Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is not found in scripture, it is a false doctrine made up by human beings not inspipired by God. Some token of examples would be...
  • the Alter Call
  • praying for the dead
  • praying to Mary
  • the rapture (not the one at the end of the ages) (pre-mil, post mil, dispensationalism)
  • JW's - the Word was a god
  • a new temple in Jerusalem (dispensationalism)
  • reinstating sacrifices in a literal millenium (dispensationalism)
  • Christ will be on earth for 1,000 years (dispensationalism)
  • the New Covenant is not now (dispensationalism)
  • baptism saves you
  • we are all "little gods" (Mormons)
  • claiming Jesus was not God in the flesh (unitarian)
  • following the denominations that were created by men such as Charles Taze Russell, John Nelson Darby, Ellen White,

I agree with some of these but not Mary
The exalted dignity of the mother of God and the mother of our salvation is found in scripture luke one and Heb 4:16
And anyone in the new covenant communion of saints can pray and intercede for one and other especially powerful are the prayers of Mary her son is God and must honor her
Christ said my hour has not come, paraphrasing I cannot work miracles yet, but only because it was his mother who asked did he work the miracle and cos of her intercession the disciples believed on him Jn chapter 2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism saves you

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 22:16 sin washed by baptism

Effects of baptism!

Born again / born from above:
Jn 3:5

Out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Light:
1 pet 2:9

New Creation in Christ Jesus / regeneration:
2 cor 5:17 titus 3:5

Sins washed away:
Acts 22:16

Washed in His blood:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Member of Christ, Member of the new covenant church, all professing the same faith:

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Put on Christ:

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Died with Christ:

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Risen with Christ:

Col2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Sealed by God in the ark of salvation:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu think the commands to the church are easy? Do you always offer your other cheek if slapped in one? do you always love your enemies and bless your persecutors? These are impossible with out the holy spirit.

But you forget that god makes the new covenant with the house of Israel and Judah! Not with the houses of Americans, French, German, Russians, Egyptians etc.etc.etc.etc.

YOu also use the word mediate ( for it is in Scripture) then deny its meaning. when one is a mediator, it means a covenant/contract/ agreement is being negotiated and has not gone into effect yet!

As for your last statement, that is nothing more than an arrogant lie! You think me unsaved? so be it! when I see you in heaven you will have already stood before the Lord and have had this lie burned up as wood hay and stubble.

It is nothing more than an empty boast.

All people!
Lk 2:10-11
Jn 1:29
Jn 3:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your use of these verses in erroneous. They are trying to repurpose those verses from what they are intended by God.

christ is the truth jn 14:6
Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32
The church is an extension of Christ to the whole world and all ages

Lk 10:16

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove it with verses please.

OK
Mt. 24:
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Joel 3:1-3
King James Version

3 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

Revelation 20
King James Version

20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This is after Jesus returns to earth and defeats Satan and the armies of the antichrist!

Nowhere iin Scripture does it even imply that jesus returns to eaeth and then wooshes right away or shortly after back to heaven.

For teh New Covenant- you and I have been dancing round and round on this. the only way you can justify the new covenant is not for Israel as written in Gods Word is to retranslate Israel and Judah to mean the church which is wrong!

As for a new temple in Jerusalem?

Rev. 12 John is told to not measure the outer court for it is given to the gentiles for 1260 days. So that directly says another temple has to be built! John wrote revelation c. 95AD

As for the Millenial temple?

Ez. 40:5-43-27 shows the measurement of the temple and the fact that Jesus enters in. Also, we know this is a future temple when the new covenant is fulfilled for, we see in Ez. 43:5-7 this:

5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house.

6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.

7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

So we see this temple is on earth and is future for though similar passages i nthis have not been fulfilled which requires a rebuilt temple and the Lord in all His glory enters in and abides there in accord with other prophecies.

As for teh sacrifices?

Ez. 44-46:24 show that in the millenial kingdom Israel will offer sacrifices. when you read carefully, we know this is not the 2nd or Zerubbabel/ Herodian temple for the prophecies and land did not come to pass, so it must still happen.

Ez. 47:1-12 shows a river that will flow from the temple which does not and has not existed.

Ez. 48:30-35 shows what Jerusalem shall be in the 1,000 year kingdom. The gates have never been named after teh twelve tribes and God says they shall be.

Also Zech 14:16-19 shows that all the nations will have to come to Jerusalem ( via a representative) and keep teh feast of tabernacles and worship Jesus in His house which is the temple! Any nation that doesn't will not have rain for a year!

