Concede Now, or Concede Later.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually it's quite narrow: it's called Scripture.

Really, so which Scripture is too narrow for you?
Objectivity is the child of wisdom. Love it and windows open. Despise it and windows stay closed.

Jesus wasn't rebuking narrowness of Scripture.

What Jesus rebuked was all the expanded traditions and commandments men made up for themselves out of Scripture.

Jesus came in the flesh to return to God's narrowness of what is written.

Jesus' pronouncement on the matter is every Scripture written by His prophets and apostles, which is every word that proceeded from the mouth of God.

There are no new words of Scripture proceeding from the mouth of God today. If someone says there is, then it is words proceeding from an angel or man not of God today.

If anyone thinks they are getting new light outside of Scripture, called revelation not of old flesh and blood prophets and apostles, then their new light is darkness indeed.

Don't go there. Especially if it somehow justifies us sinning and still being saved.

Afterall, that's what all this is about: getting rid of pen and paper Scriptural authority, just to be be rid of James 2, that we are justified by works, and not by faith only.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But also, having announced the coming of "all truth" during the church age by the spirit, which was foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter on the day of Pentecost, Jesus would have been kicking it off...which then according to Him would be the way that the church would receive truth, just as He told Peter was how he had come to know that Jesus was the Christ, saying "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven." All of which then is the playbook, and what we should expect during these times.

And so Jesus' playbook kicked off with the prophets and apostles of old, is still in play today, for new revelation to add to what is already written by flesh and blood of old.

So, are there any new revelations of truth to add? Anyone know of one?

No...that explanation has Peter contradicting himself and Jesus: Peter, in that he confirmed the Spirit at Pentecost, and Jesus, who said that we would be perfect just as God is perfect--who is spirit. So no, which would mean that the "more sure word of prophecy" was and is rather by the Spirit.

And so, the more sure word of prophecy recieved from the holy mount is ongoing to day, which is not already written of old by them who did see Him on the mount.

So, what sure word of prophecy and gospel truth by them hearing from the mount, is here for us today? Anyone got one of those sure words?

As for Jesus restating the scriptures to the disciples on the road, it was not prophecy, but history.

It was ministry for now, not Scripture that is history. No Scriptural truth of God and Jesus Christ is history. Scripture is still the only truth by which to minister the gospel of Jesus, He did so for Himself, and His ministers will do the same.

Scripture of old flesh and blood is not made history by God today, in order to make way for new revelation of truth and Scripture.

Yeah, the fear of some is even so great that the Spirit would become an excuse for some to get away with whatever false notions please them, that they want nothing to do with anything spiritual, even turning to the scriptures as the Pharisees did. Which of course was not the answer, for it caused them to reject the Word become flesh.

I.e. spiritual cowards are Pharisees that will not hear new revelation truth of the Spirit, except it be confirmed by Scripture, they are afraid of hearing new things not written in Scripture already.

The Pharisees did not reject Jesus, because they were supposedly defending the Scriptures, but because Jesus was re-establishing the scriptures as written, to be the only revealed truth of God on earth, and so was rebuking all their added traditions and commandments to Moses and the prophets.

So it is with any new revelator, that is angered by Christians that judge their new revelation by what is already written, Those defending the gospel as written in Scripture are the flesh and bones of Jesus on earth today.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, if as it was seen on the day of Pentecost, the Word becomes flesh within those of His body--how shall we avoid the chaos without rejecting those who come after Christ the firstfruits?

Those coming after Christ:

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

That says it all: those with new revelation of gospel truth, not given to His apostles, but now coming after Christ and them today.

Is there any such new revelation to make the partial truth of Scripture into all truth? What is it? Where is it? Who will declare it?

Afterall, this is the time NOW.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a big one for many. I personally do not fear the wave of chatter that surely ensues...as it has been said many times, "he who has an ear, let him hear." The battle is won.

So, what is that new revelation that is won hands down? Who can declare it?

The Bible clearly teaches through the imagery of the Dan. 2 statue that the Kingdom of God has not arrived.

So your take is Daniel was right, and Jesus and I are erroneous.

Has someone just declared himself to be one coming after Christ, so that it is now Jesus and I????

If we bring Scripture against the one coming after Christ, it is now Scripture being pitted against the new revealed scripture of Jesus and I???

What exactly is this new revelation of Jesus and I, that no man has yet to hear on earth, neither by prophet nor apostle??

See--that is a perfect example of pitting scripture against scripture, and not reconciling them (and accomplishing nothing and remaining in darkness). Which I have reconciled, but apparently you have not.
A perfect example of pitting Scripture of old against new Scripture of Jesus and I, who has come after Christ.

