Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there you go again...do you work for CNN? I never said Trump is a Christian as according to doctrines of Christianity....I said he asked for forgiveness....then I asked everyone to PRAY FOR HIS SALVATION.
You will fit right in with CNN as a reporter of fake news!:eek:

I didn't say you said that, I'm saying that. What is going on here?

I stated the fact that you found video of Carson stating that he heard Trump asking God for forgiveness (on a date later than when Trump said he "never asked God for forgiveness for anything", thus Trump changed his heart and ways to ask God for forgiveness)

I didn't know of the statement that Carson made regarding hearing Trump pray for forgiveness, and no one in this thread has brought this up as a counterargument until you just did.

Now that I know this, I retract my belief that Trump is not a Christian based upon the words he stated when he said he "never asked God for forgiveness".

I stated the same thing to you in post #192, and you "liked" it.

I was thanking you for finding the video. I never said that you said anything other than in the post (post #190) in which you posted a link to the video of Carson stating he heard Trump asked for forgivenss.

I used the video you provided as a basis to retract my belief. Where are you getting this "fake news" stuff from? You posted the link in post #190...

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say you said that, I'm saying that. What is going on here? I stated the fact that you found video of Carson stating that he heard Trump asking God for forgiveness (on a date later than when Trump said he "never asked God for forgiveness for anything", thus Trump changed his heart and ways to ask God for forgiveness)

I didn't know of the statement that Carson made regarding hearing Trump pray for forgiveness, and no one in this thread has brought this up as a counterargument until you just did.

Now that I know this, I retract my belief that Trump is not a Christian based upon the words he stated when he said he "never asked God for forgiveness".

I stated the same thing to you in post #192, and you "liked" it.

I was thanking you for finding the video. I never said that you said anything other than in the post in which you posted a link to the video of Carson stating he heard Trump asked for forgivenss.

I used the video you provided as a basis to retract my belief. Where are you getting this "fake news" stuff from? You posted the link in post #190...
My apologies, I did totally misunderstand your point. Please forgive me.

Reactions: 4Jesus

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies, I did totally misunderstand your point. Please forgive me.

Totally forgiven, my fellow brother in Christ. Please forgive me for wasting everyone's time in this thread - I really didn't know that Trump prayed for forgiveness, and that was the foundation for all of my arguments here (and my, now corrected, belief that Trump isn't a Christian). I wish I had the information that you posted earlier.

Anyway, Trump asked God for forgiveness! Wow, I'm blown away, seriously! Now that I can get behind and support.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally forgiven, my fellow brother in Christ. Please forgive me for wasting everyone's time in this thread - I really didn't know that Trump prayed for forgiveness, and that was the foundation for all of my arguments here (and my, now corrected, belief that Trump isn't a Christian). I wish I had the information that you posted earlier.

Anyway, Trump asked God for forgiveness! Wow, I'm blown away, seriously! Now that I can get behind and support.
I am your seester.lol Sister in Christ
And I forgive you!:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoops, my apologies to you, please forgive my assumption - I don't know where I got that you were a guy.
I just went and double checked my profile on my avatar...whew yeah I am still a female.
According to political correctness these days I may be neither male or female! Lol
Manholes are now maintenance holes, man-made is now human-made, craftsman are now artisans......
Whoa wait....it's the males that are losing their identity since female is never used! :eek:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just went and double checked my profile on my avatar...whew yeah I am still a female.
According to political correctness these days I may be neither male or female! Lol
Manholes are now maintenance holes, man-made is now human-made, craftsman are now artisans......
Whoa wait....it's the males that are losing their identity since female is never used! :eek:

Yeah I really don't know where I got that from - and I remembered that I once read that you were a woman once you brought up that you were female.

I'm not used to checking the profiles by clicking on the avatar on posts, so that would've answered that.

Perhaps I just wrote "brother" and didn't proofread that short post, as simple as that.

