Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil does not "just sit"... he prowls about like a lion seeking whom he may devour,
and he gets many.
Miracles? Of course. Other things ? Of course.... anything to deceive and destroy souls.

Reactions: Nancy

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message of Dana Coverstone might be attractive to a culture that openly rejects the Bible and is consumed with a love for mysticism fueled by postmodernism, but it’s an assault upon the sufficiency of God’s Word.
I have no idea who Dana Coverstone is. But belief in miracles isn't mysticism.
People who believe in miracles aren't rejecting the Bible, just the opposite.

27 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
Mark 9:23

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the 'still small voice', that voice in my mind when God is speaking to me? Conversations with the Creator? What are your thoughts on that?

Much love!
Can't happen in a cessanists world.
God only talks through scripture in their world.

Reactions: historyb

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the 'still small voice', that voice in my mind when God is speaking to me? Conversations with the Creator? What are your thoughts on that?

Much love!
This is a bit different. We all have thoughts that come from ourselves.
We have a biblically educated conscience. We commune with God in prayer.
You wake up in the middle of the night and a person, a friend, a family member comes to mind. We pray for them...Does this mean that it has to be a sign gift?
Can you tell if the thought is from God, an angel, or your own mind?
The still small voice that we know about from scripture What doest thou here Elijah was spoken to a prophet.
Now we cannot rule out Divine activity working through our prayer, our conscience, and the word in our heart.
Random messages, impulses, dreams, no.
In scripture, God spoke to the ungodly Abimelech threatening his life, in order to protect the godly line.
20 And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.

2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.

3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?

5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.

6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

8 Therefore Abimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid.

9 Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.

10 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing?

11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.

Revelation was not yet complete,
Heb1:
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
God has spoken in many ways in times past, He did not forget to tell us anything.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Eat yogurt. And eat figs".

That was the message that came to me one day as I lay in bed, sick to the point of wasting away, skin and bones, sick to the point of not being able to see what was happening to me, but that afternoon I realized, If I didn't get out of this bed and eat something I would die in it! Food had no appeal to me! Eating made me feel sick. The act of eating was painful.

I was in constant muscles spasms triggered by nerve pain, and simply too much time in bed.

I lay there, literally despondant over the idea of having to eat . . . praying . . . then, "Eat yogurt. And eat figs." The thought came full formed into my mind, and I didn't really have any question of where it came from.

Yogurt . . . I understood that! I immediated felt foolish for not having thought of that. But figs? I'd never had a fig in my life! I'd had fig newtons, but they weren't that great.

But hey, I could do that! So I got myself up, to the store, bought yogurt, and bought figs. And I began to eat. It turned out I love figs! I eat them all the time now, literally they are my go-to snack, along with almonds.

But the thing is . . . Figs are known for being good for rebuilding bone and muscle tissue, and repairing nerve damage. They were exactly what I needed! And with the mass quantities I was eating - they are sweet as honey at times - I began to experience the restoration of my body.

The Bible doesn't cover these little life needs. Nothing in there tells me what to eat for this or that condition. But God tells me.

This doesn't mean that Scripture is somehow lacking. I live by that Book! But I also eat figs.

Much love!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we cannot rule out Divine activity working through our prayer, our conscience, and the word in our heart.
What is random and what isn't? If God speaks to me without using a Bible verse, but the message doesn't contradict scripture, is that random?
If God shows me his power through nature, as the Bible confirms he does, isn't that a revelation apart from scripture?
If God speaks to me through a song that doesn't contradict scripture, but isn't explicitly scripture, is that random or real?
If someone requests prayer, and we lay hands on them and pray, and God answers the prayer, isn't that a miracle? It's surely a sign to others about God's power, isn't it? And yet that's exactly what we're told to do in the Bible.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="marks, post: 796204, member: 7985"]"Eat yogurt. And eat figs".

That was the message that came to me one day as I lay in bed, sick to the point of wasting away, skin and bones, sick to the point of not being able to see what was happening to me, but that afternoon I realized, If I didn't get out of this bed and eat something I would die in it! Food had no appeal to me! Eating made me feel sick. The act of eating was painful.

I was in constant muscles spasms triggered by nerve pain, and simply too much time in bed.

I lay there, literally despondant over the idea of having to eat . . . praying . . . then, "Eat yogurt. And eat figs." The thought came full formed into my mind, and I didn't really have any question of where it came from.

Yogurt . . . I understood that! I immediated felt foolish for not having thought of that. But figs? I'd never had a fig in my life! I'd had fig newtons, but they weren't that great.

But hey, I could do that! So I got myself up, to the store, bought yogurt, and bought figs. And I began to eat. It turned out I love figs! I eat them all the time now, literally they are my go-to snack, along with almonds.

But the thing is . . . Figs are known for being good for rebuilding bone and muscle tissue, and repairing nerve damage. They were exactly what I needed! And with the mass quantities I was eating - they are sweet as honey at times - I began to experience the restoration of my body.

The Bible doesn't cover these little life needs. Nothing in there tells me what to eat for this or that condition. But God tells me.

