Come to Worship the Lord in Jerusalem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Its time for people here and Christians around the world to realize that the Lord has plainly told us what He intends to do and many indications show that these big changes could be quite soon.

Jeremiah 50:33 The peoples of Israel and Judah are both oppressed, their captors hold them fast and will not let them go.

The Dispersion and exile of both Israel and Judah is still enforced. Although part of Judah have returned to part of the Land, we await their gathering and settling into ALL of the holy Land, along with every other born again Christian believer.

Jeremiah 50:34 &45-46, Jeremiah 51:1-4 & 52-57 But they have a Powerful Advocate, whose name is Y’hovah, He Himself will take up their cause. Listen, therefore to His purpose against all the Babylonish lands: In the horror of this terrible time, even children will be caught. The earth will quake and the great sound of destruction will be heard around the world. I will let loose My destroyer against My enemies, it will winnow and assail their lands from all directions on the Day of their disaster. No one will be unaffected and all military powers will be utterly destroyed.

Some of Jeremiah’s prophecies about Babylon were fulfilled in ancient times, but what is quoted above, must be yet to happen, as the earthquakes and loud noise did not occur at the conquest of Babylon by Cyrus. The same ‘Babylon’ as above is referred to in Revelation 17 & 18, and is obviously a modern city or entity. Its destruction ‘in a single hour’, will be the many prophesied fire judgement of the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 3:8

Revelation 18:3 All the nations have drunk the wine of God’s anger, that is roused by the sins of Babylon...Revelation 17:15. Therefore this will be a worldwide punishment.

Jeremiah 51:6 & 45 & 50 Flee out of Babylon, each person for themselves or you will perish for its sins, for this is the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath and He is paying her full recompense. My people, come out from her, [The ungodly nations] let everyone save themselves from the fierce anger of the Lord. You that have escaped death, go, do not linger. Remember the Lord from afar and bring to mind your rightful heritage in the holy Land. Zechariah 2:6-7, Ephesians 3:6

The Lord’s people, those who love Him and keep His commandments, Christians from every race, nation and language, need to save themselves, or they will perish along with the ungodly during the time of ‘the fierce, burning anger of the Lord’. Ezekiel 21:4, Isaiah 26:20-21

Firstly you must be aware of what is coming and if you hold to beliefs that are unsupported by scripture, such as a ‘rapture’ at this time, then you will be shocked and unprepared for this sudden and terrifying event. Isaiah 30:26 specifically identifies an explosion on the suns surface as what will happen. We will actually have up to 24 hours warning before the arrival of the main superheated mass, so you must get under cover for protection against the high temperatures, powerful winds, earthquakes and tsunamis of that Day. We are told to both: ‘Call on the Name of the Lord’ Joel 2:32, Isaiah 58:9 and also to be proactive by making preparations for this CME. Isaiah 26:20-21

Then; ‘you that have escaped death’, when the call to go to the holy Land comes, be ready to go by whatever means available to you. Psalms 107, Isaiah 66:18b-21

Great will be the day when we all live together, in peace and prosperity! Zechariah 3:10

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
balk? i said that the Absolute part is the part that matters to conform with our desires to find proof and state facts?
Proof and facts ostensibly comport with truth and absolutes, don't they?
Otherwise we are compelled to add "imo" or "as near as i can determine" or even "maybe, maybe not."
So maybe you mean "insist upon" or something, or i am not getting you yet, sorry

I may have misunderstood you? I have come to think that you believe that there are no absolutes. As near as I could determine. :D But, yeah, nothing but the facts is my preference. Though exploring what those established facts may suggest is a potentially profitable exercise. Provided the type of disclaimers you mention are issued.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have come to think that you believe that there are no absolutes. As near as I could determine. :D
well, you are welcome to try and post one, and we can see, but tbh i guess we will both have a slightly diff def of AT or even Scriptural truth, for instance "God never does anything without making it known through his prophets first" is certainly true in some sense to any believer, but when Trump or whoever is then claimed as a prophet it maybe becomes clearer what the truth really is? So it really becomes another way to establish one's beliefs as truth i guess; pigs can fly, and that is the truth. The deceived are deceived precisely bc we hold our beliefs as Absolute Truths i guess

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you are welcome to try and post one, and we can see, but tbh i guess we will both have a slightly diff def of AT or even Scriptural truth, for instance "God never does anything without making it known through his prophets first" is certainly true in some sense to any believer, but when Trump or whoever is then claimed as a prophet it maybe becomes clearer what the truth really is? So it really becomes another way to establish one's beliefs as truth i guess; pigs can fly, and that is the truth. The deceived are deceived precisely bc we hold our beliefs as Absolute Truths i guess

God is.

