Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means Catholics, Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans that don't follow whatever they think the Bible says. Traditional Christians unlike modern Christians don't poopoo all over Church history because they have a Bible. Traditional Christians understand and have a place for Church fathers, for the Eucharist, Saints, and all the other things that modern Christians jettison.
Thank you for clarifying. I grew up as a devout Catholic so I understand something about that way even formal Catholicism ended for me many years ago. One thing that I started as a Catholic was a personal communication with God. I don't know many Catholics involved in that. Most of them were like most of the non-Catholic believers I know. I left that place but God never stopped loving me and once in a while He has let me know it when I was in some of the worst places.

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know many Catholics involved in that

I don't know a lot of Christian involved in that even. :) I know my Priest talks about it a lot and how we need a relationship not just warm the pews.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know a lot of Christian involved in that even. :) I know my Priest talks about it a lot and how we need a relationship not just warm the pews.
I know and have known a few who had a regular communication between them and God, but the word is "few". Lots of pew warmers in churches for certain. But I have also known some who hardly ever attend a church but who do communicate regularly with God.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you believe that the gifts of the Spirit died out with the Apostles? :confused:
Those gifts were temporary to credential the Apostles and Prophets as spokesmen for God, in completeing the revelation we need.,as Jesus explained to THEM;
Watch;

JOHN14:
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

Jesus was speaking to them face to face.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,
he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This was promised to
THEM firsthand so we would get all Jesus intended for us to know.

John15:

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Jn16:
16 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

Only the Apostles;

Jn16:

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine,
and shall shew it unto you.

acts4;

25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
acts5

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Anthony D'Arienzo

I have heard of some real life examples, where listening to God's voice has actually saved people's lives.

God has told people to turn their car in a certain direction before and they avoided a nasty accident by listening to God's voice, then there was another example where God told someone not to go a certain place, he listened, I cannot remember whether if it was riots or a terrorist attack that happened in the place where he was told not to go, but he avoided a dangerous situation by listening to God's voice.

Those are just a couple of real examples where listening to God's voice directly has actually saved them from dangerous situations.

Just the other day I heard of a testimony of a Muslim woman, she had a dream from God, and in that dream Jesus appeared to her, and said "Come follow me." She knew it was Jesus, the following day she went to the mosque to tell all the other Muslim women what she had seen, and every single one of them had the same dream. This is just one of the many ways people are turning to Christ around the world. There is no limit on the amazing things God can do.

Here is the video about the Muslim women.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

I have heard of some real life examples, where listening to God's voice has actually saved people's lives.

God has told people to turn their car in a certain direction before and they avoided a nasty accident by listening to God's voice, then there was another example where God told someone not to go a certain place, he listened, I cannot remember whether if it was riots or a terrorist attack that happened in the place where he was told not to go, but he avoided a dangerous situation by listening to God's voice.

Those are just a couple of real examples where listening to God's voice directly has actually saved them from dangerous situations.

Just the other day I heard of a testimony of a Muslim woman, she had a dream from God, and in that dream Jesus appeared to her, and said "Come follow me." She knew it was Jesus, the following day she went to the mosque to tell all the other Muslim women what she had seen, and every single one of them had the same dream. This is just one of the many ways people are turning to Christ around the world. There is no limit on the amazing things God can do.

Nope, not happening.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Many muslims are hearing from God to turn to Him, there are many great testimonies

Violent ISIS Fighter Converts to Christianity After Encountering Jesus Christ In Powerful Dream

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, how you limit God! Stuff like this happens all the time to real believers. It's rather silly to put God in a little box, don't you think?

What I think is that perhaps you and some others are the ones who would seek to restrict God.
God tells us what he has done. If he says no more Apostles, no more new revelation, who are you or anyone to suggest God can not do that? God cannot be limited except by His own Holy attributes.

Inventing things from our own minds does not make them so.
We do not live in a land of make believe, but rather in the world God has us in.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I think is that perhaps you and some others are the ones who would seek to restrict God.
God tells us what he has done. If he says no more Apostles, no more new revelation, who are you or anyone to suggest God can not do that? God cannot be limited except by His own Holy attributes.