These are some passages, but should be enough to show that Jesus reigns on earth! and it is for 1,000 years.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All people!
Lk 2:10-11
Jn 1:29
Jn 3:16

But those are not the new covenant. Here is the New Covenant. this is the only one God made with anyone:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Not one hint of a gentile mentioned here at all!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 4:14-16
14- Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15- For we have not a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16-
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.​

Context, context, context!

When the context is revealed we see that the subject of these 3 verses is Jesus, the Son of God; NOT MARY! Mary's name is not even mentioned in the book of Hebrew at all.

The throne of grace is always accessible through Christ. He is always ready to pardon. He is our redeemer. He is the Great High Priest of his people. He is always interceding.

It is called the throne of grace because the nature of the New Covenant. Because of Christ's work on the cross the believer feels himself united to God as a loving Father.

It is the mercy of Christ being shown in the context of these 3 verses; nowhere does it say, or even imply, that we receive mercy from Mary.

In Luke we find this about Mary in regards to her status:
verse 1 "...the virgin's name was Mary."
verse 30...the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
verse 38... Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." Note: Greek - ἡ δούλη, a female slave, bondmaid, handmaid: (Emphasis mine)
verse 46... And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord,​

But in Luke we have this about Mary:

Mat 1:25 - "...but [Joseph] knew her not.... until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus.

Mat 13:55...Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?

Mar 3:31-32...And his mother and his brothers came; and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting about him; and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, asking for you."

Mark 6:3... Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?”

Luk 8:19...Then his mother and his brothers came to him, but they could not reach him for the crowd.​

Jhn 2:12...After this he went down to Capernaum-um, with his mother and his brothers and his disciples; and there they stayed for a few days.

Jhn 7:3...So his brothers said to him, "Leave here and go to Judea, that your disciples may see the works you are doing.

Jhn 7:5...For even his brothers did not believe in him.

Jhn 7:10...But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly but in private. (Jewish feasts were always a "family" event.")

Mar 15:40...There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;​

Mar 16:1...And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. (Salome was his sister.)

Acts 1:14...“These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.”

1 Cor. 9:4-5, “Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?“

Gal. 1:19, “But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.“
Let’s briefly analyze a couple of verses dealing with the brothers of Jesus.

Matthew 12:46-47, “While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.”

Matthew 13:55, “Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?”

In both of these verses, if the brothers of Jesus are not brothers but His cousins, then who is His mother, and who is the carpenter’s father? In other words, mother here refers to Mary!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti 3:14-17..."But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

We have all we need right in God's Word. When we read notes in the bottom of our "Study Bibles" those notes become facts to the unlearned when in truth those notes are almost always biased towards a certain dogma; it's in the minds of those who want to promote their ideas as in dispensationalism today. The unwary newcomer becomes indoctrinated and when a person believes something strongly, even if they are repeatedly told that it is not in the gospel, it is very hard for them to let go because pride stands in their way. People don't want to be told they are wrong about something they have been told by their parents, their best friends or even by the pastor who holds some of these false doctrines.

Rev 22:18 "I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,"

A person does not have to write a new Bible to add something one believes should be in the Bible - like saying the "New Covenant" is not for this present period of time." That is saying something that is a false idea of man about God's Word that clearly contradicts scripture. In essence, they are adding to God's word even though it is simply spoken by mouth to others.

it don’t say “Bible alone”

and we must be taught matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 acts 8:31 the eunuch had scripture God sent an apostle to teach him truth without error

Philip preached Jesus. How did the eunuch learn about baptism!

the new covenant church is eternal and our holy mother, holy mother church Gal 4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But those are not the new covenant. Here is the New Covenant. this is the only one God made with anyone:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Not one hint of a gentile mentioned here at all!

who is the mediator of the new covenant

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moriah's Song said:
  • a new temple in Jerusalem (dispensationalism)
  • reinstating sacrifices in a literal millenium (dispensationalism)
  • Christ will be on earth for 1,000 years (dispensationalism)
  • the New Covenant is not now (dispensationalism)

Sorry but all these are found in the Bible!
Zec 6:12-13...and say to him, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: for he shall grow up in his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord....It is he who shall build the temple of the LORD, and shall bear royal honor, and shall sit and rule upon his throne. And there shall be a priest by his throne, and peaceful understanding shall be between them both."' (The Branch of course is Christ Jesus)

God's elect remnant are God's temple: (22 verses in all)

1Co 3:16...Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

1Co 3:17..If any one destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and that temple you are.

1Co 6:19...Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;

2Co 6:1...What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will live in them and move among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eph 2:19-22...So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."

