Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See yalls day is usually my night I believe. It is 7:08pm right now, here in Indiana. So if I am not posting 1 to 3am my time, that is actually a good thing, because Lorena wakes me at 7:30am usually. Lately Ive got to bed by midnight, which is really rather good for me. Except last couple days I got into my Harvest Moon game.

You and I are in the same time zone Mayflower!

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been on here daily. Lol. Y'all are the ones that haven't been on. :D But I havent posted very much. Some in my blog. I get lost reading the discussions. I really should focus more in the fellowship and devotion threads.

Well, as for myself, I am on and off allot as, my life has become busier but, I get on every chance I get! I know that tonight I might not be on allot as, I am starting a new study and will be reading some of the Psalms...BUT-I am sure I will be on at some point tonight...I really need to get back into the Word more, and I promised myself to read and meditate on at least one chapter tonight ♥
I wonder why I never read the blogs?? I shall have to start checking that one out!
xo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as for myself, I am on and off allot as, my life has become busier but, I get on every chance I get! I know that tonight I might not be on allot as, I am starting a new study and will be reading some of the Psalms...BUT-I am sure I will be on at some point tonight...I really need to get back into the Word more, and I promised myself to read and meditate on at least one chapter tonight ♥
I wonder why I never read the blogs?? I shall have to start checking that one out!
xo

Well my blog is just journaling dreams right now. Seeing what good things I can glean from them. Pearl's inspiration. :)

And I really love the Psalms. I love Psalm 139 the most.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my blog is just journaling dreams right now. Seeing what good things I can glean from them. Pearl's inspiration. :)

Any good gleanings?? I do not remember my dreams. Haven't for many years. Even the kind that you remember when you first wake up and it's gone within like a minute, lol, are gone too. Well, at least if I have a nightmare, I won't know :D
I will have to check out the Blog area, and I'll look for yours. ♥

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I started a blog but it just got lost so I but my life lessons and dreams in a thread and that got lost too.:eek:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking of getting me some decaf. My hubby picked up a wrong box, but it turned out good. I can drink it at night. Y'all like coffee?

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of getting me some decaf. My hubby picked up a wrong box, but it turned out good. I can drink it at night. Y'all like coffee?
I mostly drink tea - Earl Grey, black no sugar, but I do like a coffee sometimes, quite strong and bitter Americano with cream and sugar and also caramel latte.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mostly drink tea - Earl Grey, black no sugar, but I do like a coffee sometimes, quite strong and bitter Americano with cream and sugar and also caramel latte.

I like Earl Grey too. So does Captain Jean Luc Picard from ther U.S.S Enterprise (bit of a fan :) )

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got into a good book tonight. I dont read often, but this summer reading program is going on. Thought Id try to read something more then a few pages for my daughter in it. It is really good. It is The Circle Series by Ted Dekker. First book, -Black. I hadnt read it in a long time. Usually the Bible is the only book I read and children's books.

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I liked tea but, it is a rare day if I ever get a taste for it. Huh, some Brit I'd make :rolleyes:. I'm a wannabe Londoner :D

I always thought biscuits with tea sounded like it wasnt a good mix, but then I learned it was a cookie over there. Bahaha

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy
B

Butterfly

I always thought biscuits with tea sounded like it wasnt a good mix, but then I learned it was a cookie over there. Bahaha
So what is a biscuit in the US ?
If your common over here, which I am , you can dunk your biscuit ( cookie ) into your tea - you have to be quick to take it out and eat it though !! Lol
Years ago I remember some of my older relatives pouring thier tea from the cup into the saucer to drink it - I have no idea why !! ( I seldom use a cup and saucer now, mainly mugs )
I see you have all had a chatty night, and a late night for you @Pearl - I went to bed quite early, and slept. I don't think the weather is going to be ok today- not sure.
Good luck with the study @Nancy
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is a biscuit in the US ?
If your common over here, which I am , you can dunk your biscuit ( cookie ) into your tea - you have to be quick to take it out and eat it though !! Lol
Years ago I remember some of my older relatives pouring thier tea from the cup into the saucer to drink it - I have no idea why !! ( I seldom use a cup and saucer now, mainly mugs )
I see you have all had a chatty night, and a late night for you @Pearl - I went to bed quite early, and slept. I don't think the weather is going to be ok today- not sure.
Good luck with the study @Nancy
Rita

To answer your question, I believe the equivalent of a US biscuit in the UK is cob. At least from what google told me LOL

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen