Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, mjr - we're well aware of your many heresies and your patent rejection of His Church.
Rant on, my Scripturally-bankrupt friend . . .
Still shouting, God doesnt need to as you do. But than teh truth hurts, does it not.

I'm not "yelling" at anybody.
"Ylling" in the written form requires the use of exclamations (!!!).

I'm just exposing lies and correcting you.
You are yelling and teh only one that does it, go read your posts, and you are correcting no one, you should really start doing what you tell ever one else to do,

Your religion was rejected centuries ago, but it matter more to you than the truth, and this is for all mens religions

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The great Harlot, mens religions trying to replace our Lord beautiful Bride,

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still shouting, God doesnt need to as you do. But than teh truth hurts, does it not.
You are yelling and teh only one that does it, go read your posts, and you are correcting no one, you should really start doing what you tell ever one else to do,
As I educate you earlier - "yelling" in the written form requires exclamations(!!!) in the English language.
Without them - the use of bolding is simply emphasis.
Your religion was rejected centuries ago, but it matter more to you than the truth, and this is for all mens religions

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The great Harlot, mens religions trying to replace our Lord beautiful Bride,
Since you don't seem to know Christ - I'll explain a thing or two . . .

First of all - most reputable Protestant scholars have long-abandoned the false notion that the "Harlot" is the Catholic Church.
They have come to the realization that she is apostate Jerusalem.
Isaiah 1:21 echoes this sentiment:
"How the faithful city has become a harlot, She who was full of justice! Righteousness once lodged in her, But now murderers."

Maybe you should enroll in a good solid Bible Study . . .

PS -
The Catholic Church was only rejected by Protestant MEN.
That is not the measure of God's decision. It is the tradition of MEN.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I, Mary, decide who is telling The Truth? Only one of you can be telling The Truth, how do I decide?
Mary, if I may...

It is not our prerogative to "decide." Truth "is." If we choose it, it sets us free. If we choose untrue, we remain captive, unable to "know" what is correct and what is not.

So, then, if we are not free and do not know, but merely "believe", it is because we have yet to come into the knowledge of the truth. Belief is the first step in the right direction, but only if we believe what is true. It can be a vicious cycle...and the only way to break the cycle, is prayer. Truth is held in guard by God by a flaming sword. We must appear to Him directly.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS - The Catholic Church was only rejected by Protestant MEN.
That is not the measure of God's decision. It is the tradition of MEN.
Yes the traditions of men what you know all about, but you see BOL, there is not a single person with the Lord today because they where a catholic, they got there because,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Yes a gift some would desparately love to pay for,

and

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

there is only one way, its not mens way.

Far too many christians trying to climb that flag pole so they can grab teh flag and shout, oh look at Me i did it myself, big fail in Gods Kingdom.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not according to Jesus, but according to your misunderstanding. He too prayed before thousands. And now what you have done to me, you have also done to Him.
Dear ScottA,

When did he ever pray for an individual in front of THOUSANDS??

What I have done to you I have done to Him? Are you playing the victim? A martyr?

Oh goodness...Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the traditions of men what you know all about, but you see BOL, there is not a single person with the Lord today because they where a catholic, they got there because,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Yes a gift some would desparately love to pay for,
and
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
there is only one way, its not mens way.
Far too many christians trying to climb that flag pole so they can grab teh flag and shout, oh look at Me i did it myself, big fail in Gods Kingdom.
You cannot be saved while rejecting His Church.

Christ's Church is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
It is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
Jesus compares His Church to His very SELF (Acts 9:4-5).

Only ONE Church fits that bill and only ONE Church has been around since the beginning, 2000 years ago: The Catholic Church.

Your weird sect wasn't there.
The Baptists weren't there.
The Methodists weren't there.
The JW's weren't there.
The Lutherans weren't there.
The Calvinists weren't there.
The Mormons weren't there.

ONLY the Catholic Church was there.