2Th 2:4..."...who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.(temple = Greek "naos" = spiritual temple/not a literal temple at all. If this word "temple" was intended to be a "literal" temple, the Greek word "hieron" would have been used.)

Rev 3:12..."He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God" (This temple is in heaven - not an earthly temple according to the context.)

Rev 7:15...Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night within his temple; and he who sits upon the throne will shelter them with his presence. (Again, this scene is in heaven, not on earth.)

Rev 11:1-2...Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months. (This scene is also in heaven because the temple of God is in heaven because of the term "the holy city". The two previous verses as well as the remaining verses are all in heaven also.)

Rev 14:15...And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat upon the cloud, "Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe." (Angels don't come out of earthly temples. God here is sitting on a cloud from heaven waiting to begin Judgement Day)

Rev 14:17...And another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle.

Rev 15:5-6...After this I looked, and the temple of the tent of witness in heaven was opened, and out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues, robed in pure bright linen, and their breasts girded with golden girdles.

Rev 15:8...and the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were ended.

Rev 16:1...Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."

Rev 16:17...The seventh angel poured his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"

Rev 21:22...And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

(That says it all! Not once in any scripture does God tell us to build another literal temple on earth and you cannot find one!)

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it don’t say “Bible alone”

and we must be taught matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 acts 8:31 the eunuch had scripture God sent an apostle to teach him truth without error

Philip preached Jesus. How did the eunuch learn about baptism!
Act 8:27-36...And he rose and went. And behold, an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a minister of the Can'dace, queen of the Ethiopians, in charge of all her treasure, had come to Jerusalem to worship and was returning; seated in his chariot, he was reading the prophet Isaiah. And the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."

So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "How can I, unless some one guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Now the passage of the scripture which he was reading was this: "As a sheep led to the slaughter or a lamb before its shearer is dumb, so he opens not his mouth. In his humiliation justice was denied him. Who can describe his generation? For his life is taken up from the earth."

And the eunuch said to Philip, "About whom, pray, does the prophet say this, about himself or about some one else?" Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this scripture he told him the good news of Jesus.

And as they went along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, "See, here is water! What is to prevent my being baptized?"

P1 - The eunuch was reading God's word. (God's Word inspired him.)
P2- The eunuch asks Philip to guide him. (That is about what a pastor would do.)
P3- There was no New Covenant/Testament at that time so the eunuch could only read the OT.
P4- The eunuch asks Philip about who that scripture was about....just as my pastor does when I need further clarification about scripture.
P4- Then Philip told him all about Jesus. Jesus would not have known about Jesus if Philip had not been sent to him. It was the early means of spreading the gospel to the Gentles.
We all get out input from our pastors who expounds the meaning of certain scriptures to us....as long as he is using those verses in the manner in which God intended them to be used. And that is the important reason there are semenaries. Paul also learned from the 11 apostles more about the gospel after his encounter with the risen Christ and then waited 3 years before beginning his tours.

Now I personally have and use commentators, Interlinear Bibles, Bible Dictionaries, Bible study notes, and several lexicons before I come to a conclusion as to is more on target about what I see in scripture. Scripture for me is first and last word. But from what I see on forums like this is that more people should build a library of independant sources that are not biased and indoctrinated by their parents, friends or even the church they went to since infants. My pastor told me years ago to "question every new thing that comes along" becuase there is SO much false doctrine out there that you need to be able to determine truth from error.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And anyone in the new covenant communion of saints can pray and intercede for one and other especially powerful are the prayers of Mary
Where in Scripture does it say that we should pray to each other? Jesus taught us how to pray. He told us we should pray to our Father in heaven, and not to anybody else. Matthew 6:9 - Jesus said, "Pray like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, ...".

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu also use the word mediate ( for it is in Scripture) then deny its meaning. when one is a mediator, it means a covenant/contract/ agreement is being negotiated and has not gone into effect yet!
Before discussing the New Covenant that you deny exist for the church of Christ during this period before Judgement Day comes we should discuss just what you said a "mediator" is and does and then we can discuss some of your other points you made.

R-Nolette - (Post #495) Quote: "YOu also use the word mediate ( for it is in Scripture) then deny its meaning. when one is a mediator, it means a covenant/contract/ agreement is being negotiated and has not gone into effect yet!"

Your points are that:
1- you say I deny its meaning
2- it means a covenant/contract/agreement
3- it is being negotiated
4- and the NC has not gone into effect yet.​

First though we need to understand from lexicons and Bible Definitions for "mediator" is so that you won't have to take my word for it. I want you to read what highly educated scholars have written who are much, much more educated than you and I are on this very, very important word "mediator".

