Could the mark of the beast actually be a literal mark?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I won't say it couldn't but I will say it doesn't seem likely because non-christian faiths are not going to be persuaded to not take the mark to be spiritually liberated from false doctrine. This needs to happen before the mark of the beast is forced upon them.
the mark is by default; it's the way of thinking and doing of the natural human being irrespective of what culture or persuasion one belongs to. If one has the ability to not think and do as comes natural ie, not to achieve ones end by violence, one will stand out in the crowd.

Those who have been reborn cannot hide their light because they are of a different Spirit.

'The Mark' becomes evident in ones M.O.

solway

Apr 19, 2021
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(the human body has no traces of the "mark of the beast" from mankinds understanding in this earth)

(momentary, the human body when going from a unified field environment after having the "mark of the beast" to assist in transition (as is required).........then momentarily when coming back to this earth, after the body transitions, there appears to be a mark on the right side of the head, or some other areas of a visible vertices/funneling) (but there is really not traces of a "mark of the beast" that is how suppressive human dirth charge is to a unified field) (and how god designed the body to be holy)

(Statement Philadelphia, PA ... bombing) (Edward Leedskalnin when to a few countries and set things up for them, but was not an active participant deliberately, as a matter of faith in that day...........and, the disappointing result, is that some people escaped out of the sin controversy, and felt greviously disappointed, and believed there was another way to tell the story, this was a memorial for them)

(in the city of philadelphia, there was a big hospital shut down in center city, near the benjamin parkway............not to far from the first cases of covid-19...........so we know for sure covid-19 happened to several places before it happened officially, and was too much to conceal.............we also believed that, bombings happen, as a compliment from someone wanting to tell a story, but we'll have to see what is to happen)

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have done this dance once before and your exegesis is fatally flawed by allegorism.
If you do not accept the Word of God as written, why should any here accept your postings? Where does the writer of Revelation claim the book is an allegory?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not accept the Word of God as written, why should any here accept your postings? Where does the writer of Revelation claim the book is an allegory?

I do accept the book as written.

I am one who has been called woodenly literal. For I believe we should accept every passage as written unless the text demands a non literal meaning taken in light of culture, language and axiomatic truths found throughout scripture on that particular subject.

I do not reinterpret scriptures allegorically.

I never said JOhn believed he was writing allegory. Your intepretations of His writings are what is an allegorical reinterpretation.

I believe and teach the literal, historical, grammatical method of understanding Scripture!

I also teach that most passages of Scripture give us three understandings:

1. Its literal historic message. Ex. Jonah was actually swallowed by a big fish of some kind!
2. Its doctrinal implications. What is God teaching us from the passage doctrinally
3. Personal application- what is God teaching me personally form teh passage.

too many people take points 2&3 at the cost of point 1.

Reactions: marks

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do accept the book as written.

I am one who has been called woodenly literal. For I believe we should accept every passage as written unless the text demands a non literal meaning taken in light of culture, language and axiomatic truths found throughout scripture on that particular subject.

I do not reinterpret scriptures allegorically.

I never said JOhn believed he was writing allegory. Your intepretations of His writings are what is an allegorical reinterpretation.

I believe and teach the literal, historical, grammatical method of understanding Scripture!

I also teach that most passages of Scripture give us three understandings:

1. Its literal historic message. Ex. Jonah was actually swallowed by a big fish of some kind!
2. Its doctrinal implications. What is God teaching us from the passage doctrinally
3. Personal application- what is God teaching me personally form teh passage.

too many people take points 2&3 at the cost of point 1.
So you do not think that John was writing about today (this generation) in Revelation 6, in terms any reader in the last 1900 years could understand? Would each generation have their own explanation? Which interpretation is the correct view?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you do not think that John was writing about today (this generation) in Revelation 6, in terms any reader in the last 1900 years could understand? Would each generation have their own explanation? Which interpretation is the correct view?

I am sure after any great war in a region, many believers would seek to make the seals part of their generation. But there are words used that let us know the seals haven't been opened yet. Also when viewed in light of all other eschatological passages, we get a more clearer picture.

There is no correct "interpretation". Only an acceptance of what is written in light and brought in with all other passages.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is a unity to be found in interpretation, this, and in no other way, is how it may be found.

Much love!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure after any great war in a region, many believers would seek to make the seals part of their generation. But there are words used that let us know the seals haven't been opened yet. Also when viewed in light of all other eschatological passages, we get a more clearer picture.

There is no correct "interpretation". Only an acceptance of what is written in light and brought in with all other passages.
I am not talking about a great war, nor the aftermath.

I am talking about the only sign given for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Two days was determined to prepare material (Hoseas 6:v.2) and also create in the image and likeness of God the heirs of the earth(John 3:v.5-6 and Mat.5:v.5), coheirs with Christ of the kingdom of God.

Revelation 6:v.2 combined with Psalm 45:v.4-5 and Psalm 7:v.-12-13
Rev.6:v.2- I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a BOW;
Ps.45:v.4-5:-
4 And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things. 5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.

Psalm 7:v.11-13: - 11 God Judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every Day(a Day=1.000 years). 12 If he turn not, he will whet His Sword; he hath bent his BOW, and made it ready. 13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth His ARROWS against the persecutors.

Revelation 7:v.1-4 and 9-10-and 13-14
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth (North South East West), holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth(Israel-the clay-the dry land), nor on the sea(the Gentiles, or peoples, and NATIONS, and multitudes of all tongues) nor on any tree.(the disciples of JESUS, the believers)
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

13 And one of the(24)elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 8:v.1-5 and 6 to 13
1And when he had opened the seventh seal,there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.(around21years(1.000/24~42/2=21)
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

Revelation 8:v.6 to 13

Punishments and punishments. Punishments and punishments. Punishments and punishments. Punishments and punishments-Revelation 8:v.6 to 12.

13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Be careful, or get ready

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about a great war, nor the aftermath.

I am talking about the only sign given for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Well I know the sign is as the lightening flashes from east to west- so will the arrival of the son of Man be! Is this the sign you are talking about?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is a unity to be found in interpretation, this, and in no other way, is how it may be found.

Much love!

The sad thing is that even we who follow Jesus still stink with pride! We want to leave our "mark" on "Understanding the Scriptures" instead of faithfully preserving, protecting and passing on the Words of God without new commentary. I find it amazing thatr the church was born and grew with only 27 letters that became the NT. Now Christians have written so many books, the world could not contain all our verbal methane in making aname for ourselves.

Not that all books are bad.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad thing is that even we who follow Jesus still stink with pride! We want to leave our "mark" on "Understanding the Scriptures" instead of faithfully preserving, protecting and passing on the Words of God without new commentary. I find it amazing thatr the church was born and grew with only 27 letters that became the NT. Now Christians have written so many books, the world could not contain all our verbal methane in making aname for ourselves.

Not that all books are bad.
No, books of themselves aren't bad. Just the same, I've found that the more I come to realize and accept exactly what the Bible itself says that my questions are answered, and I don't need other books.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Revelation 8KJV

1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up,(Rev.12:v.4 - And his tail (the tail of the red Dragon) drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth):, and all green grass was burnt up.

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I know the sign is as the lightening flashes from east to west- so will the arrival of the son of Man be! Is this the sign you are talking about?

The one Jesus gave:

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."