By the way - Did YOU know that there are NO Protestant churches in Israel? ONLY Catholic and Orthodox.
You know WHY?? Because they ONLY allow Christian Churches that originated there.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, if I may...

It is not our prerogative to "decide." Truth "is." If we choose it, it sets us free. If we choose untrue, we remain captive, unable to "know" what is correct and what is not.

So, then, if we are not free and do not know, but merely "believe", it is because we have yet to come into the knowledge of the truth. Belief is the first step in the right direction, but only if we believe what is true. It can be a vicious cycle...and the only way to break the cycle, is prayer. Truth is held in guard by God by a flaming sword. We must appear to Him directly.
You make absolutely ZERO sense. We have yet to come into the knowledge of the TRUTH 2,000 years after Jesus died? Are you being serious? God has hid the truth from us for 2,000 years?

Only if we believe what is true? Are you a Christian or a Buddhist or some other non Christian cult?

I choose the TRUTH that you are completely and utterly wrong in your interpretation of scripture. That is what I choose. Does that make me right? Based on your THEORY I am right and you are wrong. Trust me, I prayed about it and the Holy Spirit told me you are wrong.

You make ZERO sense. I hate to be so bold but I am tired of people twisting scripture.

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the first time I've ever seen someone get rebuked for praying.
Dear Job,

I believe you, since you don't read scripture.

I just quoted Jesus REBUKING people for PUBLIC PRAYER and you say this is the first time you have seen someone get rebuked for prayer?

Really?? o_O

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, if I may...

ScottA,

Only if we believe what is true? Did you grow up in the hippy generation?

Which is true:

Baptism SAVES you?

Baptism is a PUBLIC display of your acceptance of Jesus as your Savior?

Jesus is present in the bread and wine?

Jesus is not present in the bread and wine?

Jesus died on the cross?

Jesus did not die on the cross?

Those are all examples of TRUTHS that Christians hold.

Truth is held in guard by God? What is scripture then? A partial truth; he is guarding the rest of THE TRUTH? You make ZERO sense.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the first time I've ever seen someone get rebuked for praying.

o

Agree, it is only spoken to those who pray in public for effect and not from the heart, ... that Jesus was speaking to here.
If it's good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me. He is our pattern. No one can make a rule out of just one scripture!! ( but they do)
Jesus prayed:-
Matthew 11:25-26

25 "At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank thee O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. "

Luke 3:21-22

21 "Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art My beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."

Luke 11 " And Jesus said to them, `When ye pray, say ye: "Our Father who art in the heavens; hallowed be Thy name: Thy reign come; Thy will come to pass, as in heaven also on earth;
3 our appointed bread be giving us daily;
4 and forgive us our sins, for also we ourselves forgive every one indebted to us; and mayest Thou not bring us into temptation; but do Thou deliver
us from the evil." Young's Literal Translation.

Mark 11 25 "And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

*We could make a rule here that Jesus said that we must stand when we pray!! :)

I personally believe that we do what God's Spirit prompts us to do...at any given time. ✟

Reactions: ScottA and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just quoted Jesus REBUKING people for PUBLIC PRAYER and you say this is the first time you have seen someone get rebuked for prayer?

Mary, Mary, Mary. Before you go getting up in someones face, you should really make sure all your ducks are in a row. Jesus wasn't rebuking people for praying in public when He gave the Sermon on the Mount. He was teaching them. If you had taken the time to actually read what you're teaching, you would've seen that.

May I suggest a correspondence course in reading comprehension.

Here's the passage in question.

Matthew 6
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

p

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Mary, Mary. Before you go getting up in someones face, you should really make sure all your ducks are in a row. Jesus wasn't rebuking people for praying in public when He gave the Sermon on the Mount. He was teaching them. If you had taken the time to actually read what you're teaching, you would've seen that.

Matthew 6
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Hmmmm, that's funny.