Reactions: amadeus and Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is/are Absolute Truths, undoubtedly, but I fear few of us even know what they might be, let alone, follow them.
well, i see that all circles are still round, so rather than disagree i would say remember that the point there was really more about making statements of belief as if they were AT. I mean i certainly believe the tenets of Christianity

Reactions: Willie T

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is/are Absolute Truths, undoubtedly, but I fear few of us even know what they might be, let alone, follow them.

But if we don't determine absolute truths then why would any further beliefs, or belief system, be reliable?

What would our 'truths' be based on? We must build on a reliable foundation.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if we don't determine absolute truths then why would any further beliefs, or belief system, be reliable?

What would our 'truths' be based on? We must build on a reliable foundation.
Do you REALLY think God is going to judge ANY of us by whether or not we got things right.... or by whether we lived life as we did because we loved Him?

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you REALLY think God is going to judge ANY of us by whether or not we got things right.... or by whether we lived life as we did because we loved Him?

I really think that I never said anything about judgment.

However, we have to get basic (absolute) truths right about whether or not Jesus is God. If we do not apprehend even enough truth to believe that Jesus is God then it is impossible to believe in Him. Much less love Him.

Jesus said "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

So we need to know what those are.

Will we be held accountable for what we know? Yes. Will we be held accountable for willful ignorance? I think so.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come to Worship the Lord in Jerusalem

But should you walk in the streets of Jerusalem, please bring with you a scarf to cover your face cause you might be spit on.

It seems it’s their way of saying hello to Christians.

Just a friendly suggestion; take it or leave it

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
B

brakelite

I have trouble justifying any belief that God does not hold accountable people who sincerely but wrongfully believed they were correct in what they believe and acted accordingly, (like murdering abortion doctors) when the true nature of their actions is clearly revealed in scripture.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have trouble justifying any belief that God does not hold accountable people who sincerely but wrongfully believed they were correct in what they believe and acted accordingly, (like murdering abortion doctors) when the true nature of their actions is clearly revealed in scripture.
What was Saul's punishment for his misguided killing and imprisoning of Followers of The Way before he became Paul? As I recall, he was just asked why he was doing that.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was Saul's punishment for his misguided killing and imprisoning of Followers of The Way before he became Paul? As I recall, he was just asked why he was doing that.

Saul believed on Jesus and repented. That still works.

I do agree that people who mean well, follow their conscience, but are on wrong on weightier matters of doctrine and not understanding more esoteric biblical concepts will not be judged for their failure to comprehend intellectually. Its not like a college exam on anything. But Paul said even those who have not been preached to will be responsible for nature's testimony of the Creator and their conscience. In case it seems that I was saying head knowledge and doctrine is more important than one's heart then that just is not so. Let's put out pencils down. :)

Yeah, abortionist must have seared their consciences long ago. It isn't even 'ignorance of the law'. Its actually violating their consciences which would include how we act toward Jesus.

My point was that some things can be known and must be known as a basis for our belief systems to be built upon. This 'nobody don't know nuthin' stuff ain't working.

"Right believing leads to right living" (Joseph Prince) is something that I help you defend to the 'Interlinear Hit Squad' about 2.5 years ago on some big Christian forum while I was there briefly. Don't mean to spring this on you or play 'gotcha' in anyway, but it is interesting that this topic is how we reconnected. I don't remember my nickname nor even the name of the forum. I just remember lots of yellow that I cannot find anymore.

Blessings Willie T

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long, Blueberry, as we are both saying that people aren't saved by only believing certain particular "correct" denominational doctrine.

Thanks, BTW, for the backup way back then.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long, Blueberry, as we are both saying that people aren't saved by only believing certain particular "correct" denominational doctrine.

Thanks, BTW, for the backup way back then.

Yeah I thought I was being misunderstood somewhat. I mean we need to believe the core tenets as I believe bbyrd009 stated. We're sinners and we need Jesus to save us. He was crucified, buried and resurrected. Some of it is non-negotiable. But, yeah, much of the peripheral stuff that most people spend the majority of time arguing over is a sad waste of time and energy.