Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't drink coffee either, but find that "going to the coffee" shop to be common social gathering place to meet with people and catch up on things. I used to have a group we went weekly to a local place to write papers together (work thing). Hey, the barista even recognized me-- I was the lady who always showed up Friday at 9 am, and ordered the keesh - and just the keesh (it was good!).
What is keesh? I never heard of it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I gave up coffee decades ago... :)

(Must be almost on my own in North America...)

If it's not too noisy, Starbucks can be a good place for tea and for reading a book...
The Starbucks here is in our Market Place on the top level.
348s.jpg

Reactions: farouk

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone here try Peet’s coffee? I see it at the supermarket, is it any good and which strength and flavor do you recommend?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone here try Peet’s coffee? I see it at the supermarket, is it any good and which strength and flavor do you recommend?
I never heard of that one in the UK, but then again I don't buy real coffee just the instant stuff my husband likes. But I do like a decent cup of coffee when we're out.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Over here they hardly seem to know about the instant variety...
I don't particularly like instant. I have bought the real stuff but I don't drink enough of it to make it worth buying. At home I usually drink tea.

Reactions: JohnPaul and farouk

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't particularly like instant. I have bought the real stuff but I don't drink enough of it to make it worth buying. At home I usually drink tea.
I use to drink instant when I was a kid because that’s what my parents drank, haven’t had instant in years, tea I don’t really care for, I have some sleep tea once in awhile to help me relax before I sleep.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I use to drink instant when I was a kid because that’s what my parents drank, haven’t had instant in years, tea I don’t really care for, I have some sleep tea once in awhile to help me relax before I sleep.
I've tried special sleep tea but I don't like the taste. If I need something at bedtime I'll have a decaf Earl Grey or Camomile with peppermint because I don't like camomile on its own.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We have run out of our supply of sleep tea, it seems... :)

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've tried special sleep tea but I don't like the taste. If I need something at bedtime I'll have a decaf Earl Grey or Camomile with peppermint because I don't like camomile on its own.
The one I drink is Sleepy Time extra it has Valeria, Chamomile and other teas, but to be honest it never makes me sleepy.