Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How can the doctrine of original sin oppress and degrade anyone? That doesn't make sense.
ok, yes, it is somewhat difficult to connect that we naturally are suspicious of strangers, etc because of this doctrine, but that can easily be extended to our other relationships once the point is understood. Google could certainly tell you the objections to the doctrine better than i could, but they are essentially that "I'm good, myself, but you i'm not so sure of." Separation. Subject/object relationships, rather than perceiving everyone else as equal.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right I rely didn't know what a Rite was or is, but as far as the rest of my post it will take some time to re-research the info that I researched 13 years ago. then I had an established Library to take advantage of, where I live know has very little resources for the in-depth research needed, I will get back to these statements! Also My Parents were Catholic, to their Passing ! True Paul was the inception of the Faith in Rome, that was long before Constantine, Constantine because of Conflict between the Two factions did bring them together, thus ending Conflict. the Pagan cults out numbered the early believers in Jesus, and were being Persecuted by these Cults, thus no peace in the land!!
Again - I would LOVE to see where you got this unsubstantiated rubbish.
I look forward to reading your researched response.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you get this garbage??

Because you made such an asinine claim - I am challenging you to present documented historical evidence that:
1. That the Catholic Church was established by Rome and not Jesus and the Apostles
2. Constantine
was the first Catholic Pontiff.
2. Constantine "melded" paganism with Christianity.

Finally - neither you nor Stranger nor any other anti-Catholic on this forum understands what a "Rite" of the Catholic Church is - so allow me to educate you.
The different Rites of the Church are basically regional differences based on custom and language - NOT doctrine.
There are no doctrinal differences and they are ALL in communion with the Pope. We are ONE Church.

This is NOTHING like the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects of Protestantism that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of the leader of that particular sect.
Sir, as I wrote before I won't respond to your writings, and I have read a whole bunch by now, but I really think you ought to consider one thing.....Are you aware of being on the side of the ACCUSER????? If not you should get on your knees and ask the Lord to show you why !

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir, as I wrote before I won't respond to your writings, and I have read a whole bunch by now, but I really think you ought to consider one thing.....Are you aware of being on the side of the ACCUSER????? If not you should get on your knees and ask the Lord to show you why !
That's funny - I wasn't responding to you.
I was responding to a post by "Truth".

Besides - I thought you had me on "ignore" . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it where so I would not belong to Him. Why is it teh religious spend so much time dragging people as far from God as they can.

Dear sir. Are you saying that "religious" people do not belong to Him? (When you say religious I assume you mean people who
Could that be you? Dragging people as far from God as they can.

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you know how you make most of us feel :)
My dear Pia,

Glad to hear from you again. It wasn't to long ago that you seemed upset that I kept answering your post to me. Now you are jumping into my conversations with someone else? Lovely.... :)

I think I make you feel frustrated because I ask you legitimate questions. Since you can't answer those questions with logic or back up your bizarre beliefs with scripture, you end the conversation.

If you could answer the questions, you would. But since you can't answer the questions, without showing your lack of knowledge about scripture, you won't.

I would love to bring you to The Truth. Are you ready? This thread is about Catholics. What is the one Catholic doctrine that you disagree with the most?

Love, Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned that Pia refuses to respond when she can't answer with logic or back it up with scripture. I still love her.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned that Pia refuses to respond when she can't answer with logic or back it up with scripture. I still love her.
And I have learned that she supports anti-Catholic lies and the people who spew them - but she hates when those lies are exposed.
I honestly don't know what to think about her.

All I can do is pray for people like that.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I make you feel frustrated because I ask you legitimate questions. Since you can't answer those questions with logic or back up your bizarre beliefs with scripture, you end the conversation.

Love, Mary

I have a different theory

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My dear Pia,

Glad to hear from you again. It wasn't to long ago that you seemed upset that I kept answering your post to me. Now you are jumping into my conversations with someone else? Lovely.... :)

If you could answer the questions, you would. But since you can't answer the questions, without showing your lack of knowledge about scripture, you won't.

