Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's simply untrue.
As a hateful anti-Catholic - you shoot from the hip without thinking or doing ANY homework.
This ignorance is typical of your kind.

As I explaine dto michaelvpardo - The Pope is not the Head of the Body - Christ is.
The Pope is the head of the earthly Church. In case you forgot - the Body of Christ doesn't just exist on earth - but ALL those who have left this world in Christ as well.

As Christ's vicar - he feeds His Lambs and tends His sheep (John 21:15-19) - and is due the honor for that role, according to Paul (1 Thess. 5:12, 1 Tim. 5:17).
You kid yourself.

"Vicar" is a word used by the Catholics for [as you say] "the head" of the church. You use scriptures when they are convenient, but cannot reconcile them all: "Christ is the head of the church."

So, to say that Christ is still the head after taking that role upon yourselves, even in part - is Antichrist.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually it is He said there is only one way
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

or would you deny God when He says
This is my beloved Son: hear him.

or this bit

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
I gues you dont want to follow Him, thats ok thats between you and Him..
No - I follow Him because I belong to His Body - the Church.
YOU should do the same.

Remember - "hearing" Him means OBEYING Him . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record, disagreeing with Catholic doctrine does not make anyone an anti-catholic hater.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You kid yourself.

"Vicar" is a word used by the Catholics for [as you say] "the head" of the church. You use scriptures when they are convenient, but cannot reconcile them all: "Christ is the head of the church."

So, to say that Christ is still the head after taking that role upon yourselves, even in part - is Antichrist.
That is a statement that could only be made by a person who is completely bankrupt of Scriptural knowledge.

Joseph was not Pharoah - yet he spoke in the name of the Pharoah and had ALL authority over Pharoah's land.
Moses was a vicar of sorts because he was God's mouthpiece on earth.
David was not God - yet he was the earthly head of God's people, Israel.

In the same way - the Pope is not Christ - but he is the earthly head of Christ's Church.
Old Testament types - New Testament fulfillment.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record, disagreeing with Catholic doctrine does not make anyone an anti-catholic hater.
And I have said this MANY times on this forum.

Disagreeing with Catholic doctrine doesn't make you an anti-Catholic.
LYING about what the Church teaches and believes is what makes a person an anti-Catholic.

Disagreeing with Catholic doctrine makes you a Protestant.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope is a little Christ - we are all called to be little Christs - he is our brother

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph was not Pharoah - yet he spoke in the name of the Pharoah and had ALL authority over Pharoah's land.
Moses was a vicar of sorts because he was God's mouthpiece on earth.
David was not God - yet he was the earthly head of God's people, Israel.

In the same way - the Pope is not Christ - but he is the earthly head of Christ's Church.
No...and to say so is a denial of "Christ in us." Which [again] is Antichrist.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - I follow Him because I belong to His Body - the Church.
YOU should do the same.

Remember - "hearing" Him means OBEYING Him . . .
No you belong to teh catholic church, follow the pope whom your church has made head and you follow your catholic doctrines,

this bit

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Col_2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

See we become part of His "Church" when we make Him our Head, Lord of Lords King of kings, you join teh catholic church to become a catholic ask old man.

Remember - "hearing" Him means OBEYING Him . .
Yes why do you not listen to yourself???

And i didnt "shout " once.

Reactions: Job and ScottA

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you belong to teh catholic church, follow the pope whom your church has made head and you follow your catholic doctrines,

this bit

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Col_2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

See we become part of His "Church" when we make Him our Head, Lord of Lords King of kings, you join teh catholic church to become a catholic ask old man.

Yes why do you not listen to yourself???

And i didnt "shout " once.

Good post.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Disagreeing with Catholic doctrine makes you a Protestant.
How can that be. I dont agree with catholic doctrines neither does Hod nor Jesus and we are not protestants, How can God agree with something that disagrees with Him.? Does that make Him a protestant???

1Jn_5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Want teh truth that is where you will find it.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impossible to unknowingly worship someone.

That's not what scripture says.

Matthew 15
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

l

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Old Man. But, what if Catholics are really worshipping a cracker?
I'm guessing that the consequence of worshipping a cracker, instead of God, is eternal destruction. The consequence of not treating the bread and wine as God Himself is ...what? An incomplete, inadequate, faulty worship of God, and probably not leading to eternal destruction?
Not sure about that. Ignoring somebody when they are physically sitting in the building right in your neighborhood is hardly a good way to have a personal relationship with them. But you can place your bet any way you wish. Know that the stakes are infinite.

One of the biggest differences between Catholics and the Bible-only folks is that Catholics are very sacramental--meaning physical. Matter matters because we are both matter and spirit. God deals with us on our terms.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God deals with us on our terms.

You might want to rethink that.

1 Samuel 16
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”