Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing you got right in that mini-rant was the part about him having an ego. Truth is, all politicians seem to, he is just honest and open about his. The other two points are so wrong that it is probably good you don't vote.... being so misinformed.

Two small paragraphs of an opinion is now a "mini-rant", heh. Ok. I didn't write with emotion, by the way, just stated a view I hold, and then facts in the second paragraph. So your charge of a "mini-rant" is false.

Having an ego is the opposite of humble, isn't it?

And what did I get wrong about the other two points? You didn't specify, just stated I was misinformed without anything to back up why I am. Are you saying he didn't mock that disabled reporter and that he isn't boastful?

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen
B

brakelite

Still trying to work out why God needs a pit bull to establish righteousness. Or does the church need a pit bull to gloss over their own inadequacies?
The very well known scripture that says
KJV 2 Chronicles 7
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Is still valid. I'm just not sure that Trump and God are on the same page as far as deciding what is actually unwell in that it needs healing.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two small paragraphs of an opinion is now a "mini-rant", heh. Ok. I didn't write with emotion, by the way, just stated a view I hold, and then facts in the second paragraph. So your charge of a "mini-rant" is false.

Having an ego is the opposite of humble, isn't it?

And what did I get wrong about the other two points? You didn't specify, just stated I was misinformed without anything to back up why I am. Are you saying he didn't mock that disabled reporter and that he isn't boastful?
He absolutely did NOT mock that reporter's disability. The internet has multiple videos of him using that very same "frustrated hand-waving" to describe people for years before what you mention. In one video he is even talking about himself in an interview with his wife, speaking about vacations... describing himself with the same gestures.

The other was a smear tape deliberately held for eleven (11) years to hopefully one day be used against him before it was finally released a month or two prior to the election. Yes, he is a braggadocious New Yorker who has always had a foul mouth.... and doesn't pretend to be something he is not.

Last edited:

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He absolutely did NOT mock that reporter's disability. The internet has multiple videos of him using that very same "frustrated hand-waving" to describe people for years before what you mention. In one video he is even talking about himself in an interview with his wife, speaking about vacations... describing himself with the same gestures.

The optics are not good on that incident. I don't know if he meant to purposely or not, in that once incident. For self-proclaiming "one of the great memories of all time", he didn't remember that reporter very well and how is hand is angled, then positioned it the same way.

The other was a smear tape deliberately held for eleven (11) years to hopefully one day be used against him before it was finally released a month or two prior to the election. Yes, he is a braggadocious New Yorker who has always had a foul mouth.... and doesn't pretend to be something he is not.

So you're saying he was set to become president eleven (11) years prior to his election, since someone deliberately held that tape for just the right time? That makes me wonder who was grooming him to become president for so long...do you know?

Additionally, just because it was a timed release to make him look bad, that doesn't mean he didn't say it and mean it, nor any of the numerous other statements on his views of women, money, etc. Are you saying the timing of the statement being made public negates what was said?

So how was I misinformed that it wasn't just a "smear tape"?

I doubt we'll agree on the reporter.

There are so many other statements we can go through to show his "character", we'd be here all month discussing this.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea how anyone supports someone like Trump, with all of his "grabbing by the" talk, and mocking disabled people (Donald Trump Criticized for Mocking Disabled Reporter), and boasting, on and on and on. Even from a non-religious viewpoint, I wouldn't want to be around someone with an ego that large.
And there's the problem. You don't "have no idea."

If you did actually have an idea that things were a mess...you might have an idea how you might support the idea of someone to clean up that mess.

If you did actually have an idea that things were brutally wicked and mean and hateful...you might have an idea how you might send in the dogs.

If you did actually have an idea that America was once great, founded on godly principles...you might have an idea how the best course of action would be to "Make America Great Again."​

...So, I would encourage you to get out more, to wake up, to get real, to be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.

We did not elect a choir boy, we elected a butcher. On purpose.

Reactions: Willie T

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there's the problem. You don't "have no idea."

If you did actually have an idea that things were a mess...you might have an idea how you might support the idea of someone to clean up that mess.

If you did actually have an idea that things were brutally wicked and mean and hateful...you might have an idea how you might send in the dogs.

If you did actually have an idea that America was once great, founded on godly principles...you might have an idea how the best course of action would be to "Make America Great Again."​

...So, I would encourage you to get out more, to wake up, to get real, to be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.

