Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God's Spirit is what breathed it when God spoke to the prophets. Your Bible doesn't breath. Bibles don't appear when God breaths.
Even so and sometimes people who consume what is written and God breaths on it within them bringing it to Life. So simple as I see it, but are there more than a few here who agree? I don't mind walking without any man beside me, but I do want to be on the Lord's side regardless.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so and sometimes people who consume what is written and God breaths on it within them bringing it to Life. So simple as I see it, but are there more than a few here who agree? I don't mind walking without any man beside me, but I do want to be on the Lord's side regardless.
Yes indeed. If you are reading the Bible, something can happen that causes the words to be written in the heart. I say when it's written in the heart is when it becomes real scripture. When we read the Bible, it should be the wish that we receive the Living Word in our hearts, becoming part of us, part of what we are -- or perhaps it would be better to say, "helping make us into something different -- a new man."

Deuteronomy 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem with your statement is that is not the testimony of scripture or history.
I gave a few references yesterday from Acts.4:33 5:12,14:3.....
Thousands of Christians are saved....it says God granted signs and wonders to be done by the Apostles...
If all believers can do the same as them ,there would be no need to make any distinction., but scripture does make a distinction.
It does not say anywhere that thousands of Christians were doing signs and wonders.
Even the signs of the Apostles were waining back then
2tim.4:20....Trophimus I left in Miletus,Sick..

And did you personally receive this revelation from God supernaturally or was it from your own understanding?

If you don't believe God has spoken to anyone on these forums or anyone on these forums has seen any visions from God or experienced any miracles and gifts, how did you receive this "revelation?" :rolleyes:

You seriously aren't suggesting about 20 people+ on this site have lied about the supernatural experiences from God, are you? o_O

Just because you haven't experienced some of the supernatural, doesn't mean other people haven't experienced miracles, raising the dead, signs, wonders and spiritual gifts from God.

And just because you haven't seen angels or demons, does not mean other people haven't. As for point 11 about "demons chasing squirrels," I believe @Giuliano, there's a cave in Malaysia called Batu Caves, it has a Hindu shrine outside the caves, and Hindu altars, there are monkeys that live there, the monkeys are known to be very vicious there, they are even known to attack and bite people.

This is where this thread went wrong, you made many assumptions about many of this site's members.

And to answer your earlier question, being spiritually minded, is having your mind on the things of the Spirit of God.

You said @Heart2Soul was too spiritually minded, of course a post like that is going to get some response, how can one be too spiritually minded? And if one is too spiritually minded in the Lord, then that is a good thing. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo

The fact miracles, signs, wonders, gifts from God are still for today should be very obvious. God did not stop working after Apostle John died. God has always been working through believers.

And still does I have had to many miracles and healing's in my time not to realize God still works today!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to get shade for this and cause controversy - not everything in the Christian life has to be in the Bible nor is it mandated anywhere that it must be. The Bible is a record of Salvation history not a manual for every little thing that is why we have creeds and a Church to measure things against orthodoxy or in other words to test everything. :)

Reactions: Josho

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And did you personally receive this revelation from God supernaturally or was it from your own understanding?

If you don't believe God has spoken to anyone on these forums or anyone on these forums has seen any visions from God or experienced any miracles and gifts, how did you receive this "revelation?" :rolleyes:

You seriously aren't suggesting about 20 people+ on this site have lied about the supernatural experiences from God, are you? o_O

Just because you haven't experienced some of the supernatural, doesn't mean other people haven't experienced miracles, raising the dead, signs, wonders and spiritual gifts from God.

And just because you haven't seen angels or demons, does not mean other people haven't. As for point 11 about "demons chasing squirrels," I believe @Giuliano, there's a cave in Malaysia called Batu Caves, it has a Hindu shrine outside the caves, and Hindu altars, there are monkeys that live there, the monkeys are known to be very vicious there, they are even known to attack and bite people.

This is where this thread went wrong, you made many assumptions about many of this site's members.

And to answer your earlier question, being spiritually minded, is having your mind on the things of the Spirit of God.