In one of your ignorant anti-Catholic rants - you and your cronies said that the Pope was a "hypocrite" because he prayed in Public. That the Mass was evil because it's a public prayer.

The only thing "hypocritical" are your statements

Make up your mind . . .

p

Reactions: Marymog

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear ScottA,

When did he ever pray for an individual in front of THOUSANDS??

What I have done to you I have done to Him? Are you playing the victim? A martyr?

Oh goodness...Mary
I take that back - it was MILLIONS, and now there is a book about it.

Just throwing Jesus back'atcha.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make absolutely ZERO sense. We have yet to come into the knowledge of the TRUTH 2,000 years after Jesus died? Are you being serious? God has hid the truth from us for 2,000 years?

Only if we believe what is true? Are you a Christian or a Buddhist or some other non Christian cult?

I choose the TRUTH that you are completely and utterly wrong in your interpretation of scripture. That is what I choose. Does that make me right? Based on your THEORY I am right and you are wrong. Trust me, I prayed about it and the Holy Spirit told me you are wrong.

You make ZERO sense. I hate to be so bold but I am tired of people twisting scripture.

Mary
Yes, it is obvious the it makes no sense to you. But if God says, "I am", do you not understand? Because I said "Truth is", which is the same thing, only applied to your issue of who to believe. I was trying to help.

So, then, I have only to conclude that you don't like input from me, or from God. In which case, we will leave you alone.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow....

I don't know where to start. So many words. Maybe to many words since it confused me.

You said that you cannot imagine that all God is and all He has to teach and guide us can be contained in a mere physical book. I say I don't know of ANYONE that has ever claimed that they can imagine all that God is and all that He has to teach us. The Catholic Church teaches what you believe; There is more to our faith, what we believe and what we practice than what is contained in Scripture. You agree with the teachings of the Catholic Church; the bible does not have all the answers. But scripture never said it has all the answers.

You also said just think of how many billions of different individuals He has to deal with, all of us different.Takes a more Presence approach than 'Hear, read this, and do that." I say it doesn't matter if He is dealing with 100 people or 100 billion people. It does not matter how different WE are, He is always the same. He is present in Scripture. You seem to be saying He needs to have a presence with each person to guide them or reveal The Truth? I'm confused.

You say that He has PROVEN to you over and over again since 1985 and that his how you know what The Truth is. So I ask you, what if 5 people came up to you and said that what you KNOW is wrong. They say to you that Jesus came to them in a dream also and that they experienced His REAL presence and heard Him and seen Him in that dream. However, what Jesus told those 5 people is completely OPPOSITE of what Jesus told you. How do I, Mary, decide who is telling The Truth? Only one of you can be telling The Truth, how do I decide?

Curious Mary
Hi, sorry about the length, but you asked. It's not easy to put such big things into few words. Are you saying that we don't need the real presence of Him? That all we need is a temple, a priest and the scriptures? How is anyone saved, without having the presence in us ( and us In Him ), what did He die for then, if we are supposedly still as far from His actual presence we always were ?
I am not telling you that you have to believe me, I am trying to share that each of us, you included ought to seek the presence, receive it, and then you get to ask HIM and get answers from HIM, instead of humans, who we can't trust for all the truth all of the time, and thus we get really easy to deceive.
Yes He is always the same, but He can reach us in a million different ways, whether we are believers or not, as it turned out. Don't believe me, believe Him ! We all need that actual assurance in order to become like Him. He says that those of the truth, will recognize the truth when they hear it ( when they are born anew of The Spirit ).
Just do exactly as He said :" Ask, seek and knock." Not something you do to a book. Seek His face :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 6

p
My dear Job,

I agree with you. He was teaching them NOT TO BE HYPOCRITES.

To REBUKE someone is to express sharp disapproval or criticism of someone because of their behavior or actions. The action of PRAYING IN PUBLIC was rebuked by Jesus. He called people that do that HYPOCRITES.

Mary