We did not elect a choir boy, we elected a butcher. On purpose.

I'm not the only Christian who doesn't understand how other Christians support Trump, Scott. So it's not just me who has no idea. So that's not the only problem.

And not supporting Trump does not mean I don't have an idea of what a mess things are. To state that is a false assumption.

I do have more than an idea on how things are "brutally wicked and mean and hateful", I just disagree with you, in that I think Trump is contributing to the problem.

I do know the principles of what the USA was founded on. Yet another false assumption that I do not, from you. And just because I don't think the best course of action to "MAGA" is the same as yours, does not mean I don't have any idea about it, it is just different than yours.

You encourage me to "get out more"? How could you possible know how much I "get out"? Please explain this to me. And just because I do not agree with you and your political views, how does that mean I am "not real" and "part of the problem"? Perhaps your views are "not real", that you are being deceived by an antichrist, and that you are "part of the problem".

You elected a "butcher", and I'm part of the problem...well, at least you admit helping a butcher. That isn't very Christ-like, is it?

And please do not take my words out of context, as you did when you stated this "And there's the problem. You don't "have no idea."" Finish the context please, as "I have no idea how anyone supports someone like Trump". But now I see why you support Trump, you elected a "butcher". Real nice leader you have there, a butcher, heh.

Perhaps you should leave it to Jesus, Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war."

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The optics are not good on that incident. I don't know if he meant to purposely or not, in that once incident. For self-proclaiming "one of the great memories of all time", he didn't remember that reporter very well and how is hand is angled, then positioned it the same way.

So you're saying he was set to become president eleven (11) years prior to his election, since someone deliberately held that tape for just the right time? That makes me wonder who was grooming him to become president for so long...do you know?

Additionally, just because it was a timed release to make him look bad, that doesn't mean he didn't say it and mean it, nor any of the numerous other statements on his views of women, money, etc. Are you saying the timing of the statement being made public negates what was said?

So how was I misinformed that it wasn't just a "smear tape"?

I doubt we'll agree on the reporter.

There are so many other statements we can go through to show his "character", we'd be here all month discussing this.
You can't be that dense. Someone held onto THAT tape just like they do tapes and videos of ALL rich and powerful people. They can almost all be worth money one day. (Their motives have nothing to do with politics.)

Actually, just about every statement you made in the post I just quoted makes me seriously doubt your ability to comprehend things very accurately. I just got through saying he has a foul mouth, and that he doesn't deny that fact.

Last edited:

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not dense, you stated the tape was held onto by someone for 11 years to be used against him when he ran for president, so who was it that knew he would be president, or at least run for president? If you're now saying all tapes are held on all rich people, which I can see, still does not negate what he said/says.

And you still haven't addressed the fact that the timing of the release of the tape negates what he says. Care to address that? And how does me stating that what he stated, in my view, makes him not a good person, is misinformed? How is that misinformed?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not dense, you stated the tape was held onto by someone for 11 years to be used against him when he ran for president, so who was it that knew he would be president, or at least run for president? If you're now saying all tapes are held on all rich people, which I can see, still does not negate what he said/says.

And you still haven't addressed the fact that the timing of the release of the tape negates what he says. Care to address that? And how does me stating that what he stated, in my view, makes him not a good person, is misinformed? How is that misinformed?
Goodness, you are even thicker than I first thought. I can't imagine what your poor mind thought you read.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*4Jesus*,
Do you even know what a "butcher" does? He TRIMS FAT away to make a meat product more valuable.

And now you think I don't know what a butcher does. Wow, that is an unbelievably arrogant thought. Best of luck with your leader.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness, you are even thicker than I first thought. I can't imagine what your poor mind thought you read.

And more insults from you; you do that a lot, don't you? And you still not address how the timing of a release of a statement negates what was stated...and you think I have a poor mind, heh.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be that dense. Someone held onto THAT tape just like they do tapes and videos of ALL rich and powerful people. They can almost all be worth money one day. (Their motives have nothing to do with politics.)

You don't think I can comprehend accurately, when you just stated that the motive of hanging onto a tape to gain money from, and sway public opinion, when a rich person becomes involved in politics, has nothing to do with politics...heh.

