Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's an absolutely gorgeous morning here today, sunshine and clear blue skies. We had 2,000 cyclists riding down our road yesterday. They were competing in the Ironman contest. Before they started cycling they'd done a 4.5 mile swim, the cycling tour was 112 miles on the roads - lots of roads in the area were closed - and then they had to run a marathon starting in our park across the road, and finishing in the town centre.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an absolutely gorgeous morning here today, sunshine and clear blue skies. We had 2,000 cyclists riding down our road yesterday. They were competing in the Ironman contest. Before they started cycling they'd done a 4.5 mile swim, the cycling tour was 112 miles on the roads - lots of roads in the area were closed - and then they had to run a marathon starting in our park across the road, and finishing in the town centre.
Oh wow, 2000 of them. Where I used to live, every August there was a big Harley Davidson group who would meet out that way and we would watch them all pass our house. There were quite a few but, not 2000!!! Awesome.
xo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow, 2000 of them. Where I used to live, every August there was a big Harley Davidson group who would meet out that way and we would watch them all pass our house. There were quite a few but, not 2000!!! Awesome.
xo
They started the event at 6am and the cyclists were still passing our house at 6pm and they had to run a marathon after that to complete the triathlon course. Rather them than me. I bet the Harleys were noisy. But it's surprising how much noise the cycles make. It wasn't like a normal cycle event where they are all bunched up together but they are staggered so two or three or one on his/her own.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They started the event at 6am and the cyclists were still passing our house at 6pm and they had to run a marathon after that to complete the triathlon course. Rather them than me. I bet the Harleys were noisy. But it's surprising how much noise the cycles make. It wasn't like a normal cycle event where they are all bunched up together but they are staggered so two or three or one on his/her own.

Now, that is what I call running the race! Ha! If only Christians, on the whole, would run the race set before US like the biker/triathlon folks do. And, good thing they straggled...you would never have been able to cross the street! :D We have several biking events here throughout the Spring-Fall.
Yes, the Harleys were loud but, I was living in ski country at the time, on a property of over 9 acres so, we were well back from the road.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everyone :) nice to be here. Loving this forum already (plus I love coffee too :) ). Hope everyone has a good day :)
Hi Mandy!
Welcome to the forum ♥ This is a wonderful forum...not perfect but the best I've been on so far! Stick around and, I know you will find good fellowship and learning from each other.
nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone :) nice to be here. Loving this forum already (plus I love coffee too :) ). Hope everyone has a good day :)
Hi Mandy there are some nice folk on here. Hope you enjoy our company.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
At my age, makes me tired even to watch all that energy being expended on the bikes... :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At my age, makes me tired even to watch all that energy being expended on the bikes... :)
The youngest competitor was 17 and the oldest 70. I have never been a sports person.

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My wife will turn 60 soon; I guess I'm not too far behind; we also have had our health issues for quite a while...
My husband is 80 as I already said, and I'm 77 but young at heart.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I already figured quite a while ago that you are young of heart...

My wife and I keep looking up. God bless you guys.
My daughter forgets how old I am because she says I don't seem old. :D

Reactions: farouk