Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is so much work trying to hold onto a belief.

BINGO!!!!! That's the practical difference between "Belief" (Mental assent) which has to be protected, and held on to, and FAITH (Heb 11:1) which is anchored in God's WORD to you (Rom 10:17). "Belief" doesn't mean SPIT, but FAITH holds on to YOU.

90% of what the world and the CHURCH calls FAITH isn't FAITH at all. Faith has got to have the Heb 11:1 attributes - i.e. it must have "SUBSTANCE" - you can put your full weight in it, and it'll hold you. And it must be an "EVIDENCE", proving that what you don't see is really there.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing though. The whole idea of a savior is really an illusion because you have to -allow- yourself to be saved. So you are in essence, saving yourself even though you think someone else outside such as Jesus is because it starts with -you-.

But yes, I am against the whole sinner mindset. I think we do sinful actions, but our actions don't define us since people can always change. I don't see willful helplessness as a virtue, walking around with my head down like a poor sinner. Christians have said to me that I'm just too proud of myself. And I ask them back, "Are you sure you're not even more proud than I am since you think you're so much more humble than me and you're saved whether someone wicked like me is not?"

son, im gonna be real honest with you. You have no idea what you are talking about. But let me go back to the beginning so i can help you. First, you have nothing to do with your salvation. It is a miracle performed by God. While salvation itself is an instant event, there are still steps to it. First, regeneration occurs before faith. Second, majority of mankind will not be regenerated. Regeneration, or as you may have heard it called, being born again, is the moment that God calls you. This is my point, untill the Father calls you, you will never have a desire to know God. This is our natural, sinful state. The fact that you disagree with God is proof that He hasnt called you, yet.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
no...its not a matter of pride. Its about being honest with your feelings with God. There's a difference. If he has to use "power" or "punishment" as a scare tactic to make people agree 100% with his values. Its about control. Instead of a relationship and dialogue. The foundation of a "loving" relationship is honesty.

And i'm going to tell him, that i think he is immature for having a problem with same sex couples who truly love each other.

Its just another form of racism.
God who is Spirit, you think is racist? Joseph wore a cloak of many colors to symbolise all tribes and nations. And he was foreshadowing Christ.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God who is Spirit, you think is racist? Joseph wore a cloak of many colors to symbolise all tribes and nations. And he was foreshadowing Christ.
People think they have some moral superiority until they actually meet God. Then you realize that you are lower than a worm. His ways are holy and just. This person won't tell God he is racist. This person will see their error when they see his reasoning. Every knee will bend.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
son, im gonna be real honest with you. You have no idea what you are talking about. But let me go back to the beginning so i can help you. First, you have nothing to do with your salvation. It is a miracle performed by God. While salvation itself is an instant event, there are still steps to it. First, regeneration occurs before faith. Second, majority of mankind will not be regenerated. Regeneration, or as you may have heard it called, being born again, is the moment that God calls you. This is my point, untill the Father calls you, you will never have a desire to know God. This is our natural, sinful state. The fact that you disagree with God is proof that He hasnt called you, yet.

And I will be just as honest with you. The very idea of salvation is something that -you- choose to believe in. Following Jesus as your savior is -your- decision as much as you try to say it has nothing to do with you. You do know there's many ex pastors and ex devout Christians. They were once where you were and probably even more devoted and 'convinced' than you. You may say that they were never real Christians or that they hate God, but that's not necessarily true.

And I disagree with the Christian God. God doesn't belong to any religion. And Christianity is a religion among others in the very end.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I will be just as honest with you. The very idea of salvation is something that -you- choose to believe in. Following Jesus as your savior is -your- decision as much as you try to say it has nothing to do with you. You do know there's many ex pastors and ex devout Christians. They were once where you were and probably even more devoted and 'convinced' than you. You may say that they were never real Christians or that they hate God, but that's not necessarily true.

And I disagree with the Christian God. God doesn't belong to any religion.

you dont get it. Come back to me when you do want to get saved and not just argue.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
People think they have some moral superiority until they actually meet God. Then you realize that you are lower than a worm. His ways are holy and just. This person won't tell God he is racist. This person will see their error when they see his reasoning. Every knee will bend.

Why do we have to be lower or higher than someone or something? Why can't we all just be one at the very end of the day. Only the ego lives through comparison

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

And I disagree with the Christian God. God doesn't belong to any religion. And Christianity is a religion among others in the very end.
How is this any different than idolatry? A graven image of God is created in your mind and you shape it into whatever form you desire. God is not created, he is the creator.

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we have to be lower or higher than someone or something? Why can't we all just be one at the very end of the day. Only the ego lives through comparison

Because pride is rampant in man and God hates pride. Pride is what caused all of this. Satan wanted to be God and have all of the glory that comes with it. That led to the rebellion.

Man is just arrogant. Christians humble themselves before God and let him take control. It is hard to explain I guess. When you repent of sin and you want to be better, you look for God. You find him and he reveals himself to you and you are floored with how holy, pure and kind he is. You feel his love wash over you and your pride melts away. You realize that all of your ego, pride and selfishness are not good and you want to be better.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How is this any different than idolatry? A graven image of God is created in your mind and you shape it into whatever form you desire. God is not created, he is the creator.

I'm not hanging onto it, it's just a more accurate representation in my opinion

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because pride is rampant in man and God hates pride. Pride is what caused all of this. Satan wanted to be God and have all of the glory that comes with it. That led to the rebellion.

Man is just arrogant. Christians humble themselves before God and let him take control. It is hard to explain I guess. When you repent of sin and you want to be better, you look for God. You find him and he reveals himself to you and you are floored with how holy, pure and kind he is. You feel his love wash over you and your pride melts away. You realize that all of your ego, pride and selfishness are not good and you want to be better.

I think it's the opposite-taking oneself to be anything other than God is Satan.

We are all God, clothed in human flesh.

We aren't just humans, we are human -beings-. The being in human being is God's being.

Christians humble themselves to the point that they think they are better just because they humble themselves. I cannot count how many times I've been told, "I'm saved and you're not." Look at me, I'm so much more selfless and humble than you. I call it, 'humble bragging'.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's the opposite-taking oneself to be anything other than God is Satan.

We are all God, clothed in human flesh.

We aren't just humans, we are human -beings-. The being in human being is God's being.
We are the creation, not the creator. We are not God. That right there is Satanic to the core. Jesus Christ is the real son of God. Yeshua, Jesus The messiah to save human beings from the wrath of God. He spoke to me in a voice so sweet. He is so real. I am praying for you to meet the real God.