I can say that it wasn't anything to do with you, that's for sure. Totally my mess up; sorry again.

Regarding your reply, yeah don't get me started. 31 flavors of genders nowadays...I'm suprised they even list our species and don't go with [insert your pronoun here]hole or [whatever you want to be]-made.

Well, us males have had it too good I guess. We are per the Son: perSons, not perDaughters ;)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I really don't know where I got that from - and I remembered that I once read that you were a woman once you brought up that you were female.

I'm not used to checking the profiles by clicking on the avatar on posts, so that would've answered that.

Perhaps I just wrote "brother" and didn't proofread that short post, as simple as that.

I can say that it wasn't anything to do with you, that's for sure. Totally my mess up; sorry again.

Regarding your reply, yeah don't get me started. 31 flavors of genders nowadays...I'm suprised they even list our species and don't go with [insert your pronoun here]hole or [whatever you want to be]-made.

Well, us males have had it too good I guess. We are per the Son: perSons, not perDaughters ;)
I am not offended and rarely do I correct someone. Its all good!:)

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check out the new gender neutral terminology for Berkeley... brother is now sibling. According to them we are siblings in Christ....hahahahahhaaa this insanity is beyond any reasoning!
‘Manholes’ are now ‘maintenance holes’: Berkeley adopts gender neutral language in city code

In that link, I see that you ladies are losing your identity too though: "Firewoman" and "Firewomen" (in addition to "Fireman" and "Firemen" are now "Firefighters". Someone was looking to the future when they used actors and actresses, though that still denotes genders, traditionally. And they didn't list that profession on the list, so either they didn't think of it or aren't changing it *shrug*

And they have to change "pregnant woman" and "pregnant women" to "pregnant employees", ahaha, as if "men" could become pregnant now. I guess according to them, "men" can???

This is outta control...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that link, I see that you ladies are losing your identity too though: "Firewoman" and "Firewomen" (in addition to "Fireman" and "Firemen" are now "Firefighters". Someone was looking to the future when they used actors and actresses, though that still denotes genders, traditionally. And they didn't list that profession on the list, so either they didn't think of it or aren't changing it *shrug*

And they have to change "pregnant woman" and "pregnant women" to "pregnant employees", ahaha, as if "men" could become pregnant now. I guess according to them, "men" can???

This is outta control...
Good call on the actor/actress....someone is going to be offended and sued.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good call on the actor/actress....someone is going to be offended and sued.

That someone will get a huge PR jump too, so it will be either an up-and-comer who needs the publicity or a has-been who also needs the publicity. ;)

They'll definitely maximize profit from it somehow.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How am I hateful if I am praying for Trump to ask Jesus to forgive his sins and save him? Please explain this.

That is not hateful, thus your argument about me being a hypocrit is false. And that is a false accusation.
How indeed. I have told you how.
God will also raise up the beast/antichrist. Are you going to support him/her too, because God raised him/her up? Will you take the mark of the beast because God raised him up?

Your argument is ridiculous. If you do not agree with supporting the beast/antichrist because God raised him up, your whole argument is nullified about supporting Trump because God raised him up.

And I have given credit to God, by stating that I believe God raised Trump up to show that he cannot lead...all the credit to God to once again prove that man cannot rule man. Therefore your accusation that I "have given no credit to God" is false. You have yet again falsely accused me.

Do you not know it is wrong to falsely accuse someone?
Good question. Why don't you ask Jesus if He would go to the cross, then tell Him he too is ridiculous?

Oh...and don't forget to ask Him who is "nullified" in that "ridiculous" scenario, and how your logic is not "belief" but has failed you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to read up on biography/history. I just don't trust the news or media. If someone gets things done, and is a fighter, has similar views to me, then I have seen God use not so good leaders in God's Word to fulfill His purpose. I agree the country itself needs a revival. I also think of the leaders who saw God working and changed themselves, declaring God as one true God. Like Daniel and the lions. So no, this is not a "Christian Nation." So we can't expect to vote in a perfect man of character. I go by the values, because my God is King and I trust Him whether it happens or not.

