Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well I saw a bumper sticker that said "God please save me from your followers" lol. The Roman Catholic Church is a horrible example of Christianity in my opinion. I guess if you look at man and his religion it could turn you off Christianity and that is understandable. I wasn't raised Christian. I came to Christianity when I met Jesus, when I was looking for God. When you really look for him, he reveals himself. I suggest you just ignore all church dogma and just pray to God to reveal himself to you. Ignore his followers and just look for him.

There is a reason homosexuality and abortion are frowned upon. You understand it when you know the mind of God better. And part of loving your fellow man is letting them know when they are doing something that will land them in Hell. Someone on this board once said that Hell is a place that Jesus said it would be better to pluck your own eye balls out than to go there. Think about that. Jesus came down here and gave every single human a way out of hell. Unfortunately he left us(the Christians) in charge of being his voice and we have done a horrible job at it. Unfortunately the loudest voices are what what people hear and those voices are not always the best examples. From child molesting priests to money grubbing televangelists. See Satan is also in the church and he works very hard and ruining us through temptations.

I just see atheists that come here and I wish there was some way to convince them of the reality of God. I know he is real and it just saddens me to see so many people reject him and take the road to hell.

Hey, God is everywhere...so he must also be in hell. Athiests don't assert that God doesn't exist, they just lack the belief in a God. And I've always had the intuition since a child that I am really God, clothed in this bag of skin. I grew up Orthodox but my parents were never fundamentalists. Even though you say Catholics aren't a good example, they are the majority of Christians globally and claim that the Catholic church was the first church. In fact, they also say that Christians existed before a Bible was even written for around 400 years.

And all these politicians against abortion..I'd like to see them start adopting then. Abortion is unchristian until the doctor tells a woman she has a high chance of death or was raped.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, God is everywhere...so he must also be in hell. Athiests don't assert that God doesn't exist, they just lack the belief in a God. And I've always had the intuition since a child that I am really God, clothed in this bag of skin. I grew up Orthodox but my parents were never fundamentalists. Even though you say Catholics aren't a good example, they are the majority of Christians globally and claim that the Catholic church was the first church. In fact, they also say that Christians existed before a Bible was even written for around 400 years.

And all these politicians against abortion..I'd like to see them start adopting then. Abortion is unchristian until the doctor tells a woman she has a high chance of death or was raped.

you are NOT God!!!!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well I am not quite sure what you are saying. I have nothing against loving yourself. But Jesus' commandments are to love God with all your heart and to love your fellow man as yourself. Thats it. Thats christianity. To treat other as you would want to be treated. To love people. To love God! Why would anyone have a problem with that?
@Mantis The believer needs to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2).

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is omnipresent so yes he is in Hell. Please do not look at the fallacy of man to discredit Jesus. You are not God in human flesh. You are his creation and he loves you. He knows your name. You can look at all sorts of things on the internet do discredit God, the Bible, Jesus etc. but if you just pray to meet the real God he will let you know who he is. He is no respecter of persons meaning he will do for one person what he did for another.

And as far as abortion, there is biblical scripture that says God plans the life of the person when in the womb. It is a sin to murder. A baby in the womb is not just a clump of cells. It is a person, a human being. You were in the womb at one time.