Which is not to say that things are perfect, but that things should remain imperfect until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled--even though the reign of Christ began when He had overcome the world, and “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

The time of the Gentiles is fulfilled NOW: Jesus and I has come.

It is no more Jesus, not I, but not Jesus and I.

The thing that was to be different during our times, is that those who love God would not continue to reject Him and those whom He sends. "My sheep here My voice" is to be within and written on our hearts. Meanwhile, we also have the dividing of the wheat and tares, and the sheep from the goats, the wise from the foolish, the faithful from the unfaithful. And His spirit is poured out upon all flesh, even the evil, until the end.

Jesus and I says They will write new Scripture on our hearts, if we will hear Their voice?

That's a pretty big ask.

But, let's at least hear this new revelation from Jesus and I.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so, who wants to hear the new revelation of truth from Jesus and I?

Anybody?

Or is Jesus and I all theory and no revelation?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to worry. The Spirit is working.

After the priests and elders called for the crucifixion of Jesus and it was finished, both Peter and Stephen retraced the steps leading up to the error, and then pointed it out. The error of the church is not unlike that same error, which was not recognizing Jesus when he came.

At the beginning of our own current church age, Jesus warned that His return would not be when expected, and that He would come soon and that all that He had told them would shortly come to pass. After which both Peter and Paul foretold the consequences of believing the lie that would ensue from false preachers entering into the church. And then it was all given the power of God at Pentecost.

All of which should rightly lead to the conclusion that we are in grave need of corrections. And yet the dominating position is to do what the Pharisees did with insistence upon scripture only, or the taking up of a position of all things spiritual are bad.

So, here we go again, repeating biblical history. Apparently we are not wanting or ready for all truth as promised.
Glorious. Jesus and I have come, and those sticking to Scripture only, are too blind to see it, because they are not spiritual enough.

The only problem is, we keep hearing about being too blind to be corrected by Jesus and I, but all we get is the lead up to the correction.

What exactly is this correction for the church? What is this new revelation of truth that Jesus and I have for us?

Enough catting around the bushes about it.

If there is some new great revelation of truth that corrects the church, tell it already.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We" is the new "You."
"?" is the new "."
"Mocking" is the new "correcting."

o_O

I don't hardly think so.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where?

Is it the doctrine of new revelation from the Spirit, without need of Scripture to confirm it?

And seeking to judge new revelation by Scripture is pitting one scripture against another, as though personal revelation is equal to Scripture?

Is that it?

If so, what new revelation is there? NOW is the time, not later.
Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those coming after Christ:

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

That says it all: those with new revelation of gospel truth, not given to His apostles, but now coming after Christ and them today.

Is there any such new revelation to make the partial truth of Scripture into all truth? What is it? Where is it? Who will declare it?

Afterall, this is the time NOW.
So...[you] mock the idea of all truth coming according to the promise from Christ. So noted, so it shall be written.

And you claim that Christ the firstfruits is the beginning of those born of a false christ and false prophet. Fine. So noted.

As for revelations of what has been written but not fully revealed leading to all truth as promised, here's one: A Mystery Revealed (for the first time).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has someone just declared himself to be one coming after Christ, so that it is now Jesus and I????
Just as it is with all who are born of the Spirit of God following Christ the firstfruits.

But--wow--you are really digging a bigger hole for yourself!

God is not mocked.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...[you] mock the idea of all truth coming according to the promise from Christ. So noted, so it shall be written.

And you claim that Christ the firstfruits is the beginning of those born of a false christ and false prophet. Fine. So noted.

As for revelations of what has been written but not fully revealed leading to all truth as promised, here's one: A Mystery Revealed (for the first time).
Jesus and I have spoken, so let it be written, let it be done. And noted.

I already read that stuff referred to before, and still don't now. Explain it me in layman's terms.

Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

I want to hear some new revelation, that a little child could understand in a normal tongue.

If it can't be understood, because of the tongue it is spoken in, then it is of no use.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as it is with all who are born of the Spirit of God following Christ the firstfruits.

But--wow--you are really digging a bigger hole for yourself!

God is not mocked.
Jesus and I is not God.

Still waiting on that revelation that can be understood by men that are not Jesus and I.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually it's quite narrow: it's called Scripture.

Really, so which Scripture is too narrow for you?

Jesus wasn't rebuking narrowness of Scripture.

What Jesus rebuked was all the expanded traditions and commandments men made up for themselves out of Scripture.

Jesus came in the flesh to return to God's narrowness of what is written.

Jesus' pronouncement on the matter is every Scripture written by His prophets and apostles, which is every word that proceeded from the mouth of God.

