Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had not realized what hitting the 'ignore' button did, so when I saw that I 'unignored'.
Sir, my heart bleeds for you, and I get a strange unpleasant 'suction feeling somewhere in my solar plexus, when I read some of your posts, because you are simply just spewing horrid stuff at people, all of the time. You say you have been doing this for 13 years, right ? How is that working out for you? How many have you 'brought to the truth as you see it '? Is your love for the body growing ? Is your wisdom being added to at all ? On the ' I wasn't responding to you'. Well Sir, do not be a hypocrite now, you have done that a few times also and not just to me.
I understand your commitment, but surely we are all learning until we no longer live here ( and I suspect even after ), but have you learned anything in your 13 years as everyone's 'corrector' ? Or has a single solitary thing 'mjrhealth' has written you, gotten through in any way what so ever? That man has the patience of a 'saint' as they say, and I can say that unequivocally .
I do hope dear BOL that you will try to find an anti-venom for yourself to counteract all the things you come out with, which according to Jesus defile a person ( even if you are not speaking it with your mouth, as I know you would be doing that if we were able to hear you ). Are you too proud to get on your knees before God and ask Him to reveal His Truth to you ? Have you ever done so ?
OK, I have sincerely broken my own word here in contacting you once more, but I do think people are worth the trouble. But I cannot sit through all of your very very long posts saying the same things over and over, and I don't come onto a forum with other Christians, to be belittled and called a liar, as you seem so fond of doing.
Have yourself a wonderful day now..............Peace and Truth in His Holy name Pia
And this is precisely what I'm talking about.

You are probably the ONLY one here who thinks mjrhealth has the patience of a "saint". Any honest Protestant here - and there ARE a small number - can see right through his lies. For you to support his easily-debunked filth is just as shameful as him for posting it.

You can disagree with Catholic teaching all you want but that doesn't give you God's permission to lie. Even if I were a Hindu or a Wiccan - it STILL doesn't give you license to lie about me. To God - a lie is a LIE.

Shame on you for taking part in this endless barrage of anti-Catholic filth.
You don't like being accused of lying? Then knock it off . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Claiming to be a defender of a church that has a printed Catechism available for all to reference and is therefore, in no need of a defense full of mockery and name calling....lets everyone see BoL for what his is......just a egoist looking to notch his belt
No - just an exposer of lies. Everybody has a right to hear the truth.

I'm just pulling the weeds and clearing the field so they can seek the truth - without wading waist deep in the manure you and your anti-Catholic buddies are spreading.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry Stranger. Gotta call them as I see them. It doesn't say they grew silent, became silent or even were silent. It sayd they kept silence. I don't see this as a situation where they were trying to shout Peter down. They at least heard him enough to decide to pay attention and hear Paul out.

I don't believe Peter was a Pope, that he had any kind od supremacy nor do I believe Paul was subject to the council. I loved the point you made that they decided in his favor so he went right on doing what he already was doing. But still... I don't see them raising a ruckus while Peter was speaking
What you mean is you don't believe Peter was a Pope with supremacy according to the evang/nondens definition of pope. I don't either. I'll go with Scripture and centuries of authentic witness, not 21st century conflicting opinions.
THE PRIMACY OF PETER - Scripture Catholic

Last edited by a moderator:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if that was all the doctrine of OS was about i would have absolutely no problem with it--it is what it gets made into, used for that i object to.
Dear Sir,

Based on our discussion about original sin and the points you have made I intend to re-evaluate the Original Sin Doctrine and it's validity.

I will get back with you.

Mary

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Sir,

Based on our discussion about original sin and the points you have made I intend to re-evaluate the Original Sin Doctrine and it's validity.

I will get back with you.

Mary

Since you are in the mood to re-evaluate...
You have posted somewhere that you believe the bread and wine are literally Jesus himself, not figuratively. Is that your belief?
If so, since the Catholic Church states that they (and the Orthodox priests) are the only church which can have a valid Eucharist, have you considered joining the CC?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sweetie, it was just pointless, and I don't have unlimited time each day to be on here, so i am not going to waste all of my time butting heads with anyone. As I stated to you many many times, you must follow your won heart and what you yourself think is right, and hopefully you will seek the Lord for yourself and get to where he wants you. I must say though you did confuse me a whole lot, as you seemed to come from various different directions.
I do wish you all the best, and just so0 you know, I do not send smiley faces to anyone i have a real 'beef' with.
All the best...........
Dear Pia,

I am sorry for upsetting you. I don't know why you have a beef with me. I don't recall saying anything harmful or mean to you. If I have...I apologize.

When I read scripture I don't see where it says I must follow my own heart on what I think is right. I see scripture saying that The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not me. I see scripture saying that unstable people twist scripture to their own destruction. I see scripture saying that if we have our differences we take it to The Church. I don't decide what is right, The Church does. Without the authority of The Church we end up with thousands of different churches teaching hundreds of different doctrines. Those doctrines should be settled just like at The Council of Jerusalem.