I would love to bring you to The Truth. Are you ready? This thread is about Catholics. What is the one Catholic doctrine that you disagree with the most?

Love, Mary
No sweetie, it was just pointless, and I don't have unlimited time each day to be on here, so i am not going to waste all of my time butting heads with anyone. As I stated to you many many times, you must follow your won heart and what you yourself think is right, and hopefully you will seek the Lord for yourself and get to where he wants you. I must say though you did confuse me a whole lot, as you seemed to come from various different directions.
I do wish you all the best, and just so0 you know, I do not send smiley faces to anyone i have a real 'beef' with.
All the best...........

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I had not realized what hitting the 'ignore' button did, so when I saw that I 'unignored'.
Sir, my heart bleeds for you, and I get a strange unpleasant 'suction feeling somewhere in my solar plexus, when I read some of your posts, because you are simply just spewing horrid stuff at people, all of the time. You say you have been doing this for 13 years, right ? How is that working out for you? How many have you 'brought to the truth as you see it '? Is your love for the body growing ? Is your wisdom being added to at all ? On the ' I wasn't responding to you'. Well Sir, do not be a hypocrite now, you have done that a few times also and not just to me.
I understand your commitment, but surely we are all learning until we no longer live here ( and I suspect even after ), but have you learned anything in your 13 years as everyone's 'corrector' ? Or has a single solitary thing 'mjrhealth' has written you, gotten through in any way what so ever? That man has the patience of a 'saint' as they say, and I can say that unequivocally .
I do hope dear BOL that you will try to find an anti-venom for yourself to counteract all the things you come out with, which according to Jesus defile a person ( even if you are not speaking it with your mouth, as I know you would be doing that if we were able to hear you ). Are you too proud to get on your knees before God and ask Him to reveal His Truth to you ? Have you ever done so ?
OK, I have sincerely broken my own word here in contacting you once more, but I do think people are worth the trouble. But I cannot sit through all of your very very long posts saying the same things over and over, and I don't come onto a forum with other Christians, to be belittled and called a liar, as you seem so fond of doing.
Have yourself a wonderful day now..............Peace and Truth in His Holy name Pia

Reactions: Helen and aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had not realized what hitting the 'ignore' button did, so when I saw that I 'unignored'.
Sir, my heart bleeds for you, and I get a strange unpleasant 'suction feeling somewhere in my solar plexus, when I read some of your posts, because you are simply just spewing horrid stuff at people, all of the time. You say you have been doing this for 13 years, right ? How is that working out for you? How many have you 'brought to the truth as you see it '? Is your love for the body growing ? Is your wisdom being added to at all ? On the ' I wasn't responding to you'. Well Sir, do not be a hypocrite now, you have done that a few times also and not just to me.
I understand your commitment, but surely we are all learning until we no longer live here ( and I suspect even after ), but have you learned anything in your 13 years as everyone's 'corrector' ? Or has a single solitary thing 'mjrhealth' has written you, gotten through in any way what so ever? That man has the patience of a 'saint' as they say, and I can say that unequivocally .
I do hope dear BOL that you will try to find an anti-venom for yourself to counteract all the things you come out with, which according to Jesus defile a person ( even if you are not speaking it with your mouth, as I know you would be doing that if we were able to hear you ). Are you too proud to get on your knees before God and ask Him to reveal His Truth to you ? Have you ever done so ?
OK, I have sincerely broken my own word here in contacting you once more, but I do think people are worth the trouble. But I cannot sit through all of your very very long posts saying the same things over and over, and I don't come onto a forum with other Christians, to be belittled and called a liar, as you seem so fond of doing.
Have yourself a wonderful day now..............Peace and Truth in His Holy name Pia

I agree. Claiming to be a defender of a church that has a printed Catechism available for all to reference and is therefore, in no need of a defense full of mockery and name calling....lets everyone see BoL for what his is......just a egoist looking to notch his belt

Reactions: pia