Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no...its not a matter of pride. Its about being honest with your feelings with God. There's a difference. If he has to use "power" or "punishment" as a scare tactic to make people agree 100% with his values. Its about control. Instead of a relationship and dialogue. The foundation of a "loving" relationship is honesty.

And i'm going to tell him, that i think he is immature for having a problem with same sex couples who truly love each other.

Its just another form of racism.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no...its not a matter of pride. Its about being honest with your feelings with God. There's a difference. If he has to use "power" or "punishment" as a scare tactic to make people agree 100% with his values. Its about control. Instead of a relationship and dialogue. The foundation of a "loving" relationship is honesty.

And i'm going to tell him, that i think he is immature for having a problem with same sex couples who truly love each other.

You’ll lose that argument. Are you really willing to condemn your soul forever just because of your ego??

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner
Again...your saying I'm condemned for having an OPINION. My ego is directed towards you sir. Not God.

I'll still be honest with how I feel to God though. Won't change my opinion because he tells me i must change my opinion. Condemning True Love because its the same sex? Getta out here. You must be joking. Tell me WHY thats so unforgivable.
Placing so much importance on the outside, instead of a person's heart and inside.

Tell me why, me having a disagreeing opinion on said matter condemns me?

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think you have the wrong view on who God is. I can promise that you wont be “having words with Him” when you are in front of Him and seeing His glory revealed to you. I would imagine you’ll come to understand what true fear is.
You disagreeing with God is nothing but you being prideful, God doesnt listen to the prideful. You need to understand He is perfect and without sin, whereas you are totally depraved and dont do anything good. You put yourself too high up and God not high enough.
Many think that God is all about love. Well God is love, but God is more about truth than love.

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Many think that God is all about love. Well God is love, but God is more about truth than love.
@FHII It's wonderful how in John 1.14 the Lord Jesus is described as 'full of grace and truth".

Someone has said: "He held truth without legality (legalism), and grace without compromise".

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im still waiting on to why its Unforgivable for same sex couples....outside rather than inside...

and why im condemned for not liking it.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner
Again...your saying I'm condemned for having an OPINION. My ego is directed towards you sir. Not God.

I'll still be honest with how I feel to God though. Won't change my opinion because he tells me i must change my opinion. Condemning True Love because its the same sex? Getta out here. You must be joking. Tell me WHY thats so unforgivable.
Placing so much importance on the outside, instead of a person's heart and inside.

Tell me why, me having a disagreeing opinion on said matter condemns me?

no, you’re condemned because we’re all born condemned and until you get saved, you’ll remain condemned.

you disagreeing with God is really about you thinking God is wrong, He’s not. He’s never wrong. He is truthful, if He said something is bad, its not open to debate. You need to read romans 9 to help you understand. You are the clay, God is the potter. Does the clay tell the potter what to make of it?? No.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is actually interesting. You love your sin, you have no desire to do God’s will and not your own. You dont care that you are saying God is wrong, you are demonstrating what total depravity looks like.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner

I have heard enough of you to get a decent measure of you. Your mind is so closed up, instead of actually reasoning with me. And telling me why. You attack me and condemn me.

I leave you with these verses.

The Ministry of the Twelve
(Mark 6:7–13; Luke 9:1–6)

5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers,c drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.9Do not carry any gold or silver or copper in your belts. 10Take no bag for the road, or second tunic, or sandals, or staff; for the worker is worthy of his provisions.11Whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy there and stay at his housed until you move on. 12As you enter the home, greet its occupants.e 13If the home is worthy, let your peace rest on it; but if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14And if anyone will not welcome you or heed your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

The fruit of your beliefs causes you to push fear and negativity.

• Haha

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ace.... Oh my goodness.... Wecould be friends but you are way off!

1. God doesn't care about your feelings. He cares about you, but not your feelings.
2. Yes, God does use scare tactics and punishment to make people agree. Have you not read the OT? Even in the NT he did.
3. You are not going to tell God anything because by the time you get to talk to him you are dead! And terrified. Moses talked back to God. But you are not Moses and God wasstillin charge.

4. Unlike the vast majority of the Christian community, I am on your side. If you are gay, fine. I don't judge you and if you want to have a marriage,fine. But yes according to the Law it is a sin and nothing changes that except grace.
5. Racism? Give me a break! It is really hard to express myself without using words that would not be allowed on this forum.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner

I have heard enough of you to get a decent measure of you. Your mind is so closed up, instead of actually reasoning with me. And telling me why. You attack me and condemn me.