You said @Heart2Soul was too spiritually minded, of course a post like that is going to get some response, how can one be too spiritually minded? And if one is too spiritually minded in the Lord, then that is a good thing. :)
Christians read the bible and study it.
The Holy Spirit allows them to welcome the truth, that is why God indwells us.
1cor2 is very clear. This is a normal part of the Christian life.
It is not new revelation.
We are allowed to receive that word as it is in truth.
You ignore the scriptures I offered, you suggest peoples experience instead.
That is not the biblical faith once delivered to the saints.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another testimony -

I had no money being a college student that's not surprising in a Christian college :). It was the weekend so the Cafeteria was closed and I was hungry. My friend wanted to go to the record store not to far from Disneyland and wanted me to go with him. We had to go to the bank so he could get some money out (back before Debit cards). I stayed in the truck and a bum came up to me and ask for just a penny. I felt silly because I didn't even have a penny and looked all over. I told him maybe the next car over or he could ask my friend. So my friend comes out of the bank and the guy talks to him. My friend got into the truck and tells me that he doesn't give money but he is going to get him lunch, so we head to McDonald's and my friend ask me what I would want if I were the bum. I wanted a big mac meal large so that is what he ordered (I did not tell my friend I was hungry) and so we went back to the bank and couldn't find the guy, we drove all the way down to Disneyland and back the guy was no where. So we pull back into the bank and my friend ask the lady in the car next to us which was still there and she says she saw me talk out the window and saw no one there, I even chimed in that he waited by the door and she said she saw no one but my friend just talk to the wall. He comes back and looks at me and ask me did I eat and I admitted that I had no money. He ai that food was meant for me and to tell him next time that I needed food. I asked him about the guy and he took out his bible and showed me the verse about entertain angels unaware, my friend said God was taking care of me like always.

Reactions: Renniks and Josho

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina,

No that is not correct.
Every Christian indwelt by the Spirit of God is gifted for service in the Kingdom of God.
The gifts of service are found in Romans.12:
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Have been quickened by the Spirit Eph2;1-3 we are new creatures 2cor5:17
The primary function of The Spirit is to allow believers to welcome the word of God, to receive it.
that is why sign gifts were given to the Apostles to credential the word of the Apostles as New Covenant Foundational stones with Jesus Himself the chief cornerstone. Eph2:
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
The manifestation of the sign gifts always led to the people welcoming scripture.
You can go through Acts and see it as I posted briefly earlier.

[quote]Romans 12: 6 Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to use them accordingly: if [someone has the gift of] prophecy, [let him speak a new message from God to His people] in proportion to the faith possessed; 7 if service, in the act of serving; or he who teaches, in the act of teaching; 8 or he who encourages, in the act of encouragement; he who gives, with generosity; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy [in caring for others], with cheerfulness.

You have quoted this scripture yet you have indicated based on your cessationist beliefs, that these gifts died out when the last official apostle died? So you actually don't believe this scripture at all. If you did, you would accept the brethren who are called as prophets of God in these last days...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
[quote]Romans 12: 6 Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to use them accordingly: if [someone has the gift of] prophecy, [let him speak a new message from God to His people] in proportion to the faith possessed; 7 if service, in the act of serving; or he who teaches, in the act of teaching; 8 or he who encourages, in the act of encouragement; he who gives, with generosity; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy [in caring for others], with cheerfulness.

You have quoted this scripture yet you have indicated based on your cessationist beliefs, that these gifts died out when the last official apostle died? So you actually don't believe this scripture at all. If you did, you would accept the brethren who are called as prophets of God in these last days...
@Angelina a
I think there is a difference between the gifts of the Spirit generally and the sign gifts, as in Acts in the Apostolic period...

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do believe it. I understand it also.
There are no Apostles or Prophets today. They were foundational eph2:20.
We have a completed word and the Spirit.
God has told us all we need. Nothing need be added or taken away.Christian's are victorious In Christ.
God did not forget to tell us anything. He explained what goes on until the last day.
We have been given a full revelation and are under authority to the word of God.

Reactions: farouk

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians read the bible and study it.
The Holy Spirit allows them to welcome the truth, that is why God indwells us.
1cor2 is very clear. This is a normal part of the Christian life.
It is not new revelation.
We are allowed to receive that word as it is in truth.
You ignore the scriptures I offered, you suggest peoples experience instead.
That is not the biblical faith once delivered to the saints.

