Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you even paying attention - or do you just like to whine??
My post that YOU reported as "pure flaming" was a response to "Truth's" post #1851, where he/she posted the following anti-Catholic lies:
That the Catholic Church was established by Rome and not Jesus and the Apostles
That Constantine was the first Catholic Pontiff.
That Constantine "melded" paganism with Christianity.

Start paying attention to the posts - or simply stay out of my conversations with others . . .

No. You are here to fight and I am going to call it like I see it

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe that we are being sanctified everyday, whether we know it or not - sinful lives shape the heart and will, as well as lives committed to humility and love. I would not want to be a person who devoted my life to the flesh, with the expectation of converting at the last minute - the last minute has been conditioned by the flesh and will naturally follow its master.
It's a good thing that Jesus disagrees with you - for the sake of the soul of the Thief on the cross . . .

Yes, we SHOULD come to Christ during our life - but that doesn't negate all of the souls that have been saved in the last minutes of life.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a good thing that Jesus disagrees with you - for the sake of the soul of the Thief on the cross . . .

Yes, we SHOULD come to Christ during our life - but that doesn't negate all of the souls that have been saved in the last minutes of life.

Never said deathbed conversions were not possible, now did I BoL?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an asinine statement. So I guess Jesus disagrees with what I never said.....brilliant
No - THIS is an asinine statement - and it's YOURS:
"I would not want to be a person who devoted my life to the flesh, with the expectation of converting at the last minute - the last minute has been conditioned by the flesh and will naturally follow its master."

Every individual is different and every individual's experience with God is different.
This is a blanket statement that cannot possibly be determined by YOU or anybody else..

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - THIS is an asinine statement - and it's YOURS:
"I would not want to be a person who devoted my life to the flesh, with the expectation of converting at the last minute - the last minute has been conditioned by the flesh and will naturally follow its master."

Every individual is different and every individual's experience with God is different.
This is a blanket statement that cannot possibly be determined by YOU or anybody else..

So what you are saying is Jesus isn't the only way to salvation? Hmm....I knew you weren't Catholic, but I didn't know you were such a heretic.

"Every individual is different and every individual's experience with God is different, is not simply the most redundant statement I have read today, it denies Jesus as the only way to God. Nice job!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying is Jesus isn't the only way to salvation? Hmm....I knew you weren't Catholic, but I didn't know you were such a heretic.

"Every individual is different and every individual's experience with God is different, is not simply the most redundant statement I have read today, it denies Jesus as the only way to God. Nice job!
No, it doesn't.

Everybody's conversion to God is different. Only a fool would make a blanket statement implying that those at the end of their lives have a slim chance, if any, because of some predetermined condition.

THAT is an asinine statement and one that is in direct opposition to the teachings of Christ - namely the Parables.
Every read of the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard (Matt. 20:1-16)??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What words would you use to describe the "first sin"?
that is irrelevant to the doctrine of Original Sin, which insists that we are born sinners, as the link which you have not read details. I get the Law of sin and death ok, but the doctrine is a tool used to oppress and degrade.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry BoL,

You exposed yourself. I will pray for your conversation, but that is all I can do.

I accept your apology for misleading the board and bullying everyone ......if I had known you just needed Jesus, I would have done things differently

Pax

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Twist it however you want....It says fear.
lol, you do not have the foggiest idea what "It" says, and neither do i ok; all we get is whatever words the translators/(scribes) decided to use. If you follow the Strong's for the word, which i posted, revere, respect, etc are all perfectly viable alternates. Ergo, "fear" might be the twisting, and not "respect" or "revere," especially given the v about fear which i posted but have now forgotten.

But i am not suggesting that that must be "truth" either, but rather that one must come to some recognition that "fear" is not the best characterization all of the time.

18There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. So the one who fears has not reached perfection in love.

Reactions: pia and aspen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry BoL,
You exposed yourself. I will pray for your conversation, but that is all I can do.

I accept your apology for misleading the board and bullying everyone ......if I had known you just needed Jesus, I would have done things differently

Pax
I never apologized because I'm not the one lying and misrepresenting Scripture here.
Caught you in another one.

Honestly - it's like shootin' fish in a barrel with you anti-Catholics . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 8:21When the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma, He said to Himself, "I will never again curse the ground because of man, even though man's inclination is evil from his youth...
And it not only says that we're BORN in sin - but, that we're CONCEIVED in it . . .

- Psalm 51:5 says that ALL of us come into the world as sinners: “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.”
- Ephesians 2:2 states that ALL of us who are not in Christ are “sons of disobedience.”
- Ephesians 2:3 makes no bones about saying that ALL are “by nature children of wrath.”

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never apologized because I'm not the one lying and misrepresenting Scripture here.
Caught you in another one.

Honestly - it's like shootin' fish in a barrel with you anti-Catholics . . .

Thanks for apologizing once more, but it really is unnecessary. I am praying for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is irrelevant to the doctrine of Original Sin, which insists that we are born sinners, as the link which you have not read details. I get the Law of sin and death ok, but the doctrine is a tool used to oppress and degrade.
Dear sir,

I read it. I disagree with it.

How can the doctrine of original sin oppress and degrade anyone? That doesn't make sense.

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for apologizing once more, but it really is unnecessary. I am praying for you!
Ahhhh, now I see.
You've lost the argument and now you're living in denial.

Pray for faith instead.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get this garbage??

Because you made such an asinine claim - I am challenging you to present documented historical evidence that:
1. That the Catholic Church was established by Rome and not Jesus and the Apostles
2. Constantine
was the first Catholic Pontiff.
2. Constantine "melded" paganism with Christianity.

Finally - neither you nor Stranger nor any other anti-Catholic on this forum understands what a "Rite" of the Catholic Church is - so allow me to educate you.
The different Rites of the Church are basically regional differences based on custom and language - NOT doctrine.
There are no doctrinal differences and they are ALL in communion with the Pope. We are ONE Church.

This is NOTHING like the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects of Protestantism that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of the leader of that particular sect.

You are right I rely didn't know what a Rite was or is, but as far as the rest of my post it will take some time to re-research the info that I researched 13 years ago. then I had an established Library to take advantage of, where I live know has very little resources for the in-depth research needed, I will get back to these statements! Also My Parents were Catholic, to their Passing ! True Paul was the inception of the Faith in Rome, that was long before Constantine, Constantine because of Conflict between the Two factions did bring them together, thus ending Conflict. the Pagan cults out numbered the early believers in Jesus, and were being Persecuted by these Cults, thus no peace in the land!!

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am interested in a discussion about sola fide. Anyone interested?