Christianity Board Software Switch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howdy!

You might notice the change here at Christianity Board. Due to some recent circumstances that I alluded to recently, we decided to switch away from our old software, vBulletin, and so with Simple Machines Forum. SMF (for short) is a very good choice and one we were glad to make. As you can see some things have changed. I do apologize for any consternation this will cause, as I know it may upset the balance for some. However, I assure you if you'll take a few moments, you will see that most things remain the same, essentially. In some ways I think this software is a little more user friendly.

I'm still working on some aspects of the forum's design, so pardon my dust. If you come across any errors, please report them. For the most part, things have been transferred over with little or no loss, but there will probably be some glitches here and there.

I hope you enjoy the software, please feel free to give me some feedback so I can maybe improve upon some things.

Thanks for your support!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are still working on many things, but the forum rules are now up. They'll be integrated into the actual signup process here soon.

http://www.christianityboard.com/index.php?topic=11447.0

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the support!

So far the feedback has been pretty positive. I know the software change has moved some features around, but we're helping folks with those changes. I appreciate any and all feedback, even if it's just to make the general comment that you like the software. Feel free to reply here, private message (PM), or email me.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a nice board. So far so good. One question though. I don't see anything at the top of the home page that would alert you to unread private messages. What happens when you get a new pm? Pop-up window maybe?

gumby

May 29, 2009
Its a very good switch for the site as a whole i believe, there is two things that i wish we could have back though one being the old arcade with tetris and other games and two being the fact that on the old software when we posted scripture visible yellow boxes would appear that other members could read the scripture without having to click onto the actual bible site to read scripture. Other than those two thing like i say its a wonderfull switch ;D

EDIT: spell check comes in handy though 8)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm actually working on the arcade. I won't make any promises yet, but I do hope to be able to recreate the arcade at some point. As far as the verses go, they are now back. I actually set out to do this earlier today, so thanks for the reminder.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The links issue should be resolved; had an issue go awry.

The shoutbox is still up in the air, admittedly. It didn't seem to keep too active, so it's a feature that seemed (at least) to waste resources moreso than remaining a useful tool. If there is enough requests, we could certainly bring it back. I am looking into chatroom solutions as well.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Christina. :)

Okay so I managed to bungle things up for a bit today; I'm sure a few of ya'll saw the shoutbox error for ~20 mins about 2 hours ago. Unfortunately we're still without a shoutbox for the near term. I'm still working on that chat solution. The one downside in this conversion seems to be that chat + shoutbox features are limited since we're using a RC right now.

The good news is that I did track down and nailed the // and / bug before all single quotes('). At least one major bug got the Raid can I suppose.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Swamp Im now seeing red "X"'s at the end of every child board and after every topic title there is a red X new box is anyone else seeing this ?

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christina said:
Swamp Im now seeing red "X"'s at the end of every child board and after every topic title there is a red X new box is anyone else seeing this ?

Yep.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks again, please everyone continue to report anything you come across. The previous posts are all you have to do - I just need to know about it in order to fix it. In my case, my browser (Firefox) doesn't render red x's, the image just doesn't load and so it's very easy to miss. That's where I need ya'll.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Swampfox,
For some reason I am no longer getting reply notifications.
What do I do?
Thanks