Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My dear Job,

I agree with you. He was teaching them NOT TO BE HYPOCRITES.

To REBUKE someone is to express sharp disapproval or criticism of someone because of their behavior or actions. The action of PRAYING IN PUBLIC was rebuked by Jesus. He called people that do that HYPOCRITES.

Mary

How on earth you draw that conclusion totally amazes me!!
Good night shirt.
Whoever taught you that sold you a lemon!! That's sad.
We have even prayed openly at Speakers Corner in London when we had an evangelistic outreach there many years ago..so long ago Malcolm X was also there on his soap box. Every creed, religion, and political agenda were gathered there for their causes....quite the experience...we did not close our eyes to pray...too dangerous...pick pockets are rampant .

But no doubt, because we prayed ( that the ears of the gatherers would be opened..etc) in the company of hundreds we are destined for hell!!

So, tell us, what other strange things have you been 'sold'? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Job

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can only follow after your own heart. My communion is with His person, and with others I share the more traditional Bread and Wine. Indeed I have broken bread and had a sip of wine in His honor many times with just myself at home, and with my kids..
You don't have to believe me, you don't HAVE to do anything.......Jesus said :" The work YOU are given to do is to BELIEVE." So just believe Him, you should be fine.
All the best love :)
My dear, dear Pia,

That is not what scripture, the word of God, says.

I am not familiar with the scripture passage that says The work you are given to do is believe. I can't find it in scripture.

What exactly are we to believe? If I am to believe in Him then I shouldn't believe anything you say because what He has said is opposite of what you are currently saying.

Confused Pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just know Him...I don't know what you want from me. You are , as is everyone else, just as capable of receiving from Him, as I did and do.... surely you can't seriously think I am the only one He has done this with...No, NO ! Jesus said :" WHOSOEVER will come to me." So will you ?
Mary you say you are curious, but you are trying to browbeat me, so please can we drop this now, and I don't need you to correct Jesus for me, thanks anyway.......have a nice one
Dear Pia,

I did not mean to upset you. I felt like I was asking legitimate questions. Ones that you could easily answer if Jesus was talking to you. I don't know how I know but I just KNOW that you are completely and utterly wrong. I feel it is the Holy Spirit working in me to help you.

Mary

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not familiar with the scripture passage that says The work you are given to do is believe. I can't find it in scripture.

She may be referring to John 6:
28." Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

29. Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Reactions: Job

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How on earth you draw that conclusion totally amazes me!!
Good night shirt.
Whoever taught you that sold you a lemon!! That's sad.
We have even prayed openly at Speakers Corner in London when we had an evangelistic outreach there many years ago..so long ago Malcolm X was also there on his soap box. Every creed, religion, and political agenda were gathered there for their causes....quite the experience...we did not close our eyes to pray...too dangerous...pick pockets are rampant .

But no doubt, because we prayed ( that the ears of the gatherers would be opened..etc) in the company of hundreds we are destined for hell!!

So, tell us, what other strange things have you been 'sold'? :rolleyes:
Hi ByGrace,

Who said anyone was going to hell? I didn't. How did you come up with that conclusion? Jesus just called them hypocrites. He didn't say they were going to hell. That is a weird conclusion for you to come up with.

I have not been sold any strange things. When I read that part of scripture that is the interpretation that the Holy Spirit guided me to. Are you saying that the Holy Spirit is lieing to me?

Curious Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28." Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

29. Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
I see it now. Thank you. There is A LOT more context to that statement.

Respectfully...Mary

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My dear, dear Pia,

That is not what scripture, the word of God, says.

What exactly are we to believe? If I am to believe in Him then I shouldn't believe anything you say because what He has said is opposite of what you are currently saying.

Confused Pia
See John ^ : 28-29.......Then they said to Him :" What shall we do that we may do the works of God?"
Jesus answered and said unto them :" This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Pia,

I did not mean to upset you. I felt like I was asking legitimate questions. Ones that you could easily answer if Jesus was talking to you. I don't know how I know but I just KNOW that you are completely and utterly wrong. I feel it is the Holy Spirit working in me to help you.

Mary
Well I would rather cling to Him. thanks though

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Pia,

Mary
I shall not be answering whatever other questions you may have. But you should learn to ask and receive the truth directly from Him yourself. End of confusion. what does He say in the Bible :" To who has ears to hear, more will be given." That too is the truth... Believe as you wish, none of my direct business, it's between you and Him. It doesn't upset me, you're just not going to convince me to give Him up.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I shall not be answering whatever other questions you may have. But you should learn to ask and receive the truth directly from Him yourself. End of confusion. what does He say in the Bible :" To who has ears to hear, more will be given." That too is the truth... Believe as you wish, none of my direct business, it's between you and Him. It doesn't upset me, you're just not going to convince me to give Him up.
One little thing too. You say you 'feel' it is the Holy spirit working in you....Believe me, if it was truly the Holy Spirit, you would KNOW it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

"pistis," so "have faith in Him..." is surely a better translation? Belief and faith are conflated by scribes imo, but there is obviously a difference, if satan also "believes" right?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, you DON'T think you have to be part of His Church??
That's NOT what Scripture says:

Col. 1:18
And he is the HEAD of the BODY, the CHURCH; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
If you're not part of the Body - then you're NOT part of Christ.
Your church certainly is not even you have stated is as bad as the rest. Do you really think Jesus will allow, cardinal drug dealers and cardinals who commit sodimy and priests who rape children into His church, who do you think Jesus is???
Do you think that Jesus judges the individual - or judges entire groups on a curve??
Do you have even have a CLUE about that?? I don't think so.

