Church of England (CoE) to Create "Pagan" Christian Churches...Ummm, say what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is training ministers to create “a pagan church where Christianity [is] very much in the centre” to attract spiritual believers.

Ministers are being trained to create new forms of Anglicanism suitable for people of alternative beliefs as part of a Church of England drive to retain congregation numbers.

Reverend Steve Hollinghurst, a researcher and adviser in new religious movements told the BBC: “I would be looking to formulate an exploration of the Christian faith that would be at home in their culture.”
Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10133906/Church-of-England-creating-pagan-church-to-recruit-members.html

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HammerStone said:
I heard about this on the radio this morning.

BTW you link doesn't work if you have accessed more than the limit for the month (as I have!).

Looked on the BBC website but all it says about this is:

"The Church of England is making efforts to recruit the increasing number of pagans and others who follow alternative spiritualties. As the BBC's religious affairs correspondent Robert Pigott reports, the church is training pioneer ministers to create new forms of Anglicanism suitable for spiritual seekers."

Niki

May 28, 2013
Sounds about right for the gospel according to man's sinful, fallen nature.

Church of satan, what?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Mungo said:
BTW you link doesn't work if you have accessed more than the limit for the month (as I have!).
Try turning off your modem for a while to see if you can get a new IP address when you turn it back on. Or it may just be a cookie issue. Delete all cookies from telegraph.co.uk

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, now the Catholc church is getting maligned by this foolishness? Crazy!