"The Holy allows them to welcome the truth, that is why God indwells us." Or perhaps The Lord indwells us to becomes Lights in this word of darkness and to live out what we are reading by His Power and Authority which includes signs and wonders. I do not study the bible, but read it because it is my Fathers Word. Early on, I preached what was within the pages, even before reading it. For He who is born from above has both the Father and The Son. It is The Lords desire that we all have faith, for this pleases Him, and this teaching you bring has not faith nor is it from above, but comes from below.Here is a revelation for you Anthony that you will not find in your studying, the spiritual gifts promised, are Him in us (in the form of The Holy Spirit) the same that was in the early church. Same Power, same Authority, same Lord. Jesus is Lord!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God has told us all we need. Nothing need be added or taken away.Christian's are victorious In Christ.
God did not forget to tell us anything. He explained what goes on until the last day.
We have been given a full revelation and are under authority to the word of God.

Yes there are Apostles and Prophets today. They continue onward doing the work that was founded upon those Apostles and Prophets in eph2:20. The work has not ended because the founding Apostles and Prophets have gone into heaven otherwise the unsaved have no chance of salvation.

Here is an example. A friend asked me to pray for a guy who needed healing. This particular man was not a believer. I knew that he was not able to receive healing without some kind of evidence that Jesus is real and he can heal. So I asked the Holy Spirit for discernment and he gave me it.

I was then able to tell this young man what had happened in his life from childhood, the time he tried to commit suicide right up until the present day. He was so blown away by that knowledge because he had never shared this with anyone and he not only got his healing, he also accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior and his name is written in the lambs book of life. Glory to God!

If you are saying [which I believe you have said already in some of your posts] that the sign gifts were given to confirm apostolic authority, then why did non-apostles have the sign gifts? Take for instance, Stephen. Acts 6:8 and Philip the evangelist Acts 8:6-7?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would agree with what you say; it seems Scriptural.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned from truth to fables so it should not be a surprise that some even on message boards have been deceived into such false ideas.

No one on this board has:

1]traveled to heaven and back

2]Had God-given visions

3]speak or pray in tongues

4]raised the dead

5]received a postcard from "Luke"

6] had any contact with Apostles

7] seen the Virgin Mary

8] been given visions

9] "move" in the gifts

10] seen demons flying around in church

11] seen demons chasing squirrels in their attic

12] bound satan

13] spoken rhema words

14] received a "double portion"

15] detecting auras

16] believing God for a miracle

17] been "slain in the Spirit"

18] name it and claim it

19 ] and of course claiming the old standby "the anointing breaks the yoke"

20]Had bouts of "holy laughter"

These and other such fabrications are offered as a poor substitute for the faith ONCE GIVEN TO THE SAINTS
Many claim these and more but need to examine their claims in light of scripture, not claim their experiences trump scripture.
Exactly, and this shouldn't be in the unorthodox section, those that peddle the things listed should be.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Exactly, and this shouldn't be in the unorthodox section, those that peddle the things listed should be.
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I disagree with you 100%. This thread will remain in the unorthodox section where all threads similar to this one should be.

Reactions: historyb and Nancy

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed.As part of the title I added sci.fi.and make believe because those who.brush scripture off,brush off church history,invent their own counterfeit, mystical religion.
The whole church has known the truth up till now.
These kind of professed believerswould want to rewrite history and just make it up any way they feel like.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are Apostles and Prophets today. They continue onward doing the work that was founded upon those Apostles and Prophets in eph2:20. The work has not ended because the founding Apostles and Prophets have gone into heaven otherwise the unsaved have no chance of salvation.

Here is an example. A friend asked me to pray for a guy who needed healing. This particular man was not a believer. I knew that he was not able to receive healing without some kind of evidence that Jesus is real and he can heal. So I asked the Holy Spirit for discernment and he gave me it.

I was then able to tell this young man what had happened in his life from childhood, the time he tried to commit suicide right up until the present day. He was so blown away by that knowledge because he had never shared this with anyone and he not only got his healing, he also accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior and his name is written in the lambs book of life. Glory to God!

If you are saying [which I believe you have said already in some of your posts] that the sign gifts were given to confirm apostolic authority, then why did non-apostles have the sign gifts? Take for instance, Stephen. Acts 6:8 and Philip the evangelist Acts 8:6-7?
Once tongues were manifest there, off course others were involved as part of the sign gift.That is why Paul regulated them.
When the Apostles were gone, so were the signs of an Apostle.
Your idea that without modern day Apostles no one can be saved is foolish and indicates you do not understand how biblical salvation works.
It also shows you do not understand what or who the Apostles were.
There is not one Apostle or Prophet today.