Inventing things from our own minds does not make them so.
We do not live in a land of make believe, but rather in the world God has us in.
Make believe? God can do anything. There's no make believe about that fact.
You want to restrict God to only acting in a certain way, but I guarantee he is not interested in hiding in your little box.
Why do we pray if God no longer does the supernatural? God can't intervene in your system because he has decided not to be truly involved in our lives, but only to sit back and leave us to our own devices. He can't send angels to help us, that would be too extreme. He can't do much of anything really. But thank God, he's not really in your box.

Reactions: historyb

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, not happening.
Hello again, Anthony!

"...According to your faith be it unto you." Matt 9:29

"And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:14-15

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Reactions: Renniks

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make believe? God can do anything. There's no make believe about that fact.
You want to restrict God to only acting in a certain way, but I guarantee he is not interested in hiding in your little box.
Why do we pray if God no longer does the supernatural? God can't intervene in your system because he has decided not to be truly involved in our lives, but only to sit back and leave us to our own devices. He can't send angels to help us, that would be too extreme. He can't do much of anything really. But thank God, he's not really in your box.
From Pastor Josh Boice;
Although we have a sufficient guide to life and worship in the pages of Scripture, it’s a common thing to hear people claiming to talk with God on their back porch or to have revelatory and prophetic dreams where God audibly talks directly with them. In fact, sadly is the case that evangelicals have birthed a new genre of literature in recent years known as “Heavenly Tourism” whereby people claim to have traveled to heaven for a brief encounter only to return after a near death experience to write down their story in a book. These books sell like hotcakes and eventually become movies. The success of these heavenly tourism books points to a deeper issue within evangelicalism. It reveals a lack of confidence in the sufficiency of Scripture. Is God’s Word not enough for us?

The message of Dana Coverstone might be attractive to a culture that openly rejects the Bible and is consumed with a love for mysticism fueled by postmodernism, but it’s an assault upon the sufficiency of God’s Word.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
t’s a common thing to hear people claiming to talk with God on their back porch or to have revelatory and prophetic dreams where God audibly talks directly with them.

And the 'still small voice', that voice in my mind when God is speaking to me? Conversations with the Creator? What are your thoughts on that?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

I really think this defines our lives as Christians. We are much limited by lack of belief.

Much love!
Indeed, people will sometimes work hard to, as they often say, put it in context... but is not the proper context the whole of the course [physical life span] given to each of us by God?

Reactions: marks

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again, Anthony!

"And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:14-15

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Hello Amadeus,

It is like what happened in Jeremiah's day;

31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, people will sometimes work hard to, as they often say, put it in context... but is not the proper context the whole of the course [physical life span] given to each of us by God?

Holistic Faith, is that the thought? We shouldn't isolate some moment of faith, or work of faith, but rather see our entire life as an expression of faith in Christ?

Am I reading this right? This is a good thought!

Much love!

Reactions: Renniks and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Amadeus said:
Hello again, Anthony!

Anthony said:
Hello Amadeus,

It is like what happened in Jeremiah's day;

31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.
You see what happens when two people cite the scriptures with different conclusions already in mind. The scriptures do not lie, but only God is always the correct Interpreter. Why we do bother posting our conclusions at all if faith has nothing to do with it? I have an answer to the question but you have already concluded that God does not do that any more.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holistic Faith, is that the thought? We shouldn't isolate some moment of faith, or work of faith, but rather see our entire life as an expression of faith in Christ?

Am I reading this right? This is a good thought!

Much love!
God has given each person his allotted portion of time to accomplish what? God has a preferred goal or purpose and He will help anyone who ask sincerely to attain to it, but He has left other alternatives for anyone else. Most people I believe take hold of the other alternatives. God wants the one who when given the choice chose to ask Him for help for as long as it is needed.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe in all this we serve two different Gods. One God can do anything and is not restricted to any time or place, He can heal, perform what we call miracles, and other things to help His bride. The other god can't do anything and just sits there all day, day in and day out and some he sends to hell and some he decides go to heaven but he will not help anyone, do any miracles, or anything else.

Reactions: Renniks