Actually, just about every statement you made in the post I just quoted makes me seriously doubt your ability to comprehend things very accurately. I just got through saying he has a foul mouth, and that he doesn't deny that fact.

Ok, glad you agree that I wasn't misinformed about his "foul mouth", and his boasting. So that leaves one of the three examples I used as being misinformed, and we just happen to disagree on what went through his head when he talked about the reporter. So I'm not misinformed on two of the three examples (foul mouth, boasting, reporter mocked/mimicked).

And you doubt that I'm able to comprehend accurately; you might want to check a mirror with that statement.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are they in bed, so to speak, with large corporations like they seem to be in North America?
I don't think they are supposed to be but who has total integrity these days?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think they are supposed to be but who has total integrity these days?
Seems to me CIA/Wall Street want NAFTA; and big corporations are likely to want - and try to get (via Sir Humphrey and the men in the shadows with corporation links) - the EU, whatever anyone in the electorate thinks...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You elected a "butcher", and I'm part of the problem...well, at least you admit helping a butcher. That isn't very Christ-like, is it?
I don't believe you took that statement as it was meant to be taken. It was a bit of a hyperbole.

What Scott probably meant is that Trump was determined to terminate all the evil that had been created by Obama while he was in office, including his treasonous support for Iran and ISIS. Trump did promise to drain the Swamp, but whether he succeeded remains to be proven.

Regardless of Mr. Trump's follies and foibles, the bottom line was (1) to either elect a man who had every intention to *Make America Great Again* (in a secular sense), or (2) to elect an evil woman (actually a witch) who was determined to destroy America. So Christians could vote for him in good conscience, since the destruction of America would mean the end of the free world, including religious liberty.

All these rants about Trump mean nothing in light of the plans that Obama and Hillary had after they corrupted the government. They both should have already been behind bars. The Mueller Witch Hunt should have been shut down on day one, and a special commission set up to investigate the Democrats and their treason.

Reactions: ScottA and Willie T

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you took that statement as it was meant to be taken. It was a bit of a hyperbole.

I don't think I mistook that statement, nor was it hyperbole, as Scott also mentioned to "send in the dogs". Is his whole opinion hyperbole then?

Also, to combat the "brutally wicked and mean and hateful" world, you support someone who is mean and hateful? Was that Jesus' way? And if Trump really isn't a Christian ("never asked God for forgiveness of anything"), isn't Trump also the wicked you are trying to combat? In effect, being a part of the problem you are trying to solve?

What Scott probably meant is that Trump was determined to terminate all the evil that had been created by Obama while he was in office, including his treasonous support for Iran and ISIS. Trump did promise to drain the Swamp, but whether he succeeded remains to be proven.

Sure, I have no doubt that most Christians who voted for him, did so for this reasoning. I just disagree that Trump isn't a part of the same swamp he wants to drain.

Regardless of Mr. Trump's follies and foibles, the bottom line was (1) to either elect a man who had every intention to *Make America Great Again* (in a secular sense), or (2) to elect an evil woman (actually a witch) who was determined to destroy America. So Christians could vote for him in good conscience, since the destruction of America would mean the end of the free world, including religious liberty.

I'm different, I admit it. I think the end of this world will occur no matter what, as God-the-Father and God-the-Son stated so in the book of Revelation, and that includes the USA. I have no doubt that religious freedom will cease at some point, and all who do not take the mark of the beast and worship satan will be killed: Revelation 13:15 "And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many would not worship the image of the beast should be killed". Whether that happens now or at a later time, with this president or another, it all ends the same to me. And no one can compare to Jesus leading in the milinium kingdom.

My opinion is that Trump is deceiving Christians, and is an antichrist, and not who they thought he is.

All these rants about Trump mean nothing in light of the plans that Obama and Hillary had after they corrupted the government. They both should have already been behind bars. The Mueller Witch Hunt should have been shut down on day one, and a special commission set up to investigate the Democrats and their treason.

I think Trump, Obama, and Hillary will end up in Hell/Lake of Fire - much worse than behind bars. And that Christians shouldn't follow/support/defend any of them, antichrists all of them. Of course it's their opinion to follow/support/defend them, but I have my opinion also which is based on statements made by each of them.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admire Obama. I cannot say the same for Bill Clinton. I pray for our leaders - especially that America will be delivered from Trump ;)

Reactions: Pearl