I have sought Him and I KNOW I am where the Lord wants me.

Love, Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you are in the mood to re-evaluate...
You have posted somewhere that you believe the bread and wine are literally Jesus himself, not figuratively. Is that your belief? If so, since the Catholic Church states that they (and the Orthodox priests) are the only church which can have a valid Eucharist, have you considered joining the CC?

Jesus said it so I believe it. Paul said it so I believe it. The historical writings that reveal the practices and beliefs of 1st century Christians show that they believe it. The men that spurred the Reformation believed it. It was the men who wanted to reform the Reformers that didn't believe it and want to change 1,500 years of Christian history and twisted scripture to get there. I believe in the Real Presence and nothing will change my mind.

I believe I will become Catholic sooner than later. When I read scripture, match it up with the historical writings of the 1st and 2nd century Christians, archeology, Christian iconography, the different Councils that were held and who was in attendance, the miracles of un-corrupted Eucharist etc. etc., The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church I can trace back to the Apostles.

I have never given much thought to the doctrine of orignal sin. It makes sense to me but I need to research it more.

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without the authority of The Church we end
We have an authority His name is Jesus and He gave us another,

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

why?? Because God knew how man would corrupt everything so He as always sent us a life line, His best, but men prefer second best, religion.

1Jn_5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

You will never find agreement in "church" if you desire teh truth, only place you will find it is in Jesus.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

so we must decide who do we serve. God or man.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Pia,

I am sorry for upsetting you. I don't know why you have a beef with me. I don't recall saying anything harmful or mean to you. If I have...I apologize.

When I read scripture I don't see where it says I must follow my own heart on what I think is right. I see scripture saying that The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not me. I see scripture saying that unstable people twist scripture to their own destruction. I see scripture saying that if we have our differences we take it to The Church. I don't decide what is right, The Church does. Without the authority of The Church we end up with thousands of different churches teaching hundreds of different doctrines. Those doctrines should be settled just like at The Council of Jerusalem.

I have sought Him and I KNOW I am where the Lord wants me.

Love, Mary
Well, then you go the way you feel led. All I have asked you to do, is to let me go my way with my wonderful Savior, and not try so hard to get me into a religious place, which is the last place I want to be. I want to be IN HIM, not IN a religion. Mary, I don't particularly want to start this off again. If you KNOW where the Lord wants you, well who am I to argue with you? As I keep saying, all you can do is follow, what you are so sure is right, and I must do the same. Considering all the various factions of all sorts of religions and doctrines floating about these days, I can only be grateful to the Lord for starting me off, without me having to try to figure out what the Bible meant about one thing or another. Personally I am stoked to have gotten it that way, and when I then finally did get a Bible, and found the things in there, albeit written differently than He spoke ( He spoke to me as you would a small child ) it was astounding to me.
Anyway Mary, whether you are coming from a right heart this time, I still cannot see any point in us continuing these posts, as you made it clear that you think the Holy Spirit appointed you to lead me to Him, I do not need you to do so, so perhaps you can find someone else who would let you do that ?
Have a nice day Pia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary,

I enjoyed reading 'A Cloistered Walk' by Kathleen Norris before I joined th CC. I may have told you this before - she Presbyterian, but decided to become a Benedictine Oblate. I was Presbyterian before I became Catholic - I am a Benedictine Oblate at Mt. Angel Monastery in Oregon. I also enjoyed reading st. Teresa of Avila and early Thomas Merton

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary,

I enjoyed reading 'A Cloistered Walk' by Kathleen Norris before I joined th CC. I may have told you this before - she Presbyterian, but decided to become a Benedictine Oblate. I was Presbyterian before I became Catholic - I am a Benedictine Oblate at Mt. Angel Monastery in Oregon. I also enjoyed reading st. Teresa of Avila and early Thomas Merton

Ever hear of a guy by the name of Slider Steuernol?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was a Priest in the Portland area some years ago, just wondered if you had heard of him. Thanks.

Ok. Just googled him. Yeah, I've never heard of a former married Presbyterian minister becoming catholic - usually it's anglicans or orthodox. I live south of Portland

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would only be because no one listens to you for they see where you come from....
Doesn't really matter if YOU listen to me or not.
You're satisfied with believing in heresy and wallowing in falsehoods.

As I've said a hundred times - my only purpose here is to expose all of the lies from people like YOU so that others seeking the truth won't be seduced by your rubbish. So, YOU can go with your online cult over at aggressivechristianity.net - and I'll stick with Christ's Church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I've said a hundred times - my only purpose here is to expose all of the lies from people like YOU so that others seeking the truth won't be seduced by your rubbish. So, YOU can go with your online cult over at aggressivechristianity.net - and I'll stick with Christ's Church.
Yes you have exposed the lies, in every word you speak, and people are well aware of them, you are fooling no one but yourself, and possibly one or two other people. Oh and you are getting angry again, better stay away from that website seems the truth offends you.

Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?