. Two plus two must always equal four, let reason and logic prevail with the word of God, ignore the carnival hucksters who claim to be believers, and it will begin to make some damn sense. I'm not at all surprised that you never got a straight answer.

Reactions: Job

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You pathetic rants are almost comical - if not sad.
You really need to get into a good Bible Study.
Ever heard teh song, all you need is love.??

Thats why God gave us Jesus, See all teh religion and learning and studying does not add one single "dot" to your salvation. Have you not read.

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Yes a gift that so many want to pay for.

Let me know - I can recommend a couple of excellent Bible studies for you

Can only put it as Paul put it

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Rant complete.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the irony of a Catholic recommending Bible studies, lol
Why?
It was written, compiled and declared Canon by Catholics.

Not ONE Protestant had anything to do with it - other than deleting 7 Books, that is . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever heard teh song, all you need is love.??
Thats why God gave us Jesus, See all teh religion and learning and studying does not add one single "dot" to your salvation. Have you not read.
Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Yes a gift that so many want to pay for.

Can only put it as Paul put it
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Rant complete.
After reading your rant - I can only put it as Jesus put it:
Matt. 22:29
Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

"Nuff said.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me the verse stating the cherubim's were carved specifically to be worshiped and served? This is what the crux of what the issue is all about mind you. I'll wait for the scripture, do take your time, it is a big book. In the mean time, please do continue on praying to your idol Mary, bowing down before her 'image', in the hopes that your prayers get answered as your intercessor, although God made it very clear that there is only one intercessor, and that's Jesus Christ.
The statues of the cherubim weren't worshiped and served - and neither are the statues in Catholic Churches.
Only a liar would make the claim that they are.

And, by the way, my Biblically-bankrupt friend - the Bible NEVER said that there is only one intercessor.
1 Tim. 2:5 says that there is only one MEDIATOR between God and man - the man Christ Jesus - because only HIS blood makes peace between us and the Father.

ALL of us, however, are commanded to be intercessors . . .
Matthew 5:44
Acts 7:60
Romans 10:1-4
2 Corinthians 1:11
Philippians 1:19
Ephesians 6:18
1 Timothy 2:1
James 5:14
Philemon 1:22

And on and on and on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's another lie.
Go back and R*E*A*D post #820, Einstein . . .

And I’m STILL waiting for an response from Dcopymope to my question back in post #789:
HOW
did the Catholic Church "change" the Commandments??

Seems that NONE of you can answer this one, hmmmm?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I’m STILL waiting for an response from Dcopymope to my question back in post #789:
HOW did the Catholic Church "change" the Commandments??

Do you not know how to search for things on the internet? Cut and paste your last question into any search engine and go from there.

You should learn how search out things on your own. Your betters won't always be there to feed you the scriptures.

The information you seek is at your fingertips. Go find it.

k

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am no respecter of persons.

The old testament leadership does not apply to the church. They are "the dead in Christ", we are "the living in Christ."
Moses and Elijah don't count? Matthew 17:3

You are wrong about "the keys' being given to Peter (read further down in chapter 18 - He clarifies that the keys applied to all His disciples, not just Peter). Peter wasn't even the subject of Christ's question of him, Jesus simply used Peter to make his greater point of how He would build His church by revelations from His Father in heaven (that's what it says).
No, that is not what it says. Jesus builds His Church on Peter's personal leadership.
Matthew 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Peter is the focus of the entire discourse.

Peter received binding and loosing authority and the keys as an individual. The Apostles were given just binding and loosing authority, no keys, AS A COLLECTIVE in Matthew 18:18. This is a clear indication of Peter's preeminence.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not know how to search for things on the internet? Cut and paste your last question into any search engine and go from there.
You should learn how search out things on your own. Your betters won't always be there to feed you the scriptures.
The information you seek is at your fingertips. Go find it.k
Actually - I want to hear it from YOU guys.
This is where the false accusation was made so this is where it should be explained.

If you don't know - then just admit it and I'll wait for a response from somebody who isn't quite so ignorant.

To be fair - Dcopymope is the one who made the charge - so Dcopymope should have the courage to explain it.
Besides - I don't think YOU can . . .

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I want to hear it from YOU guys.
This is where the false accusation was made so this is where it should be explained.

I understand your reluctance to step out on your own. You don't want to discover you've wasted your life chasing shadows and talking to rocks. It's easier to live in a state of denial.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your reluctance to step out on your own. You don't want to discover you've wasted your life chasing shadows and talking to rocks. It's easier to live in a state of denial.
In other words - you can't answer the question - which is pretty much what I thought.

Now - let Dcopymope see if he can answer it - or anybody else for that matter . . .