Jesus will judge those cardinals and priests harshly (Matt. 18:6). But, make NO mistake my ignorant friend - we will be judged as individuals - not as a group. There are good people AND bad people within the Church - just as Jesus warned there would be (Matt. 7:15-20). Didn't you know that??

You're trying to judge Christ's Church based on the actions of a few sinners. That's not only anti-Biblical - it's really stupid logic.

Look - instead of just quoting the Bible in post after post - take some time to LEARN what it is saying.
Remember - ignorance is NOT bliss . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes His church not yours that you insist on forcing everyone into at pain of death, in fact many will make it to Heaven on there death bed, no need to partake in mens false religions that make men like you so angry because we choose Christ. We are in His Church because we belong to Him, you are a catholic because you belong to the catholic Church which cannot and will never save anyone, why is it a problem to you that Jesus does not need your religion to save anyone, He did it with the thief on the cross, before you religion was even a bad thought in the minds of men.

By grace you are saved, what do you think will save you???
Ad that's just it - you're NOT in His Church.
You're an angry, lying enemy of His Church - and He won't take that lightly . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See John ^ : 28-29.......Then they said to Him :" What shall we do that we may do the works of God?"
Jesus answered and said unto them :" This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
Dear Pia,

You should read ALL of that chapter instead of the few cherry picked sentences that fit your theory:

30. What SIGN or WORK are you going to do for us Jesus so that we may BELIEVE in you.
31. Our fathers at bread (manna) in the wilderness and this bread came from heaven.
32. Jesus responds; Moses didn't give you that bread. My Father gave it to you and He gives you TRUE bread.
33. The bread that God gives is the bread that gives life to the world.
34. They said to Jesus: Always give us this bread.

Notice they ask for a SIGN or WORK so that they may BELIEVE him. It doesn't say, Just believe and you are going to be OK.

Jesus then says that He is the bread that gives life. You must eat this bread to have life in you. Your two sentence cherry picked quote is not in context. When it is put in context one can see how completely and utterly wrong you are.

NO WHERE in scripture does it say, Just BELIEVE and everything will be OK.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear Pia,

I have been guided by the Holy Spirit since I was 15 years old when I became saved. He has directly talked to me and told me you are wrong and you are very confused. EVERYTHING He has shown me and told me since I was 15 has come true. He has asked me to help guide you to The Truth.

I assure you Pia that you are capable of receiving Him into your life if you just allow him in. I am not the only one that has been given this wisdom from God.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Pia,

You SHALL NOT or is it that you CAN NOT answer those questions? I haven't seen a legitimate answer yet. If you CAN NOT answer those questions maybe we should discuss WHY you can't?

I have been asked to guide you thru scripture so that you may learn The Truth. Are you willing to take that journey with me?

Love, Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi ByGrace,

I have not been sold any strange things. When I read that part of scripture that is the interpretation that the Holy Spirit guided me to. Are you saying that the Holy Spirit is lieing to me?

Curious Mary

Sorry, my bad..
We must all do that which God tells us to do.

The thing is...you say that is the interpretation that the Holy Spirit guided you to.
That was what He was speaking to 'you.' But, we are not called to lay upon someone else what God is speaking to us individually!!
In this thread, you were laying that on backs of others as a rule to follow.

At one time the Holy Spirit woke me up at 4am and told me to pray until 7am.
I never needed an alarm..He always woke me...this happened for a whole year. And then stopped as suddenly as it started.

*My point here being...I did NOT tell the rest of the family that they must get up at 4am and pray until 7am. God was speaking to me, not them.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, my bad..
We must all do that which God tells us to do.

The thing is...you say that is the interpretation that the Holy Spirit guided you to.
That was what He was speaking to 'you.' But, we are not called to lay upon someone else what God is speaking to us individually!!
In this thread, you were laying that on backs of others as a rule to follow.

At one time the Holy Spirit woke me up at 4am and told me to pray until 7am.
I never needed an alarm..He always woke me...this happened for a whole year. And then stopped as suddenly as it started.

*My point here being...I did NOT tell the rest of the family that they must get up at 4am and pray until 7am. God was speaking to me, not them.

Oh Goodness,

I'm freaking out. An apology on this forum. You have stolen my heart. I RARELY see anyone apologize on this forum even when they have CLEARLY said something wrong or said something they should not have said. They usually dig in their heels. I sincerely appreciate your honesty.

I am curious though. How else would one interpret that passage? It seems pretty darn clear to me.

Mary