A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Used of Moses, as one who brought the commands of God to the people of Israel and acted as mediator with God on behalf of the people... Christ is called "mediator" since he interposed by his death and restored the harmony between God and man which human sin had broken, Gal 3:201 Tim 2:5, Heb 8:6, 9:15, 112:24.​

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia: Our inquiry will have shown how central and prominent is the idea of mediation throughout the Scriptures. We might even say it supplies the key to the unity of the Bible. In the Old Testament the principle is given "in divers portions and in divers manners," but in the New Testament it converges in the doctrine of the person and work of the One final Mediator, the Son of God. Amid all the rich diversity of the various parts of the New Testament, there is one fundamental conception common to all, that of Christ as at once the interpreter of God to men and the door of access for men to God.​

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: "a go-between" (from mesos, "middle," and eimi, "to go"), is used in two ways in the NT,
(a) "one who mediates" between two parties with a view to producing peace, as in 1Ti 2:5, though more than mere "mediatorship" is in view, for the salvation of men necessitated that the Mediator should Himself possess the nature and attributes of Him towards whom He acts, and should likewise participate in the nature of those for whom He acts (sin apart); only by being possessed both of deity and humanity could He comprehend the claims of the one and the needs of the other; further, the claims and the needs could be met only by One who, Himself being proved sinless, would offer Himself an expiatory sacrifice on behalf of men;
(b) "one who acts as a guarantee" so as to secure something which otherwise would not be obtained. Thus in Hbr 8:6; 9:15; 12:24 Christ is the Surety of "the better covenant," "the new covenant," guaranteeing its terms for His people.

In Gal 3:19 Moses is spoken of as a "mediator," and the statement is made that "a mediator is not a mediator of one," Gal 3:20, that is, of one party. Here the contrast is between the promise given to Abraham and the giving of the Law. The Law was a covenant enacted between God and the Jewish people, requiring fulfillment by both parties. But with the promise to Abraham, all the obligations were assumed by God, which is implied in the statement, "but God is one." In the Sept., Job 9:33, "daysman."​

Through scripture research of all verses that use the word "mediator" in it I found these verses in various versions which are:

Job 33:23...If there be for him an angel, a mediator, one of the thousand, to declare to man what is right for him; (RSV)
Job 9:33-34...If only there were a mediator between us, someone who could bring us together. The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment. (NLT)

Isa 42:6..."I, the LORD, officially commission you; I take hold of your hand. I protect you and make you a covenant mediator for people, and a light to the nations,
Isa 49:8...This is what the LORD says: "At the time I decide to show my favor, I will respond to you; in the day of deliverance I will help you; I will protect you and make you a covenant mediator for people, to rebuild the land and to reassign the desolate property.

Gal 3:19-20... Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people. Now a mediator is helpful if more than one party must reach an agreement. But God, who is one, did not use a mediator when he gave his promise to Abraham. (NLT)

1Ti 2:5...For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Heb 8:6...But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. (KJV)
Heb 9:15...Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant.
Heb 12:24...and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel.​

My conclusion of your interpretation that says that...."it means a covenant/contract/ agreement is being negotiated and has not gone into effect yet!" is that, based on the above research, the New Covenant was up NOT for "negotiation" on the part of mankind and that there is NO indications at all in the above that the New Covenant "has not gone into effect yet." In truth, from scripture alone, it is completely opposite of what your false interpretation of the New Covenant that Christ shed his blood for.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant, prophetically stated at Jeremiah 31:31-34, replaced the Mosaic Law covenant that was in force for over 1,500 years and that was "a guardian leading to the Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith." (Gal 3:24)

The apostle Paul then said: "But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian (or Mosaic Law)."(Gal 3:24) But what is the "new covenant" ? The King James Bible obscures Jesus words at Luke 22:28-30, in which the King James Bible reads: "Ye (or Jesus eleven faithful apostles) are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me. That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

But a more accurate Bible reads: "However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant (Greek diatheke) with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, so that you may (symbolically) eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the (symbolic) 12 tribes of Israel."(New World Translation)

