Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Behold, you can lead a horse to water. but you cant make it drink.....you are just beating a dead horse....people just don't respond to the "Believe and be saved" doctrine anymore....you must stir up their soul....you must show them something that hasn't been hammered in a million times before.....otherwise the wine becomes old and stale. Seek out god and ask for new methods of spreading your belief/message. A new way of delivery. You might have more positive feedback and help others truly.
No, actually it is God who must stir up the soul and draw sinners to Christ. Except the Lord build the house we labour in vain. We can do nothing without Him. In a time of spiritual famine and drought fewer souls get saved.....no harvest to bring in. We need the Lord to rise up and move upon hearts by His Spirit. There is a terrible famine for "hearing" the words of the Lord these days. Why is there such a drought and famine and no harvest...could it be there is so much sin in the camp that you can't tell the church from the world any more? The church needs to be REPENTING and crying out to God, not ramping up the strobe lights and amplifiers.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually it is God who must stir up the soul and draw sinners to Christ. Except the Lord build the house we labour in vain. We can do nothing without Him. In a time of spiritual famine and drought fewer souls get saved.....no harvest to bring in. We need the Lord to rise up and move upon hearts by His Spirit. There is a terrible famine for "hearing" the words of the Lord these days. Why is there such a drought and famine and no harvest...could it be there is so much sin in the camp that you can't tell the church from the world any more? The church needs to be REPENTING and crying out to God, not ramping up the strobe lights and amplifiers.

New methods aren't going to bring someone to God. That's what the modern church has been doing and failing miserably. It may bring someone to some entertainment for a little while; until they get tired of that too. But it's the preaching of the word that brings sinners to faith. Whatever draws them, that is what they will be there for. If it's lights and sound, that's what they lean on, not Christ crucified. We preach Christ crucified so that the lost may turn to Him and not some passing entertainment.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Umm. All of society has been preoccupied with their personal beliefs about the universe they live in far longer than organised religion been around. Removing all religious beliefs will ultimately not prevent humanity going in the direction it's currently on now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
New methods aren't going to bring someone to God. That's what the modern church has been doing and failing miserably. It may bring someone to some entertainment for a little while; until they get tired of that too. But it's the preaching of the word that brings sinners to faith. Whatever draws them, that is what they will be there for. If it's lights and sound, that's what they lean on, not Christ crucified. We preach Christ crucified so that the lost may turn to Him and not some passing entertainment.
@dhh712 Faith is the key; Hebrews 11; Ephesians 2.8; Romans 5.21; and indeed John 3.16...........

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Lizbeth I am reminded of Acts 16: "Lydia, whose heart the Lord opened..."

Reactions: Lizbeth

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, we speak the Gospel, the truth, and the Lord must stir the heart. We can only lead them to the water, it is God who must make them drink. God commands us to share the good news. What is done with his word is up to him.
Amen! I totally agree with that brother @dhh712. God sends his messengers of Good News and then it's all up to the person involved and God....

Reactions: dhh712 and L.A.M.B.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing..

Jesus did miracles with a "superscience" that we know zilch about, so of course we believe he was something special..:)

The 37 MIRACLES OF JESUS
Miracles of Jesus Christ

"..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father" (John 10:38)

Bringing little girl back to life
Bringing widows son back to life
Bringing Lazarus back to life
Stilling the storm
Feeding 4000
Walking on sea
Feeding 5000
Coin in fishes mouth
Withering fig tree
Big catch of fish
Water into wine
Another big fish catch
Healing leper
Healing Centurions servant
Healing Peters mother-in-law
Healing sick at evening
Healing paralysed man
Healing haemorraging woman
Healing two blind men
Healing mans withered hand
Healing Canaanite womans daughter
Healing boy with seizures
Healing blind man
Healing deaf and dumb man
Healing another blind man
Healing crippled woman
Healing man with dropsy
Healing 10 lepers
Restoring a cut-off ear
Healing noblemans sons fever
Healing crippled man at Bethesda
Healing a born-blind man
Casting out demons into pigs
Curing a mute lunatic
Casting out dirty spirit
Curing a possessed blind-dumb man
Appeared to his followers after his death.
----------------------------------------------

"Come on out of there Lazarus mate"
rel-jesus-lazarus-raised.jpg

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said!

The fact is, few actually "know", and most only "believe." But there are those who have and do "know" what is true, and these have and do testify to the truth--while millions upon millions only speculate resulting in much conjecture. Nonetheless, there exists a thread of evidence by eyewitness testimony about what can be "known" of God and the truth. It is this thread of actual truth that has been presented down throughout all the ages that establishes the 'belief' of many, and it is in this undeniable history of events and testimony that many place their hope.

But this hope and belief is not by logic or an ability who's source is their own--it is a gift, as it is written, a gift "like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." Matthew 13:44 Which is the judgement of God to know who is of Him, and who is not.
Hmm to believe or to know.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will start by saying that all belief systems are there because we do not know. When you know something, belief becomes unnecessary. You only believe something because you don't know.

I've spoken with many Christians and have done a lot of reading. I'll come across articles by apologetics titled along the lines of '10 signs of proof that God exists' or 'evidence of Jesus' resurrection'.

Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing.

I don't believe in believing. I either know or admit I don't know at all. Beliefs are always going to be open to scrutiny and doubt, it is so much work trying to hold onto a belief. The way I see it is that if you just admit you do not know, then that's humility. That's innocence.
I don't believe that at all, how do I know because I believe.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing.

Evidence for God is the easy part.

What is difficult is deducing and knowing God's will. Deducing what the role of modern christians should be in this day and age.

Having evidence for God's existence doesn't clarify everything written in the bible.

Christians seek to walk the path. We stumble. Searching for guidance and answers. We believe our ideas about God, Jesus and religion are accurate. The road to validation of those ideas is a lifelong path of belief.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Evidence for God is the easy part.

What is difficult is deducing and knowing God's will. Deducing what the role of modern christians should be in this day and age.

Having evidence for God's existence doesn't clarify everything written in the bible.

Christians seek to walk the path. We stumble. Searching for guidance and answers. We believe our ideas about God, Jesus and religion are accurate. The road to validation of those ideas is a lifelong path of belief.
Australia itself disproves the creation story in the Old Testament.