Copy and paste

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kevin

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
I'm having issues with copying and pasting Bible verses in my posts.
I'm able to copy from the source, but when I try to paste it into my post, there is nothing there. I've tried right click, paste as well as the paste icon in the post section, but neither work for me.
I've never used this type of forum software before and wondering if it could be my browser...I'm using IE.

Thanks

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I typically copy and paste things into notepad first to remove any strange formatting. Then copy and paste again from notepad.

For those who are unaware of notepad it is a basic text editor that comes standard with windows.

Kevin

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
I'll give that a try, thanks.

That didn't work for me either. I think it may be a browser issue because if I paste directly into Chrome, it appears to work fine. Not sure what's up with IE.

digging

Jan 12, 2014
Same thing is happening with me my regular cut and paste function will not work yet it works fine on other boards?

Digging

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I am actually posting this from a virtual machine running IE11 and I can confirm that the mouse copy and paste functions don't work. This wouldn't seem to be a browser-dependent thing, but I'll have to research this further.

UPDATE:
Alright, temporary solution is to use the little flick of the switch button (which turns off the advanced editor) at the top left-hand corner of your post input area. I'm researching a way to fix it.

digging

Jan 12, 2014
Thank-you!

The one good this is this page does form a link if you type the vs but still at times it's best to have the vs printed out directly!

I will manage while you figure this out and thank-you for the quick reply!

Digging

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hammerstone ..... now if you could fix it so we could have individual posts in a thread instead of them all running into one post.

Whoever invented that software should be fired and sent paving streets for a living.

digging

Jan 12, 2014
Thank-you that works but then the other functions for the bible vs is shut of but I can live with that!

Digging

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
I am using Google Chrome, and I never have a problem with cut-and-paste on this website. So, perhaps the problem is incompatibility between IE and this site.

Folks, no law or rule says that one must use IE as one's browser. Free yourselves by switching to Chrome or Firefox. B)