I leave you with these verses.

The Ministry of the Twelve
(Mark 6:7–13; Luke 9:1–6)

5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go onto the road of the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers,c drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.9Do not carry any gold or silver or copper in your belts. 10Take no bag for the road, or second tunic, or sandals, or staff; for the worker is worthy of his provisions.11Whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy there and stay at his housed until you move on. 12As you enter the home, greet its occupants.e 13If the home is worthy, let your peace rest on it; but if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14And if anyone will not welcome you or heed your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

The fruit of your beliefs causes you to push fear and negativity.

you want to know why gay people are sinful? Its real easy… because God said they were. Who do you think you are to complain to the Father what He calls sin?

Leviticus 18:22
1 Corinthians 6:9

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
so you missed the parts where paul said homosexuals wont get to Heaven? Or that racists wont either?

Many Christians know how messed up it is what Paul said so they've come up with ways to get around it such as proclaiming that only the act itself is a sin, but not being gay since God created those who are gay, as gay. There are however Christians who believe that still being gay is a sin. The problem is there are gay Christians who have to force themselves to be celibate and can't even enjoy being themselves. And being oneself can never be compared with something like murder since someone else being gay in and of itself does not harm you or I. Jesus said we are all children of God.

Paul also said that women should be subordinate to men and that the man is the head of the wife in Ephesians 5:22
"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord."

And in Galatians 3:28 of course, he contradicts himself. "There is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

I've spoken with several Christian women who have told me how they were brought up to essentially be a doormat by also following their mother's example and how their Christian husbands would use scripture against them.

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is actually interesting. You love your sin, you have no desire to do God’s will and not your own. You dont care that you are saying God is wrong, you are demonstrating what total depravity looks like.

It's easy to act sanctimonious or holier-than-thou towards someone who doesn't agree with you as much biblically.

You also mentioned that we are all born condemned. There's no way that holding a belief like that sub consciously won't cause you to live life as if you're constantly being condemned. To further add insult to injury, we are all condemned for what someone else did. If that's something you're willing to get on board with, have at it. But not me

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you want to know why gay people are sinful? Its real easy… because God said they were. Who do you think you are to complain to the Father what He calls sin?

Leviticus 18:22
1 Corinthians 6:9

That's the same God who told Abraham to kill his son Isaac as a mere test for his trust. People will say no he didn't, he told Abraham to sacrifice his son. However, that's really just a euphemism to kill.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also mentioned that we are all born condemned. There's no way that holding a belief like that sub consciously won't cause you to live life as if you're constantly being condemned. To further add insult to injury, we are all condemned for what someone else did. If that's something you're willing to get on board with, have at it. But not me

if you dont ever see yourself as a sinner, how can you ever understand the need for a Saviour?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the same God who told Abraham to kill his son Isaac as a mere test for his trust. People will say no he didn't, he told Abraham to sacrifice his son. However, that's really just a euphemism to kill.

yes, it is the very same God the Father we worship to this day. And yes, abraham was tested, as are we all. Again, the point you keep missing, is that when God says jump, you jump. We seek to do His will, not our own.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
if you dont ever see yourself as a sinner, how can you ever understand the need for a Saviour?

Here's the thing though. The whole idea of a savior is really an illusion because you have to -allow- yourself to be saved. So you are in essence, saving yourself even though you think someone else outside such as Jesus is because it starts with -you-.

But yes, I am against the whole sinner mindset. I think we do sinful actions, but our actions don't define us since people can always change. I don't see willful helplessness as a virtue, walking around with my head down like a poor sinner. Christians have said to me that I'm just too proud of myself. And I ask them back, "Are you sure you're not even more proud than I am since you think you're so much more humble than me and you're saved whether someone wicked like me is not?"

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
yes, it is the very same God the Father we worship to this day. And yes, abraham was tested, as are we all. Again, the point you keep missing, is that when God says jump, you jump. We seek to do His will, not our own.

There's many examples of people claiming God told them to do something which was not only detrimental to themselves, but also to others around them. I mean, I get what you're saying...but let's also be practical. I will argue that God also gave you a brain for most situations