I am interested in why you do not trust the media? Not saying you should or shouldn’t just curious.

Honestly it seems to me that it is very important to someone, somewhere for us to distrust the media - and it has been so long before Trump came along - even though he is quite fond of perpetuating the idea of fake news.

I know if I were trying to overthrow democracy in a country, I would attack the credibility of the free press, deregulate as many critical services as possible - electricity, healthcare, mail, travel, and all forms of communication, and I would end public schools.

Reactions: Mayflower

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How indeed. I have told you how.
Good question. Why don't you ask Jesus if He would go to the cross, then tell Him he too is ridiculous?

Oh...and don't forget to ask Him who is "nullified" in that "ridiculous" scenario, and how your logic is not "belief" but has failed you.

What are you saying now? That I ask Jesus if He would go to the cross, then tell Him he too is ridiculous? Did you just compare Jesus to the beast/antichrist and Trump?

My point is that it is only Jesus we are to follow and should lead us, how can you compare that to beast/antichrist and Trump?

Jesus is the exception, compared to all of them...don't you agree?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am interested in why you do not trust the media? Not saying you should or shouldn’t just curious.

Honestly it seems to me that it is very important to someone, somewhere for us to distrust the media - and it has been so long before Trump came along - even though he is quite fond of perpetuating the idea of fake news.

I know if I were trying to overthrow democracy in a country, I would attack the credibility of the free press, deregulate as many critical services as possible - electricity, healthcare, mail, travel, and all forms of communication, and I would end public schools.
I researched history of media and presidents and all the way back to George Washington presidents have had to deal with fake news.

Reactions: Mayflower

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's not wrong for God to raise up whoever He wants. Each one is an example of why God-the-Father and God-the-Son should rule here on Earth.

It is wrong to support someone who God raised up who is not a Christian, such as the beast/antichrist, Hitler, Trump, Kim Jong Un, etc.

God raised up Kim Jong Un too Scott, do you support Un too?

How is praying for someone to be saved hate? Please answer this question. This is not hate, that is love, and is as we were called to do. Your accusation is that I hate, which I repeatedly state I do not, proven by my statement that I pray Trump becomes saved by Jesus Christ. Therefore, your false accusation, once again, proves that you have hate towards me - a fellow believer in Jesus Christ.
You have stated your hatred here in writing. Now you ask how it is hate, and are looking to implement me in it.

That's your defense?

Eve did it, right?

Way to go!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I'm a schemer? I'm a calculating hateful person, because I don't believe Trump is a Christian based upon the man's own words?

Is it hate to have prayed for him to be saved? That is not hate.

You really like telling people what to do or what they think or what they feel, don't you.

I won't say I hate him because I don't hate him. That is a false accusation from you. You are clinging to this false belief that I hate him.

You have, when you state, repeatedly, that I hate someone who I don't hate. That is a false accusation.

And now another insult from you: my "accusation" is based upon Trump's own words, not my feelings. You are falsely accusing me now of being feeling based instead of the actual logic base by which I formed this opinion.

You are showing your hatred of me now Scott, a confessed believer in Jesus Christ.
Your actions say otherwise. I just pointed it out. And, no, that makes you the accuser, not me.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have stated your hatred here in writing. Now you ask how it is hate, and are looking to implement me in it.

That's your defense?

Eve did it, right?

Way to go!

I have not stated my hatred here in writing. I never said I hated the man; on the contrary, I stated I have prayed for him to ask God for forgiveness of his sins. That is not hate...

I never once said I hate him, not once!

You must hate me, if you think that I hate someone I stated I don't hate. I plainly state I don't hate the man - I prayed for him!!!!! Praying for someone is not hate!!!

Reactions: aspen