What Jesus said is about the new covenant, ' a covenant for a kingdom ' or heavenly government, that Jesus spoke of some 100 times during his ministry.(see Matt 6:9, 10; Matt 13; Luke 8:1) Just as the Mosaic Law covenant that was established with the nation of Israel in 1513 B.C.E. was validated or made legal by blood, the blood of animals (Ex 24:3-8), so likewise of the new covenant, in which Jesus perfect shed blood was the means of validation.(Luke 22:19, 20; 1 Cor 11:25; Heb 9:12; Note: the King James Bible reads "new testament" at Luke 22:20, which is inaccurate, for Jesus used the Greek word diatheke [meaning "a disposition, specially a contract"] that means "covenant", as at Luke 1:72 and not the Greek word marturia [meaning "evidence given"] that means "testimony", as at Mark 14:55, in which the King James Bible reads as "council")

The apostle Paul speaks of the new covenant at Hebrews 8, quoting from Jeremiah 31, saying: "If that first covenant (or Mosaic Law covenant) had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second. For he does find fault with the people when he says: “‘Look ! The days are coming,’ says Jehovah, ‘when I will make with the (symbolic) house of Israel and with the (symbolic) house of Judah a new covenant. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they did not remain in my covenant, so I stopped caring for them,’ says Jehovah."(Heb 8:7-9)

Paul now says: "For this is the covenant that I will make with the (symbolic) house of Israel (or "Israel of God", Gal 6:16, or spiritual Israel, that make up God's heavenly Kingdom, that is composed of both Jew and Gentile, see Rom 11:11) after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their mind, and in their hearts I will write them. And I will become their God, and they will become my people. And they will no longer teach each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying: “Know Jehovah !” For they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful toward their unrighteous deeds, and I will no longer call their sins to mind. In his saying “a new covenant,” he has made the former one (or Mosaic Law covenant) obsolete. Now what is obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away."(Heb 8:10-13)

Unlike the Mosaic Law covenant that was a code of some 600 laws written down, the "new covenant" and its laws are "in their mind, and in their hearts", so that those who make up God's Kingdom of 144,001 (Jesus being the "one", with the rest being 144,000 imperfect but loyal individuals chosen by Jehovah, 2 Thess 2:13; Rev 7:4), are able to grasp what Jehovah loves and what he hates, teaching sincere individuals what the Bible really teaches.(Matt 28:19, 20)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some people do not understand this and they quote 1 John 3:9 in order to accuse others of not being true Christians – “Whosoever is born [begotten] of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born [begotten] of God”. They think this means that if you commit just one sin, then you cannot be a true Christian, failing to understand that no Christian is completely righteous (Romans 3:10, Psalms 14:2-3) or perfect, and will not be until their resurrection. In the meantime we struggle to be overcomers of the temptations of the flesh, and the world, and Satan, and though we sometimes fail we must never give up trying, nor give up the desire to be righteous. Though we cannot yet be perfect in our thoughts, words and actions, we can have a desire to be perfect. “But if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me” (Romans 7:20 - MKJV).

This post is a symptom of the lack of spiritual experience in the modern church. It may seem that the New Covenant grace has not yet been made available...but that is because of the superficiality of the seeking of God among those who are told they already possess all the grace they need.

So then the current state of the church is a reflection to the great delusion whereby people can no longer tolerate sound doctrine.

But the grace is here to walk as Jesus walked...it's just that very few will seek the Lord at the appropriate depth in order to find it. A few believers are indeed under the New Covenant. But most are under the law and walk in their own strength. The supernatural walk of a resurrection life that overcomes all things is unknown but for a few. Isn't that what Jesus was saying when He said that few will find the narrow road?

If Paul is testifying of the NT grace in his letters...that means it's for now. And there are a few who can testify of that grace...although they will be ignored and resisted by those who are carnal in their ways.

As long as we abide in Christ we do not sin...because we are walking in an eternal life, power, and reality. What is eternal trumps what is temporal. In Christ there is no sin. The fact that so few have experienced this has more to do with the quality of people's faith...not the availability of being under grace and the headship of Christ.

Will Jesus find faith in the Earth? This is the time of great apostasy from the faith. The Reformation has done more harm than good to people who may have sought God's face otherwise.

How deep are God's ways! And to discover Him where He is...in Zion...has been kept secret by those who control the thoughts of the religiously inclined. Walking in Christ is the best-kept secret in the world.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike the Mosaic Law covenant that was a code of some 600 laws written down, the "new covenant" and its laws are "in their mind, and in their hearts", so that those who make up God's Kingdom of 144,001 (Jesus being the "one", with the rest being 144,000 imperfect but loyal individuals chosen by Jehovah, 2 Thess 2:13; Rev 7:4), are able to grasp what Jehovah loves and what he hates, teaching sincere individuals what the Bible really teaches.(Matt 28:19, 20)
JW's are members of a cult. Christianity does not consider their false teaching to be Christ centered for many good reason.