There are no new words of Scripture proceeding from the mouth of God today. If someone says there is, then it is words proceeding from an angel or man not of God today.

If anyone thinks they are getting new light outside of Scripture, called revelation not of old flesh and blood prophets and apostles, then their new light is darkness indeed.

Don't go there. Especially if it somehow justifies us sinning and still being saved.

Afterall, that's what all this is about: getting rid of pen and paper Scriptural authority, just to be be rid of James 2, that we are justified by works, and not by faith only.
A clear view requires more than the pronouncement ‘the bible says’ or ‘scripture says’
The ‘great light’ is Jesus. He qualifies God’s intentions. This basically means Jesus is not one who orders genocide as attributed to God in the OT, thus putting into question how clearly or lack of clarity the OT Prophets understood the inspiration they received.

As I said in my earlier post, when Jesus makes statements like ‘you have heard said……but I say to you’ the word ‘but’ nullifies the previous ie, the matter he is addressing.

Reactions: ScottA

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ScottA said:
Mockers will mock.

Bla, bla, bla.​

I have reported you for personal insult.
Did you really find that personally insulting? Why are people so sensitive nowadays? Even if you felt insulted, remember what Jesus taught:

Matthew 5:39 (WEB):
(39) But I tell you, don’t resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.​

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you really find that personally insulting? Why are people so sensitive nowadays? Even if you felt insulted, remember what Jesus taught:

Matthew 5:39 (WEB):
(39) But I tell you, don’t resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.​
There are them trying to have me banned from this sight, because I rebuke their false doctrine.

The Lord also let me know to discipline these same people from throwing around their usual false accusations and personal insults, which serves no purpose.

At this point, if anyone makes anything personal in anyway, and strays from the argument at hand. I report them.

Jesus drove the moneychangers out of the temple with a whip. Twice.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:9-14
Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."​

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A clear view requires more than the pronouncement ‘the bible says’ or ‘scripture says’
The ‘great light’ is Jesus. He qualifies God’s intentions. .
The only 'great light' that Scripture does not confirm as truth, is great darkness indeed:

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Reading Scripture by the Spirit to know the truth of all Scripture, is not the liberty of the spirit to add to Scripture one's own interpretations and revelations.

An false teacher is one teaching their own things for doctrine of Christ, and Scripture does not confirm it. And if they say the Spirit revealed it, then it was a spirit of error, and not the Spirit of truth.

All manner of hypocrisy and foolishness has been credited to doctrine of Christ, by them thinking their own spirit and faith is free to teach whatever they believe, without need of clear Scriptural proof, such as Mariology, Aarianism, Mormonism, OSAS, Post Resurrectionism, etc...

Scripture is not God's wish list nor limited guide to men thinking their own revelations and commandments are above what is written on paper.

Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

This basically means Jesus is not one who orders genocide as attributed to God in the OT, thus putting into question how clearly or lack of clarity the OT Prophets understood the inspiration they received.

As I said in my earlier post, when Jesus makes statements like ‘you have heard said……but I say to you’ the word ‘but’ nullifies the previous ie, the matter he is addressing.
This basically means separating Lord Jesus Christ from the Lord God of Israel.

Jesus bringing in new doctrine of a new testament, is not Jesus condemning His own law given to Moses for the old testament.

Nor did He ever condemn Himself for commanding all the men, women, children, and beasts being destroyed.

Nor did He condemn His prophet for beheading the captured Agag.

If any man is saying thus saith the Lord, and Scripture does not confirm it, it is false prophecy and doctrine against Christ, And if they are not saying 'thus saith the Lord', then they need to say so, or keep their own opinions to themselves

Once the wide road of preaching our own things for truth of God is followed, then the end is sure destruction:

They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This basically means separating Lord Jesus Christ from the Lord God of Israel.
It means the prophets interpreted God with dimmed vision. Jesus, as Hebrews 1:3 tells us is 'The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being,.....'

Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means the prophets interpreted God with dimmed vision. Jesus, as Hebrews 1:3 tells us is 'The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being,.....'
This person is literally saying that reading letters written by flesh and blood is limited, and we must be willing to rise up ourselves to receive revelation of truth for ourselves.

And those not willing to fly above flesh and blood are spiritual cowards, who only want to bicker about old dead letters on paper.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still waiting of an example of some new revelation of truth, that is necessary for the time now today.

Otherwise, what was the point of this whole thread? Just to talk about the possibility?

Is this just a prep-thread for the new revelation of thruth to come?

A sort of feeler to see if the ground is fertile now, for the time is at hand?

Or, if the time is not right now, because of the soddish hearers, then the time at hand is not now, but later?