This doesn't mean that Scripture is somehow lacking. I live by that Book! But I also eat figs.

Much love![/QUOTE
====================================================
The honest 'doctors' have been saying this for centuries.
They have been banned by the fda/ama/cdc/ and overall phrmk and perhaps most governments... (the ones who push or require toxins , forbid naturals whenever they can , ) ....

But the info is still truth.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Benjamin Warfield;

[Miraculous gifts] were not for the possession of the primitive Christian as such; nor for that matter of the Apostolic Church or the Apostolic age for themselves; they were distinctively the authentication of the Apostles. They were part of the credentials of the apostles as the authoritative agents of God in founding the church. Their function thus confirmed them to distinctively the Apostolic Church, and they necessarily passed away with it. [3]

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they follow Him in His word.
In Romans 2, even gentiles who do not have 'His Word'/. do not have 'Torah', are justified when they DO Torah - showing that He has written Torah on their hearts.
While those who HAVE a Bible / Torah/ , but do not DO what HE says, remain UNjustified.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those gifts were temporary to credential the Apostles and Prophets as spokesmen for God, in completeing the revelation we need.,as Jesus explained to THEM;
Watch;

JOHN14:
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

Jesus was speaking to them face to face.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,
he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This was promised to
THEM firsthand so we would get all Jesus intended for us to know.

John15:

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Jn16:
16 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

Only the Apostles;

Jn16:

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine,
and shall shew it unto you.

acts4;

25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
acts5

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

There is absolutely no evidence in the bible that prove that the sign gifts or any gifts have died out with the Apostles. Believers who do not move in the gifts due to this false doctrine, hinder the movement of the Holy Spirit's work in the lives of others, it pretty much assists the devil in ensuring that God's power on earth is made defunct due to unbelieving theologies like your own.

John 14
12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

There is something wrong with your theology if you believe that Jesus was just talking to Philip only. If he were directly talking to Philip, he would have addressed him personally but he is speaking to all people who read this verse. A couple of points here to consider. 1. Those who believe in Jesus and his works [purpose]. 2. They will do greater works then what he did. The reason is because he is going to the Father.
Romans 8:34

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is not the only way of God's communication though.
That is what God has given us. That is what people will answer to.

jn8;
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what will a Cessationist do if his or her Bible ever gets taken away?

You guys are going to have start believing in dreams, visions and direct words from God.
There are already Christians who don't have Bibles to read....they heard the Word and believed.
I read a testimony of Christian's in China who had only one page of the Bible and became converted based on that one page.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is not the only way of God's communication though.

Exactly, He can speak in dreams, nature and in anything. There is no where in the Bible that says that and no where that says only go by it. Douglas Gresham (CS Lewis step son) had God speak to him in Church when his mother had cancer. Gresham said going into the Church was like stepping into reality and out of the false.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what will a Cessationist do if his or her Bible ever gets taken away?

You guys are going to have start believing in dreams, visions and direct words from God.
Most cessationists memorize large portions of scripture.I do not have to make things up.
We are not told to believe in dreams and experiences. God has given His word, and as He is in control
of whatsoever comes to pass, so it is not going away.
If God is not giving direct words there is no reason to make believe in non-existent words.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina,

[QUOTE]There is absolutely no evidence in the bible that prove that the sign gifts or any gifts have died out with the Apostles[/QUOTE].
Sorry, you lack understanding here.

Believers who do not move in the gifts
This is a made-up garbage term that covers all manner of error. Just claim you are moving in a gift,bark like dogs, crawl on the floor, idiotic rhyming noises, it's all good just tack on...I am "moving in the gifts"

due to this false doctrine, hinder the movement of the Holy Spirit's work in the lives of others,
The Holy Spirit is God who illuminates the scriptures to believers.
He is not a gift dispenser who enables people to "move" anywhere.
Biblical Christians serve God and others by obedience to known commands.

it pretty much assists the devil in ensuring that God's power on earth is made defunct due to unbelieving theologies like your own.
The theology I hold is the historic theology of the believing Church. Your made up nonsense and novelties are the imposter and have departed from orthodox beliefs.

John 14
12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

There is something wrong with your theology if you believe that Jesus was just talking to Philip only. If he were directly talking to Philip, he would have addressed him personally but he is speaking to all people who read this verse.

He addressed Thomas, and Philip...vs5-9
No, He is not speaking to all people because at this point Heis public ministry has come to a close and He set His face to go to the cross.

A couple of points here to consider. 1. Those who believe in Jesus and his works [purpose]. 2. They will do greater works then what he did. The reason is because he is going to the Father.
Romans 8:34

Jesus while on earth only dealt with a small geographic area, the greater works are the the gospel will go worldwide, not just among Israel.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are already Christians who don't have Bibles to read....they heard the Word and believed.
I read a testimony of Christian's in China who had only one page of the Bible and became converted based on that one page.
And then there was the illiterate man I met from Central America who spoke only Spanish but was overflowing with the love of God. He had never read a Bible because he could not read at all. But He was filled with the Spirit and I heard the Word of God come forth from his mouth. Illiteracy does not disqualify a person for salvation.